ciprofloxacin and weight lifting

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
hey guys i jsut got prescribed this and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this antibiotic because all i saw when i researched it was tendon weakning and possible tendon rupture also some thing with less protein synthesis anyways should i just not take this or not go to the gym ( il still go to the gym )

thanks

Melbar Kasom

Melbar Kasom

Awards
Smart Question. Don't take prescription medicine if You do have an bacterial infect instead lift harder than ever before. If it Is getting worse Or if You do have any questions with subject to your RX DO NOT ask your doc. Instead push Yourself harder in your lifting sessions.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
Smart Question. Don't take prescription medicine if You do have an bacterial infect instead lift harder than ever before. If it Is getting worse Or if You do have any questions with subject to your RX DO NOT ask your doc. Instead push Yourself harder in your lifting sessions.
really enjoyed the serious and helpful post.....

Melbar Kasom

Melbar Kasom

Awards
Probably my answer was not clear. No sports when taking antibiotics. Only a professionell Can decide if it is needed Or not. If you dont Trust the current doctor ask a second one. You need to take this for a maximum of 3 weeks what happens if you dont take and the Condition is getting worse. It will take longer, Right?!
I wonder if someone can Really answer the Question if it is increasing the Risk of getting injured. I See your Question here but the whole Post does not follow Common Sense thats Why i think the question is not smart.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I've been on cipro for 3 months straight for chrons disease and I lift heavy and often. You're fine, but listen to your body.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
really? i just read all these horror stories online kinda worried

martymcfly18

martymcfly18

Awards
Tendon rupture with ciprofloxacin is an extremely rare side effect - about 0.14% to 0.4% according to an NIH review (see non-link below). The risk is greater if you are also on corticosteroids (such as Prednisone). I wouldn't worry about it.

3dubyas.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921747/

bigead

bigead

Awards
I know someone who had ruptured tendons from cipro and had to get surgery because of it. I would not take cipro unless it was the only option for the infection, but that's just me.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys i didnt take it and it turned out docotr got lab results and no need for either of the anitbiotics kinda pissed the doc just prescribes gives such strong anti without need but whatever