Serra Injured, Off UFC 79 Card - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Serra Injured, Off UFC 79 Card

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

fitch was not kept out...... he chose not to take the fight from what has been said. HE said he couldnt cut in that amount of time.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    See, this is yet another reason why I don't really care for TUF- it puts off important matches for too long. So much so this time that one of the fighters got hurt and is now off the fight card.

Bravo, Zuffa. Way to milk a tired format to the point of absurdity.

Hughes-GSP 3? I'm thrilled. How fast is GSP going to KO his ass this time? Will he play with him like a cat playing with a mouse, just like last time, or will he just demolish him in 10 seconds flat?

OR maybe, GSP will decide to submit him.

Ooooo! I'm so excited, thinking of all the ways GSP will mandhandle Hughes again.

I was so looking forward to Serra-Hughes, but now I've got to watch GSP turn Hughes into a punching bag again.

And yet again, Fitch is kept out of a key matchup, even though there's nobody more deserving than him.

Can I get a what, what?
    Well, well, the Barnacle returns. Spewing hate for a wrestler who can't always finish. Let's see if Hughes and Sherk can take this prediction seriously.

3. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Well, well, the Barnacle returns. Spewing hate for a wrestler who can't always finish. Let's see if Hughes and Sherk can take this prediction seriously.

Another internet MMA fan comes in dangling from the sack of GSP. jas of course jumps on the other testicle in glee.

Dont forget the justified reasoning Hughes was happy about the love of your life GSP losing. He would get a shorter road back to a title shot and get to fight a person he genuinely dislikes. He would be an idiot to not be incredibly happy about GSP losing since it meant his chances of getting the belt back increased probobly 400%.

Edit:

Lets not forget he finishes fights 78% of the time.
    41 Wins
    14 (T)KOs (34.15%)
    18 Submissions (43.90%)
    9 Decisions (21.95%)
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Another internet MMA fan comes in dangling from the sack of GSP. jas of course jumps on the other testicle in glee.
    Don't you sass mouth me, mister!

I don't hang from GSP's sack. Far from it.

I hang from Sherk's sack.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Dont forget the justified reasoning Hughes was happy about the love of your life GSP losing. He would get a shorter road back to a title shot and get to fight a person he genuinely dislikes. He would be an idiot to not be incredibly happy about GSP losing since it meant his chances of getting the belt back increased probobly 400%.

Edit:

Lets not forget he finishes fights 78% of the time.
    41 Wins
    14 (T)KOs (34.15%)
    18 Submissions (43.90%)
    9 Decisions (21.95%)

I guess that went over your head, Norris. The "wrestler who can't finish" comment was a jab at Savage for his Sherk love while playing on misconception that Hughes as an LnPer. The clip was Hughes sarcastically responding to Savages' prediction, but really it was a replacement for the fact that I couldn't a clip of Hughes armbarring the sh!t out of GSP.

A country boy will survive.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    See, this is yet another reason why I don't really care for TUF- it puts off important matches for too long. So much so this time that one of the fighters got hurt and is now off the fight card.

Bravo, Zuffa. Way to milk a tired format to the point of absurdity.

Hughes-GSP 3? I'm thrilled. How fast is GSP going to KO his ass this time? Will he play with him like a cat playing with a mouse, just like last time, or will he just demolish him in 10 seconds flat?

OR maybe, GSP will decide to submit him.

Ooooo! I'm so excited, thinking of all the ways GSP will mandhandle Hughes again.

I was so looking forward to Serra-Hughes, but now I've got to watch GSP turn Hughes into a punching bag again.

And yet again, Fitch is kept out of a key matchup, even though there's nobody more deserving than him.

Can I get a what, what?
    They should only offer betting lines on the method GSP will win. In all seriousness however, I don't see how, and this is assuming all things being equal, you 'country boys' honestly give Hughes a shot. Their last fight made Hughes look minor league. It was a pathetic showing on his part.
  7. Banned
    Answers

I guess that went over your head, Norris. The "wrestler who can't finish" comment was a jab at Savage for his Sherk love while playing on misconception that Hughes as an LnPer. The clip was Hughes sarcastically responding to Savages' prediction, but really it was a replacement for the fact that I couldn't a clip of Hughes armbarring the sh!t out of GSP.

Yeah I did assume the non finisher was about Sherk and I didnt know about anyones love for Sherk.

I can make a gif of Hughes arm barring GSP if you want. Might take me a couple days, but I can make almost any gif you need.
  8. Elite Member
    Answers

I'd love to spit some beachnut in that dudes eyes.
  9. Elite Member
    Answers

Yeah I did assume the non finisher was about Sherk and I didnt know about anyones love for Sherk.

I can make a gif of Hughes arm barring GSP if you want. Might take me a couple days, but I can make almost any gif you need.
    Can you make a gif of me taking a dump on your head?
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Only if you pay like Hans and Gunther do. CNorris does not do schize for free.
  11. Banned
    Answers

No I only do golden showers but no cleveland steamers. I take neither from guys though.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Actually the reference had more to do with the mindset of having a deep hatred for America than your sexual preference. San Fransisco is not only the capital of gays, but also the capital of delusion and inferior thought processes. I do find it alarming you first got defensive about your sexual preference though.
    The fact that you found it alarming is truly the most alarming point.

Don't be afraid of Mullet, embrace him for the challenge he brings to you. He is obviously challenging you.

Everyone appreciates diverse opinions if it leads up to an enlightening debate, but once you start slewing personal attacks (in an MMA thread, how rare) it becomes very hard to take anyone involved seriously.

This really shouldn't be such a charged forum, it's not like it's a Political thread..

Mullet, bring me BP's undies or your spa privileges are suspended.
  13. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post

Don't be afraid of Mullet, embrace him for the challenge he brings to you. He is obviously challenging you.

Everyone appreciates diverse opinions if it leads up to an enlightening debate, but once you start slewing personal attacks (in an MMA thread, how rare) it becomes very hard to take anyone involved seriously.

This really shouldn't be such a charged forum, it's not like it's a Political thread..

He is stereotyping rural hicks so I stereotyped him as the typical urban hippy douche that hates hicks. The attacks arent personal since we dont take it to serious and neither should you.
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

He is stereotyping rural hicks so I stereotyped him as the typical urban hippy douche that hates hicks. The attacks arent personal since we dont take it to serious and neither should you.
    Well, I may interject here I am more 'country hick' than you assume, relative to spatial proximity. I was actually born in a rural Alberta town, Irvine. I merely ostracize you based on that fact because you are quite critical of any individual, ideology and/or lifestyle which does not fit your American prototype; and because you are the easiest target in here and get defensive rather easily..lol
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

BP's undies are mine and that is final. We arranged a trade for those nude photos of you in drag and you never followed through. I.e., deals off until I receive a higher-rank in the Snuggle Club.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

All of this nonsense over the fact Hughes is going to get killed? How silly..... HE stands little chance if a fully rested and healthy GSP is there. Then of course, GSP will exact his revenge on Serra. BTW I am no GSP fan, but rational is rational
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. Elite Member
    Answers

I don't know if Hughes' chances are that small. If he can get through the first 2 rounds, his chances increase greatly. Don't get me wrong, I'm picking GSP, but I think it will be a good fight.

Cnorris>Snuggle Club
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I don't know if Hughes' chances are that small. If he can get through the first 2 rounds, his chances increase greatly. Don't get me wrong, I'm picking GSP, but I think it will be a good fight.

Cnorris>Snuggle Club
    Want to make a wager?
  19. Elite Member
    Answers

Of course, what's the bet?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Et Tu Alexander? CNorris > Snuggle Club?

Hey, how many of you guys on this thread wear those trendy played the **** out Affliction shirts or their clones? I'm betting at least 20% of you yarbos do. Own up.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Hey, how many of you guys on this thread wear those trendy played the **** out Affliction shirts or their clones? I'm betting at least 20% of you yarbos do. Own up.
    I can't stand Affliction/Xtreme Couture/Tapout apparel. It is a sign of high doucheness to me.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Answers

Word to the douchebaggery. Hey Rodja, I'm going to PM you about some of my training.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Of course, what's the bet?
    I'm ****ing with you. Even I don't give Hughes a good chance of winning.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'd love to spit some beachnut in that dudes eyes.
    at beachnut.
  25. Elite Member
    Answers

I'm ****ing with you. Even I don't give Hughes a good chance of winning.
    Then why don't you get that horrible Hughes avitar the **** outta here?
  26. Elite Member
    Answers

No offense man, just ****ing with Mullet. I don't know much about the snuggle club, but it has to be better than the banana squad. You'd have to linger in the MMA section for a while to understand Cnorris. We enjoy his company despite him being the most abrasive sumofa***** in town.

No pretentious MMA gear on this nuthugger. Beowulf is another story, that guy is the long lost member of the Tapout Crew.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'm supporting Illinois and tough SOBs. Hughes sought out the toughest in his weight class to fight. Did Fedor do that?

CNorris, let's get that armbar clip made and post it in every thread.
  28. Elite Member
    Answers

I'm supporting Illinois and tough SOBs. Hughes sought out the toughest in his weight class to fight. Did Fedor do that?

CNorris, let's get that armbar clip made and post it in every thread.
    Yeah, he already beat him twice, his name is Big Nog. You must've forgot about that clip you posted of Hughes and Sherk giggling like schoolgirls, because Hughes knew he would get an easier opponent. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not hating on Hughes for that, only because of his prick like maneurisms. Do you remember how he was on season 3? of TUF, how he treated Rashad, the guy is definitely a prick, albeit a tough as hell prick. I don't understand how people think Serra is a **** for pointing out the obvious.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

It was Season 2. Rashad was a jackass for dancing like he did, but I remember Hughes over-reacting as well. I'd have to rewatch the episodes because the TUF awesomeness is all a blur.

I don't think Serra's a prick. I just find him annoying. He's loud, obnoxious Jersey dude, and I don't find it funny when he makes fun of Hughes (and does it constantly). It seems more like he's jealous of hughes to me. If he was funnier about it, I'd definitely laugh.
  30. Elite Member
    Answers

Serra hasn't been very funny. It was pretty funny after Hughes' teams 4th or 5th loss they show Serra saying what a prick Hughes is and that he's probably beating the crap out of his team for losing, then they show Hughes beating up his fighters. When Hughes was trying to get his team to have bible study that really pissed me off. Pressing that on people is obnoxious.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

When Hughes was trying to get his team to have bible study that really pissed me off. Pressing that on people is obnoxious.
    No doubt.
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I think Hughes may have to rely on his greater (assuming) sub skills in this fight. GSP is a superior wrestler to Hughes, I do not think that is in question, despite Hughes' pedigree. However, maybe that armbar still lingers in GSP's head. Though his manhandling of Hughes in II speaks to the opposite.
  33. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I think Hughes may have to rely on his greater (assuming) sub skills in this fight. GSP is a superior wrestler to Hughes, I do not think that is in question, despite Hughes' pedigree. However, maybe that armbar still lingers in GSP's head. Though his manhandling of Hughes in II speaks to the opposite.
    I have thought since the beginning that Hughes will have to get another arm bar to finish the fight.

This will not be another Hughes vs GSP II an anyone that thinks GSP will win that easy again is stupid. Its going to be a good fight and I guarantee Hughes comes in much stronger than last time they fought.
  34. Elite Member
    Answers

I have thought since the beginning that Hughes will have to get another arm bar to finish the fight.

This will not be another Hughes vs GSP II an anyone that thinks GSP will win that easy again is stupid. Its going to be a good fight and I guarantee Hughes comes in much stronger than last time they fought.
    I could see him pounding out a worn down GSP, but I think GSP will finish before he slows. Not saying GSP doesn't have great conditioning, but I think Hughes is a little better, and he's been in plenty of 4+round fights.

edit: Hughes has only been in 3, 4+round bouts(Newton,Sakurai,and Sherk), better than none.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I could see him pounding out a worn down GSP, but I think GSP will finish before he slows. Not saying GSP doesn't have great conditioning, but I think Hughes is a little better, and he's been in plenty of 4+round fights.
    Yeah Hughes conditioning is solid as hell. He tried forever to take BJ down with no success (which really tires you) and then sat in an inverted triangle for 30 seconds only to come out fresh in the third round.

I don't think this will look anything like the second fight either. Hughes had to have learned not to trade with GSP and will be trying relentlessly for the takedown. On the ground, if they go there, it will be interesting to see what happens.

So GSP-Hughes >>>>>> Wandy-Chuck. Everyone seems to have lost interest in the latter despite it being the headliner (I think). I guess it's too unpredictable after the recent losses.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

edit: Hughes has only been in 3, 4+round bouts(Newton,Sakurai,and Sherk), better than none.
    Those fights were a while back, though. Also, with Newton and Sakurai, Hughes wouldn't be fighting someone roughly his size and Sherk has only a fraction of the stand-up as GSP. Hughes is just not quick enough to keep up with GSP.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Elite Member
    Answers

Yeah Hughes conditioning is solid as hell. He tried forever to take BJ down with no success (which really tires you) and then sat in an inverted triangle for 30 seconds only to come out fresh in the third round.

I don't think this will look anything like the second fight either. Hughes had to have learned not to trade with GSP and will be trying relentlessly for the takedown. On the ground, if they go there, it will be interesting to see what happens.

So GSP-Hughes >>>>>> Wandy-Chuck. Everyone seems to have lost interest in the latter despite it being the headliner (I think). I guess it's too unpredictable after the recent losses.
    They're about 50/50 for me. Of course I wish Wandy/Chuck happened 3 years ago, but I'm still pumped. Can't wait to see Wand back. I've been watching some recent interviews of his and he speaks/understands English pretty well now. Wandy always seemed like a nice guy, but he seems to have matured into a great person, very respectful, honest, and straight forward. I just hope he wins, another loss would be crushing. I think he's hungry and focused and Chuck is in trouble.
  38. Elite Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Those fights were a while back, though. Also, with Newton and Sakurai, Hughes wouldn't be fighting someone roughly his size and Sherk has only a fraction of the stand-up as GSP. Hughes is just not quick enough to keep up with GSP.
    True, but it's still experience. I agree that GSP is two steps quicker than Hughes, and I'm pretty sure he'll win. Hughes just has crazy intestinal fortitude, thus the crazy comebacks. GSP has many advantages over Hughes, but I think Hughes has more heart.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Hughes/GSP is the main event. I haven't seen any lines for this card yet. I am really curious to see who is favored in the big 3 fights on this card.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Sokoudju by brutal KO.

Edit: Wand's blog

"Today we start the countdown for the fight on December 29. Thirty days to it. I am very happy to have this channel to talk to you. This week I am training very intensively. I have already reached a nice weight (97 kg); I look slim and have a low fat percentage. This makes me faster and I know I will need this in the fight. My training is very good because my coaches, besides being competent, are great people. This is very important because we are all leaving in the same home. On Saturday I am visiting an orphanage and take a message of optimism and hope, love and care to the kids, at least for a day. I am taking my son Thor with me for him to get in contact with the reality of life. If you have any questions I am here to answer them, as much as possible. I will be reading and posting everyday. Take care, God bless you and thank you for the support."

He's got son named Thor!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
  2. UFC 84 Card Update
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
  3. UFC 79: Nemesis. Picks contest.
    By pistonpump in forum MMA
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
  4. UFC 74 card
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
  5. do you pay off your credit card each month?
    By Beelzebub in forum Politics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:33 AM