the ultimate fighter - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

the ultimate fighter

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

I dunno fellas. Not only did I think that fight was way boring, I thought that Tait was a better fighter than that. Wow, I guess I judged that book by it's cover! I guess that's how he made his living as a bodyguard...he looks the part but damn, he sure was taking a lot of blows while standing. I think it should've gone to the 3rd round but I was so bored by the end of the 2nd, I didn't even really care.

2. Board Supporter

I think Tait was robbed too. He definitely seems to have a better chin than Josh. Josh got some good flurries in and defended takedowns pretty well, but he wouldn't have made it through another round.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Tait couldnt finish...He had so many opportunities but was too tired at that point. He had to had that triangle locked atleast three times.

And he did get knocked down from a punch once...

It was too close IMO...shouldve had a third round. Tait wouldve taken it.
    •   

4. New Member

That was a close fight. Tait was taking some shots, but none seemed to really do anything to him, but they were connecting.

Either way, GO Mat Hamill!!!!!!!!!
  5. Board Supporter

Does anyone remember Shamrock yelling anything during the fight except "Get him on the ground Tait"? Tito instructs his guys throughout the fights and Shamrock just screams the same thing over and over again. He's useless as a coach and in the corner.
  6. New Member

Yeah, but the thing is, if he would have gotten him on the ground instead of taking a bunch of punches to the face he would have won. He dominated Josh on the ground.
  7. Elite Member

Can't wait for "short fuses" fight. It'll be him and Kalib in the finals for the 185ers.
  8. New Member

Ed Herman dominated that fight ridiculously well.

And you know, he did claim that he had a good jaw and with that first punch barely hurting him he blew right through that guy.

On the other side, I think that his attitude of "I'll fight anybody" is funny as hell. It never hurts your career to say something like that in the fight game...but you better be pretty confident of your skills.

vicious armbar btw, I thought with the angle and force there might be shoulderjoint damage from that in addition to elbows.
  9. New Member

danny was talking after the fight like he won...saying how tough he was and how he showed everyone that he had what it takes. he landed one punch early and was dominated after that. maybe he thought it was a moral victory for not getting ktfo.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Yeah, the guy that lost was a joke. I don't know what the hell he was talking about at the end. But really, did you guys think that "the Ginga Ninja" did so great? I mean the end result justifies the means but I don't know, his skills didn't seem all that sharp to me. Normally, I'd say that it was becasue he's still an amateur and whatnot but he was talking so much crap. I was expecting him to run right through this guy and be done in seconds. I'll have to watch it again.
  11. Elite Member

I'm pretty sure the ginga ninja is Danny, and no he did not do well. I know you're talking about "short fuse" Herman, and I expected more out of him. He stayed really calm which is good, but like you said I thought he was trying to prove a point and would blow right through him. Who knows, he wasn't challenged enough to show us much. IMO it was a pretty boring episode besides the bickering between lazy Matt and Bisping.Whooooooooooooooo!
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I'm pretty sure the ginga ninja is Danny, and no he did not do well. I know you're talking about "short fuse" Herman, and I expected more out of him. He stayed really calm which is good, but like you said I thought he was trying to prove a point and would blow right through him. Who knows, he wasn't challenged enough to show us much. IMO it was a pretty boring episode besides the bickering between lazy Matt and Bisping.Whooooooooooooooo!
    It will be interesting to see what Matt will be able to do other than takedowns and GnP.
  13. Board Sponsor

I hope that ginger piece or crap gets his head knocked off...
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yeah, I thought Ed would have dominated that fight far better..And personally I think Kalib will tear through his entire set-up..And not just because he is Canadian. I actually think Kalib and Kendall are the top middleweights.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Yeah I kinna like Ed. I knew he would win. But I expected him to take down the dude immediately. Instead he played around and got a hand dropped into his head for it.

I sooo wanted to get in there and kick butt but I'd be out of my mind, cuz I got vision problems. I wanted to rock somebodys world baaad.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

yes. Really I think Ed needs work. he needs to physically strengthin himself to make his bows more powerfull. hes got it in his head what it takes now hes gotta work out so hes not a stick anymore. I think Shammy can definately help him with that.

Man I hope Matt wins . Ed talked way to much s***. I was not impressed, slow , weak , and looked like s***. The other guy was like a girl and whined all week about his back. Matt is already at a disadvantage . Its always good when the underdog ends up on top. Hell thats the whole reason I started working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I think Frank Shammy could bring him up to speed, Ken?

I've never been a Ken Admirer, and less so every time I see him talk or fight.

The rumor mill is buzzing that Tito will fight Ken in July instead of Griffin, that's his knee is recovered sufficently, it's time to shut up Glamrock once and for all.
    Didn't griffin and tito fight in UFC 59 And tito won I missed it
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

yeah I like Ken, but it's obvious that Tito is a better coach. Tito doesn't give them many breaks. Tito wants to train them not babysit them. And that's why I like Tito.
  20. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Yeah, I thought Ed would have dominated that fight far better..And personally I think Kalib will tear through his entire set-up..And not just because he is Canadian. I actually think Kalib and Kendall are the top middleweights.
    I don't know if you've seen Kalib fight outside of TUF, but lets remember the one guy that he faced on the show was a complete joke, and had no MMA experience. Don't get me wrong Kalib is good, but that guy made him look great. Kalib and Ed would be a tough fight, toss up for me.
  21. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysouthmuscl
    Man I hope Matt wins . Ed talked way to much s***. I was not impressed, slow , weak , and looked like s***. The other guy was like a girl and whined all week about his back. Matt is already at a disadvantage . Its always good when the underdog ends up on top. Hell thats the whole reason I started working out.
    Different weight divisions brotha, and Matt is more of a ***** then anyone on the show. Bisping has been handling him nicely. He got punched in the jaw so he wanted people to make him sandwiches, come on now. He's always requesting for people to make him food, and is annoying as hell with his whoooooooooooo's. Also he is going all out in training, slamming dudes and pounding them, then he gets hit, and let the whining begin. Bisping has a great attitude toward him, he doesn't feel bad for him cause he's deaf, he treats him like he would anyone else.
  22. Elite Member

Didn't griffin and tito fight in UFC 59 And tito won I missed it
    Yup, they already fought, and Tito eaked out a split decision. I felt Forrest won the fight, but it was real close. Tito was injured so he couldn't shoot for sh*t.

Great observation. But I still hope Matt does good . I have a soft heart for challenged people.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think that Tito and Shamrock are going to fight at UFC 61 along with the Arlovski/Sylvia rematch. If Tito beats Shamrock and Chuck beats Babalu at UFC 62, then Chuck and Tito will fight again.
  25. Elite Member

Great observation. But I still hope Matt does good . I have a soft heart for challenged people.
    I totally understand where you're coming from, having a soft heart for challenged people. I do think Matt is a good guy all around, he's probably just used to people treating him special and going out of their way to help him. Sometimes he just acts like he's better then everyone else, he might not even know he's doing it, but its still obnoxious. If he can impose his gameplan he should be unstoppable, his wrestling is at such a higher level then anyone. Hopefully he can take a strike come fight time.
  26. New Member

do they ever show replays of the episodes? I missed this past one and would really like to see it.

maybe its on the net somewhere??
  27. Elite Member

I believe they show it tonight. I think its on at 10 or 11.
  28. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I don't know if you've seen Kalib fight outside of TUF, but lets remember the one guy that he faced on the show was a complete joke, and had no MMA experience. Don't get me wrong Kalib is good, but that guy made him look great. Kalib and Ed would be a tough fight, toss up for me.
    Yeah, I believe I have seen him on King of The Cage, it's like the Canadian UFC.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Yeah, I believe I have seen him on King of The Cage, it's like the Canadian UFC.
    More like a minor league system for fighters.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    More like a minor league system for fighters.
    Pretty much, just as the CFL is a minor league system for NFL players, hence the Canadian NFL....Tomatoe, tomahtoe by brother
  31. Elite Member

KOTC is not Canadian. Are you thinking of TKO? I think I've seen every KOTC, and don't remember seeing him. Do you remember which event it was, or who he fought?
  32. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

KOTC is not Canadian. Are you thinking of TKO? I think I've seen every KOTC, and don't remember seeing him. Do you remember which event it was, or who he fought?
    Yeah sorry man, that was a brain fart..I think it was the NFC where I saw him.

Dude did anyone see The fight last night? who won.
  34. New Member

Dude did anyone see The fight last night? who won.
    The rerun of the ultimate fighter 3, or UFC 60?

Hughes beat gracie.

ed beat danny.

I cant wait to see Hamill fight this coming thursday

Matt is the S***!!!!!!

Yeah I think ED Is a little Full of himself. I Know I could Bust his A**. :bruce3:
  37. New Member

Is that good **** or bad ****? Wooooo.............

Is Hamill like Josh Koscheck, a wrestler with great takedowns and not able to finish his opponent? We shall see.

I hope Bisping wins it all and someone KTFO outta Ed.
    we'll have to see. Matt has an incredible work ethic and has always been really nice, i am really pulling for him
  38. New Member

Who knows how long he was really doing it, it couldve been a few times, a few days, weeks, who knows, but it didnt seem like he was doing it that much to me. And it was obvious he was joking around, he walked up to Mike laughing about it and slapped him on the shoulder. But, it sure as hell would be annoying if it is a usual thing
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Next year we'll get to see Ed on "Blind Date" being the drunken psycho, he and his date can eat at Danny's "Ultimate" sandwich shop.
    Lets hope he does a little of this ---> :squat: before that happens the man is a stick
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by italionstallion
    we'll have to see. Matt has an incredible work ethic and has always been really nice, i am really pulling for him
    Don't get me wrong, Matt seems like a nice guy and all, but I would like to see Bisping pound him! Matt's chin might be a little suspect acting the way he did...but who am I to judge? I flinch just watching this ****!

Tito seems to see a lot of potential in Matt (and rightfully so), so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends taking him in his camp like some of the past coaches have done with other TUF fighters.

Edit: I don't really think suspect chin is what I was trying to say...not sure how to word it, but I think Matt's in for a surprise when he gets into the ring. It seems like he's never really been hit hard before.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Ultimate Fighter S09
    By bla55 in forum MMA
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
  2. The Ultimate Fighter 8
    By daniel35 in forum MMA
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 12:42 AM
  4. The Ultimate Fighter