How am I eating?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I never had anyone analyze my diet before so I just want to see how I'm doing. I'm eating more now because I'm on cycle but off cycle my diet is similiar just about 1000 calories less per day.

9:00am 2 packets high fiber quaker oates oatmeal(7g sugar each) with 1% milk
9:30am 3-4 whole scrambled eggs
10:00 leave for workout
11:30 pear/apple and post w/o shake with water
12:00 2 tacos with 90/10 beef, whole grain tortillas, lowfat cheese, handful blueberries
1:00 8-10oz grilled chicken, 1 cup chicken flavored uncle ben's brown rice
1:45 myofusion protein shake w/1% milk
2:45 10 asparagus spears
4:00 8 oz chicken
5:00 1 cup of dannon blueberry yogurt, 10g fishoil
6:00 large portion of potroast
7:30 2 table spoons of jiffy peanut butter
9:00 handful of saltless sunflower seeds
10:00pm 6oz chicken breast

Sometimes I will mix in a lot more 90/10 beef because its cheaper, to replace the chicken. Such as hamburgers with no bun, and I'll just eat them with katsup.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I never had anyone analyze my diet before so I just want to see how I'm doing. I'm eating more now because I'm on cycle but off cycle my diet is similiar just about 1000 calories less per day.

9:00am 2 packets high fiber quaker oates oatmeal(7g sugar each) with 1% milk
9:30am 3-4 whole scrambled eggs
10:00 leave for workout
11:30 pear/apple and post w/o shake with water
12:00 2 tacos with 90/10 beef, whole grain tortillas, lowfat cheese, handful blueberries
1:00 8-10oz grilled chicken, 1 cup chicken flavored uncle ben's brown rice
1:45 myofusion protein shake w/1% milk
2:45 10 asparagus spears
4:00 8 oz chicken
5:00 1 cup of dannon blueberry yogurt, 10g fishoil
6:00 large portion of potroast
7:30 2 table spoons of jiffy peanut butter
9:00 handful of saltless sunflower seeds
10:00pm 6oz chicken breast

Sometimes I will mix in a lot more 90/10 beef because its cheaper, to replace the chicken. Such as hamburgers with no bun, and I'll just eat them with katsup.
i think it looks like you are doing pretty well. Is the pb natural? You want to stay away from that partially hydrogenated oil.

Also, a tip - you could switch from dannon yogurt to greek yogurt, which has more protein and is less processed (usually).

Lastly, try mixing in some egg whites with your whole eggs for a bit more protein. I like better n' eggs.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I doubt the peanut butter is natural, its the most common stuff sold in grocery stores, regular ol' Jiffy. But I can try getting some natural stuff next time I shop.

Mindless

Awards
Also, is "2 packets high fiber quaker oates oatmeal" refering to "Instant Oatmeal"?
If so, I'd switch to the "Old Fashioned Oatmeal" or simply rolled oats.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I doubt the peanut butter is natural, its the most common stuff sold in grocery stores, regular ol' Jiffy. But I can try getting some natural stuff next time I shop.
yeah its usually all up on the shelf in the same place. Jiffy makes a natural - it says natural on it. So does skippy and 'stop-and-shop' brand. It tastes pretty much the same. The natural separates into a paste and an oil. To prevent having to stir the pb everytime, the companies decided they would add partially hydrogenated oils (http://www.treelight.com/health/nutrition/PartiallyHydrogenatedOils.html). Natural doesnt have the additive.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Chicken is $15.00 for 5 lbs. 90/10 ground beef is usually $10 for 4 lbs. I guess its not that much cheaper but definately easier to cook, I just throw a chunk in the pan and cook it on the stovetop for like 4 minutes versus goin out in the freezing cold and grilling for 25 minutes.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Chicken is $15.00 for 5 lbs. 90/10 ground beef is usually $10 for 4 lbs. I guess its not that much cheaper but definately easier to cook, I just throw a chunk in the pan and cook it on the stovetop for like 4 minutes versus goin out in the freezing cold and grilling for 25 minutes.
That's why I don't grill my chicken. Plus its too easy to dry out and doesn't keep as well after a couple days. I throw 3lbs or so on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle with favorite seasoning. Bake at 375 for 20-25minutes until pink is gone. Don't overcook. Stays moist, keeps for a few days, and stays moist when you reheat it. Plus no going into the freezing cold.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
cool maybe Ill try that. I'm just super paranoid about pink and chicken and getting sick! Another benefit of beef is it seems safer, less sensative to how you cook it.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
cool maybe Ill try that. I'm just super paranoid about pink and chicken and getting sick! Another benefit of beef is it seems safer, less sensative to how you cook it.
Don't worry too much. Just check it while cooking and cook a little longer if needed. Besides, unless you eat chicken cold, which I don't, any residual pinl that might be there is taken care of when you reheat it. Quit being paranoid about it unless you like chicken sushi style.