Sanchez-Sub
    Okami-Dec
    Grove-Dec
    Huerta-Sub

Herring-KO
    Sell-Dec
    Cummo-Sub
    Spratt-KO

2. I expect kos to take diego down and im sure he does too, but what is josh going to do from there, he'll get subbed or it'll get stood up. Diego althought not well liked has an insane mind body connection with a will to be the best fighter, a positive competitive nature. Josh is a ego driven punk and those types will always lose bc they do not have true power just natural athletic ability. The only fight i hope i right about.
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 04-07-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I expect kos to take diego down and im sure he does too, but what is josh going to do from there, he'll get subbed or it'll get stood up. Diego althought not well liked has an insane mind body connection with a will to be the best fighter, a positive competitive nature. Josh is a ego driven punk and those types will always lose bc they do not have true power just natural athletic ability. The only fight i hope i right about.
    My thoughts exactly....

4. all right all right..couldn't help it. After my second to last place showing last time, I've got to try to redeem myself

Main Card Bouts:
    -Georges St. Pierre - TKO 1:00 in rd 2
    -KOS- TKO
    -Mike Swick - KO
    -Kendall Grove - Sub
    -Roger Huerta - Dec

Preliminary Bouts:
    -Imes- Dec
    -Thales Leites - TKO (wish i could go with Sell)
    -Josh Haynes - Sub
    -Davis - Sub

5. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Weaker takedowns? Lost by triangle choke? Uhh, you must be thinking of someone else. Koscheck, let me mention I do not like him at all, but he has the best takedowns out of anyone at 170. He has never lost to a triangle. He did get blasted by a knee once and woke up in a rear naked. Unless Diego KO's Kos early he will get taken down. Diego is great at scrambling and finding a way back to his feet, he is also great at taking someones back in a scramble where he seems to be at a disadvantage. I hope Diego wins, it should be a war.
    Yeah thats what it was a rear naked, my fault there. I think I did undercut a little bit saying weak take downs as I absolute can't stand Kos, but I stand firm in saying he can't finish. The fight where he lost to the rear naked, he was on top of the guy the entire fight, yet really never did much damage. He is a phenomenal wrestler but unless he has improved his technique in the guard position, he won't inflict much damage on Diego. Diego is solid on the ground, a very slippery type of guy who has a lot of reverses, etc.

Again I think anyone who can go with Karo P. on the ground and come out the victor is a pretty damn good grappler.
    •   

6. -Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra - TKO 1:30 RD 2
    -Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck - decision
    -Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami - TKO
    -Kendall Grove vs. Alan Belcher - TKO
    -Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia -KO

Preliminary Bouts:
    -Heath Herring vs. Brad Imes - decision
    -Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell - TKO
    -Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes - TKO
    -Pete Spratt vs. Marcus Davis - decision

7. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    After what happened to Riggs, I don't see Kos risking the standup too much. After what happened to Riggs, I also see Diego throwing those knees with abandon, with disregard for the fact that Kos may have a knee already on the canvas. I bet he'd take the risk of a point deduction for the advantage (psych and physical) that he would get from this. Seems like Kos always goes for singles and doubles, so he will be open to knees from an ethically indifferent Diego.
    That sounds like a decent plan for Diego. Beo, everytime you post you seem to have a deeper perspective on MMA. Seems like your knowledge is increasing exponentially. (Are you worried for your Blanket? )

LMD, to be fair to Kos (who I don't like),he has finished 4 in his last 6 wins (3 in the 1st). I think he's good enough to finish okay fighters, but definitely not good enough to finish Diego. Joslin was like Houdini from the guard, avoiding everything. Impressive defense.

Rogue's a no show, pulling a Tito on us for this one after two wins. That makes you a paper champ in my book.

8. Is it me or is Beo starting to sound like Rogue Jr.?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Is it me or is Beo starting to sound like Rogue Jr.?
    I think you're right and the last thing we need is another Roguester around here.

I'm surprised how many people are picking Imes over Herring. Could Herring look that bad this time?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Herpes.
    I suspected as much, a pair of drippy Genital Warts.

11. That's just how us Canadians get down.

12. Livewire:

Groves by sub. Looked very impressive.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    Notice how I worked that Beo like play on words into that?, it's Wulfen insight with stylistic flair that has you two skunks trying to to spray me, but I'm allegorically upwind of the stank that you two try to pass off as meaningful and witty.

This dumb jock's got reason and rhythm, what you got?

You do have a way with words.

I dub Beo, Rogue Clone.

14. What. The. ****.

15. holy sh!t GSP lost

16. I wish I had some witty comment, or in-depth analysis, but I can honestly say I am completely disillusioned right now.

17. So Serra-Hughes next since they hate each other and Kos-GSP?

18. I was hoping GSP would be the champ for some time. He handles himself with such honor and class. He never talks smack. He even takes a loss with such class. He is a stand up guy who is very good for the sport. I think he will come back even stronger. What a shocker

19. I don't know what to say...

20. Between Couture over Sylvia(in dominating fashion), Diaz over Gomi, Serra over GSP, and a few others I can't think of, I'm befuddled. Never has MMA been so unpredictable. I know I've been saying that a lot lately, but I just can't get over how unpredictable every fight is. At least now everyone that thinks GSP is p4p better than Fedor can zip it. Although at this rate Stinkland may KO fedor in under a minute, or at least Savage would like to think so.

21. GSP lost?? Jesus….

22. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    ... Although at this rate Stinkland may KO fedor in under a minute, or at least Savage would like to think so.
    If that ever happens then i think the universe will implode on itself...

23. Quote Originally Posted by sikdogg View Post
    If that ever happens then i think the universe will implode on itself...
    I know for sure my head would implode......a la chappelle white power skit.

24. A bit shocked GSP got pounded out like that but at least I won some money out of it. As Alexander said there's been so many upsets in MMA recently that you have to bet on big underdogs. I may have to throw some cash on Lindland but the odds aren't really favorable for a great payout.

25. UFC 69 Picks winner is MisterEZE with a total of 17 points.

Results:
    Somewhatgifted, jas123, beowulf, mulletsoldier - 14
    Vicarious - 13
    Rodja, Sir Savage -12
    Alexander - 11
    erstaz, sikdogg - 10
    PumpingIron - 9
    size, ugab37 - 8
    Brass Monkey - 5

26. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Between Couture over Sylvia(in dominating fashion), Diaz over Gomi, Serra over GSP, and a few others I can't think of, I'm befuddled. Never has MMA been so unpredictable. I know I've been saying that a lot lately, but I just can't get over how unpredictable every fight is.
    I agree with you in that MMA has become more unpredictable than ever before. Just in the last 2 Pride events, Sokoudjou has been a huge underdog and won both fights.

27. Dammit, second to MirSleeze

At least it wasn't RD.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Dammit, second to MirSleeze

At least it wasn't RD.
    Of course, you got second. You copied my picks so we tied. I'll take a 1st and 2nd for the weekend after my last at Pride 33. It's worth noting Alex's pathetic performance for the weekend as well. Maybe he should post at Sherdog for a while then come back and try to requalify for this board.

29. I didn't copy your stinky ass!
    All my methods were original pal!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. UFC 75 picks contest!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM
  2. UFC 74 Picks Contest!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM