the ultimate fighter

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Damn, just saw Bisping vs Kristian. Bisping tore it up. That being said, I'm curious to know how this would have gone if Kristian's head didn't split like that.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
good question man, that would be interesting to find out.

Snipervirus

Awards
Well, Kristian was a good kid, meaning that he had lots of experience. He has more pro fights than Shamrock and Ortiz. BUT, he is older too and would have gassed by the third round or so. I still think it would have gone either way.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, he didn't seem to have great conditioning and I think the outcome would have been the same despite the cut.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah one word for him would be Cardio, lots of cardio so he could go the distance.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FYI TUF3 Finale Is On NOW

What I don't get is Ed Herman beating Dave Menne.

Menne must be a shadow of his former self, the Dave I've seen from UFC past would have totally dominated the Herman I've seen on TUF.
Could it be possible that Ed has let his ego get the best of him while on TUF? Maybe he took the TUF competition too lightly and it was a poor representation of his true abilities. We'll find out soon enough.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
Man what a fight...I like both of those fights but I still saw openings for armbars, leglocks, and ankle locks. As well as more positionings for whoop-ass knee strikes at close range. I even saw an opening for a kick ass kick to the abdominals.

But the great thing is I saw a good bit less of those types of openings but they were still there.

size

Awards
  • Established
Results:

- Mike Nickels defeated Wes Combs by RNC at 3:20 R1
- Matt Hamill defeated Jesse Forbes by GNP at 4:47 R1
- Luigi Fiorivanti defeated Solomon Hutcherson by KO 4:15 R1
- Kalib Starnes defeated Danny Abbadi by RNC 2:56 R1
- Rory Singer defeated Ross Pointon by triangle choke :44 R1
- Keith Jardine defeated Wilson Gouveia by unanimous decision
- Kendall Grove defeated Ed Herman by unanimous decision
- Michael Bisping defeated Josh Haynes TKO at 4:14 of RD2
- Kenny Forian defeated Sam Stout by RNC at 1:46 of RD1

Biggest upset was Mike Nickles defeating Wes Combs.
No big upsets outside of that one.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Is there any way I can see the fights they didn't show on SPIKE? (Nickels, Rory, etc)

Snipervirus

Awards
Not sure, but Ed Herman DID get a contract with the UFC. It was a great fight, but I do agree that Grove won it.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Not sure, but Ed Herman DID get a contract with the UFC. It was a great fight, but I do agree that Grove won it.
I agree. Ed is a good fighter and I'm glad he got a contract, but he lost. Looked to me like he got burned out in the 2nd round struggling to pull out of a submission.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
Re: FYI TUF3 Finale Is On NOW

Could it be possible that Ed has let his ego get the best of him while on TUF? Maybe he took the TUF competition too lightly and it was a poor representation of his true abilities. We'll find out soon enough.
No doubt about it. I thought Ed looked like he really had his **** together. With all the talking he did on the show I and the performances on the show I really didn’t think he was as good as he thought but last night he proved me wrong. Even though he lost he fought a great fight IMO.

And Bisping looked like a champ in the making. It will be interesting to see how far he goes.

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yes I was really impressed with Bisping. He looked like the million bucks that he got in his contract. And I agree with the other dude, the other dude was in the wrong weight class.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes I was really impressed with Bisping. He looked like the million bucks that he got in his contract. And I agree with the other dude, the other dude was in the wrong weight class.
Not to be an ass, but the contract was for six figures, not seven...Man that would be pretty sweet though...

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
:) math never was my thing lol thanks for the correction

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I see bisping doing some great things. I also think that Ed could possibly drop to 170 and maybe be a little more dominant. He doesnt seem very strong, just c o c k y. His standup was not great, he is not very fast, his GNP was decent. I would have to say, the best that he showed on Sat. was his ability to get out of submissions, but he was gassed.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I see bisping doing some great things. I also think that Ed could possibly drop to 170 and maybe be a little more dominant. He doesnt seem very strong, just c o c k y. His standup was not great, he is not very fast, his GNP was decent. I would have to say, the best that he showed on Sat. was his ability to get out of submissions, but he was gassed.
I don't see Ed doing that well even at 170. He's just not that talented, he does come from Team Quest and maybe he can turn into a cardio work horse like Couture, but I doubt it. Now if Bisping drops to 185, I think he has a very bright future. I think he'd give Franklin a run at 185.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
At 6'2", I don't think Ed could make 170. If he did, he would be a stick.

Bisping at 185 would be interesting and I think that he could probably make that weight. I'd rather see him fight some better competition at 205 and then take on Chuck. Chuck has had trouble with good strikers in the past like Rampage, Overeem, and Guy (he won the last two, but had trouble for a while).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ed does already look pretty lean, but there are a lot of guys that cut down A LOT and then enter into the ring at 20+ lbs heavier.

Maybe his answer will be to bulk up more and become a force as a ground and pound guy. It's not like he can get any slower.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established

Bisping at 185 would be interesting and I think that he could probably make that weight. I'd rather see him fight some better competition at 205 and then take on Chuck. Chuck has had trouble with good strikers in the past like Rampage, Overeem, and Guy (he won the last two, but had trouble for a while).

Kendall is 6'6 and a 1/4 at 185, ed is loose. He has probally a good 6lbs that he could loose, then cut the rest in water the night prior like the rest of them do. He just isnt strong enough to compete with a skilled ground fighter. :bruce1:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Bisping has a long way to go before he even thinks about facing Chuck. Chuck would really dominate easily. I really don't think Bisping has a chance at beating any of the top 205ers any time soon. A couple years with a good camp and maybe then he could be competitive at 205. For now he is better suited at 185. He would make a great fight with Louiseau, Horn, Leben, even A. Silva and Franklin. I'd love to see TUF 1 vs. TUF 3, with Swick fighting Bisping. Bisping's a great fighter, he reminds me of Vanderlei with his aggressive finishing tactics:twisted:

mcgwirefan37

mcgwirefan37

Awards
yeah I think being at 185 would be great preparation to eventually jump to 205 and then go at it. That way he can train, and honor his contract at the same time.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Bisping has a long way to go before he even thinks about facing Chuck. Chuck would really dominate easily. I really don't think Bisping has a chance at beating any of the top 205ers any time soon. A couple years with a good camp and maybe then he could be competitive at 205. For now he is better suited at 185. He would make a great fight with Louiseau, Horn, Leben, even A. Silva and Franklin. I'd love to see TUF 1 vs. TUF 3, with Swick fighting Bisping. Bisping's a great fighter, he reminds me of Vanderlei with his aggressive finishing tactics:twisted:
Obviously, he's not ready. That's why I said fight some better competition at 205 first. I'd just like to see the UFC throw some decent strikers at Chuck and given their decision to pay out 1.3 million for Royce rather than go after Silva or Rampage when they were free agents, I don't see them bringing in any big names. Bisping has potential for the future and Chuck ain't getting any younger.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bispring looked good but not great. If you think he looked great look at his competition...I think he will get pounded if he steps up to the plate against the top guys in his class. He has to train a lot more before he wins a belt.

BTW, I wonder how Kendall will do if he continues to train with Tito. He showed very good jujitsu skills in the fight against Ed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
Mulletsoldier MMA 116
MMA 114
bla55 MMA 71