90% of the stuff on this site is BS

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been on this site in about 2 years.

I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
How do you think people get educated on these subjects? The find some place and read and ask questions.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh and I also love eating 6-8 healthy hearty meals a day :) I just wish I was a better cook! Maybe you can start a thread, chef?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I agree.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
btw, thank you for saying 'greek sculptures' and 'our grandparents'.

NOT, '' Ug the caveman''

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
It takes me to a place where race doesn't matter, a place I can escape to and not worry about the ****ed up economy, who got murdered on the 11:00 News, or how ****ty the world is and how greedy people are. It takes me back to watching Conan with my Dad, playing with my He-man toys thinking "Damn look at those arms on He-man!!" It takes me into the comic books and I'm the real life superhero. It keeps me in a place I can always dream big, and always be the kid in my basement with the boombox trying to get some muscles, not worried all the time about bills and relationship problems. I dont give a **** about Regis and Kelly, CSI, or showing off my cool new cell phone or car. I wont sit on the sidelines and just watch my son play, I'll play the game with him. I'll never be boring and old like everybody else, because I'll never lose that kid who was 10 yrs old wanting to be somebody. Thats why I obsess over it

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards

I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

During the past 2 years, I attended culinary school and recently graduated. I of course learned how to cook some great meals. Combining my new knowledge of food and what I used to do, I have some thoughts:

Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

Just eat good, clean food. Focus on animals that are raised and fed well. Make sure you eat lots of fruits and veggies. Just live your life. Eat food your grandparents could have eaten as kids and you'll be fine. Eat real food.

Look at sculptures of ancient Greeks. Do you think they were taking their whey and NO2 religiously? No. They ate good food and were active. Simple.
I agree to some extent, but to only some extent. This site is about educating yourself on what works and what doesnt. Rather than research the crap out of every little topic there are people that have already went through the trial and error and are more than happy to share the info that they have put a lot of time into with you. I have learned a ****load and I have only been on this site for 6-8 weeks.
It is completely to each their own. You saying "why do people care" and "that is no way to live" when talking about a sport/hobby people like is like me saying "culinary class. pffft!! why would you want to do that!!? That isn't a good career." you chose do do it because it grabbed your interest and I am guessing you enjoy it. That is what it is all about. YOU ENJOY IT. Others enjoy educating themselves with what works in relation to lifting/dieting.

airvine91

Awards
btw, thank you for saying 'greek sculptures' and 'our grandparents'.

NOT, '' Ug the caveman''
In my "grandparents" time there were no BIG and sculpted guys in the population. Nobody was so well off that they could just train and eat ridiculous amounts of food. Cigarettes were still being endorsed by doctors, agriculture was still being industrialized, convenience and sugar laden foods still existed, and they thought guys like Charles Atlas looked impressive. Look at sports professionals of their time, they look nothing like todays do. Maybe pre WWII people lived healthier, because there was not yet such a commercialization of our food supply. Things were more natural from the earth. Milk was still mostly consumed unpasteurized and was healing to consume, veges bought market fresh locally produced in season. Infectious disease was higher then but chronic disease nothing like we have today, that argument you can make, but todays athletes far outshine that of any other era.

And I don't buy that nonsense about guys in greek times being ripped and built either. They are just sculptures of an ideal, not the average greek man.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
In my "grandparents" time there were no BIG and sculpted guys in the population. Nobody was so well off that they could just train and eat ridiculous amounts of food. Cigarettes were still being endorsed by doctors, agriculture was still being industrialized, convenience and sugar laden foods still existed, and they thought guys like Charles Atlas looked impressive. Look at sports professionals of their time, they look nothing like todays do. Maybe pre WWII people lived healthier, because there was not yet such a commercialization of our food supply. Things were more natural from the earth. Milk was still mostly consumed unpasteurized and was healing to consume, veges bought market fresh locally produced in season. Infectious disease was higher then but chronic disease nothing like we have today, that argument you can make, but todays athletes far outshine that of any other era.

And I don't buy that nonsense about guys in greek times being ripped and built either. They are just sculptures of an ideal, not the average greek man.

I have to disagree. My dad wasnt from a well off family. He was the first to go to college. His parents did grow tons of food. He worked in the yard. He worked on an oil rig between semesters to pay for school. Thats where alot of his strength and physique came from.

he is 5'5'' or maybe 5'4''. in college he weighed 130lbs pure muscle and benched 315 studying to be a petroleum engineer. He is still more muscular now than I am and hes 68.

There was none of this whey protein and Pre workout drinks and ****.

btw, the only reason i mentioned the greek sculptures and grand parents was because i was making a joke about all of these 'Tards always talking about what the caveman did and how evolution did this and that.

oh and by the way, the professional roided out bodybuilders of today look like complete **** compared to the bodybuilders of the 70s. Back then it was about proportions and making the physique look awesome and sculpted. Not a bunch of people trying to get the biggest as possible. They all look like Bane from batman. Bloated and sloppy.

airvine91

Awards
I have to disagree. My dad wasnt from a well off family. He was the first to go to college. His parents did grow tons of food. He worked in the yard. He worked on an oil rig between semesters to pay for school. Thats where alot of his strength and physique came from.

he is 5'5'' or maybe 5'4''. in college he weighed 130lbs pure muscle and benched 315 studying to be a petroleum engineer. He is still more muscular now than I am and hes 68.

There was none of this whey protein and Pre workout drinks and ****.

btw, the only reason i mentioned the greek sculptures and grand parents was because i was making a joke about all of these 'Tards always talking about what the caveman did and how evolution did this and that.

oh and by the way, the professional roided out bodybuilders of today look like complete **** compared to the bodybuilders of the 70s. Back then it was about proportions and making the physique look awesome and sculpted. Not a bunch of people trying to get the biggest as possible. They all look like Bane from batman. Bloated and sloppy.
Yeah, true on all counts. Guess it's late and im typing stuff on a screen. but Bob Paris vs sayy Jay Cutler?... Yeah, they definitely were more proportionate and aesthetic then.

I really think the food quality and lack of chemicals in the food in our grandparents time made a big difference in physiques then. That and more active lifestyles and a good sleep pattern undisturbed by computer screens like I'm at right now :p. And who says 16ozs of organic or even better "unpasteurized" milk isn't a great post workout shake? Sometimes I do that instead of whey protein. That's what my dad did after his lifts.

But lol about the cavemans. I still laugh when people say cavemen evolved the myostatin gene to prevent themselves from becoming overly muscle bound which would have prevented them from running away from beast and dinosaurs. I hear that one all too often.

gus.medrano

Awards
90% of the stuff on this site is user experience, I wouldnt call it BS

Everything/most everything on here is from what users have experienced. Different things work for different people.

Doesn't necessarily mean its going to work for you. Just what worked for them.

If you want to follow the advice, go for it.

If not, on to the next one.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Well, there are forums where some people obsess about their cars. And, we all know for a fact that could not happen if the aforementioned cavemen had not invented the wheel. :rasp:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only the statue of Hercules would live up to my expectations of what I want to look like. Do you even look at greek sculptures? A lot of them are lithe like depications of Apollo.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
90% of the stuff on this site is user experience, I wouldnt call it BS

Everything/most everything on here is from what users have experienced. Different things work for different people.

Doesn't necessarily mean its going to work for you. Just what worked for them.

If you want to follow the advice, go for it.

If not, on to the next one.

Ooh...Quite frankly, I don't think 90% is user experience. I'd say a good amount of guys here haven't even used compounds that they're recommending to others. They just read something online and repeat it verbatim. Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste. :ponder:

Sorry to step on some toes but if someone gets offended by my comment, they're probably one of them.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ooh...Quite frankly, I don't think 90% is user experience. I'd say a good amount of guys here haven't even used compounds that they're recommending to others. They just read something online and repeat it verbatim. Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste. :ponder:

Sorry to step on some toes but if someone gets offended by my comment, they're probably one of them.
Doesn't even apply to only compounds. Training, dieting and all sorts of other info is passed around like a whore... and no one even knows who brought her to the party lol

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
When I first joined this site, I gained 15 pounds of raw muscle in about 2-3 months. I don't think I could've done that at culinary school...

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
When i try to help someone may it be with a supplement or food or training i give the facts that true and what worked for me.Now everybody responds differently to food.supps.ect.. and i research everything before i use or try and don't take info from just one source i narrow it down and try.Its the only way to see if it works for me.Take the good with the bad!As for the no way to live comm. it beats being in a bar or crackhouse for me!!!(been sober for 3plus yrs. and owe it to the lord and my new obbession FITNESS!!!)

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
go do some floor sweepers so you can look like that greek dude....i'll be over there moving real weight

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Also if it weren't for the male anti-aging site i would of never known that i had a thyroid problem and low test at the time (thanks mr.Matrix)even though it cost me $2500 (no ins.)im doing better.Stupid overtraining!:damnit: But with the help from everyone here im getting in great shape!Just sucks that the weight i was lifting before my time off went down alot.Starting fresh and using all the wisdom i picked up from you's to get it right this time.Rome wasn't built in a day!!!LOL!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's usually the inexperienced that overthink every aspect. To paraphrase Wendler, you can give someone a routine that covers 90% of their program, but they'll always obsess over that last 10%.

Plus, there is a huge ambiguity on "good, clean food." What is healthy to one person may be garbage to the next person.

gus.medrano

Awards

75%? Lol

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

1. I used to be big into weight lifting. I obsessed about my diet and supplements. I remember spending hundreds each month on supplements. I was in great shape but let's be real, that is no way to live.

2. Why do people obsess about this crap? Is fruit sugar bad? Casein protein? Must drink protein shake within 10 minutes of workout. I can't have 1 beer cause it'll ruin my gains. WTF

You make some good points, I'll put numbers by the and add my comments below.

1. I think you are on to something, and we can expand on this. There is a term called big-orexia (or muscular dysmorphy). In this condition you have a unreal view of your own muscularity. Much like an anorexic thinks he/she is still over weight, someone who has this condition thinks they are small when they really are not.

Its not the same as someone in competition assessing their physique and saying: "I need to gain 15 pounds and increase the size of my thighs by 1.5 inches to compete against Mr XYZ this summer". You still understand that you are well built, and that people view you as well built.

Which I think may reflect a good many of us on this site.

What it is, is: being well built, looking at yourself in the mirror, and thinking "I'm so small, he's bigger, that guys bigger" and it effects your view of self worth. You do not view yourself as well built or muscular, and you think people view you as small.

The prior is healthy, its competitive, and its realistic.

The latter is what we see in many young men, and its not healthy, its sociopathically obsessive, and it can lead to many destructive activities.

Its one thing to use supplements and expect to see results. That's fine.
Its another thing to use supplements, attribute all your success to a supplement, and expect to lose everything and more when stopping it. This is not healthy. This is a mental addiction to a compound.

Unfortunately, muscle dysmorphia effects a lot of young men (ages 10-20), just like anorexia effects a lot of young women in the same age. And, it can lead to more dangerous, risky activities.
It can lead to prolonged, compulsive steroid use.
It can lead to a loss of desire to be social: reduced dating, loss of freinds, loss of interest in school/work, etc.

That said, when we talk about muscle dysmorphia and that obsession to train, eat, etc., we need to separate the healthy/competitive version from the pathological version. Unfortunately, this is not something that is done regularly by the media or school psychologists/social workers.

2. Again, this kind of goes back to the first group of comments.

Obsessing over food year round is pathological. If everything you think about is: What am I going to eat at this time? And, even worse, if you worry about what you will eat at what time, especially when you are out of your normal daily activities (ie: a high schooler on a field trip) Thats pathological.

If, however, you are in season preparing for an event or competition, and you have a plan set in place...that's not pathological.
However, this activity can often carry over beyond the competition, and result in a pathological obsession. This is something that most bodybuilders need to monitor. The offseason is the offseason. Its a time to enjoy the amenities of life a little more, and let the body and mind recover from a contest.

And, since bodybuilding is an extreme sport (psychologically), its not uncommon to take things to the extreme. Is fruit sugar bad? Not if you are getting it from a fruit and eating less than 50g per day (an apple a day keeps the doctor away, 6 apples a day...not so good).

Alcohol is more of a luxury item. It really does not offer much in the way of nutrition, except empty calories and some antioxidants in stouts or red wines. A drink or 2 is not going to hurt gains in the average fitness enthusiasts, and one drink is actually beneficial.

3. I will say one thing, after reviewing the diets of probably close to a thousand bodybuilders, I notice one major deficit. Variety! There is no intra-meal variety nor day to day variety. Varying your food sources (protein, carbs, fats, veggies and fruits) on a daily (or intra-meal) basis will ensure a good intake of micro-nutrients.

Lastly, (and I grant you good physiques) even the ancient greeks used supplements. Granted it wasn't NO2 (useless), but they did eat bull testicles and various herbs with the hope of enhancing performance. The majority of the city-states were actually quite obsessive societies.

Br

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
50 second mark

But in all seriousness, it's a personal thing. I agree with what a lot of people have said, particularly SC. I've taken time away where I haven't focused as much and you know what? I missed it.

We all have certain things we strive for and certain ways we're genetically wired. I was a chubby kid when I was in junior high. I loved touching my first weight in high school and the power that it gave me. I love the way that I can choose to make my body look. The more I've learned, the more I've even cut down on spending on supplements (how about that? :cool2: ).

At the end of the day, just like virtually everything else, it's going to come down to what do I want to do? So, your opinion is valid, but don't come in and say that essentially everything (lol @ 90%, btw) on here is BS, when in fact, you just disagree with it (which is fine!).

:usa:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
50 second mark

But in all seriousness, it's a personal thing. I agree with what a lot of people have said, particularly SC. I've taken time away where I haven't focused as much and you know what? I missed it.

We all have certain things we strive for and certain ways we're genetically wired. I was a chubby kid when I was in junior high. I loved touching my first weight in high school and the power that it gave me. I love the way that I can choose to make my body look. The more I've learned, the more I've even cut down on spending on supplements (how about that? :cool2: ).

At the end of the day, just like virtually everything else, it's going to come down to what do I want to do? So, your opinion is valid, but don't come in and say that essentially everything (lol @ 90%, btw) on here is BS, when in fact, you just disagree with it (which is fine!).

:usa:
:unitedstates:

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I can agree most supps are not necessary, but they are convenient for a busy lifestyle to assure you get what you need daily. That may look like a cop out, but really it isn't. An example of how to see supps aren't necessarily that is probably better then your greek sculpture reference would be people in Jail. They have no supps and many of them are the biggest/strongest folks you would meet in the real world...one thing they have on their side is a lot of free time and honestly they cannot even eat "clean" .

I agree on many points you made but to say 90% of what you can take away from this site is BS...well that in and of itself is a BS statement IMO. Yes there is a lot of hype for products, but if one does the research and makes an informed decision using sources outside of the site than they are taking the right steps to hopefully yield the results they are looking for.

I enjoyed your post/rant.

Last edited:
specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
. An example of how to see supps aren't necessarily that is probably better then your greek sculpture reference would be people in Jail. They have no supps and many of them are the biggest/strongest folks you would meet in the real world...one thing they have on their side is a lot of free time and honestly they cannot even eat "clean" .
What makes you think guys in prison don't have supps???

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that most of the guys who spend time obessing on minute details probably generate enough cortisol from obsessing to negate the 2-5% better gains they get from getting perfectly timed intake of everything.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love obsessing about this stuff, lol

I love training.

I love supplements.

I love living the bodybuilding life style.

Glad you found your passion.
Couldn't have said it any better :thumbsup:

This is simply my passion. I enjoy reading about peoples experiences with various diet, training, and supplementation and then trying to figure out how it all works together and the various effects it has on our body. The people on the site are great! Supportive and some very well informed people, just all around a great community to be involved in if this is your passion.

If cooking is your passion then that's great! I'm glad you found something that you enjoy, but since you don't have a passion for or don't enjoy learning about supplementation or various diet tactics don't come trash us.

I'm sure there is a culinary forum somewhere, join up and stress over what sauce to make with what meat and pair with what wine. :food:

90% BS? What is your source? Please post a study or its just broscience. How do you know its not 80%?

(not srs)
:toofunny:

Reps bro that was an epic response !!

jlinteris

jlinteris

Awards
Couldn't have said it any better :thumbsup:

This is simply my passion. I enjoy reading about peoples experiences with various diet, training, and supplementation and then trying to figure out how it all works together and the various effects it has on our body. The people on the site are great! Supportive and some very well informed people, just all around a great community to be involved in if this is your passion.

If cooking is your passion then that's great! I'm glad you found something that you enjoy, but since you don't have a passion for or don't enjoy learning about supplementation or various diet tactics don't come trash us.

I'm sure there is a culinary forum somewhere, join up and stress over what sauce to make with what meat and pair with what wine. :food:

:toofunny:

Reps bro that was an epic response !!
At 5'11 and 165 pounds I am thinking he should add a little more meat into his sauces.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
At 5'11 and 165 pounds I am thinking he should add a little more meat into his sauces.
Oddly enough, my wife said the same thing to me recently. :08:

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I worked in a jail for awhile. They weren't that big, lol

Remember Craig Titus?
In the 90's most state prisons started removing their weightlifting equipment due to the general public being of the opinion "The public said they saw inmates going in bad and coming out bigger and badder." States who have or are considering banning lifting ARE Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Wisconsin. The INMATES today are innovative and use body weight methods to get their weight up...I guess if I was locked up I would go stir crazy and want to improve myself any way I could, but I like my freedom's and will never be incarcerated. (never say never eh?)

lol at Craig Titus. Rap sheet is longggggg isn't it.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Gear and food make supplements obsolete.
I wouldn't rule out creatine, joint support, and mebbe some other things for people that want to get every last ounce of benefit out of their workout, athletic performance, etc.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
In the 90's most state prisons started removing their weightlifting equipment due to the general public being of the opinion "The public said they saw inmates going in bad and coming out bigger and badder." States who have or are considering banning lifting ARE Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Wisconsin. The INMATES today are innovative and use body weight methods to get their weight up...I guess if I was locked up I would go stir crazy and want to improve myself any way I could, but I like my freedom's and will never be incarcerated. (never say never eh?)

lol at Craig Titus. Rap sheet is longggggg isn't it.
I would bet money on the fact that if I wanted to buy legit gear that is not counterfeit, an inmate in prison (not a local "jail") could get it just as fast if not faster on the inside than I can. I know some places to go from my LEO experience but, getting a source to trust me, finding a source I trust, finding a guy that is not selling counterfeit junk etc does not happen instantly. Prisons have a crazy black market going on. A lot of those guys are fully on the juice.....and I don't mean they are screwing O.J. :booty:

PS: Craig Titus is world class moron.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't rule out creatine, joint support, and mebbe some other things for people that want to get every last ounce of benefit out of their workout, athletic performance, etc.
Creatine = eat more beef. Joint support = inject more nadrolone.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
I would bet money on the fact that if I wanted to buy legit gear that is not counterfeit, an inmate in prison (not a local "jail") could get it just as fast if not faster on the inside than I can. I know some places to go from my LEO experience but, getting a source to trust me, finding a source I trust, finding a guy that is not selling counterfeit junk etc does not happen instantly. Prisons have a crazy black market going on. A lot of those guys are fully on the juice.....and I don't mean they are screwing O.J. :booty:

I have a feeling the inmates in a small North American town will soon be using Taurus supplements.:popworm:

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards

I personally don't consider "gear" a supplement..a supplement to me is something legal and over the counter, but I may just be splitting hairs. I dont think prisoners are running around with whey shakes, BCAA's, Jak3d, Animal pak, etc...

I would say you are likely correct on the black market stuff and not just for "gear".

I didn't mention CT Staked did so I googled him and LOL'd at all his charges over the years.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I didn't mention CT Staked did so I googled him and LOL'd at all his charges over the years.
LOL....just read up on the events in Titus' murder case with Kelly Whatsername. They bought gasoline cans and a grill lighter at a local store with credit cards :34: Then, they bought gasoline in the car they burned. IIRC, they are on film both in the store and at a gas station doing it. :haha: RETARDS!

Creatine = eat more beef. Joint support = inject more nadrolone.
That works of course but, the human body can only generate so much creatine naturally. Higher levels require supplementation. And, an athlete such as a sprinter or cyclist may not want to eat more beef so a supplemental form of creatine is a great idea if they creatine benefits without adding mass and a heavy meat diet. Although they make NO sense to me, vegetarians can benefit from supplemental creatine. But, I'm a PETA member; People Eating Tasty Animals.

As for nandrolone, I think I'll stick with cissus and joint support formulas. Not everyone wants to PIN, or be involved with illegal sources. So no, I don't think "gear" makes supps obsolete. Gear will very likely give better and faster results but the long term stuff ain't always worth it. Here's a taste of what might happen if you inject more nandrolone.

Side Effects of Nandrolone - for the Consumer
Nandrolone
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Nandrolone:

Ankle swelling; baldness; breast growth; change in skin color; diarrhea; excitement; increase or decrease in sex drive; nausea; sleeplessness; swelling of the feet or ankles; vomiting.

After puberty: bladder irritation; fertility problems; inability to achieve an erection; testicle problems.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Nandrolone:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne, especially in women; behavior or emotional changes; dark urine; deepening of the voice in women; difficulty breathing, especially when lying down; enlarged sex organ (clitoris); increase in facial or body hair in women; menstrual changes; pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site; tenderness or swelling in the abdomen; yellowing of the skin or eyes.

Before puberty: increased frequency of erections; penile enlargement.

After puberty: frequent, painful erections.

Nandrolone Side Effects - for the Professional
Nandrolone
Hepatic:
Hepatocellular neoplasms and peliosis hepatis have been reported in association with long-term androgenic anabolic steroid therapy.

Genitourinary System:
In men.

1.Prepubertal: Phallic enlargement and increased frequency of erections.
2.Postpubertal: Inhibition of testicular function, testicular atrophy and oligospermia, impotence, chronic priapism, epididymitis and bladder irritability.
In women: Clitoral enlargement, menstrual irregularities. In both sexes: Increased or decreased libido.

CNS:
Habituation, excitation, insomnia, depression.

Gastrointestinal:
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.

Hematologic:
Bleeding in patients on concomitant anticoagulant therapy.

Breast:
Gynecomastia.

Larynx:
Deepening of the voice in women.

Hair:
Hirsutism and male pattern of baldness in women.

Skin:
Acne (especially in women and prepubertal boys.)

Skeletal:
Premature closure of epiphyses in children.

Fluid and Electrolytes:
Edema, retention of serum electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium, phosphate, calcium).

Metabolic/Endocrine:
Decreased glucose tolerance, increased serum levels of low-density lipoprotein and decreased levels of high-density lipoprotein, increased creatine and creatinine excretion, increased serum levels of creatinine phosphokinase (CPK). Some virilizing changes in women are irreversible even after prompt discontinuance of therapy and are not prevented by concomitant use of estrogens.

damage

Awards
why couldn't someone have mentioned this to me before puberty?

True. I am calling my pops right now......doing everything else except giving me nandrolone. sheesh. An oversized penis is the greatest gift you can give your son.

also..................I dont want to look like a greek statue, I want arms like Sergio Oliva in his prime.........I bet you if he had showed up in those days, all the greek statues would look like him....

I agree about most supplements though. A waste of money. :sasmokin:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread has brought me many laughs and smiles today :D