Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
My vote is for the Spider. After the narrow escape against (roided up???) Chael Sonnen, I think he has something to prove.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
You have a point. But spider must not take easy on former Champ Vitor Belfort.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have a point. But spider must not take easy on former Champ Vitor Belfort.
Calling Vitor a former champ, although technically correct, is very misleading. He "won" via a fluke cut within the opening seconds against Couture.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calling Vitor a former champ, although technically correct, is very misleading. He "won" via a fluke cut within the opening seconds against Couture.
I don't count fluke cut victories, which is also why I never counted Fedor's fluke cut loss. Talent & preparation doesn't trump talent & preparation in a fluke cut victory, imho.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Besides the possibility of a flash KO, I dont see what Vitor has for this. Yes he is talented with good pop, but that will be useless against Anderson.

Hopefully then....Anderson/GSP

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Besides the possibility of a flash KO, I dont see what Vitor has for this. Yes he is talented with good pop, but that will be useless against Anderson.

Anderson/GSP to me, is very close in significance to say a Mayweather/Pacman. There's almost no words for it. Of course I'd care much more about Anderson/GSP cause I'm primarily an MMA fan, but you get the drift, it'd be the "Rumble In The Jungle" status of MMA, imho.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anderson/GSP to me, is very close in significance to say a Mayweather/Pacman. There's almost no words for it. Of course I'd care much more about Anderson/GSP cause I'm primarily an MMA fan, but you get the drift, it'd be the "Rumble In The Jungle" status of MMA, imho.
Couldnt agree more. It is the biggest fight out there, with the 2 (not even arguable) best fighters in the world. It has the possibility of taking MMA even more mainstream.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I doubt we'll ever see GSP/Anderson, especially with Yushin Okami already having the next shot at the MW championship and Chael still lingering in the background.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
If Anderson is on his striking game, I don't see GSP getting near him. The reach advantage is substantial. The only problem I see is how damned strong GSP would be at 185 vs Silva having to diet down quite a bit more to get to 185. Silva looked flat against Sonnen. I am wondering if fighting at that weight is getting harder and harder for Silva as he ages.

ChrisSurf

Awards
My money is on Vitor, he's like Chael in the way of he'll charge and bring the fight to Silva vs others just floundering around trying to figure out what to do, Vitor won't be afraid to engage him and Silva showed he doesn't like it when people charge and engage him (i.e. Chael).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Anderson is on his striking game, I don't see GSP getting near him. The reach advantage is substantial. The only problem I see is how damned strong GSP would be at 185 vs Silva having to diet down quite a bit more to get to 185. Silva looked flat against Sonnen. I am wondering if fighting at that weight is getting harder and harder for Silva as he ages.
GSP has a 2inch reach advantage over Chael Sonnen and Sonnen wasn't too obstructed by Andy's striking and GSP actually knows how to strike and defend striking, whereas, Sonnen's arms while standing are just wild distractions to set up a TD, not to mention Sonnen actually managed to land a few himself on the feet.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
GSP has a 2inch reach advantage over Chael Sonnen and Sonnen wasn't too obstructed by Andy's striking and GSP actually knows how to strike and defend striking, whereas, Sonnen's arms while standing are just wild distractions to set up a TD, not to mention Sonnen actually managed to land a few himself on the feet.
That's why I said "if he's on". Silva looked VERY flat in that fight against Sonnen, kinda like he needed some extra testosterone or something :stick:

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established

That is gonna be a fight of the century but I remember Dana White said "Anderson Silva does not deserve GSP", after the fight of Damian Mia which is the most embarrassment fights to the UFC.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a recent interview with DW he did say he was going to get that fight together if they both win their upcoming fights. With that said....DW is known togo back on his word a time or two

SeniorXJ

Awards

I AGREE!!!
-Ive seen every friggen UFC that has ever taken place, ive bought & recorded every UFC since 51, ive even kept track of other organizations such as, Pride, K-1, M1-Global, Strikeforce, IFL, WEC, EliteXC, Affliction, & the lower MMA events such as King of the Cage & Bulldog.
-Ive been a student of Mui Tai & BJJ for years & tried out for season 2 of the Ultimate Fighter, & in my honest opinion,,, what has Vitor done to deserve a title shot???
-I hate it when u have a super talent like Anderson & GSP, & the've cleaned out there divisions & Dana is now just throwing guys infront of them!! Maybe at one point he had a big name, but Vitor came on the scene when he was a kid for christ sakes, juiced out of his mind, was expected to be a superior Ju Jitsu guy & suprized everyone with his hand speed!!
-Not many people have seen any of his recent fights cauz he hasnt had many, & now without the muscles & endurance he had a decade ago, a "Flask TKO" is his only shot & i expect it to be another "no action" type of fight!! They will dance & hold restraint cauz Anderson is a counter-striker & so is Vitor!!!!

-Everytime ive pointed this out it has happened, BUT Dana has gone on the record saying, "He will FIRE Anderson" if he pulls another clown-around fight so it will be interesting to see if he swings first!!!!!!

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Dana White is a blow hard. He will NOT be firing Silva any time soon.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Silva will pick Vitor apart but Vitor does have that one-punch knockout power, so...

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I want to see anderson/gsp as much as anyone.. but I have a bad feeling one of them is going to lose. Despite that fact, I hope this isn't like a pacquiao-mayweather when it's in every conversation but everyone knows it won't happen. I'd also like to see the spider take out Okami before he fights GSP, then retire.. put a stamp on the division for good. Hopefully, they both win, are uninjured, Dana/Joe are good on setting that match up, and it ends up being he fight of the century.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I also don't think Chael's really lingering at the top. Who knows what'll happen with his legal woes, and despite his success against the top prospects in the division, he'll have to win at least one before another title shot, which would be after Okami and/or GSP have a shot at the title. That being said, I don't know of anyone that doesn't want to see sonnen/silva again.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I also don't think Chael's really lingering at the top. Who knows what'll happen with his legal woes, and despite his success against the top prospects in the division, he'll have to win at least one before another title shot, which would be after Okami and/or GSP have a shot at the title. That being said, I don't know of anyone that doesn't want to see sonnen/silva again.
Yeah, I'd like to see that again. Sonnen gave it away. He was at the one-yard line and couldn't get into the endzone :dead:

FelipeBR

FelipeBR

Awards
Essa luta vai ser do caralho. Brasileiro contra Brasileiro.

Alguem sabe quando vai ser essa luta ?

heheheh BRAZIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Eagle

Awards
I'm not wasting my money on this ppv, Silva hasn't been exciting to watch for quite a while.

Sent from my Android device

ChrisSurf

Awards
I AGREE!!!
-Ive seen every friggen UFC that has ever taken place, ive bought & recorded every UFC since 51, ive even kept track of other organizations such as, Pride, K-1, M1-Global, Strikeforce, IFL, WEC, EliteXC, Affliction, & the lower MMA events such as King of the Cage & Bulldog.
-Ive been a student of Mui Tai & BJJ for years & tried out for season 2 of the Ultimate Fighter, & in my honest opinion,,, what has Vitor done to deserve a title shot???
-I hate it when u have a super talent like Anderson & GSP, & the've cleaned out there divisions & Dana is now just throwing guys infront of them!! Maybe at one point he had a big name, but Vitor came on the scene when he was a kid for christ sakes, juiced out of his mind, was expected to be a superior Ju Jitsu guy & suprized everyone with his hand speed!!
-Not many people have seen any of his recent fights cauz he hasnt had many, & now without the muscles & endurance he had a decade ago, a "Flask TKO" is his only shot & i expect it to be another "no action" type of fight!! They will dance & hold restraint cauz Anderson is a counter-striker & so is Vitor!!!!

-Everytime ive pointed this out it has happened, BUT Dana has gone on the record saying, "He will FIRE Anderson" if he pulls another clown-around fight so it will be interesting to see if he swings first!!!!!!
Their both counter-fighters, however like I said before, Vitor is like Chael in the way that he'll bring the fight to Silva and charge him... which Chael did and Silva pretty much showed that he does not like that as it seems to throw him off guard, I mean Chael made Silva look like his lil bitch the whole time till he got lucky with that submission. Vitor IMO has more power and speed than Chael. Vitor has been training like a mofo.

Hopefully this is a very good fight and Vitor charges, so we don't see Silva dancing around like a monkey again lol.

SeniorXJ

Awards
Their both counter-fighters, however like I said before, Vitor is like Chael in the way that he'll bring the fight to Silva and charge him... which Chael did and Silva pretty much showed that he does not like that as it seems to throw him off guard, I mean Chael made Silva look like his lil bitch the whole time till he got lucky with that submission. Vitor IMO has more power and speed than Chael. Vitor has been training like a mofo.

Hopefully this is a very good fight and Vitor charges, so we don't see Silva dancing around like a monkey again lol.

-You are correct in the "strategy" that Vitor NEEDS to deploy to beat Silva as it was very interesting to see Chael charge him, connect, back him up, & taking him down for 4 rounds in a row!! The problem was Chael couldnt finish him & by round 4 he figured he'd coast to a decision & got caught which DID show that Silva is a good champion!!

-This fight could go either way & i think it will be won by who takes the center octagon & THEN pushes foward, establishes his RANGE, & waits for that opening & lays the other out!! Both can be knocked out by the other, but if no one takes the lead & pushes foward then we will see another 5 round dancing contest!!

((Think of it like Randy Coutures ability to impose his will power!!))

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Chael got impatient at a point where he was also very fatigued. He essentially handed Silva his arm. He never should have raised up. I think if he had stayed tight and low in Silva's guard, he would have won a unanimous decision.

I don't know much about Belfort but I don't think he has the same wrestling credentials as Sonnen. He may not be able to enact the same type of game plan.

SeniorXJ

Awards
-Just read an interview with Dana White & he even said that this could be the greatest fight ever OR the worst staring contest in the history of MMA!!!!
-Did u know these two used to be friends & training partners in Brazil & that Vitor pulled out of a fight with Silva before claiming an injury but it was reported his "mind" just wasnt right & he couldnt face his long-time friend!!!!
:spank:
:buttkick:
:spankme:
:nutkick:

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
I think chael and belfort have different fighting style. Chael is a wrestler and belfort is a counter with viscous striking ability. Anyone agree?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Just read an interview with Dana White & he even said that this could be the greatest fight ever OR the worst staring contest in the history of MMA!!!!
-Did u know these two used to be friends & training partners in Brazil & that Vitor pulled out of a fight with Silva before claiming an injury but it was reported his "mind" just wasnt right & he couldnt face his long-time friend!!!!
:spank:
:buttkick:
:spankme:
:nutkick:
Any fan of MMA is well aware that they were once a part of the Black House Gym along with Lyoto and the Nogs.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Isnt part of the reason that Chael lasted so long with Silva was because Silva wanted to try and submit him instead of knocking him out?

squatmonster

Awards
I am looking to see Belfort catch him early then a ground battle , then its a toss up. Since Vitor may have have a touch of ring rust this is a hard one to call . My money is on Belfort just because I wanna see Silva get beat hopefully by submission or stoppage not decision.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Isnt part of the reason that Chael lasted so long with Silva was because Silva wanted to try and submit him instead of knocking him out?
yea thats it, the game plan was to get beat to $hit for 5 rounds and pull off a triangle in the last minute. i cant stand anderson, just shut up and fight dude...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a steaming pile of BS. No one risks 4 1/2 Championship rounds so they can try and finish their opponent in a very specific manner. Cause Silva lost every round until Chael gift wrapped his arm for Silva.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
whats really retarded is that the anderson fight was like the 8th or so time chael got caught in a sub from someones guard. time to hire a BJJ instructor?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
If I had to put money, I'd go with Silva although I don't like the dude. I'd love to see Vitor win but he has been away from the game for a very long time.

SeniorXJ

Awards
-Im gonna say that i "WANT TO SEE" Anderson win in fantastic style like he did against Franklin, this way he comes off of a BIG win & then its up to GSP to put on the "Super Fight" of a lifetime in all of MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
((& thats the only reason i wanna see him win!! LoL!!))

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody else catch Silva's and Vitor's weigh ins?

It was a little intense :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Im gonna say that i "WANT TO SEE" Anderson win in fantastic style like he did against Franklin, this way he comes off of a BIG win & then its up to GSP to put on the "Super Fight" of a lifetime in all of MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
((& thats the only reason i wanna see him win!! LoL!!))
Jesus Christ man, punctuations are your friends and the caps lock button is not. Your posts are going to give somebody an epileptic seizure.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Watch Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort Live Stream Online UFC 126. UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on February 5, 2011 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Check Sportsbun for the live stream
Watch UFC 124 Live Stream : Watch GSP vs Koscheck Online Free. UFC 124 St-Pierre vs. Koscheck 2 is an upcoming mma event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on December 11, 2010 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec.

Check Sportsbun for the live stream link
Two posts and two plugs. Anybody for some spam? :spam:

SeniorXJ

Awards
Jesus Christ man, punctuations are your friends and the caps lock button is not. Your posts are going to give somebody an epileptic seizure.

-What the hell does that mean?? Punctuatiuons & puttin a word in caps is the same thing to me!! Puts emphasis on that word. Why would that give someone a seizure??
(Yes i know ur exageratin, & jokin w/me, but i dont get ur point 2 begin with)

SeniorXJ

Awards
So do i get any credit points for calling it up the middle or what!! LOL!!
:smokin:

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
My vote is for the Spider. After the narrow escape against (roided up???) Chael Sonnen, I think he has something to prove.
That oughta shut Dana up. Next.....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else think that fight looked a bit suspect (a la versus Forrest)?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a nice slice of BS. How does Anderson have 3 highlights where he KO's a guy in one random, completely unassuming shot? At what point did he become super human?