Baclofen and GABA-A

1. Baclofen and GABA-A

does anyone have any insights to the use of Baclofen and/or GABA-A for TRT. From what ive read, Baclofen inhibits the negative testosterone feedback loop, increase LH/FSH, GH/IGF. here are a few studies,:

1) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

2) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

3) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

•   

2. Very interesting, I have never heard this...

3. Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    does anyone have any insights to the use of Baclofen and/or GABA-A for TRT. From what ive read, Baclofen inhibits the negative testosterone feedback loop, increase LH/FSH, GH/IGF. here are a few studies,:

1) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

2) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

3) GABA Control of GnRH Release from the Ewe Hypothal...[Reprod Domest Anim. 2008] - PubMed Result

Baclofen has been discussed a little on Meso. A key word search would probably turn up the threads.

4. hmm where do I find GABA-A? or how do I tell what amount in gaba is a vs b?
    Last edited by EasyEJL; 03-19-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: realized baclofen is prescription
    •   

5. yeah, i found the meso site after i posted this, but didnt finish reading the whole thread b/c its ten pages long. i emailed the original poster to ask what results he got, but no response yet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    yeah, i found the meso site after i posted this, but didnt finish reading the whole thread b/c its ten pages long. i emailed the original poster to ask what results he got, but no response yet.
    I read the thread, and dont recall anything notably positive. A guy named Fred was strident that it did nothing whatsoever for T levels. And another guy taking it for MS had nothing positive to say. It sounds like a pipe dream.

7. I know Baclofen is supposed to be alot like Phenibut and Phenibut builds a super rapid tolerance. Something to keep in mind...

8. I'm sure there are safer and better approaches

9. Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post

Wow
    Interesting
    I take gaba almost daily.
    Energy pain, relief, anti depressant.
    Combined with bacalafen I get more high feeling.
    Talkative.
    Gaba makes my cardio a blast.
    I find that not everybody responds to it.
    But the ones that do and find there dose they love it.
    Very interesting stuff you linked.
    Thanks

10. baclofen doesn't work on GABA-A receptors it's a GABA-B agonist. Benzos are gaba-a.

11. I lo f
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1-Carboxy and GABA
    By Rozman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  2. GABA and L-Theanine
    By supersoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 08:48 AM
  3. powerfull and gaba