90% of the stuff on this site is BS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    532
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.29%

    90% of the stuff on this site is BS


    I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

    I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

    During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

    Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

    Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

    Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.

  2. Senior Member
    freezito's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    26192
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    too each their own
  3. Advanced Member
    specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    7223
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    25.91%

    How do you think people get educated on these subjects? The find some place and read and ask questions.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I love obsessing about this stuff, lol

    I love training.

    I love supplements.

    I love living the bodybuilding life style.

    Glad you found your passion.

  5. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5917
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I love obsessing about this stuff, lol

    I love training.

    I love supplements.

    I love living the bodybuilding life style.

    Glad you found your passion.
    exactly this....word for word.
  6. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh and I also love eating 6-8 healthy hearty meals a day I just wish I was a better cook! Maybe you can start a thread, chef?

  7. New Member
    spimp187's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    105
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

    90% BS? What is your source? Please post a study or its just broscience. How do you know its not 80%?

    (not srs)
  8. Senior Member
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    2249
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I agree.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  9. Senior Member
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    2249
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    btw, thank you for saying 'greek sculptures' and 'our grandparents'.


    NOT, '' Ug the caveman''
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  10. New Member
    CoorsLight126's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  237 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

    It takes me to a place where race doesn't matter, a place I can escape to and not worry about the ****ed up economy, who got murdered on the 11:00 News, or how ****ty the world is and how greedy people are. It takes me back to watching Conan with my Dad, playing with my He-man toys thinking "Damn look at those arms on He-man!!" It takes me into the comic books and I'm the real life superhero. It keeps me in a place I can always dream big, and always be the kid in my basement with the boombox trying to get some muscles, not worried all the time about bills and relationship problems. I dont give a **** about Regis and Kelly, CSI, or showing off my cool new cell phone or car. I wont sit on the sidelines and just watch my son play, I'll play the game with him. I'll never be boring and old like everybody else, because I'll never lose that kid who was 10 yrs old wanting to be somebody. Thats why I obsess over it
  11. New Member
    jlinteris's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    81.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

    I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

    During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

    Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

    Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

    Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
    I agree to some extent, but to only some extent. This site is about educating yourself on what works and what doesnt. Rather than research the crap out of every little topic there are people that have already went through the trial and error and are more than happy to share the info that they have put a lot of time into with you. I have learned a ****load and I have only been on this site for 6-8 weeks.
    It is completely to each their own. You saying "why do people care" and "that is no way to live" when talking about a sport/hobby people like is like me saying "culinary class. pffft!! why would you want to do that!!? That isn't a good career." you chose do do it because it grabbed your interest and I am guessing you enjoy it. That is what it is all about. YOU ENJOY IT. Others enjoy educating themselves with what works in relation to lifting/dieting.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!
  12. New Member
    airvine91's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    btw, thank you for saying 'greek sculptures' and 'our grandparents'.


    NOT, '' Ug the caveman''
    In my "grandparents" time there were no BIG and sculpted guys in the population. Nobody was so well off that they could just train and eat ridiculous amounts of food. Cigarettes were still being endorsed by doctors, agriculture was still being industrialized, convenience and sugar laden foods still existed, and they thought guys like Charles Atlas looked impressive. Look at sports professionals of their time, they look nothing like todays do. Maybe pre WWII people lived healthier, because there was not yet such a commercialization of our food supply. Things were more natural from the earth. Milk was still mostly consumed unpasteurized and was healing to consume, veges bought market fresh locally produced in season. Infectious disease was higher then but chronic disease nothing like we have today, that argument you can make, but todays athletes far outshine that of any other era.

    And I don't buy that nonsense about guys in greek times being ripped and built either. They are just sculptures of an ideal, not the average greek man.
  13. Senior Member
    soontobbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    2249
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by airvine91 View Post
    In my "grandparents" time there were no BIG and sculpted guys in the population. Nobody was so well off that they could just train and eat ridiculous amounts of food. Cigarettes were still being endorsed by doctors, agriculture was still being industrialized, convenience and sugar laden foods still existed, and they thought guys like Charles Atlas looked impressive. Look at sports professionals of their time, they look nothing like todays do. Maybe pre WWII people lived healthier, because there was not yet such a commercialization of our food supply. Things were more natural from the earth. Milk was still mostly consumed unpasteurized and was healing to consume, veges bought market fresh locally produced in season. Infectious disease was higher then but chronic disease nothing like we have today, that argument you can make, but todays athletes far outshine that of any other era.

    And I don't buy that nonsense about guys in greek times being ripped and built either. They are just sculptures of an ideal, not the average greek man.

    I have to disagree. My dad wasnt from a well off family. He was the first to go to college. His parents did grow tons of food. He worked in the yard. He worked on an oil rig between semesters to pay for school. Thats where alot of his strength and physique came from.

    he is 5'5'' or maybe 5'4''. in college he weighed 130lbs pure muscle and benched 315 studying to be a petroleum engineer. He is still more muscular now than I am and hes 68.

    There was none of this whey protein and Pre workout drinks and ****.

    btw, the only reason i mentioned the greek sculptures and grand parents was because i was making a joke about all of these 'Tards always talking about what the caveman did and how evolution did this and that.


    oh and by the way, the professional roided out bodybuilders of today look like complete **** compared to the bodybuilders of the 70s. Back then it was about proportions and making the physique look awesome and sculpted. Not a bunch of people trying to get the biggest as possible. They all look like Bane from batman. Bloated and sloppy.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  14. New Member
    airvine91's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    I have to disagree. My dad wasnt from a well off family. He was the first to go to college. His parents did grow tons of food. He worked in the yard. He worked on an oil rig between semesters to pay for school. Thats where alot of his strength and physique came from.

    he is 5'5'' or maybe 5'4''. in college he weighed 130lbs pure muscle and benched 315 studying to be a petroleum engineer. He is still more muscular now than I am and hes 68.

    There was none of this whey protein and Pre workout drinks and ****.

    btw, the only reason i mentioned the greek sculptures and grand parents was because i was making a joke about all of these 'Tards always talking about what the caveman did and how evolution did this and that.


    oh and by the way, the professional roided out bodybuilders of today look like complete **** compared to the bodybuilders of the 70s. Back then it was about proportions and making the physique look awesome and sculpted. Not a bunch of people trying to get the biggest as possible. They all look like Bane from batman. Bloated and sloppy.
    Yeah, true on all counts. Guess it's late and im typing stuff on a screen. but Bob Paris vs sayy Jay Cutler?... Yeah, they definitely were more proportionate and aesthetic then.

    I really think the food quality and lack of chemicals in the food in our grandparents time made a big difference in physiques then. That and more active lifestyles and a good sleep pattern undisturbed by computer screens like I'm at right now . And who says 16ozs of organic or even better "unpasteurized" milk isn't a great post workout shake? Sometimes I do that instead of whey protein. That's what my dad did after his lifts.

    But lol about the cavemans. I still laugh when people say cavemen evolved the myostatin gene to prevent themselves from becoming overly muscle bound which would have prevented them from running away from beast and dinosaurs. I hear that one all too often.
  15. Advanced Member
    jtterrible's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    474
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    27.35%

    70% of statistics are made up
  16. New Member
    gus.medrano's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    109
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

    90% of the stuff on this site is user experience, I wouldnt call it BS

    Everything/most everything on here is from what users have experienced. Different things work for different people.

    Doesn't necessarily mean its going to work for you. Just what worked for them.

    If you want to follow the advice, go for it.

    If not, on to the next one.

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
  17. Advanced Member
    specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    7223
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    25.91%

    Well, there are forums where some people obsess about their cars. And, we all know for a fact that could not happen if the aforementioned cavemen had not invented the wheel.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  18. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,945
    Rep Power
    122739
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
    Only the statue of Hercules would live up to my expectations of what I want to look like. Do you even look at greek sculptures? A lot of them are lithe like depications of Apollo.
    Celtic Labs Rep
  19. Senior Member
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Rep Power
    1318
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    70.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gus.medrano View Post
    90% of the stuff on this site is user experience, I wouldnt call it BS

    Everything/most everything on here is from what users have experienced. Different things work for different people.

    Doesn't necessarily mean its going to work for you. Just what worked for them.

    If you want to follow the advice, go for it.

    If not, on to the next one.

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Ooh...Quite frankly, I don't think 90% is user experience. I'd say a good amount of guys here haven't even used compounds that they're recommending to others. They just read something online and repeat it verbatim. Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste.

    Sorry to step on some toes but if someone gets offended by my comment, they're probably one of them.
  20. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,945
    Rep Power
    122739
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    99.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Ooh...Quite frankly, I don't think 90% is user experience. I'd say a good amount of guys here haven't even used compounds that they're recommending to others. They just read something online and repeat it verbatim. Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste.

    Sorry to step on some toes but if someone gets offended by my comment, they're probably one of them.
    Doesn't even apply to only compounds. Training, dieting and all sorts of other info is passed around like a whore... and no one even knows who brought her to the party lol
    Celtic Labs Rep
  21. New Member
    rankbull's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    241
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    98.81%

    When I first joined this site, I gained 15 pounds of raw muscle in about 2-3 months. I don't think I could've done that at culinary school...
  22. New Member
    tubbednova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    518
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    93.36%

    When i try to help someone may it be with a supplement or food or training i give the facts that true and what worked for me.Now everybody responds differently to food.supps.ect.. and i research everything before i use or try and don't take info from just one source i narrow it down and try.Its the only way to see if it works for me.Take the good with the bad!As for the no way to live comm. it beats being in a bar or crackhouse for me!!!(been sober for 3plus yrs. and owe it to the lord and my new obbession FITNESS!!!)
  23. Senior Member
    urbanski's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    1508
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    5.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    go do some floor sweepers so you can look like that greek dude....i'll be over there moving real weight
  24. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rankbull View Post
    When I first joined this site, I gained 15 pounds of raw muscle in about 2-3 months. I don't think I could've done that at culinary school...
    Yeaaaaaaah buddy!!!

  25. New Member
    tubbednova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    518
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    93.36%

    Also if it weren't for the male anti-aging site i would of never known that i had a thyroid problem and low test at the time (thanks mr.Matrix)even though it cost me $2500 (no ins.)im doing better.Stupid overtraining! But with the help from everyone here im getting in great shape!Just sucks that the weight i was lifting before my time off went down alot.Starting fresh and using all the wisdom i picked up from you's to get it right this time.Rome wasn't built in a day!!!LOL!
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,205
    Rep Power
    945905
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.2%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    It's usually the inexperienced that overthink every aspect. To paraphrase Wendler, you can give someone a routine that covers 90% of their program, but they'll always obsess over that last 10%.

    Plus, there is a huge ambiguity on "good, clean food." What is healthy to one person may be garbage to the next person.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. New Member
    gus.medrano's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    109
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    32.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by kanakafarian View Post
    Ooh...Quite frankly, I don't think 90% is user experience. I'd say a good amount of guys here haven't even used compounds that they're recommending to others. They just read something online and repeat it verbatim. Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste.

    Sorry to step on some toes but if someone gets offended by my comment, they're probably one of them.
    75%? Lol

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
  28. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297849
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    42.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

    1. I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

    During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

    2. Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

    Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.
    3.
    Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.

    You make some good points, I'll put numbers by the and add my comments below.

    1. I think you are on to something, and we can expand on this. There is a term called big-orexia (or muscular dysmorphy). In this condition you have a unreal view of your own muscularity. Much like an anorexic thinks he/she is still over weight, someone who has this condition thinks they are small when they really are not.

    Its not the same as someone in competition assessing their physique and saying: "I need to gain 15 pounds and increase the size of my thighs by 1.5 inches to compete against Mr XYZ this summer". You still understand that you are well built, and that people view you as well built.

    Which I think may reflect a good many of us on this site.

    What it is, is: being well built, looking at yourself in the mirror, and thinking "I'm so small, he's bigger, that guys bigger" and it effects your view of self worth. You do not view yourself as well built or muscular, and you think people view you as small.


    The prior is healthy, its competitive, and its realistic.

    The latter is what we see in many young men, and its not healthy, its sociopathically obsessive, and it can lead to many destructive activities.

    Its one thing to use supplements and expect to see results. That's fine.
    Its another thing to use supplements, attribute all your success to a supplement, and expect to lose everything and more when stopping it. This is not healthy. This is a mental addiction to a compound.

    Unfortunately, muscle dysmorphia effects a lot of young men (ages 10-20), just like anorexia effects a lot of young women in the same age. And, it can lead to more dangerous, risky activities.
    It can lead to prolonged, compulsive steroid use.
    It can lead to a loss of desire to be social: reduced dating, loss of freinds, loss of interest in school/work, etc.

    That said, when we talk about muscle dysmorphia and that obsession to train, eat, etc., we need to separate the healthy/competitive version from the pathological version. Unfortunately, this is not something that is done regularly by the media or school psychologists/social workers.


    2. Again, this kind of goes back to the first group of comments.

    Obsessing over food year round is pathological. If everything you think about is: What am I going to eat at this time? And, even worse, if you worry about what you will eat at what time, especially when you are out of your normal daily activities (ie: a high schooler on a field trip) Thats pathological.

    If, however, you are in season preparing for an event or competition, and you have a plan set in place...that's not pathological.
    However, this activity can often carry over beyond the competition, and result in a pathological obsession. This is something that most bodybuilders need to monitor. The offseason is the offseason. Its a time to enjoy the amenities of life a little more, and let the body and mind recover from a contest.

    And, since bodybuilding is an extreme sport (psychologically), its not uncommon to take things to the extreme. Is fruit sugar bad? Not if you are getting it from a fruit and eating less than 50g per day (an apple a day keeps the doctor away, 6 apples a day...not so good).

    Alcohol is more of a luxury item. It really does not offer much in the way of nutrition, except empty calories and some antioxidants in stouts or red wines. A drink or 2 is not going to hurt gains in the average fitness enthusiasts, and one drink is actually beneficial.

    3. I will say one thing, after reviewing the diets of probably close to a thousand bodybuilders, I notice one major deficit. Variety! There is no intra-meal variety nor day to day variety. Varying your food sources (protein, carbs, fats, veggies and fruits) on a daily (or intra-meal) basis will ensure a good intake of micro-nutrients.

    Lastly, (and I grant you good physiques) even the ancient greeks used supplements. Granted it wasn't NO2 (useless), but they did eat bull testicles and various herbs with the hope of enhancing performance. The majority of the city-states were actually quite obsessive societies.

    Br
  29. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.87%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Veteran

    50 second mark



    But in all seriousness, it's a personal thing. I agree with what a lot of people have said, particularly SC. I've taken time away where I haven't focused as much and you know what? I missed it.

    We all have certain things we strive for and certain ways we're genetically wired. I was a chubby kid when I was in junior high. I loved touching my first weight in high school and the power that it gave me. I love the way that I can choose to make my body look. The more I've learned, the more I've even cut down on spending on supplements (how about that? ).

    At the end of the day, just like virtually everything else, it's going to come down to what do I want to do? So, your opinion is valid, but don't come in and say that essentially everything (lol @ 90%, btw) on here is BS, when in fact, you just disagree with it (which is fine!).

    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  30. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    50 second mark



    But in all seriousness, it's a personal thing. I agree with what a lot of people have said, particularly SC. I've taken time away where I haven't focused as much and you know what? I missed it.

    We all have certain things we strive for and certain ways we're genetically wired. I was a chubby kid when I was in junior high. I loved touching my first weight in high school and the power that it gave me. I love the way that I can choose to make my body look. The more I've learned, the more I've even cut down on spending on supplements (how about that? ).

    At the end of the day, just like virtually everything else, it's going to come down to what do I want to do? So, your opinion is valid, but don't come in and say that essentially everything (lol @ 90%, btw) on here is BS, when in fact, you just disagree with it (which is fine!).


  31. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    388
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    10.19%

    I can agree most supps are not necessary, but they are convenient for a busy lifestyle to assure you get what you need daily. That may look like a cop out, but really it isn't. An example of how to see supps aren't necessarily that is probably better then your greek sculpture reference would be people in Jail. They have no supps and many of them are the biggest/strongest folks you would meet in the real world...one thing they have on their side is a lot of free time and honestly they cannot even eat "clean" .

    I agree on many points you made but to say 90% of what you can take away from this site is BS...well that in and of itself is a BS statement IMO. Yes there is a lot of hype for products, but if one does the research and makes an informed decision using sources outside of the site than they are taking the right steps to hopefully yield the results they are looking for.

    I enjoyed your post/rant.
    Last edited by Rebel29073; 03-29-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: correction
  32. Advanced Member
    specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    7223
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    25.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    . An example of how to see supps aren't necessarily that is probably better then your greek sculpture reference would be people in Jail. They have no supps and many of them are the biggest/strongest folks you would meet in the real world...one thing they have on their side is a lot of free time and honestly they cannot even eat "clean" .
    What makes you think guys in prison don't have supps???
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  33. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I worked in a jail for awhile. They weren't that big, lol

    Remember Craig Titus?

  34. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,842
    Rep Power
    768803
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I think that most of the guys who spend time obessing on minute details probably generate enough cortisol from obsessing to negate the 2-5% better gains they get from getting perfectly timed intake of everything.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  35. Senior Member
    capnsavem's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Rep Power
    1242
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    19.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I love obsessing about this stuff, lol

    I love training.

    I love supplements.

    I love living the bodybuilding life style.

    Glad you found your passion.
    booyah. if you love it, do it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,920
    Rep Power
    2459711
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    59.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I love obsessing about this stuff, lol

    I love training.

    I love supplements.

    I love living the bodybuilding life style.

    Glad you found your passion.
    Couldn't have said it any better

    This is simply my passion. I enjoy reading about peoples experiences with various diet, training, and supplementation and then trying to figure out how it all works together and the various effects it has on our body. The people on the site are great! Supportive and some very well informed people, just all around a great community to be involved in if this is your passion.

    If cooking is your passion then that's great! I'm glad you found something that you enjoy, but since you don't have a passion for or don't enjoy learning about supplementation or various diet tactics don't come trash us.

    I'm sure there is a culinary forum somewhere, join up and stress over what sauce to make with what meat and pair with what wine.

    Quote Originally Posted by spimp187 View Post
    90% BS? What is your source? Please post a study or its just broscience. How do you know its not 80%?

    (not srs)



    Reps bro that was an epic response !!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  37. New Member
    jlinteris's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    81.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Couldn't have said it any better

    This is simply my passion. I enjoy reading about peoples experiences with various diet, training, and supplementation and then trying to figure out how it all works together and the various effects it has on our body. The people on the site are great! Supportive and some very well informed people, just all around a great community to be involved in if this is your passion.

    If cooking is your passion then that's great! I'm glad you found something that you enjoy, but since you don't have a passion for or don't enjoy learning about supplementation or various diet tactics don't come trash us.

    I'm sure there is a culinary forum somewhere, join up and stress over what sauce to make with what meat and pair with what wine.






    Reps bro that was an epic response !!
    At 5'11 and 165 pounds I am thinking he should add a little more meat into his sauces.
    I will sleep with you AND your pet for 50 bucks!
  38. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    388
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    10.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    What makes you think guys in prison don't have supps???
    They have different kinds of supps my friend.
  39. Advanced Member
    specmike's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    699
    Rep Power
    7223
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    25.91%

    Quote Originally Posted by jlinteris View Post
    At 5'11 and 165 pounds I am thinking he should add a little more meat into his sauces.
    Oddly enough, my wife said the same thing to me recently.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  40. Senior Member
    Harry Manback's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,203
    Rep Power
    737
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    99.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Gear and food make supplements obsolete.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. OLD STUFF: 4ad and 1T....need HELP!
    By srx600 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
  2. Injection site site.
    By pistonpump in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
  3. Bodyfat help (7 site or 3 site method?)
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
  4. ...........stuff.......
    By nostawk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in