the ultimate fighter

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure the ginga ninja is Danny, and no he did not do well. I know you're talking about "short fuse" Herman, and I expected more out of him. He stayed really calm which is good, but like you said I thought he was trying to prove a point and would blow right through him. Who knows, he wasn't challenged enough to show us much. IMO it was a pretty boring episode besides the bickering between lazy Matt and Bisping.Whooooooooooooooo!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure the ginga ninja is Danny, and no he did not do well. I know you're talking about "short fuse" Herman, and I expected more out of him. He stayed really calm which is good, but like you said I thought he was trying to prove a point and would blow right through him. Who knows, he wasn't challenged enough to show us much. IMO it was a pretty boring episode besides the bickering between lazy Matt and Bisping.Whooooooooooooooo!
It will be interesting to see what Matt will be able to do other than takedowns and GnP.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I hope that ginger piece or crap gets his head knocked off...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I thought Ed would have dominated that fight far better..And personally I think Kalib will tear through his entire set-up..And not just because he is Canadian. I actually think Kalib and Kendall are the top middleweights.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Yeah I kinna like Ed. I knew he would win. But I expected him to take down the dude immediately. Instead he played around and got a hand dropped into his head for it.

I sooo wanted to get in there and kick butt but I'd be out of my mind, cuz I got vision problems. I wanted to rock somebodys world baaad. :)

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yes. Really I think Ed needs work. he needs to physically strengthin himself to make his bows more powerfull. hes got it in his head what it takes now hes gotta work out so hes not a stick anymore. I think Shammy can definately help him with that.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man I hope Matt wins . Ed talked way to much s***. I was not impressed, slow , weak , and looked like s***. The other guy was like a girl and whined all week about his back. Matt is already at a disadvantage . Its always good when the underdog ends up on top. Hell thats the whole reason I started working out.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think Frank Shammy could bring him up to speed, Ken?

I've never been a Ken Admirer, and less so every time I see him talk or fight.

The rumor mill is buzzing that Tito will fight Ken in July instead of Griffin, that's his knee is recovered sufficently, it's time to shut up Glamrock once and for all.
Didn't griffin and tito fight in UFC 59 And tito won I missed it

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I like Ken, but it's obvious that Tito is a better coach. Tito doesn't give them many breaks. Tito wants to train them not babysit them. And that's why I like Tito.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I thought Ed would have dominated that fight far better..And personally I think Kalib will tear through his entire set-up..And not just because he is Canadian. I actually think Kalib and Kendall are the top middleweights.
I don't know if you've seen Kalib fight outside of TUF, but lets remember the one guy that he faced on the show was a complete joke, and had no MMA experience. Don't get me wrong Kalib is good, but that guy made him look great. Kalib and Ed would be a tough fight, toss up for me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Man I hope Matt wins . Ed talked way to much s***. I was not impressed, slow , weak , and looked like s***. The other guy was like a girl and whined all week about his back. Matt is already at a disadvantage . Its always good when the underdog ends up on top. Hell thats the whole reason I started working out.
Different weight divisions brotha, and Matt is more of a ***** then anyone on the show. Bisping has been handling him nicely. He got punched in the jaw so he wanted people to make him sandwiches, come on now. He's always requesting for people to make him food, and is annoying as hell with his whoooooooooooo's. Also he is going all out in training, slamming dudes and pounding them, then he gets hit, and let the whining begin. Bisping has a great attitude toward him, he doesn't feel bad for him cause he's deaf, he treats him like he would anyone else.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Didn't griffin and tito fight in UFC 59 And tito won I missed it
Yup, they already fought, and Tito eaked out a split decision. I felt Forrest won the fight, but it was real close. Tito was injured so he couldn't shoot for sh*t.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great observation. But I still hope Matt does good . I have a soft heart for challenged people.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that Tito and Shamrock are going to fight at UFC 61 along with the Arlovski/Sylvia rematch. If Tito beats Shamrock and Chuck beats Babalu at UFC 62, then Chuck and Tito will fight again.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Great observation. But I still hope Matt does good . I have a soft heart for challenged people.
I totally understand where you're coming from, having a soft heart for challenged people. I do think Matt is a good guy all around, he's probably just used to people treating him special and going out of their way to help him. Sometimes he just acts like he's better then everyone else, he might not even know he's doing it, but its still obnoxious. If he can impose his gameplan he should be unstoppable, his wrestling is at such a higher level then anyone. Hopefully he can take a strike come fight time.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
do they ever show replays of the episodes? I missed this past one and would really like to see it.

maybe its on the net somewhere??

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I believe they show it tonight. I think its on at 10 or 11.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if you've seen Kalib fight outside of TUF, but lets remember the one guy that he faced on the show was a complete joke, and had no MMA experience. Don't get me wrong Kalib is good, but that guy made him look great. Kalib and Ed would be a tough fight, toss up for me.
Yeah, I believe I have seen him on King of The Cage, it's like the Canadian UFC.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More like a minor league system for fighters.
Pretty much, just as the CFL is a minor league system for NFL players, hence the Canadian NFL....Tomatoe, tomahtoe by brother

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I believe I have seen him on King of The Cage, it's like the Canadian UFC.
KOTC is not Canadian. Are you thinking of TKO? I think I've seen every KOTC, and don't remember seeing him. Do you remember which event it was, or who he fought?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
KOTC is not Canadian. Are you thinking of TKO? I think I've seen every KOTC, and don't remember seeing him. Do you remember which event it was, or who he fought?
Yeah sorry man, that was a brain fart..I think it was the NFC where I saw him.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude did anyone see The fight last night? who won.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think ED Is a little Full of himself. I Know I could Bust his A**. :bruce3:

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Is that good **** or bad ****? Wooooo.............

Is Hamill like Josh Koscheck, a wrestler with great takedowns and not able to finish his opponent? We shall see.

I hope Bisping wins it all and someone KTFO outta Ed.
we'll have to see. Matt has an incredible work ethic and has always been really nice, i am really pulling for him

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Who knows how long he was really doing it, it couldve been a few times, a few days, weeks, who knows, but it didnt seem like he was doing it that much to me. And it was obvious he was joking around, he walked up to Mike laughing about it and slapped him on the shoulder. But, it sure as hell would be annoying if it is a usual thing

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Next year we'll get to see Ed on "Blind Date" being the drunken psycho, he and his date can eat at Danny's "Ultimate" sandwich shop. :D
Lets hope he does a little of this ---> :squat: before that happens :) the man is a stick

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
we'll have to see. Matt has an incredible work ethic and has always been really nice, i am really pulling for him
Don't get me wrong, Matt seems like a nice guy and all, but I would like to see Bisping pound him! Matt's chin might be a little suspect acting the way he did...but who am I to judge? I flinch just watching this ****!

Tito seems to see a lot of potential in Matt (and rightfully so), so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends taking him in his camp like some of the past coaches have done with other TUF fighters.

Edit: I don't really think suspect chin is what I was trying to say...not sure how to word it, but I think Matt's in for a surprise when he gets into the ring. It seems like he's never really been hit hard before.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Don't get me wrong, Matt seems like a nice guy and all, but I would like to see Bisping pound him! Matt's chin might be a little suspect acting the way he did...but who am I to judge? I flinch just watching this ****!

Tito seems to see a lot of potential in Matt (and rightfully so), so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends taking him in his camp like some of the past coaches have done with other TUF fighters.

Edit: I don't really think suspect chin is what I was trying to say...not sure how to word it, but I think Matt's in for a surprise when he gets into the ring. It seems like he's never really been hit hard before.
I agree with that (not the part about wanting to see him get his ass kicked though :)).
I dont know how good of a fighter he is, but hopefully the fight will be fun to watch. A lot of them have been kind of lame, so who knows.

What I heard from my friend (my good friend wrestled with matt's best friend's brother) is that the way Matt was selected was that he was a bouncer in a bar and there was a big bar fight and the other 2 bouncers tried to break it up, but werent able to do anything. Then Matt went in and started tossing people around and it happened to be it was when some UFC heads were at that bar and saw it all go down so they asked him to do the show.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
I dunno, theres sometimes a mental part to being able to take a hit. I got hit in the eye in a fight with my glasses and it bent the frame and popped the plastic lense out. It hurt but I was too mad to care. he started backing away from me taking reaching swings but I wanted to KHTFO. He took me to the ground and wrapped me up and had he not pulled off of me and left me alone when he did, I'd have F'ed him up bad.

sometimes you just gotta not care that you have pain. But hey we'll see cuz the only way to find out is to wait till they mix it up in the Octagon. :)

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I know what you mean. I have semi-heavy hands but they'll put you in a world of hurt. My grandfather boxed in the Navy and always said if you want to do the most damage get in his face and then punch him, I can testify to that when I hit a bag. I'm built like a Linebacker but a notable thing is it's not just my fists a guy needs to be concerned about, it's my knees.. I found out on my friends bag I have knees that will re-arange a person's intestines. But like I said I have eye sight problems.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with that (not the part about wanting to see him get his ass kicked though :)).
I'm not saying that b/c I don't like the kid, but b/c I like Bisping more. Honestly, I'm pretty interested in seeing Matt do well...just not if he and Bisping somehow end up matched up...that guy cracks me up.

Handling hits to a non nerve center like the cheekbone is a learned skill that requires hard sparring to develop, handling hits to nerve centers like the edge of the chin is mostly genetic, a sensitivity (Vitali Klitscheko, Arlovski?) or Insensitivity (Fedor, Silva, Hunt) that can't be truly overcome with training.
Great point! If you have a weak chin you can't do much but hope to defend that big blow. Who knows, Matt could have a chin like Cabbage, but he's probably never been hit real hard to know. It should be interesting to see him match up with a striker that can keep it on their feet for a while.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt like kendall cause i thought he was not representing hawaii well at first but i'd like to see him win now. who is the other guy in his weight class? btw. shamrock got his ass handed to him by tito that's why he's so mad...or embarrassed.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah that was luck. why is it the fans and the judges always disagree as to who really won the fight?

drunk

Awards
I'm looking forward to Matt and Mike fighting. Im rooting for Mike just because he's from Denver and I got my last tattoo at his shop, not by him though. I read an article about him and he said his fight was the bloodiest fight, so another reason to look forward to the fight.

Spartan117

Awards
Anybody think last nites fight looked like a tuff man competition not an UFC fight?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One of the worst, most sloppy fights I've ever seen. I was far from impressed with either of those guys. Neither one of them can strike for **** and or showed anything great grappling-wise.

If Matt is going to be the next champion like Tito thinks, he's got a LONG LONG road to walk.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
would have been alot better fight if mike actually did what shamrock was telling him and kicked and knee'd him more.....obviously...if you suspect a guy is going to bring you to the floor whenever he can because he is a great wrestler.....and he doesnt.....the first thing that would go through my mind is "whats wrong with him" and "he is not going to the floor at all" and then i would start thinking what would have to happen to not want to go to the mat with me....and while i was trying to figure it out...i would be kicking and kneeing the ****e out of him until i figure out what is wrong with him.....but thats my opinion.....

mike could have won if he would have just did what shamrock told him....dont go toe to toe....only throw counters.....and knee and kick the ****e out of him.....especially with his legs and arms being so long.....i would have kept him at a distance and just blasted him.

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
That fight was so ****ty I dont even know what to say. I was clearly expecting more from Matt, but oh well. Now we know what he is really like in MMA/UFC, and it is not impressive at all.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yet another episode that i missed. they rerun them all at the end... did they say who fights next week?

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
That blows. I missed it. wonder who's fightin next?

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Matt didnt look in good shape, but being he is a wrestler, it was an impressive fight. Or maybe Mike is the ****tiest boxer ever. The supposedly one dimensional wrestler out struck that guy about as much as you can.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yup I kinna agree about the weakness after adrinaline. it sucks. It's a miracle you can stand up after it's gone away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
Mulletsoldier MMA 116
MMA 114
bla55 MMA 71