Chris Leben v. Alessio Sakara added to UFC82

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
That's where I make my points. He doesn't compete in either by itself. But I can't think of anyone who is better at either in his weight class for MMA/

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
It would be interesting to see what Couture would do with Page wrestling-wise at 205, but Page has out-muscled explosive dudes like Arona and Randleman.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
It would be interesting to see what Couture would do with Page wrestling-wise at 205, but Page has out-muscled explosive dudes like Arona and Randleman.
His camp also maintains that his BJJ os amazing, but he only uses it for defense.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's where I make my points. He doesn't compete in either by itself. But I can't think of anyone who is better at either in his weight class for MMA/
Wrestling, I might agree, but BJJ, no way. Arona, Lil Nog, and plenty of others are better than him at BJJ, even in MMA.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I am not mistaken, Arona was doing well with him prior to the brutal slam. I would agree that from a BJJ standpoint alone Arona and Lil Nog are better, but IMO they fight in a cage now Page beats both of them

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If I am not mistaken, Arona was doing well with him prior to the brutal slam. I would agree that from a BJJ standpoint alone Arona and Lil Nog are better, but IMO they fight in a cage now Page beats both of them
Oh, I agree with that Reap, but like you said from a BJJ standpoint they are both better than him, and that was the issue at hand.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
No, I get your point, I'm mildly psychic. You're saying Rampage has great BJJ, but he only needs to use it for defense. That's great, but Lil Nog and Arona still have better BJJ than him, even as it pertains to MMA.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Then why didn't arona finish him if Rampage's Defense wasn't as good as Arona's offense?

He never fought little Nog to my knowledge so I got nothin there.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The two of you are arguing over different points. Alexander's issue was the issue of calling Rampage's wrestling or JJ skills world class. In that, from a disciplined and technical point of view from either disciplines (wrestling or JJ) Rampage shouldn't be considered world class. I agree that the fighters Alexander brought up are better disciplined at their respective strong points of either wrestling or JJ., then Rampage is. However, Mouth's point was that Rampage's wrestling and JJ are world class in the sense that he can dominate world class wrestling & JJ guys in the MMA arena.

At least that's what I've deciphered, no offense if I've misplaced words in your mouth. Just trying to bring some clarification.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I could answer that question directly, but instead I'll pose this one: Crocop is a better striker than Nog, so why didn't Crocop finish him with strikes? It's just ridiculous, think about it. Their's many elements to a fight, obviously, I thought. Just because Arona got slammed by Rampage doesn't mean he doesn't have superior BJJ. The way Rampage defended the triangle wasn't typical BJJ defense, it was brute fvcking force.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The two of you are arguing over different points. Alexander's issue was the issue of calling Rampage's wrestling or JJ skills world class. In that, from a disciplined and technical point of view from either disciplines (wrestling or JJ) Rampage shouldn't be considered world class. I agree that the fighters Alexander brought up are better disciplined at their respective strong points of either wrestling or JJ., then Rampage is. However, Mouth's point was that Rampage's wrestling and JJ are world class in the sense that he can dominate world class wrestling & JJ guys in the MMA arena.

At least that's what I've deciphered, no offense if I've misplaced words in your mouth. Just trying to bring some clarification.
Go re-read the thread. I'm not confused, some of the thoughts you're attaching to me are Size's or someone elses. I even clarified that I knew what he was getting at(which he didn't directly express) a few posts back.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Arona doesn't sub anyone really, in MMA or ADCC. He just controls position well.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Arona doesn't sub anyone really, in MMA or ADCC. He just controls position well.
He still has better BJJ in MMA than Rampage. Look at all the BJJ he's displayed in MMA, taking peoples backs, advancing position, punishing from a dominant position that he gained from using BJJ passes. Rampage is a beast, but I still think Arona has better BJJ and so does Lil Nog. As a side note, Arona had Rampage in his guard and punished him, Page may have been sleeping for a second.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Alexander I can;t argue that point. It is a fight I would certainly like to see again.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Jas, I'm about to go downstairs and pull 275 off 1 foot.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alexander I can;t argue that point. It is a fight I would certainly like to see again.
Yeah, I'd like to see that again for sure. Is Arona fighting in M-1 at the next event?

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Next M-1 event will be here in Illinois (Allstate Arena in Rosemont IL). I was talking to Monte yesterday about Eilers/Imes or Pendergarst headlining my next event here so I tried to get info from him. Only thing I could ger him to admit was to Fedor/Schilt and Aleks/Barnett. I really miss PRIDE.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What is your event called, and when is it? I miss Pride too. When are they gonna bring over some of the japanese LW's? I wanna see Penn/Aoki, Sakurai/Stevenson, Sherk/Gomi, etc.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
What is your event called, and when is it? I miss Pride too. When are they gonna bring over some of the japanese LW's? I wanna see Penn/Aoki, Sakurai/Stevenson, Sherk/Gomi, etc.
This will actually be the first show I matchmake on my own. Some guys from NJ are coming here and want me to run it. I'll get 12% of the gate if we go thru with it. Shows name is "Batai-K" and I'll probably hold it in the Hard Rock. This is just my test run as the gym I am with wants me to do this for them starting in October. So if I can do my trial run with free money I figure I may as well.

Aoki just signed a fight recently... but the opponent is slipping me.

UFC dropped the ball on Gomi early this week actually. Don't have any insider info on why though. But that deal as of Tue seems highly unlikely.

Nick Thompson also turned down a UFC offer because World Victory Road and HCF both came in with better offers.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Let us know how your event is coming along. Roughly when would this even be?

That sucks, I hope they get Gomi, or maybe Gomi can go to EliteXC. What org did Aoki sign a fight with?

Does Thompson fight at WW or MW now?

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Let us know how your event is coming along. Roughly when would this even be?

That sucks, I hope they get Gomi, or maybe Gomi can go to EliteXC. What org did Aoki sign a fight with?

Does Thompson fight at WW or MW now?
WW. Watching him toss Neer around like a rag doll in Osceola Iowa is something I will never forget.

My event would probably be first week of April.

Who would Gomi fight in EliteXC =P

Aoki signed to fight JZ.... but I remember hearing JZ might be hurt? I forget what org though... maybe M-1. It was right after the Yarrenoka *sp* event that this was dropped.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, what ever happened to the original thread topic lol.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
JZ/Aoki was supposed to be on NYE, but JZ was injured so Aoki fought that judo guy. Maybe the fight was just postponed, and will be on the next card.

I'd much rather see Gomi in the UFC, but re-match with Diaz, Noons, Alvarez. I'd love to see Semtex drop to 10 pounds and fight Gomi.

Thompson is a huge WW.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
JZ/Aoki was supposed to be on NYE, but JZ was injured so Aoki fought that judo guy. Maybe the fight was just postponed, and will be on the next card.

I'd much rather see Gomi in the UFC, but re-match with Diaz, Noons, Alvarez. I'd love to see Semtex drop to 10 pounds and fight Gomi.

Thompson is a huge WW.
The Goat openly admitted today he doesnt feel he could hang with GSP right now.

Gomi is severly overrated in my eyes and off the juice he has no strength. I think Noons would beat him on the feet.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Goat openly admitted today he doesnt feel he could hang with GSP right now.

Gomi is severly overrated in my eyes and off the juice he has no strength. I think Noons would beat him on the feet.
I've always thought Gomi was more of a ground guy, even though he won most of his fights on his feet. I can't really tell how good Gomi is. A lot of his knock outs "SEEEM" to be random, wild punches (don't jump on me if I'm way off, I said seem).

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
People rave about his stand up. I dont see anything thats amazing.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Gomi just hits hard and has a good chin, nothing spectacular, IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan too, and he always has a chance by swinging for the fences like he does. Can't wait to see "the fireball kid" back in action.

WhoDey

WhoDey

Awards
I like Chris Leben.. This guy is crazy.. He was awesome on the 1st show..

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Next M-1 event will be here in Illinois (Allstate Arena in Rosemont IL). I was talking to Monte yesterday about Eilers/Imes or Pendergarst headlining my next event here so I tried to get info from him. Only thing I could ger him to admit was to Fedor/Schilt and Aleks/Barnett. I really miss PRIDE.
Fvck yeah, I'm there. :head: Maybe I'll boo Fedor for Alex, but cheer Aleks' bunny-hopping, of course. :twisted:

I saw some rumors about HCF and it looked like they might have some interesting fights planned.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to boo the greatest living human being?

What did you hear about HCF? Have you been talking with the matchmaker or the promoters?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to boo the greatest living human being?

What did you hear about HCF? Have you been talking with the matchmaker or the promoters?
OK, I won't boo, unless Van Damme is with him. :nono:

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I saw it on Sherdog.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
OK, I won't boo, unless Van Damme is with him. :nono:

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I saw it on Sherdog.
That was very informative. You were supposed to go along with my joke.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That was very informative. You were supposed to go along with my joke.
Your joke was weak so I ignored it. Try a Benoit reference next time, or MY "studio lifter" jokes. :twisted:

Where are all your reps coming from? Your AMSpace friends? :lol:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Chris Leben.. This guy is crazy.. He was awesome on the 1st show..
Agree 1000% this dude puts his heart on his sleeve. I hope he kicks ass. If anything he's fun to watch.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Agree 1000% this dude puts his heart on his sleeve. I hope he kicks ass. If anything he's fun to watch.
You just like him cause he looks like you:twisted:

Speak of the devil, Ito!