1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Me too. I had pizza and cheesebread last night but didn't gain a pound!
    That is awesome, I just can't wait to be lean again Bro, I mean it was only a year ago, but I just feel like I've been fat and self conscious of my body for a very long time!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    That is awesome, I just can't wait to be lean again Bro, I mean it was only a year ago, but I just feel like I've been fat and self conscious of my body for a very long time!
    I know exactly what you mean. A couple years ago I did an all out dirty bulk and thought I was making great progress until I looked at some vacation pictures and I was like, "Holy crap I'm FAT!" I changed my diet immediately after that and rethought my whole approach to dieting. With a couple exceptions, I have been liking LG diet so far after a few months now on it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I don't see any issues with it.

How long you "fast" and "feed" is really up to you, and you CAN get effective results by creating your OWN adaptation/modification of Lean Gains - this is what I and a few others have done, and it works well for us. You just have to experiment to see what works best for you, as well as fits your needs and requirements best.

Chris - the resident forum expert on Lean Gains - will probably add to both comments.

~Rosie~
    Rosie, I think you hit the nail on the head. To be honest if you eat reasonable choices 75% of the time and 25% of the time on LG or any other Intermittent Fasting protocol you are going to improve on your composition. Unless competing or getting ready for a photo shoot or some other reason to have a hard and fast deadline there is no reason to deny yourself to many things within reason. I will have a pint of ice cream today, I do every Saturday and not diet bs either. I am looking better than ever at my current weight and haven't counted calories at all other than tallying them up on occasion after eating just to see how much I had.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. A couple years ago I did an all out dirty bulk and thought I was making great progress until I looked at some vacation pictures and I was like, "Holy crap I'm FAT!" I changed my diet immediately after that and rethought my whole approach to dieting. With a couple exceptions, I have been liking LG diet so far after a few months now on it.
    Yeah it took a picture of me to get me moving again. then the members of my family all started becoming type 2 diabetics or border line so I started learning how to control insulin. The journey has led me to Intermittent Fasting and I feel like I am home. Look at my latest progress pics, pretty damn lean for not counting cals.
    Name:  7-23-11 205.5 6.8%.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  87.2 KB
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Rosie, I think you hit the nail on the head. To be honest if you eat reasonable choices 75% of the time and 25% of the time on LG or any other Intermittent Fasting protocol you are going to improve on your composition. Unless competing or getting ready for a photo shoot or some other reason to have a hard and fast deadline there is no reason to deny yourself to many things within reason. I will have a pint of ice cream today, I do every Saturday and not diet bs either. I am looking better than ever at my current weight and haven't counted calories at all other than tallying them up on occasion after eating just to see how much I had.

Yeah it took a picture of me to get me moving again. then the members of my family all started becoming type 2 diabetics or border line so I started learning how to control insulin. The journey has led me to Intermittent Fasting and I feel like I am home. Look at my latest progress pics, pretty damn lean for not counting cals.
    Name:  7-23-11 205.5 6.8%.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  87.2 KB
    definitely some nice work and pretty lean as well. LG looks to be a very effective method for you. I like what you said about the 75%. You can still make progress but get some other food choices in too and not completely cut off everything you enjoy.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.71%

Chris... Your back and most muscular poses look sick bro, I am so happy for you, you look Awesome (obviously no Homo). I just can't wait to get back to being like that myself, like I said earlier, I just kinda took a break, which spiraled into a long break from the gym, then when I got back to the gym I just didn't feel like dieting at all and probably ate even more bad food, and... Oh well you get the point, but I'm back on track now, You and Doug are great motivation for me! Now I just need Rosie to send me one of her famous inspirational quotes on a daily basis and I'm set, LoL!
    www.finaflex.com
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.98%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Absolutely. Even competing or preparing for a photoshoot, you can continue to eat as "normal" - I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but from personal experience, if you know your body and what you can and cannot get away with, it's very doable. I was 8.3% bodyfat for my photoshoot with Dan Ray a month ago and 8% bodyfat the week after, all without dieting - in saying that, though, if I didn't train, it would not be as easy to do.

Definitely lean, Chris

Chris... Your back and most muscular poses look sick bro, I am so happy for you, you look Awesome (obviously no Homo). I just can't wait to get back to being like that myself, like I said earlier, I just kinda took a break, which spiraled into a long break from the gym, then when I got back to the gym I just didn't feel like dieting at all and probably ate even more bad food, and... Oh well you get the point, but I'm back on track now, You and Doug are great motivation for me! Now I just need Rosie to send me one of her famous inspirational quotes on a daily basis and I'm set, LoL!
    I know what you mean re time off, Al - actually, made some comments on it on Facebook yesterday. Training definitely IS the DIFFERENCE for me! Re quotes, I'll get back to posting in my Fitness Blog soon - for now though, it's likely to be once a week until I have more time. I should start an "Inspire & Motivate" Twitter for this

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Looking incredible Chris. I have to agree with you about eating reasonable 75% of the time and making nice progress along with it. Its pretty much what I've been doing too. Through the week, my diet is generally spot on, but I like to indulge on weekends and enjoy them without a lot of limits with the family. Doing that has not held back progress at all. Having our cake and eating it too!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pictures are awesome! Rock on
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.83%

Great job with the leanness so far.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.14%

ive been trying the alternate day fasting for the past 4 days and its my new favorite. it seems as though i am recomping eating fried chicken on my burn day and papa johns pizza on my build day!

literally, ive eaten half of a large pizza on both burn days and im leaning out!
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    ive been trying the alternate day fasting for the past 4 days and its my new favorite. it seems as though i am recomping eating fried chicken on my burn day and papa johns pizza on my build day!

literally, ive eaten half of a large pizza on both burn days and im leaning out!

Nice!! Good stuff man. Glad its working out great for ya!! How exactly do you have it set up on ADF?
    Recoverbro Elite
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

For those who have not been following my log I just thought I would do a quick update of my progress. I am sub 6% now and I just keep losing, I had to up my calories to slow it down as I was just dropping too fast. I can't believe it I ate 6 cups of ice cream on Saturday a 20 oz. sirloin 14 oz yam, 2 cups of broccoli, a can of tuna on 2 slices of Ezekiel bread and 8 egg whites all within 5 hours!! lol I feel like I am getting away with murder here!! I wake up the next morning and looked outstanding!! I should have no problem hitting 5% 8 weeks out without adjusting diet and with no extra cardio. I am beyond where I haver ever been and I'm having I fuggin Party!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    For those who have not been following my log I just thought I would do a quick update of my progress. I am sub 6% now and I just keep losing, I had to up my calories to slow it down as I was just dropping too fast. I can't believe it I ate 6 cups of ice cream on Saturday a 20 oz. sirloin 14 oz yam, 2 cups of broccoli, a can of tuna on 2 slices of Ezekiel bread and 8 egg whites all within 5 hours!! lol I feel like I am getting away with murder here!! I wake up the next morning and looked outstanding!! I should have no problem hitting 5% 8 weeks out without adjusting diet and with no extra cardio. I am beyond where I haver ever been and I'm having I fuggin Party!!
    comically somehow every time I stuff my face with pizza I wake up 1-2lbs lighter the next morning.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.71%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    comically somehow every time I stuff my face with pizza I wake up 1-2lbs lighter the next morning.
    $hittt... That would never happen for me, I am a NBWR (Natural Born Water Retainer), I already weight anywhere from 7-12 different from when I wake up in the morning til when I go to sleep, if I do anything the night before that has anything to do with sodium... I just balloon up with water, don't get me wrong, it is only water, and it takes about 2-3 days to dry back out, but it is very noticeable both on the scale and in my face (puffy)!
    www.finaflex.com
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

$hittt... That would never happen for me, I am a NBWR (Natural Born Water Retainer), I already weight anywhere from 7-12 different from when I wake up in the morning til when I go to sleep, if I do anything the night before that has anything to do with sodium... I just balloon up with water, don't get me wrong, it is only water, and it takes about 2-3 days to dry back out, but it is very noticeable both on the scale and in my face (puffy)!
    You'd be ok on EPI-V likely fuggin stuff cleans you up pretty good especially when the initial water weight is lost...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

I know my heavier eating weekends are when I seem to lose the most but that's likely cuz it takes some time for changes from heavy eating to show but they never really do on this regime so what you get the next week is just less loss.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.71%

You'd be ok on EPI-V likely fuggin stuff cleans you up pretty good especially when the initial water weight is lost...
    I can agree with that, I mean my whole body & metabolism changes once I have been dieting for a while and especially if I'm taking a product like EPI-V, designed to keep you anabolic (fight catabolism) and also designed to dry you out, I was mainly speaking of my natural, supplement & diet free metabolism and water-retention!
    www.finaflex.com
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

What's up guys...

I'm on my 5th week of LG and need some ideas for pre/post workout meals.

Anyone?????
  19. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Carnicero
    What's up guys...

Anyone?????
    8oz steak, 8oz salmon, a medium potato, a banana with almond butter makes a nice post meal
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

8oz steak, 8oz salmon, a medium potato, a banana with almond butter makes a nice post meal
    seeing these post workout meals makes me wanna workout now....haha
    RecoverBro ELITE
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

That is very nice DW! Very nice indeed!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That is very nice DW! Very nice indeed!!
    Livin the dream, I was just made for this diet, that makes me the biggest caveman lol least evolved metabolicly...
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

Livin the dream, I was just made for this diet, that makes me the biggest caveman lol least evolved metabolicly...
    As I'm sure you can tell from my avi, lean gains has treated me very well too.
    Recoverbro Elite
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    As I'm sure you can tell from my avi, lean gains has treated me very well too.
    Holy crap yah you're looking big and lean when I look at the bigger picture...
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.85%

Where are you guys getting the eziekel bread?
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.4%

I've seen it in the frozen organic section in shoprite

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Last night for my pwo meal, I had 1 lb of beef chuck steak, 3 cups of captain crunch + 1 cup of 2% milk

I'm doing 16/8 as well and my extremely stubborn lower ab fat is finally coming off.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Carnicero View Post
    Last night for my pwo meal, I had 1 lb of beef chuck steak, 3 cups of captain crunch + 1 cup of 2% milk

I'm doing 16/8 as well and my extremely stubborn lower ab fat is finally coming off.
    wow tat sounds soooo good lol
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.63%

Searching through the pages on here... quick question...
    I usually perform 45-60 mins of low intensity cardio on my off days. What is the general consensus on bcaa's before/after fasted low intensity cardio? Necessary?
    Thanks

-my goal is fat loss, btw.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.25%

Good to add, but not necessary.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.71%

Quote Originally Posted by JoshDP View Post
    I usually perform 45-60 mins of low intensity cardio on my off days. What is the general consensus on bcaa's before/after fasted low intensity cardio? Necessary?
    Thanks

I say add, can't hurt, can only help protect that hard earned muscle, not like one extra day/dose of BCAA's is going to break the bank either, go for it!
    www.finaflex.com
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.65%

I say add, can't hurt, can only help protect that hard earned muscle, not like one extra day/dose of BCAA's is going to break the bank either, go for it!
    Agreed.
    :blindfold:
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.25%

Especially if you use AI RecoverPro, great stuff and a great value!
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

That in a nutshell is my attitude with BCAA's....
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Especially if you use AI RecoverPro, great stuff and a great value!
    Exactly 125 servings go a long way...
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

What's up guys...

Anyone?????
    For a pre I would go with an easily digestible source of protein like fish, eggs, or whey protein. Moderate carbs perhaps from fruit. Post - 25-50% of the protein from protein powder for quick absorption, or just some aminos... Then what ever form of protein or food you want with in your macros.

Nice, see here tha salmon is going to get broken down first in this scenario. Fish is relatively easy to digest. This is a great whole food only option. Tilapia might be a better choice for anyone who runs lower fat than he does, but this is an excellent whole food post workout meal with nice macros and healthy fats.

This is also a fine option however I would like to see you use a leaner cut of meat with that capn crunch, lots of sugar there, tons of sugar and saturated fats at the same time can still lead to a little fat storage since saturated fat is already ready for storage. There is not really the same conversion that mono and poly-unsaturated fats have to go through to be stored. Considering the fasting nature I am not sure that it will have as big an effect as it would on a normal diet but I still beleive when a sugary carbohydrate is used with heavy saturated fats it increases the risk for fat storage in any scenario.

Thanks

8-10 grams of Whey protein or aminos 30 minutes prior to the workout will actually increase the amount of fat burned during and after cardio. The link to that study is somewhere in this huge thread. The study actually used whey protein powder, not aminos but someone else on here mentioned they read that aminos worked the same way.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.63%

AI RecoverPro is a BCAA? I've been taking XTend. You guys like AI better?
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.6%

AI RecoverPro is pretty good and can usually be found for a hell of a lot cheaper than XTend. The Lemon tastes like Crystal Lite Lemonade and is pretty soluable compared to some other BCAA formulas
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  39. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by JoshDP
    Tastes better and is cheaper, bi-winning! Pm me your real name and address and I'll get samples sent out to you to try.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.25%

Yes! 4:1:1 BCAA, 125 servings for $30-40. Tastes great, extra leucine, all around great.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements