overtraining causing low t and low lh

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have had 3 blood tests done over the past little less than a year and have had low LH and low T in all of them. I had also battled anorexia about a year and ahalf ago. Since being hospipitalized for teh anorexia I have now put on a solid 35 lbs which has been pretty quality weight which i am proud of and want to keep gaining but this low T is making it nearly impossible and it jsut sux cuz im only 21. My question is do you think overtraining would cause this and if the anorexia coudl still be effecting this.

I ask this because my doc wants to put me on TRT and I dunno if i want to do it if it is not necessary.

My weight workouts are usually about 115-130 long witha 10 min warm up before hand about 5-6 days a week. Im eating anywhere from 300-3400 calories a day i count my macros and everythign so i know what im taking in

KingVegas

Awards
I have had 3 blood tests done over the past little less than a year and have had low LH and low T in all of them. I had also battled anorexia about a year and ahalf ago. Since being hospipitalized for teh anorexia I have now put on a solid 35 lbs which has been pretty quality weight which i am proud of and want to keep gaining but this low T is making it nearly impossible and it jsut sux cuz im only 21. My question is do you think overtraining would cause this and if the anorexia coudl still be effecting this.

I ask this because my doc wants to put me on TRT and I dunno if i want to do it if it is not necessary.

My weight workouts are usually about 115-130 long witha 10 min warm up before hand about 5-6 days a week. Im eating anywhere from 300-3400 calories a day i count my macros and everythign so i know what im taking in
Your doc knows your medical his. better than anyone on this site. If you are second guessing what hes doing then ask the doc more questions about "why" and also...if some days your eating under 1000cals then somethings wrong. Thats not nearly enough food.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that was a type its between 3000-3400 cals, and that the thing only been seeing this doc for a couple months

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
The lowdown is like this, anorexia is a combination of social and biological factors. Maybe having low T this whole time aided in your problem, maybe it was a result of your problem. The thing is, having adequate T levels at your age would never be detrimental. If you were asking if you wanted to run a heavy test cycle or something I would most definitely disagree with you, as it could exacerbate the problem you initially had. My guess is, that if you cannot get your T levels up naturally by exercise, rest, and diet, you had this problem before the anorexia. In the meantime, I'd aim for the higher number on calories, and make sure you have plenty of fats (including saturated fats). I had a problem similar to yours as a result of being misinformed when I was young and basically completely cutting saturated fat out of my diet. I would encourage you to get a second opinion if your insurance allows, but being on TRT isn't the end of the world. Hey at least you don't have to deal with all of the extraneous variables in our world that could be the cause of men today having lower testosterone than men in the 1940's. If your doctor was wrong, you're just back where you started, if he gets you on a solid, informed regimen, you will feel and look better than ever.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The lowdown is like this, anorexia is a combination of social and biological factors. Maybe having low T this whole time aided in your problem, maybe it was a result of your problem. The thing is, having adequate T levels at your age would never be detrimental. If you were asking if you wanted to run a heavy test cycle or something I would most definitely disagree with you, as it could exacerbate the problem you initially had. My guess is, that if you cannot get your T levels up naturally by exercise, rest, and diet, you had this problem before the anorexia. In the meantime, I'd aim for the higher number on calories, and make sure you have plenty of fats (including saturated fats). I had a problem similar to yours as a result of being misinformed when I was young and basically completely cutting saturated fat out of my diet. I would encourage you to get a second opinion if your insurance allows, but being on TRT isn't the end of the world. Hey at least you don't have to deal with all of the extraneous variables in our world that could be the cause of men today having lower testosterone than men in the 1940's. If your doctor was wrong, you're just back where you started, if he gets you on a solid, informed regimen, you will feel and look better than ever.

:goodpost:

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i eat at least 100g of fats a day as it is so i dont really think that would be it...... I just don't wanna be put on stuff that is going to mess up the rest of my life ya know, thanks alot though