Best MMA Fighter of all time?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Anderson the greatest of all time? By beating Franklin, Hendo and Nate Marquardt? We'll see, not even close at this point. Needs to finish guys like Leites, Maia and Cote*. Also a few bad losses earlier in his career don't help.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%

Joe Son
    Keith Hackney
    Emmanuel Yarbrough

Or more correctly Fedor. Randy Couture is up there in my opinion though, especially considering he broke into the sport at the age of 35.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    Joe Son
    Keith Hackney
    Emmanuel Yarbrough

Or more correctly Fedor. Randy Couture is up there in my opinion though, especially considering he broke into the sport at the age of 35.
    how could you forget Teila Tuli??? ummm hello the first teeth to be spilled onto the octagon floor??
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.17%

keith hackney(the giant killer) he was exciting to watch. especially the fight where he broke his hand punching the back of the big sumo guys neck. Then after the fight says those shots woulda killed a normal person.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post
    There's many that come to mind.

Hoyce
    Fedor
    Vitor
    Mark Kerr....the "Smashing Machine"
    Mark Coleman
    Don Frye because IMO the least technical fighter of all time but was a Man who could give a beating and take a beating.
    Bas
    Frank Shamrock
    Takanori Gomi
    Sakuraba
    Masakatsu Funaki

The Spider is a maybe but to early to tell and forget Brock. I do like Lyoto Machida and Chael Sonnen and they have alot of potential to be greats.
    one of the worsts lists ive seen.

Fedor takes it easy. I am not much of a gracie fan. A lot of guys they fought, the sport was so new these guys look like they drank the night before. Still amazing what they did.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.77%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    how could you forget Teila Tuli??? ummm hello the first teeth to be spilled onto the octagon floor??
    Technically, it was the first tooth to be kicked into a ufc audience.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%

Also the first tooth embedded in another fighter's foot, which had to remain to keep it from bleeding and led to a subsequent infection for the ear-biting Gerard Gordeau.

The more you know.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.14%

royce gracie
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Fedor...hands down. Prove me wrong.

Silva has a looong ways to go. Not a ton of top-level wins, and some bad losses.

I'd love to see Lesnar fight someone in their prime. Fedor would rape him.

Now I love Sakuraba...but comon! He beat up a few Gracies, and he's a god? IMO: the Silva fights derailed his career.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.95%

Fedor wins. No contest.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.09%

Quote Originally Posted by protempsfish View Post
    George St Pierre
    Kudos for being the first to say it! I was getting worried as I scrolled down and just saw mirages of Fedor & Anderson votes. For the time being I'd also say Silva but in a few years GSP will be the best ever. He's just improving vastly and he's the prototype MMArtist. Yeah, I jizz whenever he gets the takedown.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hitsquaddd View Post
    Kudos for being the first to say it! I was getting worried as I scrolled down and just saw mirages of Fedor & Anderson votes. For the time being I'd also say Silva but in a few years GSP will be the best ever. He's just improving vastly and he's the prototype MMArtist. Yeah, I jizz whenever he gets the takedown.
    I'm going to enjoy watching GSP smother Kos. The only thing GSP needs to work on against Koscheck is his HTD (Hollywood Theatrics Defense).

GSP should spend some of his training camp in Beverly Hills so he can hit up some local improv classes, maybe check out the Laugh Factory so he can polish that HTD, Kosheck's HT is solid, seriously. Rumor has it Koscheck once got a cop to believe a paraplegic kicked him, nay, an illegal kick.... serious HT.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.76%

GSP is definitely my favorite... but going as far as to say who is the best is almost like saying who is the best guitarist of all time. :\
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.59%

Quote Originally Posted by mh625 View Post
    somewhere on this list needs to be Hendo and the Axe Murderer
    Hells YEAH !! Wandy is my alltime fav. When figuring out the best ever I can't help but take into account the fighter as a person as well as their fights . This seriously bumps up Wandy and Hendo . Never the biggest guys but NEVER backed down to anyone , sometimes to their own shagrin . And they kept it classy as champs , gave 100% everytime , Wandy gave us the greatest staredowns of all time , basically there was just never any bullsh!t surrounding these guys or their performances . This same arguement does not help people like Andy "I like to dance" Silva .
    Bottom line , Fedor makes the best all around case for the greatest ever . A case which is unfortunately getting weaker the more he and his douchebag management decide to continue fighting outside the UFC . - Only my humble opinion , I'd like to avoid the sh!tstorm that comes with taking ANYthing away from Fedor based on his more recent opponents .
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Impact25 View Post
    I'd say Anderson Silva.....but I do love Brock Lesnar
    You are a funny guy ! Vitor will knok AS's head off and then Andy can dedicate himself fulltime to dethroning the little 14 year old asian girl who rules the Dance Dance Revolution roost at my local arcade .
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.77%

Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson View Post
    Now I love Sakuraba...but comon! He beat up a few Gracies, and he's a god? IMO: the Silva fights derailed his career.
    I wouldnt call him a god, but certainly a legand and one of the best submission wrestlers ever. Beating the Gracies at their own game is very impressive. Up to that point, nobody had neutralized Gracie Jiu-Jitsu as well, let alone 4 times.

He also is a natural middle-welterweight who (allegedly) was pressured by Pride mgmt. to take fights at 205 -sometimes with disastrous results- to get higher profile matches.

And what he did during the Pride Grand Prix 2000 was amazing; he fights Royce for an hour-and-a-half, wins, then fights Igor Vovchanchyn for 15 minutes at a 50lb weight disadvantage. Thats a warrior.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.05%

Show me any piece of logic that says it's not Fedor. He's only lost one fight on an illegal elbow, early in his career. He's run through all kinds of champions and legends.. Goodrich, Coleman, Nogueira, Herring, Kro Cop, Arlovski, Sylvia, Fujita, etc. I just hope he gets in one or two more big time fights before he gets too old so people stop doubting it. He's gotta fight Lesnar... that fight is as likely to happen as Merriweather / Pacquioa

Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned Wanderlei Silva. Back in his pride days I think he was the best pound for pound fighter of all time. I would love to see Wanderlei in his prime verse Anderson Silva now... that would be an interesting match up.

Pound for pound might be (as much as I hate him) Anderson Silva right now.. the guy's a prick but he's got so much talent its ridiculous. Too bad he's wasting it by fighting not to lose and showboating

Similar Forum Threads

1. The best fighter in the world
    By robdog in forum MMA
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
  2. WEC Fighter Needs Sponsor!
    By truckdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
  3. Fedor... Best MMA Fighter of All Time?
    By CryingEmo in forum MMA
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 03:13 PM
  4. Who is the best all time MMA fighter?
    By vruge87 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM
  5. Roids for a fighter
    By Einherjar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 05:55 AM