Quality Headphones

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m so sick of the garbage music in the gym. I’m looking for Bluetooth headphones that wrap around your ear, not the ones that you stick into your ear nor the huge earmuffs all the kids are wearing these days.

Does anyone have any product or at least brand recommendations? I don’t really want to spend over $100, but since I listen to metal, sound quality is very important.

Thanks.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Huge audiophile and fellow metalhead. Also have some pretty serious hearing loss from big guns and explosions. There are only 2 brands that have satisfied me lately, Bose and Beats, I haven't tried either of their wrap around buds yet, but I use the Bose "Sport" earbuds in the gym, rowing, hiking for cardio, etc. They're amazing at $150. I had some Beats that I think were like $250 that were even better for metal and rap, but my dog ate them and I just hate coughing up that much money for something like that.

Sennheiser is supposed to be amazing, but I don't need multiple pairs of headphones running around. Or maybe I do...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm super stoked for this thread because I bought these in Feb of 2021

now, 3+ years later they still work, HOWEVER... they constantly try to sink of up with my phone even when I have them put away in their case. they aren't getting a consistent charge anymore (I tried cleaning/repairing the contacts in the case). This causes them to die fast when I think they are charging, and when I have my phone synced to my truck for bluetooth on the highway it cuts out all the time cause the tozos automagically sync to my phone while they are in their case.. I almost threw them out the window the other day during rush hour cause I was tired of my music going in and out on me.

so I too, am in the hunt for a nicer pair to upgrade/replace with.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
on a hubberman podcast recently they were talking about "air driven" headphones? because they were trying to keep the electronics or something away from the ears? I didn't understand the science but he said he was getting massive irritation, to the point of like swelling from normal earbuds but I didn't really catch the details.

either way, yes.. I'm in the hunt with you.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fellow metalhead here…. I Like Beats earmuff for sound quality but they make my head hot, now I use Maxell bass boost earbuds with an actual cord and adapter hooked up to my phone

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was just looking up those Bose sport earbuds and found this deal fyi: 51$ on clearance at best buy

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry about that. I assumed that they had some left

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I enjoy my Audio 66 headphones. Battery lasts forever. My ears do get sore though if I wear them too long.