Chris Leben v. Alessio Sakara added to UFC82

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Sakara taking a fight 2 months after his last win. Thats pretty aggressive.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What? Sakara = 205, Leben = 185 or maybe 170 if the rumors of him moving down are true.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sakara said he was going down to MW after his last fight. Leben is staying at MW for now. I think Leben would have trouble making WW, big ol waterhead.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Size, are you implying that someone is starting an excessive amount of threads to report completely trivial news? Hard to believe.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Sakara, i think they are both aggressive fighters and should make a good fight.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Leben has been more tentative of late though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hopefully will be a slugfest that lasts all of 2 minutes. Leben to me is all but unwatchable at times

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
His last fight v. Terry Martin was exciting as all hell.... I'm suprised you would say that.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will tell you what it is, Leben can take a beating, but seems a bit talentless. He is a blown up bar room brawler imo. I agree the Martin fight was fun from a fireworks perspective, however if you watch the fights for any technical skill, you will be utterly disappointed

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Same with Griffin/Bonnar. Yet people argue it was the best MMA fight ever.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, it is all the new fans based off of TUF. No disrespect to many of those guys, but they are non technical brawlers (Leben being a prime example). Dont get me wrong, some of those guys are real solid (Danzig, Stevenson, Kos, just to name a few), however many are just brawlers.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am with you. The modern UFC is very much about personalities. It seems that people like forest (who is tough, but not a great fighter in his own words) get pushed to the top as poster boy while other technical guys from the show toil away

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people are picking Forrest to beat Rampage.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant see that at all. It is a bad matchup for forrest imo. Page is strong, athletic and has solid standup. He can slug it out with forrest but moving forrest around grappling will be no problem for page. I see it lasting 2rds with Page via tko

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Thats how I see it also. Forrest has a gas tank... but in all aspects of the game Rampage is much more solid. Wrestling, Subs, Guard, and Striking. Not to say Forrest hasn't improved. But I don't think he is ready for a belt test.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I am with you. The modern UFC is very much about personalities. It seems that people like forest (who is tough, but not a great fighter in his own words) get pushed to the top as poster boy while other technical guys from the show toil away
Older Forrest just slugged it out, but recently he's become a lot more technical.

He'll get dominated by Page, though.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just dont see him being technical enough. Hell I think if Shogun was 100% he would have beaten forrest, and I see a few other guys at 205 who would beat him

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thats how I see it also. Forrest has a gas tank... but in all aspects of the game Rampage is much more solid. Wrestling, Subs, Guard, and Striking. Not to say Forrest hasn't improved. But I don't think he is ready for a belt test.
Subs and Guard? Do tell.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Subs can come from all angles (Standing, top, bottom). Guard can only be pulled from the back.. and it is utilized by controlling the opponent from your back not allowing him to pass your legs for a more dominant position thus minimizing the damage you take and either working to finish from your back or to stall for a standup. There are many types of guard. Closed, Open, Rubber, Butterfly and etc. All used differently to do different things.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alex was asking you to explain the comment in reference to 'Page. Wow.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alex is telling you to explain how 'Page has great subs and guard, something he hasn't necessarily displayed in the past.

The dude's the FortyYear Old Virgin of MMA. I'm pretty sure he knows what subs and/or guard is.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rampage is a fricken clown, I love that guy. His behind the scenes stuff from the DVD's are too hilarious.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Honest misunderstanding on my part.

Just because he doesn't utilize them in fights doesn't mean they aren't there or world class at that.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That may be true, but 'Page only has 4 legitimate subs, with two being a choke and the others being armbars or kimuras I believe. Last I recall they were against cans as well. His other submissions are verbal taps.

If you have some insider info that his grappling/subs are world class, I would consider that, but he definitely has not displayed it up to this point. In the Hendo fight his guard was tight and active, but not active to the point where I would say it's world class. He controlled Hendo's position well in side control and neutralized his posture in both top and bottom position guard, but he attempted no subs, whereas Hendo went for a few Kimuras.

I would have no issue agreeing his wrestling is world class - it takes world class wrestling to negate the wrestling skills of a former Olympian, but that's wrestling and not BJJ.

My experience tells me that if his subs were world class, he would have gone for some attempts in side control, but he did not.

But, if you have info that speaks otherwise, maybe it's valid.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Let me try and dig up some vids of his seminars when I get some time. Obviously we have a few months before the fight. Hes not a WIZARD or anything... but he is much better than Forrest.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could agree on that, but then again I'm not a big Forrest believer. Beating a gassed and unmotivated Shogun does not a title contender make. I'd much rather be discussing how Shogun is going to KO 'Page in Thai Clinch again. :twisted:

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Forrest is a hard worker. But there are some people that have it and some that do not. He is a do not.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. He's unbelievably motivated but lacks raw talent.

I think the fight is going to end in a KO. Forrest will open an exchange with a straight or looping shot, and stay in the pocket too long. 'Page ducks under and hits him with a cross, either hand, swinging back upwards.

Either that or the other one million ways a fight could end.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My computer must be twisted, the only thing I saw was a quick takedown demonstration and some promotional video. I have a Mac though.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Its just a vid that I knew of really quick. I dont have time to actually search hard for anything right now as I am working,.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Classic sign of a douche bag: assuming everyone is an idiot, with plenty of proof in front of you to prove otherwise. Whatever, I guess I'll pass on that sh*t. Mullet said it best, WOW!

From watching them both fight for the last 7 years or so, their is no way you can give a definitive advantage to either as far as Guard and Subs go. If anything I would give a slight edge to Forrest, he's been there more(experience is huge) and he's a spaz down there, in a good way. Your guard has to be pretty good to do so well against Tito, Shogun, etc. Forrest also has far more subs than Rampage. I don't think Forrest has an incredible guard, but it's 'proven' to be pretty good. Rampage's guard is untested, it could be great, it could suck, but we can't just assume it's the sh*t. Regardless it's not like he'll use it much obviously. Rampage is el gato grande, hard to put that fool on his back and keep him there.

I think this fight is closer than most think. Page has KO power, he could end it quick. Forrest's boxing is improving at a rapid pace. I can easily see this fight turning into a boxing match, which I do think Page will eventually win.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Classic sign of a douche bag: assuming everyone is an idiot, with plenty of proof in front of you to prove otherwise. Whatever, I guess I'll pass on that sh*t. Mullet said it best, WOW!

From watching them both fight for the last 7 years or so, their is no way you can give a definitive advantage to either as far as Guard and Subs go. If anything I would give a slight edge to Forrest, he's been there more(experience is huge) and he's a spaz down there, in a good way. Your guard has to be pretty good to do so well against Tito, Shogun, etc. Forrest also has far more subs than Rampage. I don't think Forrest has an incredible guard, but it's 'proven' to be pretty good. Rampage's guard is untested, it could be great, it could suck, but we can't just assume it's the sh*t. Regardless it's not like he'll use it much obviously. Rampage is el gato grande, hard to put that fool on his back and keep him there.

I think this fight is closer than most think. Page has KO power, he could end it quick. Forrest's boxing is improving at a rapid pace. I can easily see this fight turning into a boxing match, which I do think Page will eventually win.
Weird... I admit to making an honest mistake and I still get ****ing bashed. Some of you people are ****ing unreal.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm as real as it gets(isn't that the UFC slogan or something?), that's the part you don't like. How would you like it if you were at your job that you had been doing for years and some obnoxious new guy starts working there. He's been there for a few weeks, long enough to tell that you're capable of doing your job, probably much better than he is. Then he comes in and tells you the most basic sh*t you've ever heard, as if he's telling you some groundbreaking sh*t. Not sure how you'd react, but you should be bothered by that, it's obnoxious. Not the end of the world, but enough for me to rightfully rip you.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I'm as real as it gets(isn't that the UFC slogan or something?), that's the part you don't like. How would you like it if you were at your job that you had been doing for years and some obnoxious new guy starts working there. He's been there for a few weeks, long enough to tell that you're capable of doing your job, probably much better than he is. Then he comes in and tells you the most basic sh*t you've ever heard, as if he's telling you some groundbreaking sh*t. Not sure how you'd react, but you should be bothered by that, it's obnoxious.
It wasn't a matter of talking down. The way you phrased it read to me how it read. Had you chose to be a little more extensive in your question I can imagine it would have garnered a different response... but hell, that's just me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It wasn't a matter of talking down. The way you phrased it read to me how it read. Had you chose to be a little more extensive in your question I can imagine it would have garnered a different response... but hell, that's just me.
Oh man. I phrased the question that way, because I felt saying Rampage had a better guard and subs than Forrest needed an explanation. Figured you'd be able to put that together. Maybe that was my bad, I'll try to be more thorough when I speak to you. But did you really think I didn't know what Submissions and The Guard are? Justify that one, Abominable one.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Honestly.... you wouldn't believe how many times I have had to explain that.

I'm not calling anyone an idiot nor did I act like you were an idiot in my response.

I don't know any of you and I'm just dishing any info I can. I don;t really think there is much harm in it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Of course you have to explain that to people, only people that are new to the sport though. We've conversed plenty enough for you to realize that I know a sh*tload about MMA? Really, I was like 95% sure you were kidding. Whatever man, I appreciate all the info you provide and scoring that you do, so thanks.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Realistically... the only person who I have recognize having dialogue with is Mullet, but that's cause he is a ****.

Was not my intent to offend.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
So you just don't remember sh*t? Ever seen the movie 'Memento', you might be living it. You don't even remember me dogging Captain Miserable, come on. Just fvckin with ya, carry on.

size

Awards
  • Established
To consider Rampage "world class" in wrestling or jj is ridiculous.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in terms of wrestling at 205 I would love to see someone who has beaten him in that aspect. Even Henderson couldnt do it