Serra Injured, Off UFC 79 Card - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Serra Injured, Off UFC 79 Card

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Yup, possibly add MW to that list.
    Did we forget that Robbie Lawler is a MW? I've decided Lawler is my replacement heavy handed MW since Murray was framed.

I wouldn't have definitely given the Fitch fight to Hughes just would favor him, Alex.

If Hughes can get this fight to the ground, I think he's better than GSP there or at least bjj wise. I'm hoping Hughes can sub him again. GSP's mental weakness and slight resemblance to Jeanne Claude Van Damme keep me from liking him too much (maybe irrationally). Hughes' toughness and comebacks will probably always make me a fan.

Edit: New avy to support the "Country Boy".

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Did we forget that Robbie Lawler is a MW? I've decided Lawler is my replacement heavy handed MW since Murray was framed.

I wouldn't have definitely given the Fitch fight to Hughes just would favor him, Alex.

If Hughes can get this fight to the ground, I think he's better than GSP there or at least bjj wise. I'm hoping Hughes can sub him again. GSP's mental weakness and slight resemblance to Jeanne Claude Van Damme keep me from liking him too much (maybe irrationally). Hughes' toughness and comebacks will probably always make me a fan.

Edit: New avy to support the "Country Boy".
    Lawler is a fun guy to sweat. Doesn't have the sh*t talking skills of Lightning Lee, but is a ruthless brawler.

I knew you were about to do some type of Hughes nuthuggery. I like Hughes a lot as a fighter, as you said his comebacks and toughness are tough not to admire, but unfortunately I think the guy is a prick in real life.
  3. Banned

Hughes resembles some of my friends out here (I live in a small hick town in NV) and GSP resembles some puss ass PUNK that if I had the capability, I would LOVE to beat down. Since I lack that, I will watch Hughes beat him down for me
    •   

4. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Matt Hughes resembles an inbred haybailer. GSP is one of the most conditioned cats in MMA.
  5. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    Hughes resembles some of my friends out here (I live in a small hick town in NV) and GSP resembles some puss ass PUNK that if I had the capability, I would LOVE to beat down. Since I lack that, I will watch Hughes beat him down for me
    What did GSP do to make you think he's a punk? I've been following GSP since the UCC/TKO days and he seems like a really good guy.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

What did GSP do to make you think he's a punk? I've been following GSP since the UCC/TKO days and he seems like a really good guy.
    I'm guessing that it's from his excuses for Serra. A lot of people seemed to have lost a little respect for him.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm guessing that it's from his excuses for Serra. A lot of people seemed to have lost a little respect for him.
    I am a huge fan of GSP despite that loss. I didn't order that PPV because I wasn't interested in the fights and I thought GSP would beat down Serra. I was really wrong about that event...

Still, Hughes victory over GSP was by a blue-belt armbar and I really doubt that Hughes will be able to pull something that basic off again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Banned

I don't like the way GSP carries himself, he seems snide and in all honesty, he's the kind of guy that I'd pick a fight with for no reason. Just that lizard ass look on his face, ... ugh, I'd love to deform it further. LOL His attitude, his accent.. the works.. I hate the guy.
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RisingAgainst View Post
    I don't like the way GSP carries himself, he seems snide and in all honesty, he's the kind of guy that I'd pick a fight with for no reason. Just that lizard ass look on his face, ... ugh, I'd love to deform it further. LOL His attitude, his accent.. the works.. I hate the guy.
    GSP is just a plain old douche bag. There is no other way to explain him other than being a huge douche.

GSP nuthuggery absolutely makes me sick as well. He is a tough person to hate but equally tough to cheer for esp. against Hughes.

My prediction is that GSP will come down with a bad case of sandinthevaginosis and have to pull out of the fight like he usually does.
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    GSP is just a plain old douche bag. There is no other way to explain him other than being a huge douche.

GSP nuthuggery absolutely makes me sick as well. He is a tough person to hate but equally tough to cheer for esp. against Hughes.

My prediction is that GSP will come down with a bad case of sandinthevaginosis and have to pull out of the fight like he usually does.
    You think Hughes is a good guy, and that GSP and Serra are cocky douchebags? If that's the case, you really have it twisted.
  11. Banned

You think Hughes is a good guy, and that GSP and Serra are cocky douchebags? If that's the case, you really have it twisted.
    Never said GSP is cocky, he is just an excuse making douche. Serra tries to be cocky but all it does is prove how pathetic he really is and how in love with Hughes he is.

And yes I respect Hughes infinitely more than either of these two.
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Matt Hughes resembles an inbred haybailer. GSP is one of the most conditioned cats in MMA.
    Do you live in San Fransisco?
  13. Elite Member

He's from Dupont Circle, Washington D.C.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

He's from Dupont Circle, Washington D.C.
    I'm guessing that's a bad joke that no one else is gonna get?

(Sorry to reuse, but I love that clip)

I don't think Hughes' is that big of a ****, just someone who gives others sh!t like we do around here. He's not a great coach, but I think he is professional as he says, and it pisses him off to see guys freeze up in the Octagon.
  15. Elite Member

That clip is perfect for my jokes. Dupont Circle is where guys like Forces of Green prance around. I'll be back later to tell you why Hughes is such a prick.
  16. Banned

That clip is perfect for my jokes. Dupont Circle is where guys like Forces of Green prance around. I'll be back later to tell you why Hughes is such a prick.
    Don't forget to mention how BJ is a bigger prick and at least Hughes doesn't talk about himself in the third person.
  17. Professional Member

WOW...i love both hughes and GSP but i always find myself goin for GSP, he is a machine. Extremly well conditioned. Hughes is also a power hosue and a Illinois native to me, so i give him mad respect. He is the guy that i first seen and got me into MMA.
    GSP TKO in the 2nd. I hope this does not go to a decision and if it does not a close one. I hate when rubber matches end in "controversy"
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Hughes' blog:

As most of you know, Serra has dropped out of the fight due to a back injury. I found out and was told that I get to basically pick my opponent. The UFC had called some welterweights, some said they wouldn't take the fight; but ultimately I got to choose and I chose Georges St. Pierre. I asked to fight GSP.

I think there are a few things that will be in my favor in doing this. I get to fight in Vegas, what I consider my home fighting area, NOT Canada. I don't think it's a big deal to switch an opponent over a month out, it's just not a concern for me. Before I was fighting a guy holding the belt, now I'm fighting a guy that I consider number two in the world. Anyone who thinks this fight will be like the second fight with GSP will be shown wrong on December 29th. THIS IS MY FIGHT!

-Matt
  19. Advanced Member

Don't forget to mention how BJ is a bigger prick and at least Hughes doesn't talk about himself in the third person.
    now i know you didnt just say that BJ PENN is a prick, they guy is the most honest and stright foward person i have ever meet, he did so much for the community in hilo than you will ever know. they guy took J-Lau under his wing and just took him to Victory this past week, HUGHES is a inbreaded *** that rather farms corn than fight BJ again.
  20. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vika808 View Post
    now i know you didnt just say that BJ PENN is a prick, they guy is the most honest and stright foward person i have ever meet, he did so much for the community in hilo than you will ever know. they guy took J-Lau under his wing and just took him to Victory this past week, HUGHES is a inbreaded *** that rather farms corn than fight BJ again.
    Don't get mad at me or Hughes because BJ turned down your offer to become his personal jock strap sniffer.

If anyone looks inbred its lazy ass, no cardio, silver spoon-fed, talks about himself in the third person go to bjpenn.com dough boy BJ Penn.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It is offically GSP v. Hughes for the Interim title.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  22. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Do you live in San Fransisco?
    I'm sorry, I had to interject based off the sheer quality off this joke. I mean, such poise, such originality. The basis it was such a novel concept alone, a homophobic joke, added with utter genius of spatial representation in San Fransisco....Wow...I mean, Pryor, is that you?
  23. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

CNorris just gets his jock in a tizzy when anybody from outside of the 'get got geetin' 'er done' homebred good ol' boy' portion of the USA' is better than his favourite fighters. If an MMA fighter has not done one of these three things:

a) put on a hat they found in a Budweiser beer box over a homegrown mullet and struck their wife.

b) molested a pig and/or slept in a bail of hay

c) masturbated at least once to a Chuck Norris film

He doesn't like them.

:bruce1:
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

CNorris just gets his jock in a tizzy when anybody from outside of the 'get got geetin' 'er done' homebred good ol' boy' portion of the USA' is better than his favourite fighters. If an MMA fighter has not done one of these three things:

a) put on a hat they found in a Budweiser beer box over a homegrown mullet and struck their wife.

He doesn't like them.

Boy, you about to get hogtied, woooooweeeeee. My midwestern brethren, Norris, and I were about to mix up some moonshine (ok, that's a southern thang) and we heard you gettin' mouthy. You're about to get it Pulp Fiction style
    So you can stick your iambic pentameter up your ass, Slam Poetry Boy.

25. Professional Member

No. Hughes puts in real work in is off time. Supports a full family. HAs pride for the old school american way.
    Doesnt go out, start up a camp using his name and scout kids.
    I dont really like BJ, i can say i do respect him as a fighter. Now you want to get into personal aspects. Hughes is a great fighter, he knows it, he doesnt flaunt it. That is why he seems so cocky.

He may have a small camp i beleive but last i heard he is still with Militich.
    Isnt BJs campin Hawaii...?Not sure but if it is....

Also, leave Jason out of it. What does his choosing to go with BJ have anythignt o do with it? HE is goin to be a great fighter, young and has great talent. I honestly wish that he would have went to a chute box camp with all the silva's becasue his ju-juitsu is amazing.
  26. Professional Member

Oh yea, i want GSP to win. He is def one of my favorite fighters.
    I got mad respect for hughes though.
  27. Banned

He doesn't like them.

You can get hats in Budweiser cases now? Cool. Glad you know that. Didnt know they sell Budweiser in the gay bars.
    I'm sorry that you see middle America as a threat to your way of life. Its not just rural America that dont want you to marry other men.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Anyway...does anybody think Hughes will be dumb enough to try and stand and trade with GSP again? Everybody in the MMA community saw that one coming last time...if Hughes is smarter than he is proud, he might think twice about standing again...if not, he better be training overtime on his standup.

Anybody have any thoughts that aren't related to mullets, sheep, and bud heavy?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  29. Professional Member

As bad as it sounds. He has a hard time shooting too. Unless GSP is not ready, slips, or is tired, i cant see hughes takin him down, easily at least. GSP has a huge sprawl too.
    Once/if hughes does get him down i think he can be more comfotable, not dominate but score points for mounting, holding, staying active, goin for subs.

I still dont knowhow often GSP trains and i hope he took this fight casue hes ready and not casue he thinks he has to provesomething. He is a very determined individual and respectful. I remember seein him in the ring beggin, literally for a title shot.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

GSP is equally as good of a wrestler as Hughes and I personally think the he is better. Taking down Koscheck and Sherk is no small task and GSP did it with ease of several occasions.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

You can get hats in Budweiser cases now? Cool. Glad you know that. Didnt know they sell Budweiser in the gay bars.
    I'm sorry that you see middle America as a threat to your way of life. Its not just rural America that dont want you to marry other men.
    Don't lie CNorris. I have no doubts your boyfriend gave you one of those hats for your last birthday.

"Chuck, da dem 'dere views is ahh great back here son! I lov the way that there Budweiser hat makes your eyes look pretty. Now ahh, put yer heed back down and squeal"

They have school in rural America CNorris? You're pretty literate for a corn huskin' retard.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Anyway...does anybody think Hughes will be dumb enough to try and stand and trade with GSP again? Everybody in the MMA community saw that one coming last time...if Hughes is smarter than he is proud, he might think twice about standing again...if not, he better be training overtime on his standup.

Hughes has apparently said that standing was a mistake last time. He definitely should close the distance quick and clinch or shoot. I think it will be an interesting fight (competitive but maybe not super exciting) if it goes to the ground as both are very good. If GSP's takedown defense is good enough then Hughes better stay clinched or he'll get KOed again.
  33. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post

I seriously doubt Hughes' ability to land a successful shoot against GSP. His wrestling is over-vaunted. If you watch Hughes/GSP II, GSP stuffs Hughes' attempts quite easily. I think this fight will go whichever way GSP wishes. He could easily take Hughes down and pound him out for a win, or stay on his feet an KO him. GSP's skill set is a horrible match up for Hughes, and he is outmatched in all respects in this fight. Geet got gettin' er done American pride or not.

34. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    GSP is equally as good of a wrestler as Hughes and I personally think the he is better. Taking down Koscheck and Sherk is no small task and GSP did it with ease of several occasions.
    YEs, thats what i mean. Hughes willneed to make sure he is on point. He is good but GSP is more quick to stand and sprawl, big big sprawl than most guys. Jumps out of it when just legs are grabbed. HE is an amazing fighter.
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Rodja, your the one that trains so tell me this: Is it possible that Koscheck and Sherk didn't work as much on their takedown defense or defensive wrestling because they are used to being the aggressor? Or would you assume that with all their wrestling training that they would be in peak shape all around. Kos might have been spending too much time on his hands and standup before his fight.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Rodja, your the one that trains so tell me this: Is it possible that Koscheck and Sherk didn't work as much on their takedown defense or defensive wrestling because they are used to being the aggressor? Or would you assume that with all their wrestling training that they would be in peak shape all around. Kos might have been spending too much time on his hands and standup before his fight.
    It is hard to say, but I would assume that especially Koscheck would have worked on all aspects of the game. Fitch also trains at AKA and is also a great wrestler, so you would think that Kos would have to work off of his back at some point during training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Professional Member

I strongly dislike Kos. I think he was/isoverrated. I dont care how many titles he held/holds for wrestling. MMA is a different word and he wasnt ready.
  38. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    I strongly dislike Kos. I think he was/isoverrated. I dont care how many titles he held/holds for wrestling. MMA is a different word and he wasnt ready.
    I didn't care for him earlier in his career, but I think it's undeniable he has improved.
  39. Professional Member

I didn't care for him earlier in his career, but I think it's undeniable he has improved.
    i personally dont see where. I think he just uses his wrestling well. Good conditioning. I havent seen a flat out impressive win from him yet.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Agreed, and when you look at Hughes-GSP II, Hughes could not get him down. I dont think that this will be any different. I think that GSP wins by late 1st rd TKO
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
  2. UFC 84 Card Update
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
  3. UFC 79: Nemesis. Picks contest.
    By pistonpump in forum MMA
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 12:46 AM
  4. UFC 74 card
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
  5. do you pay off your credit card each month?
    By Beelzebub in forum Politics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:33 AM