Bulking in a Ketogenic State

cory0475

cory0475

Awards
Hey guys right now im dieting for a show using a ketogenic diet. Through doing some research I found that while in CKD you body has an elevated serum levels of testosterone, HGH, and IGF-1. I was wondering if you if you could bulk on this diet that way you have continuously elevated serum levels? Of course not be in a caloric deficit. But up the fat intake above maintenance levels. Also I understand that in this diet you have decreased glycogen levels so the diet would have to be a mix of a CKD and a TKD diet. Then last to deal with insulin. First you would have a spike of insulin from the carbs refeed day and the post workout carbs. This would help shuttle amino acids and glycogen into the muscle. Also through out the day take a L-Luesine supplement, because leusine is known for its ability to stimulate insulin release and increase protien synthesis. Does anyone have any reasoning on why this wouldnt work? Im not concerned about keeping my bf% low. I just want the elevated serum levels for better gains.

Ambizione

Ambizione

Awards
I am doing a keto diet as well, and yes of course you can bulk on keto. Check out Dave Palumbos keto bulking diet, I am doing his keto cutting diet. Feel free to check out my (think its possible) log. Good luck

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Hey guys right now im dieting for a show using a ketogenic diet. Through doing some research I found that while in CKD you body has an elevated serum levels of testosterone, HGH, and IGF-1. I was wondering if you if you could bulk on this diet that way you have continuously elevated serum levels? Of course not be in a caloric deficit. But up the fat intake above maintenance levels. Also I understand that in this diet you have decreased glycogen levels so the diet would have to be a mix of a CKD and a TKD diet. Then last to deal with insulin. First you would have a spike of insulin from the carbs refeed day and the post workout carbs. This would help shuttle amino acids and glycogen into the muscle. Also through out the day take a L-Luesine supplement, because leusine is known for its ability to stimulate insulin release and increase protien synthesis. Does anyone have any reasoning on why this wouldnt work? Im not concerned about keeping my bf% low. I just want the elevated serum levels for better gains.
It's hard to get more of an already great thing. Gain muscle while losing fat with igf and test up. I don't see the point in bulking. Putting on fat. That seems all but a waste to me. I never bulk simply because ckd says you don't have to. Clean cut CKD all the way. Just my opinion.

cory0475

cory0475

Awards
After my bodybuilding competition ill give it a try and post my results.

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Yeah I was thinking when walking to class today about your perspective more than my own. In terms of bulking it would seem like the most legitimate bulk because of the increase in serum levels of both test and igf. And as with all cutting or caloric deficiencies, there is supposed muscle loss. I've never noticed it on ckd. BUT, if scientifically, it says that not all muscle will be preserved while on a cut, no matter what the diet, then bulking on this diet would prob see better results in muscle mass. That's if science holds true and in a lot of cases I've seen, science has simply failed due to inconsistencies. My 2 cents.

bboyflash

Awards
You can man, it's all about personal prefrence. I personally eat ckd year round and I find it gain more lbm than standard protocols. A calorie surplus is all tha matters if you're worried about rapid fat gain simply ramp up your calories slow look into ud2.0 mass variant for reference hope this helps

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yup, CKD all the way. I always lose fat and get gains on a CKD, pretty noticeable recomp effect. I'm going to try to keep it up year round as well now to keep up lean gains.