This is going to sound bad, but what testing did I just get done? - AnabolicMinds.com

This is going to sound bad, but what testing did I just get done?

1. New Member

This is going to sound bad, but what testing did I just get done?

My endo just sent me to the hospital to get some tests done. I was fasting, was given insulin to drop my blood sugar, and blood was taken every fitfteen minutes for two hours.

She said cortisol, GH, thyroid, but when I looked online, it didn't seem that these tests required the administration of insulin? Now that I have left I can't ask, but what do you guys think I was being tested for?

Also, think I can go workout? . I want to but I know that my blood sugar was really low (1.6) at one point, even though it has normalized now should I give it a few hours before exercising?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

Dude you are way too worried about constantly going to work out. Have you considered you may have a problem? Seriously? I say this after reading your other posts, too.

There are different types of cortisol tests. I dont know why it would require insulin but certainly not possible. GH I dont know. Thyroid doesnt require insulin to my knowledge. I got a full thyroid panel and just had to walk in.

The insulin test sounds good. Sounds like theyre challenging your insulin metabolism and testing the response. A quality test they gave you.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    Dude you are way too worried about constantly going to work out. Have you considered you may have a problem? Seriously? I say this after reading your other posts, too.

There are different types of cortisol tests. I dont know why it would require insulin but certainly not possible. GH I dont know. Thyroid doesnt require insulin to my knowledge. I got a full thyroid panel and just had to walk in.

The insulin test sounds good. Sounds like theyre challenging your insulin metabolism and testing the response. A quality test they gave you.
    Well I'm certainly happy I got thorough testing done. I was given TRH too and I think the reason I got blood drawn every fifteen minutes was to check TSH levels. As far as insulin I haven't got a clue lol I'll ask the doctor when I go in to discuss my labs.

You're absolutely right about the working out thing... today specifically it's because I have an opportunity to train with the national coach in my sport and I don't live in the same city as him so I don't get the chance too often. I guess I should just chill for a while though. It's just difficult for me to accept that I need time off when I have a lot of really important competitions coming up soon.

Anyway thanks for the quick answer man.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lector606 View Post
    You're absolutely right about the working out thing... today specifically it's because I have an opportunity to train with the national coach in my sport and I don't live in the same city as him so I don't get the chance too often. I guess I should just chill for a while though. It's just difficult for me to accept that I need time off when I have a lot of really important competitions coming up soon.
    Ah congrats dude. After posting I actually thought I was kind of hasty in not asking if you were an athlete of some sort first. ****, if you were a sponsored athlete then, by all means, do what ya gotta do.

A little increase in gym time is standard if you are competing in something. I just remember reading a post that made it sound like you spend 8 hrs sleeping, 8 hrs working, and 8 hrs working out everyday. :P

Good luck with the tests.
  5. New Member

Yeah, it's not like I'm going to the gym, rollin up the sleeves and flexing for the girls on the stairmaster four hours a day . I'm not usually in the (weight) gym for more than an hour, and even then a lot of times it's just cardio on the elliptical because my joints are sore from running.

Nonetheless though, working out might not be the best idea. I just had a big bowl of oats, hopefully to keep the ol blood sugar level, and I'm going to have a nap and see how I feel . I appreciate you raising an eyebrow though - keeps me in check a little bit.

Have a good one
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does this sound right
    By Terencec in forum PES
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:36 AM
  2. how this sound
    By stopstalking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 01:02 PM
  3. does this sound right?