accusations swarm st.pierre

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not betting the house on it but I bet you with all the trouble Dana went through to get BJ to prepare for that fight and having him lose so horribly and then start this grease crap up, that Dana is waiting for him to lose his title to anyone and then give him the boot. 1 major flaw to my theory is that BJ is still a hell of a good fighter. But so was tito at one time.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not betting the house on it but I bet you with all the trouble Dana went through to get BJ to prepare for that fight and having him lose so horribly and then start this grease crap up, that Dana is waiting for him to lose his title to anyone and then give him the boot. 1 major flaw to my theory is that BJ is still a hell of a good fighter. But so was tito at one time.
I agree Dana would LIKE too man, But BJ is still far to good at 155 bro. When he did it to Tito he was at the end of his career anyway. Still putting bums on seats yeah, but not near the top of the heap.
But I agree BJ is one of them sooky, wa wa MOfo's Dana would love to get rid of. Imagine how little trouble he has with K Flo and similar dudes. Id hate to be Dana man, Imagine the fukin Ego's he has to deal with.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I agree Dana would LIKE too man, But BJ is still far to good at 155 bro. When he did it to Tito he was at the end of his career anyway. Still putting bums on seats yeah, but not near the top of the heap.
But I agree BJ is one of them sooky, wa wa MOfo's Dana would love to get rid of. Imagine how little trouble he has with K Flo and similar dudes. Id hate to be Dana man, Imagine the fukin Ego's he has to deal with.
Yeah probably. Tito must have been far worse than BJ. Wasn't there some hype about a Dana fighting Tito event for like a few weeks and then right before it was supposed to happen it just disappeared and nobody spoke about it? A buddy of mine heard about it too and then it was just not happening. No reason why or anything.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
yeah and the fact is this as well, Tito, was NEVER the caliber of fighter that bj is. I see your point but like oz said, bj is the rocks at 155. I have never been a tito fan, i really think he was a poster boy for ufc for awhile, flashy, chicks dig him, yada yada yada. Not that great of a fighter, comparitively.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I would never say Tito's one of the great fighters of MMA.....
but he does have some arguably significant fight wins, (Wanderlei Silva, Evan Tanner. Vitor B, and having gone the distance with a slightly less experienced Rashad E) Some of which just reinforce the idea that he, like BJ, have or had the tools but lack the work ethic, hunger and respect for the sport.

IMO

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah and the fact is this as well, Tito, was NEVER the caliber of fighter that bj is. I see your point but like oz said, bj is the rocks at 155. I have never been a tito fan, i really think he was a poster boy for ufc for awhile, flashy, chicks dig him, yada yada yada. Not that great of a fighter, comparitively.
not that great of a fighter? The dude was absolutely unstoppable back in his glory days. He was practically the Matt Hughes of the 205 division until the Chuck and Randy era came around. Up until those guys no one even came close to him.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would never say Tito's one of the great fighters of MMA.....
but he does have some arguably significant fight wins, (Wanderlei Silva, Evan Tanner. Vitor B, and having gone the distance with a slightly less experienced Rashad E) Some of which just reinforce the idea that he, like BJ, have or had the tools but lack the work ethic, hunger and respect for the sport.

IMO
I would say Tito and BJ are opposite figures, in regard to work ethic and talent: BJ has talent and no ethic; Tito has all ethic and no talent.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would say Tito and BJ are opposite figures, in regard to work ethic and talent: BJ has talent and no ethic; Tito has all ethic and no talent.
Good call, And a fuking nice ass in that Avi to boot(no pun intended)

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
not that great of a fighter? The dude was absolutely unstoppable back in his glory days. He was practically the Matt Hughes of the 205 division until the Chuck and Randy era came around. Up until those guys no one even came close to him.
How long did he hold the title for agin? Saying he was the matt hughes of the 205 division is such a gross overstatement. The Matt Hughes? Really? You would actually use there names in the same sentence when talking about fighting? Matt hughes was the most dominant 170lber of all time, I would hardly categorize tito as the most dominant 205lber of a whole month.
That says it all.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would hardly categorize tito as the most dominant 205lber of a whole month.
apparently you are not a history buff of MMA. He was dominate as hell from the word go. His very first event when he came in as an alternate and whooped that one dudes ass. He was only 21(i think). He was whooping the hell out of Mezger in the final but lost because Big John broke the fighters to check Mezgers wounds and restarted them in a nuetral position. He then went on to whoop everybody except Frank Shamrock in one of the greatest fights in UFC history. He got the title and kept it for 2 years. Back then when the sport was evolving much faster, and there wasnt nearly as many events, that was an eternity. He dominated for a long long time given the era of the sport when it was evolving at light speed.

I am not even an Ortiz fan, in fact I dislike him but I am not gonna deny what he did.

and he didnt just win, he beat the **** out of guys. he was on another level. Until the Sport passed him by.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established

yeah very nice ass. but i would not say that Ortiz has no talent. The guy got 4th place in California as a wrestler. I dont know if you guys have wrestled or fought but that requires an enormous amount of talent and to discredit coming in 4th in the state of California is ridiculous.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
apparently you are not a history buff of MMA. He was dominate as hell from the word go. His very first event when he came in as an alternate and whooped that one dudes ass. He was only 21(i think). He was whooping the hell out of Mezger in the final but lost because Big John broke the fighters to check Mezgers wounds and restarted them in a nuetral position. He then went on to whoop everybody except Frank Shamrock in one of the greatest fights in UFC history. He got the title and kept it for 2 years. Back then when the sport was evolving much faster, and there wasnt nearly as many events, that was an eternity. He dominated for a long long time given the era of the sport when it was evolving at light speed.

I am not even an Ortiz fan, in fact I dislike him but I am not gonna deny what he did.

and he didnt just win, he beat the **** out of guys. he was on another level. Until the Sport passed him by.
Actually, I am a ufc history guy. But that is beside the point. I didnt call him a absolutely no talent scrub. I said your Matt hughes comparision was utterly ridiculous. And it was. I would like to know your basis for that, my ufc history knowledge aside. Ive been watching since ufc 1 my freind, when most of american media had shunned it.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my basis for my comment was what i stated above. he beat everybodies ass that he came into contact with, even mezger which was a bs loss. he was the very first dominate fighter in the UFC for an extended period of time.

I have also watched every single UFC fight minus a couple of the recent ones which i will eventually get too. I literally own every single fight on DVD thanks to China's lax piracy laws.

I said he was practically the Matt Hughes of his division. Meaning he was the most dominate guy the UFC had seen in that division until the sport passed him by.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
my basis for my comment was what i stated above. he beat everybodies ass that he came into contact with, even mezger which was a bs loss. he was the very first dominate fighter in the UFC for an extended period of time.

I have also watched every single UFC fight minus a couple of the recent ones which i will eventually get too. I literally own every single fight on DVD thanks to China's lax piracy laws.

I said he was practically the Matt Hughes of his division. Meaning he was the most dominate guy the UFC had seen in that division until the sport passed him by.
My only point here is that i believe that a huge part of the reason he was dominant, was for other reasons you stated above, Less events=less defenses and sport not as evolved=lower level of competition. Matt Hughes dominated the sport and has beaten every 170lber considered at the top of the heap. I think comparing the two is kind of like comparing tim sylvia to fedor. Again, I dont think he was terrible, but i believe the sport passed him by because he was never that good to begin with. He was still young, just not that good. He BARELY beat forrest griffin (most say he didnt) and forrest wasnt that great then, he isnt even considered that great now!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alas, the only significant win Tito had was against Wand (a LnP win at that). Wins over Kondo, Tanner, and Sinosic are hardly impressive.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My only point here is that i believe that a huge part of the reason he was dominant, was for other reasons you stated above, Less events=less defenses and sport not as evolved=lower level of competition. Matt Hughes dominated the sport and has beaten every 170lber considered at the top of the heap. I think comparing the two is kind of like comparing tim sylvia to fedor. Again, I dont think he was terrible, but i believe the sport passed him by because he was never that good to begin with. He was still young, just not that good. He BARELY beat forrest griffin (most say he didnt) and forrest wasnt that great then, he isnt even considered that great now!!
dude! I understand. The competitionwas not up to GSP level back then. Thats reality. But back then, Ortiz was the best the sport had seen. I am in no way saying that he is a contender now, just like Hughes is no longer a contender.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Alas, the only significant win Tito had was against Wand (a LnP win at that). Wins over Kondo, Tanner, and Sinosic are hardly impressive.
they were what they were back in the day. lol at Sinosic.

even your beloved Silva was very young and inexperienced back when they fought.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they were what they were back in the day. lol at Sinosic.

even your beloved Silva was very young and inexperienced back when they fought.
Yep, and Tito ran away (literally) from trouble.

Favorite GIF ever:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah very nice ass. but i would not say that Ortiz has no talent. The guy got 4th place in California as a wrestler. I dont know if you guys have wrestled or fought but that requires an enormous amount of talent and to discredit coming in 4th in the state of California is ridiculous.
It takes effort, dedication, work ethic and determination; not necessarily a relative abundance [...to others around you...] of talent. There are a considerable amount of pro athletes whom worked to attain their status level - others, like BJ, were genetically gifted. Comparatively, Tito's natural talent is sparse.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It takes effort, dedication, work ethic and determination; not necessarily a relative abundance [...to others around you...] of talent. There are a considerable amount of pro athletes whom worked to attain their status level - others, like BJ, were genetically gifted. Comparatively, Tito's natural talent is sparse.
I would not say that anyone in the UFC has a sparse amount of talent. You got to have the genes to compete at the highest level of anything whether they be mental or physical.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
I would not say that anyone in the UFC has a sparse amount of talent. You got to have the genes to compete at the highest level of anything whether they be mental or physical.
Dude, Im pretty sure he meant a sparse amount comparitively to others. There are some who are born with much more natural ability, and have to work alot less for it, and others who have to spend so much more time and dedication to hone there skills.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, Im pretty sure he meant a sparse amount comparitively to others. There are some who are born with much more natural ability, and have to work alot less for it, and others who have to spend so much more time and dedication to hone there skills.
Yes, precisely. Attaining an impressive athletic status [i.e., a place in a professional organization] does not necessarily mean you are/were "talented".

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, precisely. Attaining an impressive athletic status [i.e., a place in a professional organization] does not necessarily mean you are/were "talented".
Here's another prime example:
Royce has NEVER won any major BJJ tournament (e.g. Mundials, Worlds, etc.), but many think he is a BJJ deity. Hell, he doesn't have amongst the best in his family.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's another prime example:
Royce has NEVER won any major BJJ tournament (e.g. Mundials, Worlds, etc.), but many think he is a BJJ deity. Hell, he doesn't have amongst the best in his family.
Exactly. Another example you would love is Joe Sakic: not heralded as a talent skater, passer, or shooter, but created one of the best [if not the best] wrist shot ever through dedication and hard work.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. Another example you would love is Joe Sakic: not heralded as a talent skater, passer, or shooter, but created one of the best [if not the best] wrist shot ever through dedication and hard work.
Careful with the Sakic analogy; you don't win a Canadian Junior MVP without having a good amount of hype behind you.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DUDE, real nice grammar.....totally a joke!

Yeah there is no question to what you are saying. It seemed like some people were dismissing Ortiz as talentless. But yeah, you are right he is a hard worker, who knows if he would have gotten to the level he did without his ethic. it's doubtful.

don't know who Sakic is.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Careful with the Sakic analogy; you don't win a Canadian Junior MVP without having a good amount of hype behind you.
Yes, definitely, he was a phenomenal player; that was my point, though! When you look at a Jagr, Selanne, Kariya, Crosby, OV type player, they have a mass abundance of natural talent that Sakic did not have. His class, determination and hard work molded him into of the league's most revered clutch performers of all-time!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, definitely, he was a phenomenal player; that was my point, though! When you look at a Jagr, Selanne, Kariya, Crosby, OV type player, they have a mass abundance of natural talent that Sakic did not have. His class, determination and hard work molded him into of the league's most revered clutch performers of all-time!
I think it's also because he piled up a lot of his points in Quebec while they were atrocious and wasn't the best player on his team when they did start to excel (Forsberg).

BigHoov

Awards
This is absurd. Im really starting to hate BJ and his dingleberry of a brother. He got his ass whooped, plain and simple. He got bitched around and dominated to a point of sheer embarassment. He needs to shut his hole and go back to "training" with his fat hawaiian friends.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!

But I say let them fight again. Does ANYBODY think there will be a different outcome??? I'd love to see bj get his ass whiped again and i'm sure gsp would give him an even bigger beat-down this time.

Take your ass-beaten like a man.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
AMEN BROTHER!!!!

But I say let them fight again. Does ANYBODY think there will be a different outcome??? I'd love to see bj get his ass whiped again and i'm sure gsp would give him an even bigger beat-down this time.

Take your ass-beaten like a man.
Exactly. We all know he got fukcin handled. His camp needs to zip up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
Supplements 3