Not follow strict diet - anyone do this?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    bro there are so many things wrong with that $hit i cant imagine why anyone would drink it. just google
    guess i always grew up on it..... no wonder why i cant get abs

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    guess i always grew up on it..... no wonder why i cant get abs
    yeah milk and over abundance of complex carbs
    BJJ = life
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.59%

I slowly weaned myself off of mixing my protein shakes up with milk in 9th grade. And I'm not even lying, I honestly haven't had a sip of milk since, and that was like what a decade or so ago. I didn't even like it to begin with, I just didn't know any better at the time than to use it with my protein powder, lol.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I slowly weaned myself off of mixing my protein shakes up with milk in 9th grade. And I'm not even lying, I honestly haven't had a sip of milk since, and that was like what a decade or so ago. I didn't even like it to begin with, I just didn't know any better at the time than to use it with my protein powder, lol.

Milk is awful I lost like noticeable stomach fat after I stop drinking it and that was the only thing I changed at the time.

I mix my shakes with pasteurized liquid egg whites tastes better then milk and add and extra 25 grams of protein.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.59%

Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Milk is awful I lost like noticeable stomach fat after I stop drinking it and that was the only thing I changed at the time.

I mix my shakes with pasteurized liquid egg whites tastes better then milk and add and extra 25 grams of protein.

that's a good idea brotha, I might have to give that a shot.

And besides, like arnold says, "milk is for babies, real men drink beer"
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.36%

Genetics are a hell of a drug
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.59%

actually the macro and calorie daily intakes WERE exactly the same. All I did was manipulate it so that more carb macros and calories came PWO, and less spread out throughout all the other meals.

I think if you spread out your calories a bit more evenly throughout your day, you wouldn't need to gorge yourself PWO.
    110% BS!!!!! Seriously I can not stress this enough how wrong you are here. But it's okay since most people can't keep track of calories very well don't feel too bad. Let's say your right and if you eat 1000 calories of carbs pwo and for some reason your body deceided it only wants 500 cals of carbs so stores the extra 125 carbs as fat... All that means is later on you will lose some fat, or you would have earlier in the day, since your body would have been at a caloric defecit. So no matter what if you burn 3000 calories in a day and you eat 3000 calories in a single meal and nothing else, the body will need to oxidize and identical amount of fat as what was stored.

If you actually did what you said it would have been a wash, especially at such low carb numbers pwo. Saying 100 carbs pwo would make you fat is almost comical.

dude you, your 2 pack, and your broscience comments dont impress me. you can process as many carbs as you want in one meal, except the extra that you dont need will just be stored as fat. highly glycemic complex carbs spike blood sugar, FACT. you state no actual information about how the body works, just push some retarded fitness website. i wouldnt waste a second of my day to actually look at the crap you keep referring to. actually, reading your posts waste even more of my time.

not trying to flame but i gave the facts to back up what i said. you can look up how complex carbs affect blood sugar and insulin, etc. you sit there and talk $hit on the paleo diet while you know nothing about it. it has worked very effectively for tons of people including people on this board but you still call it "broscience". internet is a place where we share information, studies, self experiments. i trust the homework that people here did a whole lot more than some "fitness guru" website that you keep advertising. good day.

You sir are offically a moron. Congrats. What does my 4 pack have to do with anything? I don't go around saying I'm lean, in fact I usually say the opposite and have been label manorexic on here. Your not even a ripped 180 lb man so I have no clue where all your confidance is comming from.

The largest reason why are a moron is your commnts about some lame fitness site I advertise. I have on several time tired to direct people to some of te brightest minds in the industry. More importantly these guys give free info not selling stuff like these so called gurus. You claim to love scientificly backed information but don't know who Lyle mcdonald is??? The man who has single handed brougbt the most scientifics facts forward in our industry? You sir are nothing but a joke.

I'm far from the brightest person on this forum. I used to buy into alot of things said on forums as well till I started to really learn. Im not smart enough to care to remember all the facts and cause, all I care about are the effects. So I don't remember the facts to back up what I say, but that sure doesn't make me less wrong.

Another reason why your a moron is if you would actually check on the information of the names I said you would have realized that Martin berkham is a paleo guy and also happens to have some of the most scientifically backed info out there. Better yet he give out constant articles on his program for free.

Okay enough with you. Here's a copy from an interview with Martin. If anyone has read his work they will already know Martin doesn't say anything without scientific evidance so I'll try to find out the reasons why he reccomends suh a high pwo meal. He may mean the next two meals I'm not sure since I believe he now reccomends 50% macros pwo.

Leigh Peele-You talked about pre-post workout nutrition, is there a specific recommendation you have for these meals? Do you stick to any sort of carb/protein ratio? I am specifically curious as to the pre-workout guidelines you have.

Martin Berkhan-In an ideal situation, I’d like to place approximately 80% of the day’s total calorie intake in the post workout window. As a consequence, the pre-workout meal is often the “fast breaker” on workout days. For the pre-workout meal I usually recommend a meal consisting of an equal carb/protein ratio – for example, 50-60 g carbs, 40-50 g protein and some fat for taste (about 500 kcal total). The goal of this meal is to provide satisfaction, provide enough carbs to fuel the workout, and maximize protein synthesis for the workout (another reason for the high protein intake is to induce satiety). One of my typical pre-workout meals may consist of 8 oz lean meat with veggies or potatoes and a large apple. A bit of fructose might mediate the effect of the post-workout feeding, since liver glycogen is beneficial to hormones involved in anabolism, therefore the fruit. Keep in mind that the pre-workout meal is dependent on training volume, but I’ve found that these general guidelines work for most people doing moderate volume resistance training (about 10-15 sets of 6-10 reps, per workout, in total). Athletes and others, subjecting themselves to a greater training load than the average weight trainer, require different pre-workout guidelines.

The post workout meal is, ideally, a high carb, moderate protein and low fat feeding. This is what I have found most beneficial in terms of maximizing growth, recovery and limiting whatever extra fat might get stored during hyper caloric conditions. The absolute majority of carbs should be starch based, since we want carbs that gets stored as muscle glycogen primarily, but as noted before, some fructose might also be beneficial to allow for muscle growth processes to occur. The post workout meal should be the largest of the day and you may split your remaining calorie intake as you see fit. I usually have two substantial meals post-workout; one directly following the workout and another one an hour before going to bed.

The exact amount of calories and macronutrients consumed in the post-workout window is largely dependent on the individual’s primary focus, be it fat loss, re-composition or lean mass gains, so this is nothing more than a quick summary of some general guidelines that I apply across the board.

Leigh Peele-Is it safe to say then that even with IF, just as any other fat loss plan, overall energy (in an out) is still just as important? That the users of IF need to understand that this isn’t some sort of free pass to binge on any and everything, they still need to fit it within their caloric needs for daily energy? This would make “eating to your hearts content” mean more like “don’t be stupid and scarf down a box of doughnuts correct?

Martin Berkhan-Exactly. I don’t make any claims whatsoever on calorie counting not being necessary on IF. Studies show that resting metabolism increases in fasting (again, quite contrary to popular belief), mediated by increases in catecholamines like noradrenalin, but this effect is quite insignificant when you�re talking about humans ability to eat boatloads of calories, when introduced to energy dense and palpable foods. As shown in empirical studies, recall that both humans and rats maintained their bodyweight on an ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) regimen, when encouraged to eat ad libitum in the feeding phase. If you let hunger and appetite dictate what and how much to eat, it’s quite easy to undo the energy deficit accumulated through 16, 20 or even 48 hours of fasting. That being said, you’ll discover that you can indulge quite a bit, while still dropping fat, if you limit the most energy dense foods. For example, I eat a lot of ice cream myself, but I make sure that the majority of my calories comes from meat, veggies, fruit and starch sources like potatoes, oatmeal and whole grain bread.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.36%

ding ding ding. Now touch gloves and come out fighting.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.53%

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    im in this category. i eat good 4-6 times a day and ill eat anything i see. if im low on protein ill throw in a shake or two. works for me
    I'm in the same boat. I generally eat healthy and to maintain my current weight and leanness, but I don't overkill it. If I have a specific goal, I'll refine my program to be more specific, but if I'm just wining it (like now), I don't really worry about it too much. I make sure I get in a good amount of protein per day and carbs every 2-3 hours. I used to be balls to the wall strict all the time but I noticed that the payouts in the long term weren't worth the effort. It can be like a full time job. Get to the point you want to be and it's easier to maintain that.

Also, great looking shoulders, GeekPoop! I wish mine looked that good. My freaking AC joint has been giving me problems though
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

hey whatever floats your boat. if bagels and 200 grams of carbs PWO works for your 2 pack then enjoy. starches make me feel like $hit and my mma performance drops when i consume too many carbs. nowhere in that interview does he recommend that huge amount of carbs post workout. then he goes to say that he eats a lot of ice cream...

show me a study that says that overstuffing muscles with glycogen (water) helps their growth or strength. its good to have full muscle/liver glycogen but retaining water doesnt help me one bit. i look at it as dead weight, it slows me down.
    BJJ = life
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.59%

hey whatever floats your boat. if bagels and 200 grams of carbs PWO works for your 2 pack then enjoy. starches make me feel like $hit and my mma performance drops when i consume too many carbs. nowhere in that interview does he recommend that huge amount of carbs post workout. then he goes to say that he eats a lot of ice cream...

show me a study that says that overstuffing muscles with glycogen (water) helps their growth or strength. its good to have full muscle/liver glycogen but retaining water doesnt help me one bit. i look at it as dead weight, it slows me down.

bravo for even reading that novel of a post bro. I took one look at it and decided I didn't really care nearly enough to read that whole thing.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

bravo for even reading that novel of a post bro. I took one look at it and decided I didn't really care nearly enough to read that whole thing.
    i just found what works for me you know. back in the day i would pound 3-4 cups of oats a day, whole wheat pasta, the works. yea my muscles were bigger from the glycogen but I was also slower and fatter. now I eat pretty low carb, im at like 8% bf, much faster in my training.
    BJJ = life
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.59%

I will, and you keep up Whatever keeps you a nice an boney 180lb man
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.68%

Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    I will, and you keep up Whatever keeps you a nice an boney 180lb man
    lmao where do you see bones? you look like a goblin in your picture. i dont bodybuild, i train BJJ so im not gonna look all swollen. keep stuffin the pancakes 2 pack mafia
    BJJ = life
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.36%

lets get ready to rumble remix

I see this thread is quickly getting out of control.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

HAHAHA! ZamaMan, I read your posts with an open mind (same as everyone else's posts), and I am very non-judgemental, but you gotta give AntonG420 props, he called you a goblin! I have NEVER heard that one used before, and I gotta rep him for that!
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.59%

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    I see this thread is quickly getting out of control.

LOL, nah. I think at the end of the day we all just kinda stick with the "you should just keep doing what you found works for you" mentality.

I know I do anyways. For better or for worse sometimes even
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.36%

LOL, nah. I think at the end of the day we all just kinda stick with the "you should just keep doing what you found works for you" mentality.

I know I do anyways. For better or for worse sometimes even
    Agreed. I think when ever someone offers a difference of opinions directly or indirectly related to a post it always gets the alpha flowing.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%

alright brothers let's all get along...
    skeletor and green goblin make peace...
    naw seriously we all gotta do what's best for us. we as individuals are different...
    no need for bashing each other.. we bash the trolls!!!!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.21%

This may have been mentioned, but Greg Plitt claims that he eats once per day and it's anything he wants:
    http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/greg-plitt/

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of diet should I follow?
    By Broly in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Is it hard to follow a strict diet in college?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM
  3. How strict is your diet ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
  5. Feel like crap when keeping a strict diet...
    By iwannagetbig in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:15 PM