Looking for some criticism

stoowee

Awards
I am 5'7 and 174 lbs, created a workout program and was wondering if there are any obvious mistakes I am making. I been lifting on and off for a couple years, but I'm always looking to learn more, and this is my first program that I made my self. I take Optimum nutrition whey protein, Creatine monohydrate, multivitamin, and NO X-plode. My diet is pretty balanced with lots of whole grains, lean meats, and some good fats. My goal is kind of a hybrid purpose, that might be a mistake in itself, but I was hoping this program would add some mass(like 10 more lbs), but mainly tone up and possibly trim some fat off. So here's the routine:

WEEK 1: 2 sets/10-15 reps
MON(legs)-squat, stiff leg dead lift, leg press, calf raises, leg extensions, hamstring curls

TUE(chest,tri)- flat barbell bench press, incline BB bench press, decline smith press, db flys, skull crushers, overhead db extensions, rope pulldown, close grip bench press

WED(back)- deadlift, reverse bent over row, pulley row, pull ups, lat pulldown

THUR(biceps)- standing EZ bar curl, incline db curl, reverse EZ bar curl, preacher curls, db curls

FRI(shoulders)- military press, BB upright row, front db raises, side db raises
Rest on sat/sun

Week 2: 3 sets/8-10 reps
Week 3: 4 sets/6-8 reps
Week 4: 4 sets/4-6 reps
Week 5: repeat sets/reps cycle for another 4 weeks starting with week 1 again

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
if I were you Id combine back and biceps (and reduce the biceps volume slightly) and take thursday off. Also you have no trap work, add in some traps with shoulders, some hang cleans and barbell/db shrugs should work fine.

Another thing, your hybrid concept is kind of flawed. You lift to get bigger and stronger, you can do extra cardio to help you tone up, but overall your workout looks fine.

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
I have tried to train hard for 5 days in a row each week. I would get so broke down by Thurs that I felt like a 90yr old man.....If you're off and on, just don't get burnt out. Overtraining can lead to just as many mental excuses as physical excuses for skipping for the day. Legs on Monday could make your legs hurt all week-I myself can't wait 7 days between leg workouts....I just get too sore. If you can, then great. Just be truthful to yourself. Main thing is to not ever stop!

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Changing the workout routine will be give some different results, check this out.