Quality 100% irish beef burgers?

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i got a couple of boxes of big als grillhouse beef burgers on a special offer for like 6 euros this morning. Thats 8 beef burgers or about 700 g of 80/20 beef.

From the packing, labels and certificates printed on the box these should be of a certain high quality i suppose. Ingredients wise, they contain 99% beef and 1% black pepper, with zero sodium and carbs. Perfect, right?

Grillhouse Beef Burgers | Big Al's

What do you guys think? Anyone tried them? Is this quality meat?

Each burger weighs 85 g frozen. I plan to reduce the amount of chicken or turkey breast im eating as im getting over 300 g of protein and not enough fat. So i plan to sub a burger for 200g breast. This way i will be taking more fat and less protein but roughly the same amount of cals

Deltacode

Awards
Never tried them but I would certainly give them a go. I normally get a 99% Aberdeen Angus Burger and get them on the George foreman

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
i have been eating two or three every day since i bought them and posted this. they are quality, probably the best i have tried out of the freezer. i grill them too and id say with the fat that drips off and after i dab off the excess oil (which isnt a lot by the way), they net about 11 g of fat. they are delicious, juicy and are fitting nicely into my keto diet.

i also made a casserole last night, with a couple of these burgers cut up and mixed with turkey drumstick meat, chicken drumstick meat, parmesian, emmentaller, cream cheese, garlic, black pepper and caramelized onions and roasted eggplant. grilled the casserole to finish it off and melt the cheese. absolute heaven...

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
beef is beef just depends on what they are fed. Lately i've been eating a lot of bison. Delicous and lean