The 6 foods that work.. 8 week trial (with pics)

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Wait so 7 set how many reps?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

12-15. Any more than that and you tap into oxidative energy pathways that promote muscular endurance.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

this still going?

im in
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    this still going?

im in
    Absolutely. Good to have you bro
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Answers

What up man everything still going as planned?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

hows the diet going man?
    i know if i was to attempt to do that i would be craving all the good stuff, it kinda runs in my family, got damed sweet tooth from my moms side.
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

keep up the good work man...
    great progress.... IF i was to try something like this for training without the use of gluten/wheat, what could i sub in instead of oats?
    subbed in for more progress updates
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    keep up the good work man...
    great progress.... IF i was to try something like this for training without the use of gluten/wheat, what could i sub in instead of oats?
    subbed in for more progress updates
    Sweet potatos, gluten free brown rice, quinoa, brown rice bread(food for life brand), that's what I aim for
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

10. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah I noticed that earlier but thankfully it's gone
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Can you switch out the sweet potato for a yam?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mugen112 View Post
    Can you switch out the sweet potato for a yam?
    Yes, sweet potato and yams pretty much have the same nutrient profile
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Fukc yes! I love a good yam!!
  14. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cham
    Sweet potatos, gluten free brown rice, quinoa, brown rice bread(food for life brand), that's what I aim for
    Cheers bro...
    I'm doing paleo so trying to open up my choices... Red quinoa sounds good.having so much fat hurts my higher intensity running
    cheers
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Cheers bro...
    I'm doing paleo so trying to open up my choices... Red quinoa sounds good.having so much fat hurts my higher intensity running
    cheers
    You can also try Cream of buckwheat, it's quinoa without the fat
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    What up man everything still going as planned?
    hows the diet going man?
    i know if i was to attempt to do that i would be craving all the good stuff, it kinda runs in my family, got damed sweet tooth from my moms side.
    I fell off the wagon a bit this past weekend. Went to visit the peeps and got influenced too much. Had a few pieces of pizza and im sure i didnt hit my protein target saturday and sunday. Everything is back to normal now. 204lbs this morning. Its day #34. Im still getting great pumps in the gym- due to full glycogen stores. Im feeling relatively lean in the morning.. could be a lot leaner. I'd like to lose another 3% bodyfat. Calories are still the same and cardio has been increased to 30 min PWO.. although tonight was only 20 i was exhausted.

Hit back tonight.. nothing out of the ordinary- 120lb db rows, 120lb shrugs, murdered calves. Ill post some new pics soon

Oh yea, just wanted to mention that I had a nice piece of a** the other night Chick came over to chill and was like "no I cant, I just met you" when i made some moves. I was like "I respect that". By the end of the night i had her bent over biting the pillow lol
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Everyone messes up on the diet, hard when you got loads of the external influences pressuring you to eat too lol.

Nice on getting some extra cardio in man
    RecoverBro ELITE
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quinoa has fat in it?
  19. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quinoa has fat in it?
    my thoughts exactly...have a good set of amino acids in it but not too sure about the fats...may be the omega 6s but i doubt that its a negliable amount
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Very interested to see how this particular diet continues to progress, looking into doing something similar for myself. Great to hear its working out well for you.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rapz85 View Post
    Very interested to see how this particular diet continues to progress, looking into doing something similar for myself. Great to hear its working out well for you.
    Well I'm not 4 percent bf yet lol but I can tell there is something peculiar about it. I know if I was eating like I used to with the same amnt of calories I'd be gaining weight- mostly fat. Like I mentioned before there is def a correlation with the way these foods affect insulin release and regulation.
  22. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    12-15. Any more than that and you tap into oxidative energy pathways that promote muscular endurance.
    What makes you think that? Low-load high volume resistance exercise stimulates muscle protein synthesis more than high-load low volume resistance exercise in young men. They also recently finished a long term study(yet to be published) that showed the same results translated to muscle growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by cham View Post
    ...quinoa...that's what I aim for
    Thiz face.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Well I'm not 4 percent bf yet lol but I can tell there is something peculiar about it. I know if I was eating like I used to with the same amnt of calories I'd be gaining weight- mostly fat. Like I mentioned before there is def a correlation with the way these foods affect insulin release and regulation.
    Ahh I think I skipped a page, Im on point now though. Still seems like good improvements judging from the pics. Will continue to follow
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    What makes you think that? Low-load high volume resistance exercise stimulates muscle protein synthesis more than high-load low volume resistance exercise in young men. They also recently finished a long term study(yet to be published) that showed the same results translated to muscle growth
    You should know that studies have all kinds of flaws. What other things were being monitered in these men? Was there a statistically significant number of subjects and were they screened for other anabolic promoting factors? Also, what is volitional failure? That may have been at 15 seconds.. which is not long enough for oxidative pathways to kick in. How did they determine 1RM? Was the method valid? How about growth hormone release? Ill bet the high volume didnt get a spike in GH compared to the 90%. Also, 90% of 1RM is too high to promote significant hypertrophy, which is why we bodybuilders train in the 8-12 rep range (60-80% 1RM) MOST of the time. How about other objective measures such as LBM at the end of the study?

How do you know the researchers weren't trying to prove these results? You cant just look at one or two studies.

I, personally dont train extremely heavy or extremely light but I know if I did 20 reps on all exercises I would deflate like a busted condom.
  25. Registered User
    Answers

I also believe that going passed 12-15 will tap into aerobic pathways and this isn't what we want to enhance.

Isn't hypertrophy best achieved activating fast twitch fibers?

Btw I'm going to get on this diet starting Friday.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Answers

I also believe that going passed 12-15 will tap into aerobic pathways and this isn't what we want to enhance.

Btw I'm going to get on this diet starting Friday.
    Yes thats right. Actually its based more on time. First 10 seconds are atp/creatine phosphate, then up to 30 is glycolytic i believe. Anywhere after that is aerobic/oxidative. High volume will cause the body to convert to aerobic energy metabolism. Of course, there are some type II fast twitch muscles with aerobic/oxidative properties- these are a mix between type I and type II fibers. Doing aerobic (high volume/duration) workouts will cause an increase in slow twitch fibers with more mitochondria, and a decrease in fast twitch fibers that account for strength. There are genetic barriers and some people are born with more of one type but conditioning can make a huge difference. "A high endurance muscle is a small muscle". This is why runners are so small.. not sprinters because they only do 40 yards and such. Its more than just the fact they are burning calories.. the entire muscular landscape and function changes.

Good to hear you are trying it out. Im loving it and for some reason im not craving alot of junk food.. its a tolerable diet.

Pretty soon I will begin boiling my chicken breasts instead of baking- this is what Pulcinella did close to the contest.
  27. Registered User
    Answers

Cordyceps is supposed to boost the anaerobic pathway... Anyone have luck with that stuff?
  28. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Cordyceps is supposed to boost the anaerobic pathway... Anyone have luck with that stuff?
    magic product. Makes intense cardio a little LESS intense. Example: i am a runner, was running at around 4:45 a km which is about 7:40 a mile. Now im down to 6:30 a mile = 3:50 a km.

more oxygen to the muscles, more intense workouts, more productive, MORE FAT LOSS. My fav cordygeps products:
    1. ALL OF MST's cordygen line
    2. Drive by App Nut
    3. Blue Gene by Controlled Labs (only had a sample size from a supplier in australia. Want more though!!!)
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  29. Registered User
    Answers

I've read a study saying that Cordyceps doesn't enhance oxygen utilization which is how they determined it boosts your anaerobic pathway. Can anyone dispute this?
  30. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mugen112
    I've read a study saying that Cordyceps doesn't enhance oxygen utilization which is how they determined it boosts your anaerobic pathway. Can anyone dispute this?
    Flick bnatural and CTDuece a message bro
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

cordyceps products:
    1. ALL OF MST's cordygen line
    2. Drive by App Nut
    3. Blue Gene by Controlled Labs (only had a sample size from a supplier in australia. Want more though!!!)
    How did you like drive compared to Cordygen?

I am a BIG fan of MST Cordygen products and haven't had a chance to use drive yet.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  32. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

How did you like drive compared to Cordygen?

I am a BIG fan of MST Cordygen products and haven't had a chance to use drive yet.
    I woke up with morning wood for 1 month straight lol...test boost was there. Always my leanest on it...can't afford it now...
    It's a great product. A big thanks to Rosie for getting me on it...
    Try it bro!!!! Worth every penny (wish for more)
    I ran it seperate from Titanium XL so I could tell a diff. Better all around product especially with Forslean in it...
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Also, what is volitional failure? That may have been at 15 seconds.. which is not long enough for oxidative pathways to kick in. How did they determine 1RM? Was the method valid? How about growth hormone release? Ill bet the high volume didnt get a spike in GH compared to the 90%. Also, 90% of 1RM is too high to promote significant hypertrophy, which is why we bodybuilders train in the 8-12 rep range (60-80% 1RM) MOST of the time. How about other objective measures such as LBM at the end of the study?
    I guess you don't think much of Max-OT if you think a 5rm is too low to promote hypertrophy. All the answers to those questions are in the study. Volitional failure just means failure. "Failure was recognized when a complete range of motion for the exercise could not be completed." 1-s concentric, 0-s pause, and a 1-s eccentric for 24 reps would be 48 seconds time under tension, with an average of 43 seconds. There also wasn't any LBM measure during this short term study, but there was in the long term study that's under review for publication.
    Their point is that fast twitch fibers ARE activated by going to failure. Fast twitch fibers aren't just going to be left out of the equation when you're lifting with everything you've got. Also, endurance exercise still increases the number of satellite cells...
    Doing aerobic (high volume/duration) workouts will cause an increase in slow twitch fibers with more mitochondria, and a decrease in fast twitch fibers that account for strength..."A high endurance muscle is a small muscle". This is why runners are so small.. not sprinters because they only do 40 yards and such. Its more than just the fact they are burning calories.. the entire muscular landscape and function changes.
    So the stronger muscle is the bigger muscle? Look at Tom Platz vs Dr. Squat. Why is the stronger muscle the smaller muscle? Why is the "High endurance" muscle bigger? Tom Platz often worked out in the 25+ rep range and NOONE had bigger legs. "On numerous occasions, he squatted for 10 minutes straight for more than 100 reps with 225 pounds."
    Why would you think slow twitch fibers don't hypertophy with the correct stimulus? There's a HUGE difference between doing 24 reps and running a marathon. It's blasphemous to equate the two.
    How do you know the researchers weren't trying to prove these results? You cant just look at one or two studies.
    "Henneman's work [11] described the recruitment of motor units as occurring in a progressive fashion from small to large (i.e., the size principle). As opposed to the requirement for high intensity contractions we posited that the total volume of contractions, independent of intensity, would result in full motor unit activation and muscle fibre recruitment and would be of equal or greater importance as intensity to the acute stimulation of muscle protein synthesis. Specifically, the same degree of muscle fibre activation and presumably a similar stimulation of myofibrillar (MYO) protein synthesis, would occur regardless of intensity provided that the exercise was performed until volitional fatigue (failure) in line with observations from occlusion training [8], [9], [10]."
    So yes, they were trying to prove that lifting lighter would still hypertophy the fast twitch fibers as long as you lift to failure. There also isn't only one or two studies on the subject, as you can see by their references.
    I, personally dont train extremely heavy or extremely light but I know if I did 20 reps on all exercises I would deflate like a busted condom.
    I assumed that I would shrink too, but I was in a plateau so I decided to give it a shot anyway. I gained .3lb lbm the first week, and .52lb the second week. This says they both stimulate different anabolic pathways, so I'm going to do this every now and then, and everyone should be doing both.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i love the science based debate that is taken place. imo thats how we or atleast i, learn
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    I guess you don't think much of Max-OT if you think a 5rm is too low to promote hypertrophy. All the answers to those questions are in the study. Volitional failure just means failure. "Failure was recognized when a complete range of motion for the exercise could not be completed." 1-s concentric, 0-s pause, and a 1-s eccentric for 24 reps would be 48 seconds time under tension, with an average of 43 seconds. There also wasn't any LBM measure during this short term study, but there was in the long term study that's under review for publication.Their point is that fast twitch fibers ARE activated by going to failure. Fast twitch fibers aren't just going to be left out of the equation when you're lifting with everything you've got. Also, endurance exercise still increases the number of satellite cells...So the stronger muscle is the bigger muscle? Look at Tom Platz vs Dr. Squat. Why is the stronger muscle the smaller muscle? Why is the "High endurance" muscle bigger? Tom Platz often worked out in the 25+ rep range and NOONE had bigger legs. "On numerous occasions, he squatted for 10 minutes straight for more than 100 reps with 225 pounds."
    Why would you think slow twitch fibers don't hypertophy with the correct stimulus? There's a HUGE difference between doing 24 reps and running a marathon. It's blasphemous to equate the two.
    "Henneman's work [11] described the recruitment of motor units as occurring in a progressive fashion from small to large (i.e., the size principle). As opposed to the requirement for high intensity contractions we posited that the total volume of contractions, independent of intensity, would result in full motor unit activation and muscle fibre recruitment and would be of equal or greater importance as intensity to the acute stimulation of muscle protein synthesis. Specifically, the same degree of muscle fibre activation and presumably a similar stimulation of myofibrillar (MYO) protein synthesis, would occur regardless of intensity provided that the exercise was performed until volitional fatigue (failure) in line with observations from occlusion training [8], [9], [10]."
    So yes, they were trying to prove that lifting lighter would still hypertophy the fast twitch fibers as long as you lift to failure. There also isn't only one or two studies on the subject, as you can see by their references. I assumed that I would shrink too, but I was in a plateau so I decided to give it a shot anyway. I gained .3lb lbm the first week, and .52lb the second week. This says they both stimulate different anabolic pathways, so I'm going to do this every now and then, and everyone should be doing both.
    Very true with the last part, the only way I got 29.5in legs was squats for 30 min then a very brutal workout heck my quads only respond to high reps and I was lure 21 with 34 in.waist most of my female friends had smaller waist than my quads
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  36. Registered User
    Answers

I don't know that high reps induces hypertrophy, but there r studies that show higher reps can increase protein synthesis better than low reps. This could be why your lbm increased. What do u think?
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Increased protein synthesis + increased lean body mass = hypertrophy.
    I'm going to do 3 weeks at 24 reps, 3 at 12, and 3 at 6. If it works well, that'll be my new cycle.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187
    Increased protein synthesis + increased lean body mass = hypertrophy.
    I'm going to do 3 weeks at 24 reps, 3 at 12, and 3 at 6. If it works well, that'll be my new cycle.
    Hypertrophy is the enlargement of the actual fibers. There is also the increase in number of fibers which is not hypertrophy.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i prefer to train for Myofibrillar hypertrophy rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Hypertrophy is the enlargement of the actual fibers. There is also the increase in number of fibers which is not hypertrophy.
    i prefer to train for Myofibrillar hypertrophy rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
    As rochabp was getting at, they're both hypertrophy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR 8/22 The Six Foods That Work
    By triceptor in forum Super Human Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
  2. 4 week mdrol log----> BEFORE AND AFTER PICS!
    By zecca in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM
  3. b4 after pics 10 week bulk
    By Movin_weight in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:39 AM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM