Shogun Rua was robbed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Thumbs down Shogun Rua was robbed.


    Inexcusable Dana. You now have a false champion in Machida. That was the worst decision I have seen in MMA. Unbelievable.
    It's hard to concentrate when I can hear your thoughts.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EVILADAMS View Post
    Inexcusable Dana. You now have a false champion in Machida. That was the worst decision I have seen in MMA. Unbelievable.
    Nice spoiler title..


    There have been worse decisions..
    •   
       


  3. What's Dana got to do with it?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Nice spoiler title..


    There have been worse decisions..
    The only worse decision that comes to mind is Alan Belcher or Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100. but I agree this was a horrible call by the judges and I too am upset.

  5. I think he was robbed as well, but for all 3 judges to score the fight the same way that leads me to believe there's something about the scoring system that I don't understand.
    •   
       


  6. I hate this. finish a fight you have 25 minutes and are the main event. I didnt get to see the whole fight jsut first 2 rounds cuz the feed got dropped but i see everywhere it sucked.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by M15 View Post
    The only worse decision that comes to mind is Alan Belcher or Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100. but I agree this was a horrible call by the judges and I too am upset.
    I thought Hamil vs Bisping was bull****, as was Page vs Forrest.. but it is objective...

  8. oh yeah bisping vs hamil was so gay that bisping dropped to middle weight lol. yeah leg kicks is the only think that scored with page vs forrest. i really hate that gay ass fight.

  9. I was absolutely SPEWING at the decision.

    Absolutely the worst decision in UFC history. You can't compare Bisping vs. Hamill, Bisping vs. Evans or Belcher vs. Akiyama to this fight, they were 3 round fights. This was for the championship. I don't personally think the Griffin vs. Rampage fight was an especially bad decision - Rampage got crippled in that fight.

    I had Shogun winning at least 4 rounds - and to score the remaining round for Machida was iffy to say to the least.

    I know it's the AC who provides the judges etc, but someone made a lot of money on Machida winning tonight as it's the most obviously bent (As opposed to bad) decision I've seen in the UFC. No panel of judges who were on planet Earth could've scored that fight unanimously for Lyoto.

    Complete and utter horse-****.

  10. I agree Shogun looked. Like he won. But I keep asking myself why? I don't buy the conspiracy theories. Only thing I can come up with is that leg kick are not that convincing to judges and champions are favoured.

  11. As an aside, Cain is damn good. I know Nog gets the Brock/Carwin winner, but I can't wait to see Cain get a shot soon.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    As an aside, Cain is damn good. I know Nog gets the Brock/Carwin winner, but I can't wait to see Cain get a shot soon.
    Yes, he keeps a incredible pace but he does not seem to have the ability to convincingly finish against Kongo and Rothwell other than swarming and smothering! With Kongo/Rothwell, he dominated by taking them down. Kongo has no grond game but got up repeatedly. Rothwell looked like he was getting punched by his little sister and could eat those for another round or two. Cain does have grat work ethic but I thing he'll quickly be destroyed by someone who will stuff his takedowns or take him down and one who has good striking at the same time.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Yes, he keeps a incredible pace but he does not seem to have the ability to convincingly finish against Kongo and Rothwell other than swarming and smothering! With Kongo/Rothwell, he dominated by taking them down. Kongo has no grond game but got up repeatedly. Rothwell looked like he was getting punched by his little sister and could eat those for another round or two. Cain does have grat work ethic but I thing he'll quickly be destroyed by someone who will stuff his takedowns or take him down and one who has good striking at the same time.
    I disagree. I think that Rothwell looked battered, beaten and as if his will was being sapped - and this is only after the first round. While the specific point at which the fight was stopped could be labeled "premature," it was more of a cumulative recognition that Rothwell was being handled.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Nice spoiler title..


    There have been worse decisions..
    Apologies. I just figured people would have seen it while it was happening or hacked it immediately. My mistake.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    What's Dana got to do with it?
    Well, when the judges blow a fight it reflects poorly on the UFC = Dana White. That is what Dana has to do with it.

    One of my friends watching the fights said that this was as bad has Bisping Hamel, which was a fight I did not see. I also disagreed with Rampage losing on a decision to Griffin.

    But this was just inexcusable.
    It's hard to concentrate when I can hear your thoughts.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I disagree. I think that Rothwell looked battered, beaten and as if his will was being sapped - and this is only after the first round. While the specific point at which the fight was stopped could be labeled "premature," it was more of a cumulative recognition that Rothwell was being handled.
    I think Rothwell had no heart left at the end of round one. He looked like a guy just trying to survive rather than a guy fighting to win.

    I think the stoppage on it's own was premature, but on the balance of the rest of the fight the ref did him a favour.

  16. Machida knows he lost. Whenever he was asked if he thought he had won the fight his only response was "There were three judges, they all scored it for me" .

    I don't see how Shogun could lose. In terms of effective striking Shogun should have had lyoto by a long shot, he even attempted and landed a flying knee strike to the body. Just about every kick Lyoto let out was countered immediately.

  17. Iím a Machida fan and as soon as it ended I figured he lost it. As much as I wanted him to win I felt like he got beat. Canít really blame him for the bad call and if they fight again I hope he does better but Shogun won this in my opinion.

  18. I cant believe cains punches cant hurt people more than tthey do. when he had him against the fench most could have gotten KO'ed right there. rothwell can take a beating but he was done. he would have gotten taken down again and beat. it was fine with me im glad he won cain is freakin sick but i wish he would reach back for some more power.

    too bad it wasnt a 7 round fight.....

  19. Quote Originally Posted by EVILADAMS View Post



    Well, when the judges blow a fight it reflects poorly on the UFC = Dana White. That is what Dana has to do with it.
    Dana doesn't control the AC and it doesn't reflect poorly on the UFC, it reflects poorly on the AC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    While the specific point at which the fight was stopped could be labeled "premature," it was more of a cumulative recognition that Rothwell was being handled.
    Like a rag doll being handled by a bulldog!

  20. Huge Machida fan too but we all know he got beat(except for the judges). Not his fault but Shogun does deserve another shot.

    Hats off to Shogun too....he brought the pain!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by M15 View Post
    The only worse decision that comes to mind is Alan Belcher or Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 100. but I agree this was a horrible call by the judges and I too am upset.
    gotta disagree on that one. I just watched it again and there's a major punch knocking alan backwards as well as a take down somewhere near the end. I was like oh interesting but not shocked.
    This fight however I was like RRRRRRRUUUUUSERIOUSSSSS? Machida looked like he was too afraid to commit since his legs were hamburger and even though it was close I can't see it in machida's favor. I see it split but in favor of Shogun. just my opinion.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    I cant believe cains punches cant hurt people more than tthey do. when he had him against the fench most could have gotten KO'ed right there. rothwell can take a beating but he was done. he would have gotten taken down again and beat. it was fine with me im glad he won cain is freakin sick but i wish he would reach back for some more power.

    too bad it wasnt a 7 round fight.....
    On the bright side Brock doesn't seem to KO anyone either, and might make for a good fight if that's what it comes down to. Cain could gain a bit more weight and still not wind up a fatty.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Dana doesn't control the AC and it doesn't reflect poorly on the UFC, it reflects poorly on the AC.
    I disagree. Thats your opinion, mine is it reflects poorly on the UFC/Dana.

    End of story.
    It's hard to concentrate when I can hear your thoughts.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    On the bright side Brock doesn't seem to KO anyone either, and might make for a good fight if that's what it comes down to. Cain could gain a bit more weight and still not wind up a fatty.
    Where u been jessep? Did u see Mir's face? Knocked Coture senseless. Broke Heath Herrings orbital bone with one punch! No comparison!

  25. Hi. I was thinking that whatever I'm missing was whatever they talk about judging in japan... that in a championship fight the champ gets the round unless he really loses it with the expectation being that the challenger will try and kill the ****in guy so as to not let the judges get a say. Seems like a good idea but I thought the american system took none of that into account. Anyways, you guys think Dana is overdoing it when he says Mazzagotti has no business ref'ing MMA fights?

  26. Brock masshed Mir, dropped Coture, broke Herring's orbital.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    I think he was robbed as well, but for all 3 judges to score the fight the same way that leads me to believe there's something about the scoring system that I don't understand.
    LOL. I was left scratching my head too. I can't say that I'm surprised though. I'm pretty sure Dana went over to Shogun and told him that he won the fight while Lyoto was about to give the in ring post fight interview.

    ...and neggs for the spoiler in the title
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  28. I can't describe how pissed I am about this.

    Shogun was given literally no chance by nearly everyone except for a very loyal few who still have faith in him.

    He pours his heart and soul into an 6-7 month grueling training camp, away from his pregnant wife. Comes into the fight with the perfect gameplan, and gets robbed by the judges.

    And if that wasn't low enough Machida and his asshat Manager Ed Soares couldn't even give Shogun his due credit when Machida knew damn well that he lost to Shogun.

    I can't ****ing believe this at all.

    Dana is calling for an immediate rematch, but that won't correct how ****ed up this was.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by EVILADAMS View Post
    I disagree. Thats your opinion, mine is it reflects poorly on the UFC/Dana.

    End of story.

  30. That was a perfect example of why it is important to finish the fight. Don't ever let it go to decision.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please, I ask for aid. They robbed to me.
    By macoan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 03:02 AM
  2. My van was robbed
    By Manwhore in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 03:57 PM
  3. I was robbed at KFC w/o a gun
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 10:15 PM
  4. Robbed at the Gym
    By DarCSA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Log in
Log in