1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.99%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

overtraining causing low t and low lh

I have had 3 blood tests done over the past little less than a year and have had low LH and low T in all of them. I had also battled anorexia about a year and ahalf ago. Since being hospipitalized for teh anorexia I have now put on a solid 35 lbs which has been pretty quality weight which i am proud of and want to keep gaining but this low T is making it nearly impossible and it jsut sux cuz im only 21. My question is do you think overtraining would cause this and if the anorexia coudl still be effecting this.

I ask this because my doc wants to put me on TRT and I dunno if i want to do it if it is not necessary.

My weight workouts are usually about 115-130 long witha 10 min warm up before hand about 5-6 days a week. Im eating anywhere from 300-3400 calories a day i count my macros and everythign so i know what im taking in

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    I have had 3 blood tests done over the past little less than a year and have had low LH and low T in all of them. I had also battled anorexia about a year and ahalf ago. Since being hospipitalized for teh anorexia I have now put on a solid 35 lbs which has been pretty quality weight which i am proud of and want to keep gaining but this low T is making it nearly impossible and it jsut sux cuz im only 21. My question is do you think overtraining would cause this and if the anorexia coudl still be effecting this.

I ask this because my doc wants to put me on TRT and I dunno if i want to do it if it is not necessary.

My weight workouts are usually about 115-130 long witha 10 min warm up before hand about 5-6 days a week. Im eating anywhere from 300-3400 calories a day i count my macros and everythign so i know what im taking in
    Your doc knows your medical his. better than anyone on this site. If you are second guessing what hes doing then ask the doc more questions about "why" and also...if some days your eating under 1000cals then somethings wrong. Thats not nearly enough food.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.99%

that was a type its between 3000-3400 cals, and that the thing only been seeing this doc for a couple months
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.17%

The lowdown is like this, anorexia is a combination of social and biological factors. Maybe having low T this whole time aided in your problem, maybe it was a result of your problem. The thing is, having adequate T levels at your age would never be detrimental. If you were asking if you wanted to run a heavy test cycle or something I would most definitely disagree with you, as it could exacerbate the problem you initially had. My guess is, that if you cannot get your T levels up naturally by exercise, rest, and diet, you had this problem before the anorexia. In the meantime, I'd aim for the higher number on calories, and make sure you have plenty of fats (including saturated fats). I had a problem similar to yours as a result of being misinformed when I was young and basically completely cutting saturated fat out of my diet. I would encourage you to get a second opinion if your insurance allows, but being on TRT isn't the end of the world. Hey at least you don't have to deal with all of the extraneous variables in our world that could be the cause of men today having lower testosterone than men in the 1940's. If your doctor was wrong, you're just back where you started, if he gets you on a solid, informed regimen, you will feel and look better than ever.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jgassen15 View Post
    The lowdown is like this, anorexia is a combination of social and biological factors. Maybe having low T this whole time aided in your problem, maybe it was a result of your problem. The thing is, having adequate T levels at your age would never be detrimental. If you were asking if you wanted to run a heavy test cycle or something I would most definitely disagree with you, as it could exacerbate the problem you initially had. My guess is, that if you cannot get your T levels up naturally by exercise, rest, and diet, you had this problem before the anorexia. In the meantime, I'd aim for the higher number on calories, and make sure you have plenty of fats (including saturated fats). I had a problem similar to yours as a result of being misinformed when I was young and basically completely cutting saturated fat out of my diet. I would encourage you to get a second opinion if your insurance allows, but being on TRT isn't the end of the world. Hey at least you don't have to deal with all of the extraneous variables in our world that could be the cause of men today having lower testosterone than men in the 1940's. If your doctor was wrong, you're just back where you started, if he gets you on a solid, informed regimen, you will feel and look better than ever.

**** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.99%

i eat at least 100g of fats a day as it is so i dont really think that would be it...... I just don't wanna be put on stuff that is going to mess up the rest of my life ya know, thanks alot though

Similar Forum Threads

1. CLA causing high BP?
    By CT3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
  2. What is causing this ?
    By bengelha in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
  3. causing low T?
    By engival in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3