My stomach is a mess, I don’t know what to do. HELP!

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I’m having an incredibly hard time putting on mass because of my ultra sensitive stomach. It’s been going for two months, I’ve tried everything and I’m still not 100% right.

I had to completely ditch all supplements I was taking (Creatine, X-Gels, Anabeta Elite, Tr1umph) besides fish oil and multivit. Since then I’ve gotten better but still have this super annoying stomach cramps and bloated feeling that affect my workouts and life in general.

I’m lactose intolerant but not allergic to gluten - regardless I always pay extreme attention to my diet. People suggest to eat more fibers but I notice they just bloat me more...

I started taking glutammine cause I read it helps rebuild intestine issue, but tbh I have absolutely no intestine problems, no gas no diarrhea. It’s all in the stomach.

I even started taking Evomuse Gut Health, did 2 caps the first 5 days and now just taking one in the morning. Can’t say I feel an improvement though...

I had to even ditch white rice in my post workout cause it was bloating me so much, I’m better with pasta now but still not as good as I want to.

I even fastes for 24hrs to “reset the body”, just gave me a ton of hunger and weird stomach noises.

I did blood tests and everything is more than fine. I don’t know what to do....anyone? :(

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
I’m having an incredibly hard time putting on mass because of my ultra sensitive stomach. It’s been going for two months, I’ve tried everything and I’m still not 100% right.

I had to completely ditch all supplements I was taking (Creatine, X-Gels, Anabeta Elite, Tr1umph) besides fish oil and multivit. Since then I’ve gotten better but still have this super annoying stomach cramps and bloated feeling that affect my workouts and life in general.

I’m lactose intolerant but not allergic to gluten - regardless I always pay extreme attention to my diet. People suggest to eat more fibers but I notice they just bloat me more...

I started taking glutammine cause I read it helps rebuild intestine issue, but tbh I have absolutely no intestine problems, no gas no diarrhea. It’s all in the stomach.

I even started taking Evomuse Gut Health, did 2 caps the first 5 days and now just taking one in the morning. Can’t say I feel an improvement though...

I had to even ditch white rice in my post workout cause it was bloating me so much, I’m better with pasta now but still not as good as I want to.

I even fastes for 24hrs to “reset the body”, just gave me a ton of hunger and weird stomach noises.

I did blood tests and everything is more than fine. I don’t know what to do....anyone? :(
Have you taken Oral Pro-hormones in the past? Or anything similar that was orally ingested.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should eat sauerkraut or kimchee for gut health.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
How long have you had the pain? Ever had an allergy panel done?
Yea I had an allergy/intolerance test: I’m most sensitive to lactose and dairy, yeast, nickel and that’s it. Not gluten afaik.

Pain started exactly when I started my bulk phase, which I did gradually, but I did change some stuff like eating more actual food rather than powdered carbs or proteins....I felt better when I was using those more tbh :(

At the same time I started X-Gels, Tr1umph and Anabeta Elite, which I used succesfully in the past but I’ve been getting worse and worse this time, I couldn’t take it anymore so I stopped after 5 weeks. Gotten better since then, but still not hassle-free.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
You should eat sauerkraut or kimchee for gut health.
But they contain the same probiotics I have in Evomuse Gut Health, right? Also, I think they help intestines more than stomach, and my problem is stomach only.

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
Since you have gotten better after discontinuing use of those bulking products, it sounds as if your body is already healing itself. I would just try facilitating the healing process by cosuming ginger and sticking with the Evomuse gut health. They both should help with the acute inflammation it seems you're having

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
Since you have gotten better after discontinuing use of those bulking products, it sounds as if your body is already healing itself. I would just try facilitating the healing process by cosuming ginger and sticking with the Evomuse gut health. They both should help with the acute inflammation it seems you're having
Does it soothe your stomach to drink warm beverages? A really strong ginger tea should do the trick.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Does it soothe your stomach to drink warm beverages? A really strong ginger tea should do the trick.
Forgot to mention, I just can’t take caffeine, I’m super sensitive to it. Will try some warm decaf tea though

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
Forgot to mention, I just can’t take caffeine, I’m super sensitive to it. Will try some warm decaf tea though
Ginger tea shouldn't have any caffeine. I am also very sensitive to it, but have ginger tea all the time

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
In fact just make it yourself. Using raw ginger root, ginger pulp, and hot water.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't drink your tap water, tap water now contains micro plastic from what I have read. You have to find water that doesn't contain micro plastic. If that is related to your stomach issues.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But they contain the same probiotics I have in Evomuse Gut Health, right? Also, I think they help intestines more than stomach, and my problem is stomach only.
Stop taking pills and eat real food.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you read the whole post and comments below, You’d actually see I have more problems since taking more real food, and way less supps...
Go see a doctor fast. Stomach cancer?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Fermented foods, probiotics and ditch whatever messes with you, also if you like milk, try fairlife milk, lactose is removed and has double the protien of regular milk.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been on Gut Health for? It takes a little time.

Also, I agree with ginger. I take it for motion sickness, or with stomach issues. Just be careful with it because it can lead to stomach pain if not taken with food and lots of water.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also high dose l glutamine like 20-30gm a day is good for gut health

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Also high dose l glutamine like 20-30gm a day is good for gut health
I already take lots of glutammine. All the milk I take is lactose free, and I to take probiotics (Gut Health). When I say I tried it all, I really mean it... :(

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m suffering from the same issue. Something is giving me mild stomach pain and distends me to looking like I’m pregnant.

I’ve added water Kefir as a probiotic lately. I’ve stopped eating eggs and that has helped. I’ve stopped all supplements.

What food intolerance test did you use? What was the cost?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I already take lots of glutammine. All the milk I take is lactose free, and I to take probiotics (Gut Health). When I say I tried it all, I really mean it... :(
Just so you know, there is no way to remove all the lactose from milk and dairy products. You might want to simply stop consuming dairy.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, have you tried using Betaine HCL to increase your stomach acid? I notice some bloat goes away with 2 caps of Now Foods Betaine HCL (has pepsin in it) with Protein meals only.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Oh, have you tried using Betaine HCL to increase your stomach acid? I notice some bloat goes away with 2 caps of Now Foods Betaine HCL (has pepsin in it) with Protein meals only.
I thought people wanted to avoid excessive acid in their stomach? Will investigate.

Btw, you’re right about lactose but it clearly says on the label “less than 0.1%” so I don’t really think that’s an issue. Actually lactose free greek yogurt and cottage cheese are probably the only two things I can still eat totally fine.

PS: it’s mainly the carbs giving me this feeling, not proteins/fats. Even gluten free stuff, doesn’t matter if white or brown.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought people wanted to avoid excessive acid in their stomach? Will investigate.

Btw, you’re right about lactose but it clearly says on the label “less than 0.1%” so I don’t really think that’s an issue. Actually lactose free greek yogurt and cottage cheese are probably the only two things I can still eat totally fine.

PS: it’s mainly the carbs giving me this feeling, not proteins/fats. Even gluten free stuff, doesn’t matter if white or brown.
If your food choices are that limited then you have to stick with the lactose free dairy.

Carbs over 150 g per day definitely bloat the heck out of me.

I’m 57 so it’s possible that my stomach acid secretion has dropped significantly. All I know is I’m taking 2 caps 600 mg Betaine HCL and feeling so much relief. Again, if you try it, get Now brand as it has pepsin. Only take it with meals with protein.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: I think I found the reason, I’m getting better finally!

Basically, I have a huuuuge intolerance to yeast. Anything with yeast will make me feel like death. No bread or cakes whatsoever anymore for me...on top of that, the whey protein I was taking had more lactose than advertised, I switched to a pure isolate and now I’m fine with that as well.

Lactose and yeast intolerances are so bad for me that no amount of probiotics, vitamins, fish oil and even meds would make them go away, I just have to completely avoid them.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great to hear! I’m still taking the Betaine HCL and Kefir - feeling great! Abdominal distention is going away.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
UPDATE: I think I found the reason, I’m getting better finally!

Basically, I have a huuuuge intolerance to yeast. Anything with yeast will make me feel like death. No bread or cakes whatsoever anymore for me...on top of that, the whey protein I was taking had more lactose than advertised, I switched to a pure isolate and now I’m fine with that as well.

Lactose and yeast intolerances are so bad for me that no amount of probiotics, vitamins, fish oil and even meds would make them go away, I just have to completely avoid them.
Glad to hear you're doing better. When you say you're sensitive to caffeine, what are your symptoms? Does it just upset your stomach or do you get anxious/jittery as well? A lot of what you're describing just sounds like irritable bowel syndrome.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you're doing better. When you say you're sensitive to caffeine, what are your symptoms? Does it just upset your stomach or do you get anxious/jittery as well? A lot of what you're describing just sounds like irritable bowel syndrome.
It’s not so much the stomach, if I drink even a tiny bit I get cold sweats, arhythmia and all that stuff.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s not so much the stomach, if I drink even a tiny bit I get cold sweats, arhythmia and all that stuff.
This sounds like a lot of what I used to go through and also why I can't ever drink coffee. Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? Feel free to send me a private message if you're more comfortable talking that way.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like a lot of what I used to go through and also why I can't ever drink coffee. Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? Feel free to send me a private message if you're more comfortable talking that way.
Well I did have anxiety and even a couple panic attacks when I was younger, I was taking light benzos but not anymore, I’m fine now (if I don’t take coffee)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's just something to consider. I had really bad GI issues and went through every test possible and they could never find anything physically wrong. It took years, but then discovered it was tied into my anxiety, although that didn't make the physical symptoms any less real.