Ultimate Fighter 10

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
lol i feel bad for AA but not tim. he needs that winstrol to cut down to 265 again hahahaha oh wait.
No doubt at least arlovski was training and trying , Timmay looked like he had just been drinking a lot of beer . The High Life indeed !!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
dude seriously whats his problem(dont answer that haha theres too many) why would someone do this. he career jsut gets worse and worse. i like how randy started the train wreck.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I dont know how Dana will play the Kimbo card. Cause I'm sure he'd love to destroy Kimbo and show how amazing the UFC is compared to EliteXC, but he'd lose A CRAP LOAD of watchers with Kimbo loss, all of whom think he's an amazing fighter (and that's all those who really don't follow or know much, which lets face, is a fair amount of people that watch UFC)

So I think he may put him against the easiest guy on the first round and then square him off with the best guy.

Now, I feel Kimbo is not the greatest fighter as much as the next guy, but he HAS been training a lot with a decent camp and obviously has the athleticism for the sport. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, same way as with all the NFL fighters...

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
but this time he wont be fighting coked out haha

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont know how Dana will play the Kimbo card. Cause I'm sure he'd love to destroy Kimbo and show how amazing the UFC is compared to EliteXC, but he'd lose A CRAP LOAD of watchers with Kimbo loss, all of whom think he's an amazing fighter (and that's all those who really don't follow or know much, which lets face, is a fair amount of people that watch UFC)

So I think he may put him against the easiest guy on the first round and then square him off with the best guy.

Now, I feel Kimbo is not the greatest fighter as much as the next guy, but he HAS been training a lot with a decent camp and obviously has the athleticism for the sport. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, same way as with all the NFL fighters...
Obviously what happens behind the scenes is impossible to see, but based on previous seasons, it doesn't appear Dana's hands are mixed in matchmaking.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah just saw the comercial tonight watching the guys choice awards.....yeah i acually was watch it, anyways its all RAMPAGE....RASHAD...and KIMBO!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I predict ex-NFLer Kevin Greene to win this by either clothesline or Rob Kamen style KO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I predict ex-NFLer Kevin Greene to win this by either clothesline or Rob Kamen style KO.
Haha, nice.

Have you seen the trailer? Not surprisingly it contains Kimbo.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nice post on the upcoming cast Rodja...

Always love the TUF show, but really looking forward to this season... Anyone think Kimbo will be the house drunk? He's going to get freakin ABUSED.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Obviously what happens behind the scenes is impossible to see, but based on previous seasons, it doesn't appear Dana's hands are mixed in matchmaking.
I concur with this diagnosis .:yup: Call me naive but I think Dana enjoys seeing how things play out on their own . Not to say he doesn't get creative in the editing-J. Browning , C. Leben , Etc. Etc. Also he probably believes he won't have to do jacksh$t to help get Kimbo beat , somebody will do it regardless . :chairshot:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Dana is usually only involved if a fighter gets hurt... or in the final four matchups... as per the "rules" of the game.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana is usually only involved if a fighter gets hurt... or in the final four matchups... as per the "rules" of the game.
Yeah, exactly. Conspiracy theories aside, Kimbo will go when Kimbo goes. He will most certainly be up first or second, as the other fighters will recognize him as weak!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
totally agree, most fighters and the opposing coach will want to get him in the cage quickly as an easy win.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, exactly. Conspiracy theories aside, Kimbo will go when Kimbo goes. He will most certainly be up first or second, as the other fighters will recognize him as weak!
Whatever coach doesn't get him... will look to exploit that RIGHT away.

I'm psyched for a heavyweight boogie down. They should have 2 or 3 more heavyweight dances in the next year or two - to really recruit some big man talent. They usually have 2 or 3 TUFs per year - so it's somewhat feasible.

I'll be in Vegas for UFC 100... Should be a solid event.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish Kimbo the best and hope he does well. I'm not expecting much, but unlike many MMA fans, I don't really want to see him leave with his tail between his legs.

I'm more excited about seeing Rampage back on the show then anything else.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Completely agree with you man... Wish him no ill will. May the better man win.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think hes a clown but hes been training and dont think he will drink at all or screw around. i think he will try hard and get far but not win. he said he gave up sex for 60 days coming into a fight and no drinking for 90. he doesn't want to get embarrassed again. I think hes going to sit around not talking to anyone being bored.

yeah i am excited to see the big guys. baders season with 205's is much more fun that so many 155's and 170's i am getting so bored of all these little guys all the time.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Sex for Kimbo might be a good thing. I bet some of the heffers he hooks up with could out muscle some of these 225+ guys.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Dana really wouldn't have to fix anything at all, if there was a fighter he wanted to be in the UFC that didnt win he could just call them to fight in the undercard of some event, such as in Junie Brownings Case.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
He wouldn't do that for Kimbo without a TUF run... otherwise he's sound like a complete hypocrite.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Oh definitely not.

On a side note, can someone identify the man standing behind the coaches with the tats on his upper chest?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
just so you know, you didnt have to mention junie browing because seriously half of every group fights 2-4times in the ufc after TUF show they were on. if they win a couple they stay in.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I agree so much on Dana's involvement... If he wants he can very well tell someone "hey, rashad, you're picking Kimbo to fight this guy". What is Rashad supposed to do? He's under contract and most likely has an undisclosure clause.

Just like not to long ago, Dana wanted CB Dollaway to win the UFer SO BAD he gave him another chance and then moved fights around so he wouldn't face who would be considered the harder opponent and so he could have the final he wanted (Taylor x CB), but he wasn't expecting Amir to pull that one off.

He does try to take control of some matchups IMO, if not obviously in front of the camera, then certainly on backstages.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
just so you know, you didnt have to mention junie browing because seriously half of every group fights 2-4times in the ufc after TUF show they were on. if they win a couple they stay in.
I just wanted to give a direct example.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana really wouldn't have to fix anything at all, if there was a fighter he wanted to be in the UFC that didnt win he could just call them to fight in the undercard of some event, such as in Junie Brownings Case.
I still hate that guy, Junie was such a loser, douche on that show. I couldn't believe he was extended such an exorbitant amount of grace.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I still hate that guy, Junie was such a loser, douche on that show. I couldn't believe he was extended such an exorbitant amount of grace.
Ugh he was, I guess they really wanted to reach the real world crowd keeping him in. When Dana said that Junie asked him how he wanted him to win the match and won by the way he asked, I assumed Junie would at least have good skills to back up his mouth.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Whatever coach doesn't get him... will look to exploit that RIGHT away.

I'm psyched for a heavyweight boogie down. They should have 2 or 3 more heavyweight dances in the next year or two - to really recruit some big man talent. They usually have 2 or 3 TUFs per year - so it's somewhat feasible.

I'll be in Vegas for UFC 100... Should be a solid event.
Totally agree . the heavyweight division definetly needs the attentio DW has been giving it . I am fo sho a cardcarrying Carwin nuthugger , can't help it , he's the Brock Slayer! Get this division as stacked as the lightweights then I say target middleweight . Granted Maia is a great addition and hopefully White will snake Belfort back from Tommy boy but overall it needs some work .

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah i see what your saying i wasnt calling you out or anything. the guys fro mthe first 3 seasons are all superstars now.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Did anyone get a chance to check out the preview for UF10 during the weight ins?

The new season poster is Rampage and Rashad, with Kimbo in the middle of them both. And just those 3 in the poster, same size and all, Kimbo in the middle...

Guess we've got our "main character" for the season. Let's see how Dana works this one and how Kimbo is right now.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did anyone get a chance to check out the preview for UF10 during the weight ins?

The new season poster is Rampage and Rashad, with Kimbo in the middle of them both. And just those 3 in the poster, same size and all, Kimbo in the middle...

Guess we've got our "main character" for the season. Let's see how Dana works this one and how Kimbo is right now.
Kimbo should have tried out for a LHW TUF, IMO. If you look at the cast picture on www.cagepotato.com, he is a midget compared to the other HWs. It may just be the perspective, as he is in the middle, with the other fighters branching out, but he looks very short.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it says 6'2 im guessing hes like 6 foot lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm most excited about seeing Rampage behind the cameras again. I think I'd rather see Rampage doing comedy then fight :lol:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
haha forrest the brown noser or hahaha got poop on his face.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nice promo. I'm stoked.

Mullet, I managed to get a picture with the California Kid... He's a lot shorter than I imagined.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice promo. I'm stoked.

Mullet, I managed to get a picture with the California Kid... He's a lot shorter than I imagined.
How short? 5'4" type short? How did you enjoy GSP's complete destruction of Alves, and Lesnar's destruction of Mir? Were they as gruesome in person?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
How short? 5'4" type short? How did you enjoy GSP's complete destruction of Alves, and Lesnar's destruction of Mir? Were they as gruesome in person?
My seats were rediculous... Enjoyed all of the above, but the highlight had to have been Bisping's head recoiling off the mat, then getting smashed again... That dude was straight up knocked retarded.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My seats were rediculous... Enjoyed all of the above, but the highlight had to have been Bisping's head recoiling off the mat, then getting smashed again... That dude was straight up knocked retarded.
He forgot grades 8-11? He woke up and couldn't remember what an adverb was, haha.

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know the exact air date for this? I imagine September perhaps.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
Hate to ruin for you guys but Kimbo lost his first fight on the show.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hate to ruin for you guys but Kimbo lost his first fight on the show.
Not cool man lol.
I was interested to see how he did since I never bought into the whole Kimbo the mma fighter. But I must say from the promo he looks jacked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
Mulletsoldier MMA 116
bla55 MMA 71
daniel35 MMA 36