MK677 and blood sugar testing

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can someone recommend an easy to use inexpensive glucose test monitor? I’ve seen several but looking for feedback. I’ll be starting another cycle soon (MK/LGD3303) and feel like it’s something I need to keep tabs on at this point. I ran MK not too long ago for a couple of months and liked the fullness I got from it. But nowadays as I’ve gotten older I can feel it when I eat a sugary dessert, which I don’t do too often, but probably more than I should.

Also, when and how often should I test my blood sugar?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just go to CVS or wal mart and they'll have a starter kit that comes with the monitor, some test straps, and a lancet. It comes I the convenient carrying case with a log book. It's actually pretty cool and it was less than 20$.
Test it first thing in the morning so you know your fasted glucose level

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You may also want to test 1-2 hours after your biggest (highest carb) meal to see if you're getting highs. That may be what's leading to you "feeling" your desserts.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds easy enough. Thanks guys. I also picked up some berberine, which I think I should take with my meals (or right before), unless my glucose stays within range, correct?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds easy enough. Thanks guys. I also picked up some berberine, which I think I should take with my meals (or right before), unless my glucose stays within range, correct?
Just take it with your meals that's fine. You take berberine regardless of blood sugar. It helps the uptake of glucose into the cell