Not follow strict diet - anyone do this?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You're assuming and making generalizations - "the mother of all fcuk-ups", as Sean says . . . I may use "fat burners", yes, but I generally don't use them as "fat burners" but for other effects (which you would know if you bothered reading any of my logs, etc.). You've got to know your body, and when you find something your body responds to and works towards your goals - for me, an almost perpetual recomp - then you use it.

    Do supplements help in achieving your goals? Yes, they can, but they're the LEAST important part.

    Can I get the same results without supplements? Yes, I can (and have done, in several logs when using only the basics staples or my staples, and in some cases, not even that, like just recently) - as I said, my TRAINING is the determining factor in MY results, and re fat loss, my BEST fat loss/difference in body composition occurred during a week where I was NOT even using the basic staples (only Vitaberry and BC+EAA)!




    Exactly!

    If you don't believe, that's your prerogative, gentleman, but just because YOU think it is impossible doesn't make it impossible, and you'd do well to stop making asses of yourselves by making ridiculous statements and assumptions about someone you clearly know nothing about (and that is my last comment here, because this is becoming a joke now)!

    ~Rosie~
    I have no interest in reading you logs whatsoever... I'm here to keep learning about PH/Anabolics, cause I wanna know what I put in my body. Forums called anabolic minds..

    How can I make assumptions when you said it in some post you take alpha t2 aka fat burner... I wasn't knocking on you, but now I sense a hostility.. whatever Rosie you always want to put your 2 cents in other peoples thread and I notice people kissing your ass here and of course your hubby will back you up.. hey I would back my wife up 100 percent.., but you coming on here and say you can eat whatver you want sounds kind of suspect to me. 4000 calories a small woman and stay 8 percent BF (so you claim)

    I box and muaythai 3 times a week which is more intense than lifting when it comes to burning fat and I would still stay at around 165-170 pounds and12percent BF @ 5'5 even eating 90 percent clean..

    everyones body is different...

    yeh this thread is turning out to be a joke, like alot of the other threads...


  2. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    I have no interest in reading you logs whatsoever... I'm here to keep learning about PH/Anabolics, cause I wanna know what I put in my body. Forums called anabolic minds..

    How can I make assumptions when you said it in some post you take alpha t2 aka fat burner... I wasn't knocking on you, but now I sense a hostility.. whatever Rosie you always want to put your 2 cents in other peoples thread and I notice people kissing your ass here and of course your hubby will back you up.. hey I would back my wife up 100 percent.., but you coming on here and say you can eat whatver you want sounds kind of suspect to me. 4000 calories a small woman and stay 8 percent BF.. no way no how... I'm entitle to my opinion..

    yeh this thread is turning out to be a joke, like alot of the other threads...
    lol imagine if a bunch of people from here met up somewhere in real life. bunch of meatheads and ripped chicks all cracked out on stims, flexing at each other, arguing about bf percentages. hahahah its a message board people lighten up a little bit.
    BJJ = life
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    lol imagine if a bunch of people from here met up somewhere in real life. bunch of meatheads and ripped chicks all cracked out on stims, flexing at each other, arguing about bf percentages. hahahah its a message board people lighten up a little bit.
    true bro, but she takes things personal..

  4. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Maybe it plays some small factor in there, hell it SHOULD, otherwise all it is a placebo pill. But I think the fact that she takes a fat burner has very little to do with why she can eat 4k calories a day and stay lean. A LOT of other factors come into play, genetics, training, nutrition, etc.. The fat burner is really quite a minute detail in the reason why she can do it if you ask me.

    Ask her how many she can eat and stay lean if she doesn't take a fat burner and I bet you get the same answer...
    have you ever taken clen?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    have you ever taken clen?

    Yes, in my younger years. Stacked with T3 as a matter of fact. Even that isn't a miracle drug bro, diet is STILL important, even on clen/t3. DNP is the only fat loss stuff I've never taken before.

    I'm actually leaner these days using only designer fat burners like OEP and alpha T2 than I ever was even on clen/t3. Just because I understand so much more about diet/nutrition and training.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    dude you, your 2 pack, and your broscience comments dont impress me. you can process as many carbs as you want in one meal, except the extra that you dont need will just be stored as fat. highly glycemic complex carbs spike blood sugar, FACT. you state no actual information about how the body works, just push some retarded fitness website. i wouldnt waste a second of my day to actually look at the crap you keep referring to. actually, reading your posts waste even more of my time.

    not trying to flame but i gave the facts to back up what i said. you can look up how complex carbs affect blood sugar and insulin, etc. you sit there and talk $hit on the paleo diet while you know nothing about it. it has worked very effectively for tons of people including people on this board but you still call it "broscience". internet is a place where we share information, studies, self experiments. i trust the homework that people here did a whole lot more than some "fitness guru" website that you keep advertising. good day.
    so, those following the "leangains" diet, the warrior diet, ect, are basically putting on large amounts of fat with their 1-2 meals a day, and then going catabolic for the rest?? give me a ****ing break

  7. Quote Originally Posted by hungryH View Post
    so, those following the "leangains" diet, the warrior diet, ect, are basically putting on large amounts of fat with their 1-2 meals a day, and then going catabolic for the rest?? give me a ****ing break
    did i say that? you can eat 1-2 meals a day as long as you are not eating 200-300 grams of carbs in one sitting. to think that the body will just suck those carbs up and love them would be idiotic. big low glycemic meals can be eaten without fat gain but this guy eats bagels and $hit. also there can be issues with insulin if you eat too big of meals but thats not as fattening as 200+ grams of carbs in one sitting. were not talking how many meals you are eating but rather WHAT you are eating.
    BJJ = life

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Yes, in my younger years. Stacked with T3 as a matter of fact. Even that isn't a miracle drug bro, diet is STILL important, even on clen/t3. DNP is the only fat loss stuff I've never taken before.

    I'm actually leaner these days using only designer fat burners like OEP and alpha T2 than I ever was even on clen/t3. Just because I understand so much more about diet/nutrition and training.
    then you know very well clen is not a placebo...and that something I will never take again..
    you can't sit there and say most are placebos...especially clen..Latin word I shall please.. my ass clen pleased me..

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    did i say that? you can eat 1-2 meals a day as long as you are not eating 200-300 grams of carbs in one sitting. to think that the body will just suck those carbs up and love them would be idiotic. big low glycemic meals can be eaten without fat gain but this guy eats bagels and $hit. also there can be issues with insulin if you eat too big of meals but thats not as fattening as 200+ grams of carbs in one sitting. were not talking how many meals you are eating but rather WHAT you are eating.
    so let me ask you this Ant... most of my work outs are at 6 in the morning which is 30 minutes after I wake up. should I have something before workout like a shake or something because I take my alpha as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach..my goal is to loose at least 2 percent body fat while keeping mass. I think I would look better with a nice recomp.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    so let me ask you this Ant... most of my work outs are at 6 in the morning which is 30 minutes after I wake up. should I have something before workout like a shake or something because I take my alpha as soon as I wake up on an empty stomach..my goal is to loose at least 2 percent body fat while keeping mass. I think I would look better with a nice recomp.
    actually my paleo people all believe in fasted workouts for fat loss. but for mass preservation sake drink a 30-40 gram whey shake before/during. i dont see how it will interfere with the fat burner, you'll get your BCAA's in, and be in a more or less positive nitrogen balance. just make sure you pound a good meal post workout, since you are trying to lose fat keep it low GI. meat/fish/eggs + vegetables. keep the blood sugar steady and the weight will fall off even without the fat burners.
    BJJ = life

  11. yeh I was just worry cause I always take a pre/post workout shake.. I ain't trying to loose weight, just shed the fat..

  12. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    yeh I was just worry cause I always take a pre/post workout shake.. I ain't trying to loose weight, just shed the fat..
    yea exactly, improve body composition. so yeah your number one focus is to keep the blood sugar steady. load up on vegetables, cut fruit out for a little while. for maximum results ditch all complex carbs except for some red potatoes once in a while PostWO if you are feeling your glycogen dipping low. up the fat. dozen eggs and a steak everyday. just keep lifting heavy.
    BJJ = life

  13. uhhhh.. the cutt out all complex carbs will be a tough one.. I tried the no carb thing before and i was moody as hell...

  14. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    uhhhh.. the cutt out all complex carbs will be a tough one.. I tried the no carb thing before and i was moody as hell...
    not no carb, low carb. you can eat as many low GI carbs as you want (vegetables). thats seriously the only thing between you and a six pack. ive put numerous people on this eating plan and they all got ripped.
    BJJ = life

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    not no carb, low carb. you can eat as many low GI carbs as you want (vegetables). thats seriously the only thing between you and a six pack. ive put numerous people on this eating plan and they all got ripped.
    how long did the process take?
    and is reduce fat milk ok?

  16. clen works wonders, if you dont drop weight on that slit your wrists
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  17. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    how long did the process take?
    and is reduce fat milk ok?
    its a pretty fast process, depends on how well you stick to the diet.

    no, milk sucks. lactose, hormones, homogenization, IGF, etc. there was another thread where i posted a bunch of info about how bad milk is.
    BJJ = life

  18. Milk is gross anyways, LOL.

  19. I love milk dammit....alright I will ditch the milk for a bit..

  20. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    I love milk dammit....alright I will ditch the milk for a bit..
    bro there are so many things wrong with that $hit i cant imagine why anyone would drink it. just google
    BJJ = life

  21. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    bro there are so many things wrong with that $hit i cant imagine why anyone would drink it. just google
    guess i always grew up on it..... no wonder why i cant get abs

  22. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    guess i always grew up on it..... no wonder why i cant get abs
    yeah milk and over abundance of complex carbs
    BJJ = life

  23. I slowly weaned myself off of mixing my protein shakes up with milk in 9th grade. And I'm not even lying, I honestly haven't had a sip of milk since, and that was like what a decade or so ago. I didn't even like it to begin with, I just didn't know any better at the time than to use it with my protein powder, lol.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I slowly weaned myself off of mixing my protein shakes up with milk in 9th grade. And I'm not even lying, I honestly haven't had a sip of milk since, and that was like what a decade or so ago. I didn't even like it to begin with, I just didn't know any better at the time than to use it with my protein powder, lol.

    Milk is awful I lost like noticeable stomach fat after I stop drinking it and that was the only thing I changed at the time.

    I mix my shakes with pasteurized liquid egg whites tastes better then milk and add and extra 25 grams of protein.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Milk is awful I lost like noticeable stomach fat after I stop drinking it and that was the only thing I changed at the time.

    I mix my shakes with pasteurized liquid egg whites tastes better then milk and add and extra 25 grams of protein.

    that's a good idea brotha, I might have to give that a shot.

    And besides, like arnold says, "milk is for babies, real men drink beer"

  26. Genetics are a hell of a drug

  27. Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    actually the macro and calorie daily intakes WERE exactly the same. All I did was manipulate it so that more carb macros and calories came PWO, and less spread out throughout all the other meals.

    I think if you spread out your calories a bit more evenly throughout your day, you wouldn't need to gorge yourself PWO.
    110% BS!!!!! Seriously I can not stress this enough how wrong you are here. But it's okay since most people can't keep track of calories very well don't feel too bad. Let's say your right and if you eat 1000 calories of carbs pwo and for some reason your body deceided it only wants 500 cals of carbs so stores the extra 125 carbs as fat... All that means is later on you will lose some fat, or you would have earlier in the day, since your body would have been at a caloric defecit. So no matter what if you burn 3000 calories in a day and you eat 3000 calories in a single meal and nothing else, the body will need to oxidize and identical amount of fat as what was stored.

    If you actually did what you said it would have been a wash, especially at such low carb numbers pwo. Saying 100 carbs pwo would make you fat is almost comical.

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    dude you, your 2 pack, and your broscience comments dont impress me. you can process as many carbs as you want in one meal, except the extra that you dont need will just be stored as fat. highly glycemic complex carbs spike blood sugar, FACT. you state no actual information about how the body works, just push some retarded fitness website. i wouldnt waste a second of my day to actually look at the crap you keep referring to. actually, reading your posts waste even more of my time.

    not trying to flame but i gave the facts to back up what i said. you can look up how complex carbs affect blood sugar and insulin, etc. you sit there and talk $hit on the paleo diet while you know nothing about it. it has worked very effectively for tons of people including people on this board but you still call it "broscience". internet is a place where we share information, studies, self experiments. i trust the homework that people here did a whole lot more than some "fitness guru" website that you keep advertising. good day.

    You sir are offically a moron. Congrats. What does my 4 pack have to do with anything? I don't go around saying I'm lean, in fact I usually say the opposite and have been label manorexic on here. Your not even a ripped 180 lb man so I have no clue where all your confidance is comming from.

    The largest reason why are a moron is your commnts about some lame fitness site I advertise. I have on several time tired to direct people to some of te brightest minds in the industry. More importantly these guys give free info not selling stuff like these so called gurus. You claim to love scientificly backed information but don't know who Lyle mcdonald is??? The man who has single handed brougbt the most scientifics facts forward in our industry? You sir are nothing but a joke.

    I'm far from the brightest person on this forum. I used to buy into alot of things said on forums as well till I started to really learn. Im not smart enough to care to remember all the facts and cause, all I care about are the effects. So I don't remember the facts to back up what I say, but that sure doesn't make me less wrong.


    Another reason why your a moron is if you would actually check on the information of the names I said you would have realized that Martin berkham is a paleo guy and also happens to have some of the most scientifically backed info out there. Better yet he give out constant articles on his program for free.

    Okay enough with you. Here's a copy from an interview with Martin. If anyone has read his work they will already know Martin doesn't say anything without scientific evidance so I'll try to find out the reasons why he reccomends suh a high pwo meal. He may mean the next two meals I'm not sure since I believe he now reccomends 50% macros pwo.

    Leigh Peele-You talked about pre-post workout nutrition, is there a specific recommendation you have for these meals? Do you stick to any sort of carb/protein ratio? I am specifically curious as to the pre-workout guidelines you have.

    Martin Berkhan-In an ideal situation, I’d like to place approximately 80% of the day’s total calorie intake in the post workout window. As a consequence, the pre-workout meal is often the “fast breaker” on workout days. For the pre-workout meal I usually recommend a meal consisting of an equal carb/protein ratio – for example, 50-60 g carbs, 40-50 g protein and some fat for taste (about 500 kcal total). The goal of this meal is to provide satisfaction, provide enough carbs to fuel the workout, and maximize protein synthesis for the workout (another reason for the high protein intake is to induce satiety). One of my typical pre-workout meals may consist of 8 oz lean meat with veggies or potatoes and a large apple. A bit of fructose might mediate the effect of the post-workout feeding, since liver glycogen is beneficial to hormones involved in anabolism, therefore the fruit. Keep in mind that the pre-workout meal is dependent on training volume, but I’ve found that these general guidelines work for most people doing moderate volume resistance training (about 10-15 sets of 6-10 reps, per workout, in total). Athletes and others, subjecting themselves to a greater training load than the average weight trainer, require different pre-workout guidelines.

    The post workout meal is, ideally, a high carb, moderate protein and low fat feeding. This is what I have found most beneficial in terms of maximizing growth, recovery and limiting whatever extra fat might get stored during hyper caloric conditions. The absolute majority of carbs should be starch based, since we want carbs that gets stored as muscle glycogen primarily, but as noted before, some fructose might also be beneficial to allow for muscle growth processes to occur. The post workout meal should be the largest of the day and you may split your remaining calorie intake as you see fit. I usually have two substantial meals post-workout; one directly following the workout and another one an hour before going to bed.

    The exact amount of calories and macronutrients consumed in the post-workout window is largely dependent on the individual’s primary focus, be it fat loss, re-composition or lean mass gains, so this is nothing more than a quick summary of some general guidelines that I apply across the board.

    Leigh Peele-Is it safe to say then that even with IF, just as any other fat loss plan, overall energy (in an out) is still just as important? That the users of IF need to understand that this isn’t some sort of free pass to binge on any and everything, they still need to fit it within their caloric needs for daily energy? This would make “eating to your hearts content” mean more like “don’t be stupid and scarf down a box of doughnuts correct?

    Martin Berkhan-Exactly. I don’t make any claims whatsoever on calorie counting not being necessary on IF. Studies show that resting metabolism increases in fasting (again, quite contrary to popular belief), mediated by increases in catecholamines like noradrenalin, but this effect is quite insignificant when you�re talking about humans ability to eat boatloads of calories, when introduced to energy dense and palpable foods. As shown in empirical studies, recall that both humans and rats maintained their bodyweight on an ADF (Alternate Day Fasting) regimen, when encouraged to eat ad libitum in the feeding phase. If you let hunger and appetite dictate what and how much to eat, it’s quite easy to undo the energy deficit accumulated through 16, 20 or even 48 hours of fasting. That being said, you’ll discover that you can indulge quite a bit, while still dropping fat, if you limit the most energy dense foods. For example, I eat a lot of ice cream myself, but I make sure that the majority of my calories comes from meat, veggies, fruit and starch sources like potatoes, oatmeal and whole grain bread.

  28. ding ding ding. Now touch gloves and come out fighting.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    im in this category. i eat good 4-6 times a day and ill eat anything i see. if im low on protein ill throw in a shake or two. works for me
    I'm in the same boat. I generally eat healthy and to maintain my current weight and leanness, but I don't overkill it. If I have a specific goal, I'll refine my program to be more specific, but if I'm just wining it (like now), I don't really worry about it too much. I make sure I get in a good amount of protein per day and carbs every 2-3 hours. I used to be balls to the wall strict all the time but I noticed that the payouts in the long term weren't worth the effort. It can be like a full time job. Get to the point you want to be and it's easier to maintain that.

    Also, great looking shoulders, GeekPoop! I wish mine looked that good. My freaking AC joint has been giving me problems though

  30. hey whatever floats your boat. if bagels and 200 grams of carbs PWO works for your 2 pack then enjoy. starches make me feel like $hit and my mma performance drops when i consume too many carbs. nowhere in that interview does he recommend that huge amount of carbs post workout. then he goes to say that he eats a lot of ice cream...

    show me a study that says that overstuffing muscles with glycogen (water) helps their growth or strength. its good to have full muscle/liver glycogen but retaining water doesnt help me one bit. i look at it as dead weight, it slows me down.
    BJJ = life
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What kind of diet should I follow?
    By Broly in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Is it hard to follow a strict diet in college?
    By Rah22491 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM
  3. How strict is your diet ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
  5. Feel like crap when keeping a strict diet...
    By iwannagetbig in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Log in
Log in