Serra Injured, Off UFC 79 Card

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You think Hughes is a good guy, and that GSP and Serra are cocky douchebags? If that's the case, you really have it twisted.
Never said GSP is cocky, he is just an excuse making douche. Serra tries to be cocky but all it does is prove how pathetic he really is and how in love with Hughes he is.

And yes I respect Hughes infinitely more than either of these two.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He's from Dupont Circle, Washington D.C.
I'm guessing that's a bad joke that no one else is gonna get?

(Sorry to reuse, but I love that clip)

I don't think Hughes' is that big of a ****, just someone who gives others sh!t like we do around here. He's not a great coach, but I think he is professional as he says, and it pisses him off to see guys freeze up in the Octagon.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That clip is perfect for my jokes. Dupont Circle is where guys like Forces of Green prance around. I'll be back later to tell you why Hughes is such a prick.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That clip is perfect for my jokes. Dupont Circle is where guys like Forces of Green prance around. I'll be back later to tell you why Hughes is such a prick.
Don't forget to mention how BJ is a bigger prick and at least Hughes doesn't talk about himself in the third person.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
WOW...i love both hughes and GSP but i always find myself goin for GSP, he is a machine. Extremly well conditioned. Hughes is also a power hosue and a Illinois native to me, so i give him mad respect. He is the guy that i first seen and got me into MMA.
GSP TKO in the 2nd. I hope this does not go to a decision and if it does not a close one. I hate when rubber matches end in "controversy"

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hughes' blog:

As most of you know, Serra has dropped out of the fight due to a back injury. I found out and was told that I get to basically pick my opponent. The UFC had called some welterweights, some said they wouldn't take the fight; but ultimately I got to choose and I chose Georges St. Pierre. I asked to fight GSP.

I think there are a few things that will be in my favor in doing this. I get to fight in Vegas, what I consider my home fighting area, NOT Canada. I don't think it's a big deal to switch an opponent over a month out, it's just not a concern for me. Before I was fighting a guy holding the belt, now I'm fighting a guy that I consider number two in the world. Anyone who thinks this fight will be like the second fight with GSP will be shown wrong on December 29th. THIS IS MY FIGHT!

-Matt

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to mention how BJ is a bigger prick and at least Hughes doesn't talk about himself in the third person.
now i know you didnt just say that BJ PENN is a prick, they guy is the most honest and stright foward person i have ever meet, he did so much for the community in hilo than you will ever know. they guy took J-Lau under his wing and just took him to Victory this past week, HUGHES is a inbreaded fag that rather farms corn than fight BJ again.:thumbsup:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
now i know you didnt just say that BJ PENN is a prick, they guy is the most honest and stright foward person i have ever meet, he did so much for the community in hilo than you will ever know. they guy took J-Lau under his wing and just took him to Victory this past week, HUGHES is a inbreaded fag that rather farms corn than fight BJ again.:thumbsup:
Don't get mad at me or Hughes because BJ turned down your offer to become his personal jock strap sniffer.

If anyone looks inbred its lazy ass, no cardio, silver spoon-fed, talks about himself in the third person go to bjpenn.com dough boy BJ Penn. :duel:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is offically GSP v. Hughes for the Interim title.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you live in San Fransisco?
I'm sorry, I had to interject based off the sheer quality off this joke. I mean, such poise, such originality. The basis it was such a novel concept alone, a homophobic joke, added with utter genius of spatial representation in San Fransisco....Wow...I mean, Pryor, is that you?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CNorris just gets his jock in a tizzy when anybody from outside of the 'get got geetin' 'er done' homebred good ol' boy' portion of the USA' is better than his favourite fighters. If an MMA fighter has not done one of these three things:

a) put on a hat they found in a Budweiser beer box over a homegrown mullet and struck their wife.

b) molested a pig and/or slept in a bail of hay

c) masturbated at least once to a Chuck Norris film

He doesn't like them.

:bruce1:

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
CNorris just gets his jock in a tizzy when anybody from outside of the 'get got geetin' 'er done' homebred good ol' boy' portion of the USA' is better than his favourite fighters. If an MMA fighter has not done one of these three things:

a) put on a hat they found in a Budweiser beer box over a homegrown mullet and struck their wife.

He doesn't like them.

Boy, you about to get hogtied, woooooweeeeee. My midwestern brethren, Norris, and I were about to mix up some moonshine (ok, that's a southern thang) and we heard you gettin' mouthy. You're about to get it Pulp Fiction style

So you can stick your iambic pentameter up your ass, Slam Poetry Boy.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
No. Hughes puts in real work in is off time. Supports a full family. HAs pride for the old school american way.
Doesnt go out, start up a camp using his name and scout kids.
I dont really like BJ, i can say i do respect him as a fighter. Now you want to get into personal aspects. Hughes is a great fighter, he knows it, he doesnt flaunt it. That is why he seems so cocky.

He may have a small camp i beleive but last i heard he is still with Militich.
Isnt BJs campin Hawaii...?Not sure but if it is....

Also, leave Jason out of it. What does his choosing to go with BJ have anythignt o do with it? HE is goin to be a great fighter, young and has great talent. I honestly wish that he would have went to a chute box camp with all the silva's becasue his ju-juitsu is amazing.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea, i want GSP to win. He is def one of my favorite fighters.
I got mad respect for hughes though.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

He doesn't like them.

You can get hats in Budweiser cases now? Cool. Glad you know that. Didnt know they sell Budweiser in the gay bars.
I'm sorry that you see middle America as a threat to your way of life. Its not just rural America that dont want you to marry other men.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyway...does anybody think Hughes will be dumb enough to try and stand and trade with GSP again? Everybody in the MMA community saw that one coming last time...if Hughes is smarter than he is proud, he might think twice about standing again...if not, he better be training overtime on his standup.

Anybody have any thoughts that aren't related to mullets, sheep, and bud heavy?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
As bad as it sounds. He has a hard time shooting too. Unless GSP is not ready, slips, or is tired, i cant see hughes takin him down, easily at least. GSP has a huge sprawl too.
Once/if hughes does get him down i think he can be more comfotable, not dominate but score points for mounting, holding, staying active, goin for subs.

I still dont knowhow often GSP trains and i hope he took this fight casue hes ready and not casue he thinks he has to provesomething. He is a very determined individual and respectful. I remember seein him in the ring beggin, literally for a title shot.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP is equally as good of a wrestler as Hughes and I personally think the he is better. Taking down Koscheck and Sherk is no small task and GSP did it with ease of several occasions.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can get hats in Budweiser cases now? Cool. Glad you know that. Didnt know they sell Budweiser in the gay bars.
I'm sorry that you see middle America as a threat to your way of life. Its not just rural America that dont want you to marry other men.
Don't lie CNorris. I have no doubts your boyfriend gave you one of those hats for your last birthday.

"Chuck, da dem 'dere views is ahh great back here son! I lov the way that there Budweiser hat makes your eyes look pretty. Now ahh, put yer heed back down and squeal"

They have school in rural America CNorris? You're pretty literate for a corn huskin' retard.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Anyway...does anybody think Hughes will be dumb enough to try and stand and trade with GSP again? Everybody in the MMA community saw that one coming last time...if Hughes is smarter than he is proud, he might think twice about standing again...if not, he better be training overtime on his standup.

Hughes has apparently said that standing was a mistake last time. He definitely should close the distance quick and clinch or shoot. I think it will be an interesting fight (competitive but maybe not super exciting) if it goes to the ground as both are very good. If GSP's takedown defense is good enough then Hughes better stay clinched or he'll get KOed again.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I seriously doubt Hughes' ability to land a successful shoot against GSP. His wrestling is over-vaunted. If you watch Hughes/GSP II, GSP stuffs Hughes' attempts quite easily. I think this fight will go whichever way GSP wishes. He could easily take Hughes down and pound him out for a win, or stay on his feet an KO him. GSP's skill set is a horrible match up for Hughes, and he is outmatched in all respects in this fight. Geet got gettin' er done American pride or not.

:whip:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
GSP is equally as good of a wrestler as Hughes and I personally think the he is better. Taking down Koscheck and Sherk is no small task and GSP did it with ease of several occasions.
YEs, thats what i mean. Hughes willneed to make sure he is on point. He is good but GSP is more quick to stand and sprawl, big big sprawl than most guys. Jumps out of it when just legs are grabbed. HE is an amazing fighter.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, your the one that trains so tell me this: Is it possible that Koscheck and Sherk didn't work as much on their takedown defense or defensive wrestling because they are used to being the aggressor? Or would you assume that with all their wrestling training that they would be in peak shape all around. Kos might have been spending too much time on his hands and standup before his fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, your the one that trains so tell me this: Is it possible that Koscheck and Sherk didn't work as much on their takedown defense or defensive wrestling because they are used to being the aggressor? Or would you assume that with all their wrestling training that they would be in peak shape all around. Kos might have been spending too much time on his hands and standup before his fight.
It is hard to say, but I would assume that especially Koscheck would have worked on all aspects of the game. Fitch also trains at AKA and is also a great wrestler, so you would think that Kos would have to work off of his back at some point during training.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I strongly dislike Kos. I think he was/isoverrated. I dont care how many titles he held/holds for wrestling. MMA is a different word and he wasnt ready.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I strongly dislike Kos. I think he was/isoverrated. I dont care how many titles he held/holds for wrestling. MMA is a different word and he wasnt ready.
I didn't care for him earlier in his career, but I think it's undeniable he has improved.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I didn't care for him earlier in his career, but I think it's undeniable he has improved.
i personally dont see where. I think he just uses his wrestling well. Good conditioning. I havent seen a flat out impressive win from him yet.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, and when you look at Hughes-GSP II, Hughes could not get him down. I dont think that this will be any different. I think that GSP wins by late 1st rd TKO

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i personally dont see where. I think he just uses his wrestling well. Good conditioning. I havent seen a flat out impressive win from him yet.
I agree, about an "impressive win", but his standup has improved, especially when compared to his earlier career where all he was, was a wrestler

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I seriously doubt Hughes' ability to land a successful shoot against GSP. His wrestling is over-vaunted. If you watch Hughes/GSP II, GSP stuffs Hughes' attempts quite easily. I think this fight will go whichever way GSP wishes. He could easily take Hughes down and pound him out for a win, or stay on his feet an KO him. GSP's skill set is a horrible match up for Hughes, and he is outmatched in all respects in this fight. Geet got gettin' er done American pride or not.

:whip:

I agree, but Hughes' strength is defintely on the ground and he would be a fool to try and stand and trade w/GSP again. It's been a long time since that match, but didn't Baby J wear down Hughes via striking before taking him down and getting the RNC. I just don't see how Hughes can beat GSP if he's (GSP) been training...granted, this is short notice, so that might be the X-factor that Hughes needs to have a chance standing or to get into a position for some gnp.

GSP FTW!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, about an "impressive win", but his standup has improved, especially when compared to his earlier career where all he was, was a wrestler
His win against Diego was impressive, albeit not entertaining. Koscheck repertoire is very similar to a young Matt Hughes-great strength, wrestling, but lacking stand-up. As he continues to train, especially since he is at a great camp in AKA, he will become more complete, but I don't think he will ever be at the top of the WW division.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
His win against Diego was impressive, albeit not entertaining. Koscheck repertoire is very similar to a young Matt Hughes-great strength, wrestling, but lacking stand-up. As he continues to train, especially since he is at a great camp in AKA, he will become more complete, but I don't think he will ever be at the top of the WW division.
I wouldnt call his "Win" against Diego impressive at all. He shot at him, got his back taken immediately. And he landed a few punches vs Diego virtually none at all. All against a guy that thought he was going to have to retire from MMA days before the fight. Its more like they both lost that fight, Koscheck just lost it to a lesser degree.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt call his "Win" against Diego impressive at all. He shot at him, got his back taken immediately. And he landed a few punches vs Diego virtually none at all. All against a guy that thought he was going to have to retire from MMA days before the fight. Its more like they both lost that fight, Koscheck just lost it to a lesser degree.
So who do you ever give any credit?

And what is your record again??

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking again :think: ...how do you guys think Hughes was preparing for his fight against Serra and how could that effect (affect, can't ever remember which) the fight now that it's GSP instead of Serra?

I know there's still time to change it up though, but just thought I would throw that out there.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

And what is your record again??
I'm sorry I didnt realize I had to fight to criticize fighters. I suppose I should become a member of congress, or at least mayor before I have political opinions. Maybe I should learn to dunk before I talk NBA too.

I dont know where all the sand came from that you have in your vagina, but that was a TERRIBLE fight and neither of them deserve any credit at all for that effort.

I will give credit when its due, but not for the worst fight of the last 2 years.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry I didnt realize I had to fight to criticize fighters. I suppose I should become a member of congress, or at least mayor before I have political opinions. Maybe I should learn to dunk before I talk NBA too.

I dont know where all the sand came from that you have in your vagina, but that was a TERRIBLE fight and neither of them deserve any credit at all for that effort.

I will give credit when its due, but not for the worst fight of the last 2 years.
Really, because I never see you give any fighter credit and most of the time you criticize their decisions or talk about how they are overrated.

With all of the fighter bashing that you like to do, you belong over at Sherdog.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Really, because I never see you give any fighter credit and most of the time you criticize their decisions or talk about how they are overrated.

With all of the fighter bashing that you like to do, you belong over at Sherdog.
I do try and go out of my way to bash the common internet MMA trends like GSP/Penn nuthuggery, baseless Hughes hatred and Fedor worship. The internet needs diverse sets of opinions, and I am all about diversity.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do try and go out of my way to bash the common internet MMA trends like GSP/Penn nuthuggery, baseless Hughes hatred and Fedor worship. The internet needs diverse sets of opinions, and I am all about diversity.
Are you stupid? Not to be inflammatory, but more of a general query.

I am quite confident you cannot get more basal or homogenized than worshiping, and ever so tightly gripping the nuts of, Matt Hughes.

You probably have some of the most homogenized 'TUF crowd' opinions on here bud. You're a stereotype. Just thought it was funny you're claiming to be 'diverse'.

Saying your opinions are diverse is like stating a Britney or Michael joke is original.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

I am quite confident you cannot get more basal or homogenized than worshiping, and ever so tightly gripping the nuts of, Matt Hughes.

You probably have some of the most homogenized 'TUF crowd' opinions on here bud. You're a stereotype. Just thought it was funny you're claiming to be 'diverse'.

Saying your opinions are diverse is like stating a Britney or Michael joke is original.
You're the best thing out of Canada since Gordon Lightfoot.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I am honestly impressed you know who Gordon Lightfoot is.
Believe it or not, I love Gordon Lightfoot. He's such a good storyteller, and captures your emotions with his songs. "If You Could Read My Mind" is a classic, they don't do it like Gordy anymore.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

And you are not a stereotype? A San Fransisco valued middle America hating Michael Moore sack grappling Canadian that becomes fans of non-white fighters and non-American fighters to show you are an elite, educated and open minded fan when you are just the epitome of internet MMA fan stereotypes. You are the stereotype that represents 90% of internet MMA fans. You dreams consist of grappling with the sweaty sacks of Penn, GSP, Fedor while you find the constant need to rip on any fighter that is white, doesn't live on a coast line or doesn't find the need to live near tall buildings in order to have a happy life. Oh yes lets not forget your deep hatred for any fighter that is religious. Oh except for anyone that prays to Allah, Buddha or the sun of course.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry, I had to interject based off the sheer quality off this joke. I mean, such poise, such originality. The basis it was such a novel concept alone, a homophobic joke, added with utter genius of spatial representation in San Fransisco....Wow...I mean, Pryor, is that you?
Actually the reference had more to do with the mindset of having a deep hatred for America than your sexual preference. San Fransisco is not only the capital of gays, but also the capital of delusion and inferior thought processes. I do find it alarming you first got defensive about your sexual preference though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As entertaining as all of your talk about sweaty nut sacks and gay love is...I AM INTERESTED IN THE THREAD TOPIC...plz take your hatred for eachother to general chat or else where (but don't forget to post the link to the thread here though :rasp: )

I'm just sayin'...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you are not a stereotype? A San Fransisco valued middle America hating Michael Moore sack grappling Canadian that becomes fans of non-white fighters and non-American fighters to show you are an elite, educated and open minded fan when you are just the epitome of internet MMA fan stereotypes. You are the stereotype that represents 90% of internet MMA fans. You dreams consist of grappling with the sweaty sacks of Penn, GSP, Fedor while you find the constant need to rip on any fighter that is white, doesn't live on a coast line or doesn't find the need to live near tall buildings in order to have a happy life. Oh yes lets not forget your deep hatred for any fighter that is religious. Oh except for anyone that prays to Allah, Buddha or the sun of course.
You are stupid. Thanks for the confirmation.

p.s.

It's funny you got so defensive and angry, despite your projection of the 'rough skinned hard ass'. Calm down pookie pants, I won't expose your latent homosexuality or rustle your feathers any further. You are obviously quite vexed over this situation.

BTW.

I hate BJ Penn, I just admit he has incredible amounts of talent. Though his conditioning is piss poor and will probably not retain many belts because of it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ironically, Brock Lesnar, the most unproven, hyped up fighter out there.

I forgot that Kos trains with Fitch. He should have been ready for anything then. Hughes may be stronger than Kos though, whereas Kos is more explosive and quick. I should go back and watch some of each of GSP's and Hughes' fights because it seems like they haven't fought much recently.

:nono: STXNAS, trying to keep an MMA forum thread on topic. What are you thinking? ;)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ironically, Brock Lesnar, the most unproven, hyped up fighter out there.

I forgot that Kos trains with Fitch. He should have been ready for anything then. Hughes may be stronger than Kos though, whereas Kos is more explosive and quick. I should go back and watch some of each of GSP's and Hughes' fights because it seems like they haven't fought much recently.

:nono: STXNAS, trying to keep an MMA forum thread on topic. What are you thinking? ;)
You must've meant idiotically, not ironically. How can Cnorris have a problem with someone sweating Fedor. He probably had a problem with people sweating Jordan back in the day. Cnorris, please go sit in the corner for a bit.