SUGAR!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. SUGAR!!!

Okay look we all know that sugar is the spawn of Satan so here's my question. I drink Greek frappe which is a delicious coffee but I only like it sweet(4 teaspoons of sugar yikes). I only drink black coffee now but on a cheat day I will have it. I work as a trash man literally running down the street all day flinging barrels and burning calories. If I drink my sweet Greek frappe every morning before work, is it ok because I'm literally gonna be running my ass off for the next 6-8 hours? Or is sugar poison no matter what and even if I do strenuous work im still wrecking my body with sugar. Opinions?

2. Unless your making a living at bodybuilding then enjoy your life. If that ***gy frappe is your biggest worry for the day then your doing just fine. 4 tsp of sugar is not going to kill you. **** I think there's 40tsp in a can of coke
    •   

3. Spiking your insulin before a lot of exercise will inhibit the fat burning potential of said exercise

4. Quote Originally Posted by u_e_s_i View Post
    Spiking your insulin before a lot of exercise will inhibit the fat burning potential of said exercise
    I'll be at work for 6 to 8 hours. Isn't that ok?

5. And worrying about 4tsp of suger will inhibit living a normal life
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    It's fine

7. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Unless your making a living at bodybuilding then enjoy your life. If that ***gy frappe is your biggest worry for the day then your doing just fine. 4 tsp of sugar is not going to kill you. **** I think there's 40tsp in a can of coke
    Truth!

8. Define wrecking your body... are you wanting to cut out some fat?

9. Also, insulin spikes lead to elevated cortisol which could affect your muscle mass

10. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    And worrying about 4tsp of suger will inhibit living a normal life
    Well I'm trying to follow a Paleo diet. I make exceptions for feta cheese and peanut butter here and there but mainly I wanna try to stay as natural as possible. So 4 tsp sugar isint really good, but like you say I wanna enjoy my life

11. Quote Originally Posted by Apsmith4992 View Post
    Define wrecking your body... are you wanting to cut out some fat?
    No not really worried about gaining a little fat. I just know sugar is absolutely worthless and causes all types of disease

12. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Well I'm trying to follow a Paleo diet. I make exceptions for feta cheese and peanut butter here and there but mainly I wanna try to stay as natural as possible. So 4 tsp sugar isint really good, but like you say I wanna enjoy my life
    I got issues with the Paleo diet. For 1 they only lived to be like 30 back then. 2 why are whole grains bad? 3 drink your frappe and go to work

13. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Given what you're doing it won't make too much of a difference. Keep in mind that a lot of ppl purposefully spike their insulin with simple carbs after every workout .
    You could offset the sugar by reducing the carb load of your breakfast and adding a lil more slow digesting protein and/or fibre

14. Quote Originally Posted by u_e_s_i View Post
    Given what you're doing it won't make too much of a difference. Keep in mind that a lot of ppl purposefully spike their insulin with simple carbs after every workout .
    You could offset the sugar by reducing the carb load of your breakfast and adding a lil more slow digesting protein and/or fibre
    My breakfast is boiled eggs with potatoes and cottage cheese. So that could slow down the carb release and cause less of an insulin spike?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I got issues with the Paleo diet. For 1 they only lived to be like 30 back then. 2 why are whole grains bad? 3 drink your frappe and go to work
    Pretty solid advice although I'm gonna have to stand with the whole grains being bad though

16. If your super worried I think I read something about how adding cinnamon to fast carbs controls blood sugar

17. Might be worth looking into

18. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Pretty solid advice although I'm gonna have to stand with the whole grains being bad though
    Only if you have that gluten intolerance which only 2% of ppl really have

19. Celiac disease was what I was thinking of

20. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Only if you have that gluten intolerance which only 2% of ppl really have
    Actually I do have celiac disease. My mom has it too. Also my great grandmother died young of some weird stomach issue that they never could figure out. So I'm gonna assume she was celiac too

21. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Actually I do have celiac disease. My mom has it too. Also my great grandmother died young of some weird stomach issue that they never could figure out. So I'm gonna assume she was celiac too
    That's crazy. My neice has it and she looked 3 until she was 9 and they figured out she had it, then she grew like 16" in a year when they changed her diet. Most ppl just herd about it and say they do. I got a guy who comes in my bar and swears if there's gluten in his food he will die! And stresses it. But has a bttl of red wine with his meal which contains gluten

22. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    That's crazy. My neice has it and she looked 3 until she was 9 and they figured out she had it, then she grew like 16" in a year when they changed her diet. Most ppl just herd about it and say they do. I got a guy who comes in my bar and swears if there's gluten in his food he will die! And stresses it. But has a bttl of red wine with his meal which contains gluten
    If I eat gluten once, usually I don't have any immediate symptoms. But if I start eating it daily consistently, my immune system goes to **** and I start breaking out in cold sores and staph infections all over my skin. Doctors originally suspected AIDS!!! LOL imagine a doctor telling you that you could have AIDS and then do a bunch of blood work and you walk around for 3 days thinking you're dying of AIDS and then they're like "lol jk bro, you just can't eat bread" lol

23. Lol. Well Ive got a yeast allergy and I still eat bread and drink beer but if I go overboard I get dry skin and weird rash on my eyelids. It sucks but I'll deal with it and u can keep your aids

24. TBH dude your body will run through that sugar so fast it won't really matter. If you are trying to follow something like carb backloading then yes it would be a good idea, but if not you'll be fine.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using AnabolicMinds mobile app

25. Quote Originally Posted by hambone2493 View Post
    TBH dude your body will run through that sugar so fast it won't really matter. If you are trying to follow something like carb backloading then yes it would be a good idea, but if not you'll be fine.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using AnabolicMinds mobile app
    So you don't think I'll be setting myself up for diabetes in the future?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sugar Control Supplements
    By Champ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 12:34 PM
  2. No More Sugar (For You Bobo)
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 03:32 PM
  3. America Drowning In Sugar
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss