UFC 69 Picks Contest

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Between Couture over Sylvia(in dominating fashion), Diaz over Gomi, Serra over GSP, and a few others I can't think of, I'm befuddled. Never has MMA been so unpredictable. I know I've been saying that a lot lately, but I just can't get over how unpredictable every fight is. At least now everyone that thinks GSP is p4p better than Fedor can zip it. Although at this rate Stinkland may KO fedor in under a minute, or at least Savage would like to think so.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
... Although at this rate Stinkland may KO fedor in under a minute, or at least Savage would like to think so.
If that ever happens then i think the universe will implode on itself...

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
A bit shocked GSP got pounded out like that but at least I won some money out of it. As Alexander said there's been so many upsets in MMA recently that you have to bet on big underdogs. I may have to throw some cash on Lindland but the odds aren't really favorable for a great payout.

size

Awards
  • Established
UFC 69 Picks winner is MisterEZE with a total of 17 points.

Results:
Somewhatgifted, jas123, beowulf, mulletsoldier - 14
Vicarious - 13
Rodja, Sir Savage -12
Alexander - 11
erstaz, sikdogg - 10
PumpingIron - 9
size, ugab37 - 8
Brass Monkey - 5

size

Awards
  • Established
Between Couture over Sylvia(in dominating fashion), Diaz over Gomi, Serra over GSP, and a few others I can't think of, I'm befuddled. Never has MMA been so unpredictable. I know I've been saying that a lot lately, but I just can't get over how unpredictable every fight is.
I agree with you in that MMA has become more unpredictable than ever before. Just in the last 2 Pride events, Sokoudjou has been a huge underdog and won both fights.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dammit, second to MirSleeze :)

At least it wasn't RD.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Dammit, second to MirSleeze :)

At least it wasn't RD.
Of course, you got second. You copied my picks so we tied. :duel: I'll take a 1st and 2nd for the weekend :head: after my last at Pride 33. It's worth noting Alex's pathetic performance for the weekend as well. Maybe he should post at Sherdog for a while then come back and try to requalify for this board.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't copy your stinky ass!
All my methods were original pal!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
woot tied for second , diego neutralised, gsp bulldozed and i picked both to win. can anyone post the rounds and win method? thanks for running this contest size... reps for the winner.... top 3? hehe

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MisterEZE again. Ill spread it by giving to top 3 or first and the guys tying for second.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mulletsoldier again.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah!!! I didnt finish last!! I will now be picking Rosie O'donnell over Fedor in the upcoming 'swollen muffbumper vs immortal beast' bout. Im still in shock. I just stood there for like 5 minutes after Serra ko'd GSP. I just didnt think he had a chance. Whats goin on in MMA?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, this is the best I've done yet. I have to admit, I copy and paste the card and decide on the spot. Zero research; I'm too lazy.

As for the Rogue comparison, I may just sound like him at times because I'm a lit geek (hence the screen name), but I restrain my sesquipedalian flourishes. Sometimes they just escape.

I have to give it up to Rogue, though: you'd never confuse his posts with anyone else's.

I'll rep you guys soon. Gotta hit the gym.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Last, Ill go and cry in the corner.
Need to spread some rep before I can get Mullet

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
sesquipedalian?:blink: Have to look that one up.

Everyone around here has gotten jauntier in their renderings, styling more with the confidence in their insight.

I've just been at it longer, the old creaky creepy dude.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sesquipedalian?:blink: Have to look that one up.

Everyone around here has gotten jauntier in their renderings, styling more with the confidence in their insight.

I've just been at it longer, the old creaky creepy dude.
I think we can all agree on that last part.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I hope the intended comparison wasn't for geriatric, homoerotic flirtation...

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Kiss me, Stud, long and loving and deep before you deep plow the mothballs off my long dusty, but still pert, backside.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/04/10/matt...title-defense/

"Newly crowned UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra (8-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) will face former champ Matt Hughes (41-5 MMA, 15-3 UFC) in his first title defense, according to UFC president Dana White in Saturday’s post-event press conference."
Hopefully they afford the "one-can-and-back-to-the-title" strategy to GSP as well. I imagine they will, he is in the Top Five for UFC salaries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pistonpump MMA 118
Alexander MMA 54
Alexander MMA 103
Alexander MMA 70
Alexander MMA 38