Get Your BCAA on! One of the Greatest BCAAs sells EVER or not but pretty damn close!

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by USProduct-Edu View Post
    I still see 29.99.
    ah! im not crazy i swear, it was up to 34.99
    CELTIC LABS REP

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    ah! im not crazy i swear, it was up to 34.99
    It was at $34.99 for a part of the day yesterday. You're only half crazy
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

i have a quick question about the dosing, so on the label of the BCAA's it says 1 kilogram/serving =12.22 g, and that 1 tsp = 2 grams. This may be a ridiculous question but does that mean 6 tsp = 1 serving? Im not dosing intra-workout at least not until school is over, just in between meals for now (1-2 times daily is the goal), so does anyone recommend any different type dosing for that and if so how much(in tsp please)?

Thanks in advance
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

I think it works best with a higher carb intake but from your posts in the past it doesnt seem like you go high carb very often?
    Yea... I tend to stay away from carbs. I
    Can't eat gluten so mainly potatoes and brown rice for me. And potatoes are a pain to peel and I get sick of um. Brown rice causes my joints to become inflamed so I can't eat much of that... Lol. Food is not my friend. Even though I love it.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by montesj88 View Post
    i have a quick question about the dosing, so on the label of the BCAA's it says 1 kilogram/serving =12.22 g, and that 1 tsp = 2 grams. This may be a ridiculous question but does that mean 6 tsp = 1 serving? Im not dosing intra-workout at least not until school is over, just in between meals for now (1-2 times daily is the goal), so does anyone recommend any different type dosing for that and if so how much(in tsp please)?

Thanks in advance
    There is really no dosing requirements. Its BCAA, take as much as you feel like taking. I would probably try 10-20g in my workout drink depending on taste.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

so 5 tsp would be 10g correct?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

yes. if one tsp = 2g, then 10g = 5 tsp. I'll just use one of the scoops I have fron other stucc, I'm not going to measure. Its BCAA, it won't make a difference.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

alrite thanks...i jus wanted to make sure my 2 tubs will last me a while and that im not consuming excess amounts that are unneeded. And when i measured out 2 tsp earlier it seemed to be around the same serving size as the USPlabs BCAA's in the smaller tub.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

Ok I got mine Today and tried it out in my intra drink. I used the scoop that comes with Xtend and added 2 scoops into my bottle as I have been with Xtend.

It had light clear brownish color, more like light dirty water than anything which is no big deal. But the taste is terrible. If people complain about the new Xtend taste, don't hold your breath on this one. You can still drink it, but you can still taste the powder and it would be at the bottom of my list taste wise.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadi
    Ok I got mine Today and tried it out in my intra drink. I used the scoop that comes with Xtend and added 2 scoops into my bottle as I have been with Xtend.

It had light clear brownish color, more like light dirty water than anything which is no big deal. But the taste is terrible. If people complain about the new Xtend taste, don't hold your breath on this one. You can still drink it, but you can still taste the powder and it would be at the bottom of my list taste wise.
    My order comes tomorrow, so I haven't tried the bulk powder yet; but having tasted the regular ModernBcaa before, I can't imagine the bulk tastes that bad! If it does I'll definitely confirm your post with a follow-up.
  11. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Answers

just ordered some! i chose the pick up at the store option, is it ok if i pick it up tomorrow and not today since i have already taken a lunch break for work?
  13. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by laserbluess View Post
    just ordered some! i chose the pick up at the store option, is it ok if i pick it up tomorrow and not today since i have already taken a lunch break for work?
    That shouldn't be a problem at all.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Answers

awesome! thanks
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Taste... Ummm not so good. What does everyone mix in with theirs to disguise the taste?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Answers

i just mix it with water. its not a terrible taste. not like im choking it down or anything. but its also a far cry from grape bubble gum flavor.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

i just mix it with water. its not a terrible taste. not like im choking it down or anything. but its also a far cry from grape bubble gum flavor.
    Yeah I have no idea where they get a "bubble gum" from but it's not horrible and I got used to it. 30 for an 8:1:1 mix with sustamine is still awesome flavor or not. Try throwing a packet of splenda in or some crystal light.
    :blindfold:
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Answers

good call on the crystal light. that thought didnt even occur to me. looks like im about to have 1000 grams of lemonade flavored BCAAs
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

good call on the crystal light. that thought didnt even occur to me. looks like im about to have 1000 grams of lemonade flavored BCAAs
    LOL no problem
    :blindfold:
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Answers

In lieu of using flavoring systems like that, I always just purchase cheap flavored BCAA products to use for flavoring, instead. I got in on the cheap $10 old Xtend sales and picked up quite a few flavors. I've been polishing off an old tub of the unflavored Modern BCAAs and mixing 2 scoops (10g) with 2-4 scoops of Xtend in my half-gallon jug of water. I haven't tried my tub from this bulk batch, so I can't comment on the flavor or if I'll need/decide to mix anything with it.

I just rock bulk BCAAs and then add in a scoop or two of one of the flavored products and you can get your intra-product for cheap and lasting a long time .
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

^^^^^
    Been doing that for years Xtend plus some Ajinomoto BCAA's
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  248 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    yes. if one tsp = 2g, then 10g = 5 tsp. I'll just use one of the scoops I have fron other stucc, I'm not going to measure. Its BCAA, it won't make a difference.
    tsp is for a tea spoon right ? , got another question how many CC in the spoon that comes with the regular modern bcaa ?
  23. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naseem View Post
    tsp is for a tea spoon right ? , got another question how many CC in the spoon that comes with the regular modern bcaa ?
    Often etched somewhere on the plastic scooper states it's volume. eg. 10cc . Or you might be able to figure it out from the label if it's measured in scoops
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  248 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Often etched somewhere on the plastic scooper states it's volume. eg. 10cc . Or you might be able to figure it out from the label if it's measured in scoops
    there is no plastic scooper , the label says 1 tsp 2 grs ! , so i guess 1 teaspoon about 5 cc gives 2 grs !
  25. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naseem View Post
    there is no plastic scooper , the label says 1 tsp 2 grs ! , so i guess 1 teaspoon about 5 cc gives 2 grs !
    Sounds accurate. BCAA is a light/less dense powder so 500mg per 1/4 tsp fits. More dense powders tend to be 750+mg/ 1/4 tsp.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Sounds accurate. BCAA is a light/less dense powder so 500mg per 1/4 tsp fits. More dense powders tend to be 750+mg/ 1/4 tsp.
    Hope all is well, Steve?
  27. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Hope all is well, Steve?
    Always Ike, it's been too long. My gmail is this same username if you wanted to get in touch
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

wish I had written it down when I looked at it this morning...but on the ModenBCAA scoop (normal sized tub), I want to say it's 18 cc's...I'll come back in with a ninja edit tomorrow morning to confirm...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schizm

wish I had written it down when I looked at it this morning...but on the ModenBCAA scoop (normal sized tub), I want to say it's 18 cc's...I'll come back in with a ninja edit tomorrow morning to confirm...
    yep. have mine at work... it's 18cc
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    yep. have mine at work... it 18cc
    well, well...score!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  31. Registered User
    Answers

ModernBCAA 8:1:1 is still available at $29.99 only for a full kilo of micronized pure awesomeness:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/u...bcaa-1-kg.html

Grab it while it lasts!
  32. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Look who it is!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

To nattydisaster

APOLOGY: I know this is unrelated, but I couldn't PM you and didn't know where to post!!!
    Hey, first off I'd like to just say thanks for all the helpful info you supply on this site. I have a couple questions about a stack I want to try and run. I was thinking of running "The Always Burning Fat Stack" i.e. OEP, A-T2, and Shift. You provided the dosing info on the "How to use SHIFT by PES" page, which was great. My questions were:
    1. How long would you run this stack?
    2. Would it work well w/a keto/lo-carb diet?
    3. What other supps would you add to this stack (ex. multi, fish oil, cla, etc.) and how would you dose them? (I'd also appreciate your suggestions as to specific brands (of multis, fish oils, clas, etc.)
    4. After finishing this stack, would you take any additional supplements? I've heard of people taking things like Lean Xtreme after finishing an Oxy+T2 stack and wasn't sure how you felt about this. You also mentioned 7-Keto DHEA in an old post?
    Sorry for being such a pain and having such specific questions, I just wanna run this stack with as much success as possible. Thanks for any and all help!!!
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Hey everyone, I had a quick question about timing of bcaa. I have understood a fair amount from reading through a couple pages in this thread and I am not sure why but I am new to BCAA. I had seen them talked about, but never ordered them until a month ago.

What I have recently been doing is making a one gallon jug with 12g in it and sipping on that throughout the day, and then I take 10g pre workout. I take a protein shake after my workout which has some in it already.
    Does that look okay, or should I change it up some?
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    Hey everyone, I had a quick question about timing of bcaa. I have understood a fair amount from reading through a couple pages in this thread and I am not sure why but I am new to BCAA. I had seen them talked about, but never ordered them until a month ago.

What I have recently been doing is making a one gallon jug with 12g in it and sipping on that throughout the day, and then I take 10g pre workout. I take a protein shake after my workout which has some in it already.
    Does that look okay, or should I change it up some?
    Looks fine. One suggestion would be not to consume the 10g completely pre-workout, but to start sipping on it about 15 minutes before your workout and continuing throughout. You might even increase this dose.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Looks fine. One suggestion would be not to consume the 10g completely pre-workout, but to start sipping on it about 15 minutes before your workout and continuing throughout. You might even increase this dose.
    Pretty much what i do!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Pretty much what i do!
    Awesome. Helps neutralize the oxidation of BCAAs as well as the suppression of protein-synthetic processes, both induced by resistance exercise.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

thanks for the advice.
    I gave it a go tonight and I went without my PWO for the first time in two months and I actually hit new personal best on deadlift, hang clean and jerk, and two other iso lifts.
    I actually felt really really good the whole workout, not sure if it was a mental thing or what, but I think sipping on the bcaa during the day and then I drank 20g pre/intra workout and I was able to go go go the whole time without any issues.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by indysoccer16 View Post
    thanks for the advice.
    I gave it a go tonight and I went without my PWO for the first time in two months and I actually hit new personal best on deadlift, hang clean and jerk, and two other iso lifts.
    I actually felt really really good the whole workout, not sure if it was a mental thing or what, but I think sipping on the bcaa during the day and then I drank 20g pre/intra workout and I was able to go go go the whole time without any issues.
    Great feedback! BCAAs induce pronounced improvements in endurance. In particular, BCAAs reduce the incidence of central fatigue syndrome during exercise. A key cause of this central fatigue is the over expression of tryptophan in the brain, leading to a high concentration of the neurotransmitter S-hydroxytryptamine in some neurons. As both tryptophan and BCAAs are shuttled into the brain by the so-called large amino-acid transporter, the consumption of BCAAs pre- or during exercise acts to limit the uptake of tryptophan into the brain, leading to less fatigue.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Look who it is!
    Hope all is well, buddy!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  2. Run Your Car on Salt Water - Video - Pretty damn cool!
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
  3. Pretty damn creepy!
    By Konvicted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 01:59 PM
  4. Video: The perfect girl (pretty damn funny)
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 10:14 AM
  5. Who sells NYC?
    By Nelson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2003, 08:05 AM