accusations swarm st.pierre

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
here is a link also posted below

UFC 94 Notebook: Accusations Swarm St. Pierre

Welterweight champion and pound-for-pound stud Georges St. Pierre had little time to savor what many saw as a landmark performance against rival B.J. Penn at UFC 94 on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

J.D. Penn, the challenger’s older brother, confirmed to Sherdog.com that a formal complaint will be filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday, claiming St. Pierre used a “greasing” agent during the UFC 94 main event. The 27-year-old French Canadian retained his welterweight belt with a fourth-round technical knockout.

“We are not trying to make excuses, but the NSAC needs to protect the fighters,” Penn said via text message. “They never notified us or completely wiped his back with water and towels.”

The accusation cast a cloud of suspicion over St. Pierre after he dismantled the popular Hawaiian in a one-sided, four-round affair. Controversy deepened in the hours after the news broke. In an interview with InsideFighting.com on Sunday, Penn’s head coach, Rudy Valentino, claimed St. Pierre used similar tactics the first time the two fought in 2006. Valentino also indicated the camp of former UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra alleged St. Pierre did the same in their April 2008 rematch.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yep and NSAC is backing up BJ's claim stating it happened more than once and that they had to physically enter the cage to stop it

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
so do they strip the tittle or do they just fine gsp? i mean he picked up 400gs for the win and bj got 125

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, No offense but speaking about stripping the title is beyond ridiculous. The fact he was 'not wiped properly' is highly secondary; the domination he enforced on BJ is not the result of grease, IMO.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
if u read, it happened more than once in diffrent fights. and i dont find anything funny about that it was a question.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
This is absurd. Im really starting to hate BJ and his dingleberry of a brother. He got his ass whooped, plain and simple. He got bitched around and dominated to a point of sheer embarassment. He needs to shut his hole and go back to "training" with his fat hawaiian friends.

gymrat8807

Awards
After all the **** talking that Penn did about a month before the fight shows that he will do anything that makes GSP look bad. That KO must of really affected Penn after the fight

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Well, I thought it was weird that the corner man was putting vasoline on GSP's back and chest after that round. To me it was obvious, but I didn't even think much of it cause I don't know any better. But I can see how that would make it difficult to try to apply a submission or get better position on the ground for BJ.

I think that would be really lame if it turns out GSP was doing this on purpose. With his skills, is that really necessary?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What grease? The grease GSP used to f**k BJ Penn's a$$ with? :haha:

JK, I didn't even watch the fight, don't like either fighter.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think the grease played a role, but his camp could be in trouble. I doubt they would do anything to him, nor should they

acoz

acoz

Awards
I don't see how Vaseline prevented Mr. BJ from striking he got punk-ed and that sucks. They are both great fighters, I was expecting more in the lines of a war for my 45$. :rocketwhore:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP should never be allowed to fight in the UFC again.

:ntome:

:lol:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I too don't think the vaseline changed the outcome of the fight and the fight won't be overturned because of this however bottom line is the NSAC has publically stated that What GSP's corner did was against their rules and they had to warn the corner even before BJ made a complaint. Other fighters have complained of this against GSP also.
I think it is more the Corners fault and not GSPs and they are the ones who would face disciplinary action

Kegger

Awards
I've held my thoughts until all the facts came out. Well they have and all I can say is that any respect I had for GSP is completely gone. That guy is a coward and has no integrity. While there is not a huge chance that the vaseline could have changed the outcome of the fight......IT STILL CAN!!! I guess none of you guys here have ever trained in MMA and realize that if your sparring partner is coated in vaseline.....securing a submission is extremely difficult.

Photos and video proof have destroyed this guys reputation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Did-GSP-s-corner-cheat-to-give-him-an-edge-?urn=mma,138156

and on a lighter note...

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought it was extremely odd how GSP kept getting out of BJ high guard so easily a little dab of vaseline at the top of the back and your heels would just keep slipping

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
The vasoline will make it much more difficult to keep control of somones posture, but I doubt it had an effect of the outcome of the fight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly i think GSP knew about this before hand, i really wouldnt doubt this being part of his gameplan. Say what you like about who would win if they fought again or if this contraversy effected the outcome of the fight, whatever, point is thats as bad as that boxer who had plaster in his fist tape (along those lines). I cant say GSP knew about it but i really wouldnt doubt it, for Penn to beat him at 170 would be more of a knock on him then BJ losing. I wonder....has GSP spoken at all about this?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The BJ fanboyism here is bordering on ludicrous. I have the fight taped: the vaseline was not affecting BJ's leg-grip in high guard, whatsoever. For certain periods his heels are strongly gripped above and/or around GSP's rhombs area; say what you may about the hypothetical implications of this situation, the actual implications are quite different.

I realize after seeing BJ dominated in that fashion, certain individuals are having trouble 'letting go'. To that, let me say this: a small amount of vaseline does not make two figthers appear as if they are in a different league.

If the fight was remotely close, I could see a point to this discussion. However, this fight was the antithesis of close.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. But to a certain extent, someone needs to be held responsible for breaking the rules. Does anyone think there will be a third fight?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh definitely, somebody does. However, I think that should take away from the legitimacy of Phil Nurse as a cornerman, not GSP as a fighter. His complete and utter dismantling of BJ Penn was irrespective of a touch of vaseline.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The BJ fanboyism here is bordering on ludicrous. I have the fight taped: the vaseline was not affecting BJ's leg-grip in high guard, whatsoever. For certain periods his heels are strongly gripped above and/or around GSP's rhombs area; say what you may about the hypothetical implications of this situation, the actual implications are quite different.

I realize after seeing BJ dominated in that fashion, certain individuals are having trouble 'letting go'. To that, let me say this: a small amount of vaseline does not make two figthers appear as if they are in a different league.

If the fight was remotely close, I could see a point to this discussion. However, this fight was the antithesis of close.
I agree mullet, that there is some Penn love getting out of control, however your undying devotion to GSP is just as silly and severe.

Just saying :approve:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Given that they are in different weight classes, and GSP embarassed BJ this time around, I cannot see an interest in a rubber match.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree mullet, that there is some Penn love getting out of control, however your undying devotion to GSP is just as silly and severe.

Just saying :approve:
Most definitely. However, I am upfront and honest about my mancrush on GSP. I do not try to desguise it through more legitimate means.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most definitely. However, I am upfront and honest about my mancrush on GSP. I do not try to desguise it through more legitimate means.
totally fair!

I agree that I dont think this is GSP's fault, and he completely dismantled Penn in all aspects. However, there are repercussions, which should be focused on his corner not him.

dominicano

Awards
lol, No offense but speaking about stripping the title is beyond ridiculous. The fact he was 'not wiped properly' is highly secondary; the domination he enforced on BJ is not the result of grease, IMO.
but it sure contributed, everytime penn was trying to control gsp posture and go for a highguard his hooks kept slipping bacl to full guard, this made gsp an easier time passing bjs guard and punching him until theres no tommorow, no matter how u see itu can tdo that. simple, im a bj penn fan but i still think vaselin o not gsp would of won from everything i seen that night

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
but it sure contributed, everytime penn was trying to control gsp posture and go for a highguard his hooks kept slipping bacl to full guard, this made gsp an easier time passing bjs guard and punching him until theres no tommorow, no matter how u see itu can tdo that. simple, im a bj penn fan but i still think vaselin o not gsp would of won from everything i seen that night
I taped the fight on my PVR, and no matter how many times I watch it, the plausibility of the vaseline affecting this fight's outcome does not present itself. As I said, BJ is able to assert a footing - literally - on GSP's back several time, and GSP powers out of it. At any rate most of the damage was done from side control, and many of those passes were not from BJ's high-guard.

dominicano

Awards
I've held my thoughts until all the facts came out. Well they have and all I can say is that any respect I had for GSP is completely gone. That guy is a coward and has no integrity. While there is not a huge chance that the vaseline could have changed the outcome of the fight......IT STILL CAN!!! I guess none of you guys here have ever trained in MMA and realize that if your sparring partner is coated in vaseline.....securing a submission is extremely difficult.

[/URL]

lol talk about yourself ive done martial arts lal my life from karate when i was young to boxing in grade 10 and 11 to bjj andmuaythai for the last 3 years so yeah

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Everyone trying to use this vaseline crap as an excuse, INCLUDING BJ AND HIS CAMP, are pathetic!!! I just lost my respect for BJ! While being slippery will make it a lot more difficult for someone to be grabbed and be held, the fact stands that GSP was WAYYYY stronger than BJ, and was tossing him around like a ****ing rag doll. He was just wayyy too strong for him, and way better conditioned. He would have broke loose of of BJ's grasp regardless. Im sure the vaseline was the reason that GSP out boxed him, it was the reason he was able to land kicks, it was the reason he was able pin BJ against the cage and tire him out when ever he wanted to, it was the reason he was able to constantly bull him to the ground, and it probably caused GSP to be able to pummle his head alot harder, when he was straddling him! Vaseline is the next big ergogenic aid everyone!! OH, and the vaseline probably also got into BJ's nose and mouth, making him gas out alot sooner due to it's suffocating properties. It probably got into BJ's eyes as well, and thus the reason he couldn't throw or land any punches, was because his vision was blurried and impaired by the vaseline!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!:fing02: Give it up allready, they wiped him off! I'm sure sweat wouldn't make it alot more difficult to be grabbed also!:rolleyes:. BJ is a great fighter, but he got out muscled and out conditioned, and out classed. Whats the big effing deal? Suck it up, and go beat everyone's ass in "your" weight class where "YOU" are the best. Don't start making excuses!

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just because GSP was bull-dogging Penn doesn't mean jack. The bigger, stronger fighter is not always the victor. No one is disputing the vaseline claims and that would take a significant advantage (maybe his only) away from BJ. The fact that GSP's corner has a history of this same act is suspect, as well. Maybe it's just me but if I was warned on 2 separate occasions for the same thing, you could make damned sure that there wouldn't be a third...unless I was trying to get over.
I would hardly call myself a BJ fanboy as I lost a bunch of respect for him due to his lack of seriousness/preparation for his biggest fight. But I do feel that he has a legitimate beef and it should be considered whether or not this fight should be ruled a "no contest." In the spirit of sportsmanship and fairness this is the right thing to do.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh definitely, somebody does. However, I think that should take away from the legitimacy of Phil Nurse as a cornerman, not GSP as a fighter. His complete and utter dismantling of BJ Penn was irrespective of a touch of vaseline.

WE are in agreement as i said it might have made a slight difference but the outcome wouldn't of changed GSP would of won. i'm the biggest Penn fan there is but GSP was just too big and too good. What I would like to see come of this is a ruling against the cornerman or something of that nature.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
bj did get his ass kicked but he did go up in weight to fight a bigger and better fighter, why to challenege himself because there is nothing left for bj to prove, will we see gsp move up in weight i dont think so, why because he rather a be a champ and not get his ass kicked by a bigger and better fight like Anderson silva and make a fool of himself

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Other than his incredible flexibility....I am glad big mouth BJ penn has been silenced....he is one massively over-rated fighter. GSP team has clearly stated they'll gladly have a rematch...and I sure hope they do! EVERYONE WILL MAKE TONS OF $$$$ from this and BJ will be exposed and dismantled once again. YES the cornerman should not have rubbed his hand on his back after applying to his face.
BJ should stop excercising his fat mouth and start excercising his fat body.
Go ahead BJ....go for the rematch and GSP will really f@#k your face up this time. GSP made sure he beat him at EVERYTHING. BJ stands for BIG JOKE!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I hate GSP and I dont think it mattered but I think it was very unsportsmen like and should get fined. If randy cotoure got in trouble so should. Did they get drug tests back as well? What if we had another chris leben or tim silvia hahahahaha

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone trying to use this vaseline crap as an excuse, INCLUDING BJ AND HIS CAMP, are pathetic!!! I just lost my respect for BJ! While being slippery will make it a lot more difficult for someone to be grabbed and be held, the fact stands that GSP was WAYYYY stronger than BJ, and was tossing him around like a ****ing rag doll. He was just wayyy too strong for him, and way better conditioned. He would have broke loose of of BJ's grasp regardless. Im sure the vaseline was the reason that GSP out boxed him, it was the reason he was able to land kicks, it was the reason he was able pin BJ against the cage and tire him out when ever he wanted to, it was the reason he was able to constantly bull him to the ground, and it probably caused GSP to be able to pummle his head alot harder, when he was straddling him! Vaseline is the next big ergogenic aid everyone!! OH, and the vaseline probably also got into BJ's nose and mouth, making him gas out alot sooner due to it's suffocating properties. It probably got into BJ's eyes as well, and thus the reason he couldn't throw or land any punches, was because his vision was blurried and impaired by the vaseline!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!:fing02: Give it up allready, they wiped him off! I'm sure sweat wouldn't make it alot more difficult to be grabbed also!:rolleyes:. BJ is a great fighter, but he got out muscled and out conditioned, and out classed. Whats the big effing deal? Suck it up, and go beat everyone's ass in "your" weight class where "YOU" are the best. Don't start making excuses!
that was a entertaining post! lol. i just have one thing to say. If you have ever used vaseline you know that its not easy to get off even if you just wipe it.

ha! finally found a spelling/grammatical error made by the mulletbrain!:rasp:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bj did get his ass kicked but he did go up in weight to fight a bigger and better fighter, why to challenege himself because there is nothing left for bj to prove, will we see gsp move up in weight i dont think so, why because he rather a be a champ and not get his ass kicked by a bigger and better fight like Anderson silva and make a fool of himself
thats what ive been trying to say, will GSP challenge Silva? No, well maybe if he has 2 or 3 trial boughts at 185....(weak)
Just because GSP was bull-dogging Penn doesn't mean jack. The bigger, stronger fighter is not always the victor. No one is disputing the vaseline claims and that would take a significant advantage (maybe his only) away from BJ. The fact that GSP's corner has a history of this same act is suspect, as well. Maybe it's just me but if I was warned on 2 separate occasions for the same thing, you could make damned sure that there wouldn't be a third...unless I was trying to get over.
I would hardly call myself a BJ fanboy as I lost a bunch of respect for him due to his lack of seriousness/preparation for his biggest fight. But I do feel that he has a legitimate beef and it should be considered whether or not this fight should be ruled a "no contest." In the spirit of sportsmanship and fairness this is the right thing to do.
:goodpost: im a little biased being that im from hawaii and im not a fan of GSP anyway but i just dont put it past him, he probably thinks he's so clever and its part of his gameplan, either way it wasnt accidental LOL! come on!
I hate GSP and I dont think it mattered but I think it was very unsportsmen like and should get fined. If randy cotoure got in trouble so should. Did they get drug tests back as well? What if we had another chris leben or tim silvia hahahahaha
Who is responsible for the tests anyway NSAC or UFC? I think GSP is smart enough than to be using detectable sh1t anyway....if he uses.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh god. I knew the backlash from the BJ-nuthug-clan would be immediate, I simply had no idea it would be this fierce.

BJ was exposed. Nothing more plain and clear to take from this fight than that. I suppose the Vaseline may have slipped from his back, on to the floor, and caused Georges to rape BJ on the feet as well.

:rolleyes:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh god. I knew the backlash from the BJ-nuthug-clan would be immediate, I simply had no idea it would be this fierce.

BJ was exposed. Nothing more plain and clear to take from this fight than that. I suppose the Vaseline may have slipped from his back, on to the floor, and caused Georges to rape BJ on the feet as well.

:rolleyes:
wasnt trying to be fierce bro.

GSP is better at that weight, nuff said. I have no argument in that all im saying is i dont think GSP is innocent in all this and that takes away from GSP as a sportsman. Thats my opinion. Could the fight have gone different hadnt there been this vaseline sh1t, yes but i still think GSP wins 9 out of 10. Thats not the point, the point is using unfair techniques in the first place, by his corner, by him, whatever esp in a big fight like this.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
GSP didn't break any rules, if any of you retards would've bothered to look up the rules, you would've shut your mouths by now.

"At that point, somebody in the audience thought we were greasing George down, and ran over and told the commission that we were greasing his body down. The commission came in and said ‘you can’t grease him down,’ which didn’t work. They said ‘you’re putting Vaseline on his back,’ and Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers, but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Did-GSP-s-corner-cheat-to-give-him-an-edge-?urn=mma,138156
Which follows the rules as quoted below:

NAC 467.598 Physical appearance of unarmed combatants. (NRS 467.030)

2-The excessive use of grease or any other foreign substance may not be used on the face or body of an unarmed combatant. The referees or the Commission’s representative in charge shall cause any excessive grease or foreign substance to be removed.

http://onthemat.com/wiki/index.php/NSAC_MMA_Rules#MIXED_MARTIAL_ARTS_CONTESTS_AND_EXHIBITIONS

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shh, you have exposed the invalidity of GSP's 'gameplan' against BJ Penn: grease your back, and use that grease to destroy him on the feet, totally negate his jab, dominate him in the clinch game, and then take him down and pass guard at will. As you can see, the grease is the key.

:D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shh, you have exposed the invalidity of GSP's 'gameplan' against BJ Penn: grease your back, and use that grease to destroy him on the feet, totally negate his jab, dominate him in the clinch game, and then take him down and pass guard at will. As you can see, the grease is the key.

im glad you see the light, young mullet.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

NOW NOW your love for GSP is getting too much lol both Piston and I agreed that GSP would of won with or without the grease. But with so much love for GSP don't you think it would of been so much better without this controversy of the vaseline? at 170lbs he is the man he was a rocked 170lbs and BJ was a soft 168lbs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOW NOW your love for GSP is getting too much lol both Piston and I agreed that GSP would of won with or without the grease. But with so much love for GSP don't you think it would of been so much better without this controversy of the vaseline? at 170lbs he is the man he was a rocked 170lbs and BJ was a soft 168lbs.
Mixed.....there is no controversy.

:)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If and when GSP gets past Alves i really would like to see him go up in weight and if not go down to 155 and 'destroy' BJ there :rolleyes:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:QUOTE=Mulletsoldier;1789837]Mixed.....there is no controversy.

:)[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Your to much Mullet :laugh: Can we agree at least HIS corner did something wrong??? Will that save me??? ORRRRRRR must i do the unthinkable and open up a Prime vs DTH POll. LOL

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:laugh: Your to much Mullet :laugh: Can we agree at least HIS corner did something wrong??? Will that save me??? ORRRRRRR must i do the unthinkable and open up a Prime vs DTH POll. LOL
I never said his corner was not at fault; merely that BJ himself could have bathed in grease prior to the fight and it still would not have made a difference.

BJ 'Blue Belt' Penn was exposed - 'Blue Belt' as that is what belt he appeared to have against GSP!

:18::laugh:

Kegger

Awards
Thats not the point, the point is using unfair techniques in the first place, by his corner, by him, whatever esp in a big fight like this.
I'm glad someone else here actually understands the big picture too. GSP cheated, plain and simple. So how about we totally ignore the fact that he cheated and lets set a precedent to the entire UFC that it is ok to cheat to win! Let's not hold anyone accountable and pretend it never happened.:grumble:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad someone else here actually understands the big picture too. GSP cheated, plain and simple. So how about we totally ignore the fact that he cheated and lets set a precedent to the entire UFC that it is ok to cheat to win! Let's not hold anyone accountable and pretend it never happened.:grumble:
How the f**k did he cheat? it ain't against the rules to use grease! As long as it's not excessive, did you even bother looking at the NAC rules for MMA fights or are you just reciting what the media/sheeple is saying?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How the f**k did he cheat? it ain't against the rules to use grease! As long as it's not excessive, did you even bother looking at the NAC rules for MMA fights or are you just reciting what the media/sheeple is saying?

If not why did the Executive Director of the NSAC say that what happened was against there rules here is a cut and paste from mma weekly.

The perceptions may vary, but the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission – the sanctioning body that maintains authority over UFC 94 – confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Monday that there is an issue at hand that is based in fact.
"After the first round ended, the fighters are getting ready for round two. One inspector noticed a (St. Pierre) cornerman, Phil Nurse, putting Vaseline on George's face, then kind of rubbed him down a bit, which would be okay if he was clean," asserted Keith Kizer.

Such an impropriety immediately raised red flags and put him on full alert, especially with this mega-fight occurring just one week after another wave of doctoring controversy had crashed over the Antonio Margarito vs. Shane Mosely boxing match in California. Margarito was suspended and ordered to attend a hearing due to a foreign substance found in his hand wraps on the night of the fight.

"After round two, I watched him like a hawk," said Kizer. "I've only entered the ring maybe three or four times (in my career) during a fight, but I did this time.

Watching the pay-per-view, Nurse is clearly seen on camera applying Vaseline to the face of St. Pierre following round one. It is difficult to tell the amount of residual Vaseline on his hands, but he does clearly rub St. Pierre's shoulders and then reach around to touch his upper back. The extent to which such actions affected the actual in-ring action are unclear, but what is clear is that such action was a violation Nevada's regulations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
Supplements 3