Best MMA Fighter of all time?

hitsquaddd

hitsquaddd

Awards
George St Pierre
Kudos for being the first to say it! I was getting worried as I scrolled down and just saw mirages of Fedor & Anderson votes. For the time being I'd also say Silva but in a few years GSP will be the best ever. He's just improving vastly and he's the prototype MMArtist. Yeah, I jizz whenever he gets the takedown.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kudos for being the first to say it! I was getting worried as I scrolled down and just saw mirages of Fedor & Anderson votes. For the time being I'd also say Silva but in a few years GSP will be the best ever. He's just improving vastly and he's the prototype MMArtist. Yeah, I jizz whenever he gets the takedown.
I'm going to enjoy watching GSP smother Kos. The only thing GSP needs to work on against Koscheck is his HTD (Hollywood Theatrics Defense).

GSP should spend some of his training camp in Beverly Hills so he can hit up some local improv classes, maybe check out the Laugh Factory so he can polish that HTD, Kosheck's HT is solid, seriously. Rumor has it Koscheck once got a cop to believe a paraplegic kicked him, nay, an illegal kick.... serious HT.

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
GSP is definitely my favorite... but going as far as to say who is the best is almost like saying who is the best guitarist of all time. :\

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
somewhere on this list needs to be Hendo and the Axe Murderer
Hells YEAH !! Wandy is my alltime fav. When figuring out the best ever I can't help but take into account the fighter as a person as well as their fights . This seriously bumps up Wandy and Hendo . Never the biggest guys but NEVER backed down to anyone , sometimes to their own shagrin . And they kept it classy as champs , gave 100% everytime , Wandy gave us the greatest staredowns of all time , basically there was just never any bullsh!t surrounding these guys or their performances . This same arguement does not help people like Andy "I like to dance" Silva .
Bottom line , Fedor makes the best all around case for the greatest ever . A case which is unfortunately getting weaker the more he and his douchebag management decide to continue fighting outside the UFC . - Only my humble opinion , I'd like to avoid the sh!tstorm that comes with taking ANYthing away from Fedor based on his more recent opponents .:sad3:

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
I'd say Anderson Silva.....but I do love Brock Lesnar
You are a funny guy ! Vitor will knok AS's head off and then Andy can dedicate himself fulltime to dethroning the little 14 year old asian girl who rules the Dance Dance Revolution roost at my local arcade .

Vtaper

Awards
Now I love Sakuraba...but comon! He beat up a few Gracies, and he's a god? IMO: the Silva fights derailed his career.
I wouldnt call him a god, but certainly a legand and one of the best submission wrestlers ever. Beating the Gracies at their own game is very impressive. Up to that point, nobody had neutralized Gracie Jiu-Jitsu as well, let alone 4 times.

He also is a natural middle-welterweight who (allegedly) was pressured by Pride mgmt. to take fights at 205 -sometimes with disastrous results- to get higher profile matches.

And what he did during the Pride Grand Prix 2000 was amazing; he fights Royce for an hour-and-a-half, wins, then fights Igor Vovchanchyn for 15 minutes at a 50lb weight disadvantage. Thats a warrior.

ReBilly

ReBilly

Awards
Show me any piece of logic that says it's not Fedor. He's only lost one fight on an illegal elbow, early in his career. He's run through all kinds of champions and legends.. Goodrich, Coleman, Nogueira, Herring, Kro Cop, Arlovski, Sylvia, Fujita, etc. I just hope he gets in one or two more big time fights before he gets too old so people stop doubting it. He's gotta fight Lesnar... that fight is as likely to happen as Merriweather / Pacquioa

Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned Wanderlei Silva. Back in his pride days I think he was the best pound for pound fighter of all time. I would love to see Wanderlei in his prime verse Anderson Silva now... that would be an interesting match up.

Pound for pound might be (as much as I hate him) Anderson Silva right now.. the guy's a prick but he's got so much talent its ridiculous. Too bad he's wasting it by fighting not to lose and showboating