Ultimate Fighter 10

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Ultimate Fighter 10


    I dont know if anyone has heard, but several news sources are reporting that season 10 (all heavyweights) will have some good prospects and the addition of none other than Kimbo Slice.

    Dana White has said that for Kimbo to be in the UFC he would have to work his way up, imagine this guy in the house? Also, imagine the ratings if he is on Team Rampage?

    Unreal


  2. interesting, look forward to it if its true!!
    •   
       


  3. Yeah Kimbo is in, he will be a different person to "bird" on youtube.

    He was a pornstars bodyguard who is now world wide famous, that man is either a genius or very lucky.

    You wont see him throwing down on the show.

  4. He will have 1 fight, and get KTFO or tapped.

  5. hahaha yeah i heard this jsut read it before this site. ****s crazy. i think he will win his first and lose his second. do you think they will fight to come on the show? i dont think there are enough legit guys to fight or they get hurt easier so i bet they got 16. also if he gets a contract weather he wins or not i want tito ortiz to fight him because hes good at fighting big beasts hahaha. i freakin hate tito but kimbo is a joke. kimbo was looking for a big pay day and he might embarress himself.

  6. embarrass*

  7. They wont be fighting to get on the show and it will be all heavyweights , as opposed to two weight classes in the house . Unless Slice has improved DRASTICALLY since his loss to Seth "The Smoothie Stand Owner" Petruzelli , then I have to agree with him getting KTFO . However I also have to give props to Kimbo himself . He never tried to hype himself as being great , just as trying to make some money by fighting whoever whenever . All the bullsh!t hype came from Jared Shaw and associates and the youtubemorons who think backyard brawling equates into a legit MMA contender(same morons who like watching girls eat poo) . He knows he has been overrated since day one but still walks into a house where he will most likely get torn to shreds ? I give respect where respect is due .

  8. Add in the fact he still, rightfully or wrongfully, can command a big paycheck but instead has decided to fight for no money whatsoever, and the guy has definitely earned some measure of respect - not as a fighter, but as a person. I feel he simply has too little talent to challenge, but I will reserve full judgment until I see!

  9. I think it will be interesting. For all we know, Slice might respond very well to being coached and pick up some legitimate skills.

  10. Dana is going to look to crush him, surely be cant be built after being demolished by a jab from a UFC-cut fighter?
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Add in the fact he still, rightfully or wrongfully, can command a big paycheck but instead has decided to fight for no money whatsoever, and the guy has definitely earned some measure of respect - not as a fighter, but as a person. I feel he simply has too little talent to challenge, but I will reserve full judgment until I see!
    I agree. I respect the fact he is doing this for the right reasons. He wants to fight. The promotional side of it was not his doing.

    I have heard some of the rumored participants and have to say, some of the guys are fairly legit. I will say this, Slice's first fight will have him coming out like a bull in a china shop, getting taken down and sub'd, end of story

  12. I agree unless slice has upped his game I don't see him making it very far in tuf. We will see how it unfolds! Def looking forward to rampage and rashad. Since we found out rashad has a dynamite chin. Pffffffffffft

  13. he mostly likley upped his game he got 500 grand for losing! so he doesnt need to work all he needs to do is train. I think hes a joke but i do think he likes to fight and i hope he gets a little far so we dont say hes bad but i hope he gets DROPPED haha. yeah i keep hearing there are some good guys. maybe after this show all the goods guys will drop to 205....hahaha oh wait that already happened

  14. I think the seasons going to be effing great. Rampage has the funniest and most charismatic personality in the UFC, imo, there's the drama between Page and Rashad and then the Slice factor.

    Most people in Slice's position would have grown too big of an ego (after all that money & popularity) to do something like TUF. I think it shows Kimbo would like to earn the right to be respected as an MMA'ist. Whether he will earn that respect or not is up in the air, but all these elements make this a season I'll actually watch.
    NSCA - CSCS

  15. Roy Nelson and Wes Sims are reportedly added to the show.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. I like the idea that Roy Nelson is on the show. For a big chubby guy, he is skilled

  17. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I like the idea that Roy Nelson is on the show. For a big chubby guy, he is skilled
    Unfortunately, I see him winning the show. He is a legit top-15 HW.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Unfortunately, I see him winning the show. He is a legit top-15 HW.
    Other articles I've read have deemed him to be the most likely to take it all.
    NSCA - CSCS

  19. I agree. I dont think anyone else that I have heard is on it will be at his level.

  20. Roy has great bjj, Wes Sims is also on the show and he has actually tapped Daniel Gracie. There is also 4 ex-NFL players , cagepotato had an article. I hope Kimbo doesnt end up on Rampage's team because Rampage doesnt like to train and wont teach him anything. Going to be a great season regardless, you gotta admit it you wanna see "FERG" in action again

  21. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    Roy has great bjj, Wes Sims is also on the show and he has actually tapped Daniel Gracie. There is also 4 ex-NFL players , cagepotato had an article. I hope Kimbo doesnt end up on Rampage's team because Rampage doesnt like to train and wont teach him anything. Going to be a great season regardless, you gotta admit it you wanna see "FERG" in action again
    You have it backwards on the Sims issue: Gracie tapped him with a beauty RNC.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    You have it backwards on the Sims issue: Gracie tapped him with a beauty RNC.
    Wes Sims is also 0-3 in the UFC (2 to Mir and 1 to Mike Kyle)
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    You have it backwards on the Sims issue: Gracie tapped him with a beauty RNC.
    subjective technicality.

    Just kidding. The interview I saw on Rampage's POV on Rashad was a pre-Lyoto defeat Rashad. I wonder if any of Rashad's cockiness has diminished since "the Lyoto incident."
    NSCA - CSCS

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Wes Sims is also 0-3 in the UFC (2 to Mir and 1 to Mike Kyle)
    Yeeep. One of the Mir losses was a DQ, though. Dude has a few DQs.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Yeeep. One of the Mir losses was a DQ, though. Dude has a few DQs.
    Via headstomp nonetheless.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    subjective technicality.

    Just kidding. The interview I saw on Rampage's POV on Rashad was a pre-Lyoto defeat Rashad. I wonder if any of Rashad's cockiness has diminished since "the Lyoto incident."
    For some reason, I doubt it. I could see it happening only if Machida had picked him apart and ground him for five grueling rounds, and/or if he sustained a ridiculous amount of damage ala The Crow v., Franklin. Like a blowout basketball game of 1145-80, I assume Rashad chalked the loss up as a wash, and will go back to being arrogant in no time. IMO, it seems fighters usually internalize the brutal wars a bit more than KOs, as KOs can come at any time.

    Well, unless you are Arlovski, and then after subsequent KOs you go home and cry, making sure you don't brush your chin too hard with Kleenex.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    For some reason, I doubt it. I could see it happening only if Machida had picked him apart and ground him for five grueling rounds, and/or if he sustained a ridiculous amount of damage ala The Crow v., Franklin. Like a blowout basketball game of 1145-80, I assume Rashad chalked the loss up as a wash, and will go back to being arrogant in no time. IMO, it seems fighters usually internalize the brutal wars a bit more than KOs, as KOs can come at any time.

    Well, unless you are Arlovski, and then after subsequent KOs you go home and cry, making sure you don't brush your chin too hard with Kleenex.


    That's good Canadian reporting
    NSCA - CSCS

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Via headstomp nonetheless.
    hahaha damn so pretty good HW's comin on soon?

    yeah man what is AA's deal with that girl chin of his. he need some zoloft

  29. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    hahaha damn so pretty good HW's comin on soon?

    yeah man what is AA's deal with that girl chin of his. he need some zoloft
    I heard he farted really hard one time and had a dual corn-hole/glute pull that delayed AA/Sylvia II.

  30. I fking hate Wes Simms, i remember the rematch with Mir when they were both gassed to hell and Mir somehow managed to TKO him, tough fight.

    When does this series kick off?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Ultimate Fighter S09
    By bla55 in forum MMA
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
  2. The Ultimate Fighter 8
    By daniel35 in forum MMA
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 12:46 AM
  3. the ultimate fighter
    By MadJimF in forum MMA
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 06:41 AM
  4. The Ultimate Fighter
    By Cuffs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Log in
Log in