Must TRT be for life? Is there any chance one can use it as a springboard to healing?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Curious- Since the need for TRT can be brought on by many potential factors, many of which can be indirectly remedied by restoring proper T levels, is it possible that restoring the body to equilibrium can eventually allow for a tapering off in the hopes that one's entire body can restart?

For example, if one has low thyroid, neurotransmitter or adrenal issues, which are often both the cause of low T and fixed once T levels are restored, is it possible that once the body is at equilibrium and natural pathways, etc restored that supplemental T can likewise be withdrawn in the hopes that natural production resumes?

I keep hoping, albeit it likely in vain, that we can do more than just fill up when down a quart, so to speak, and solve the underlying problem. Any thoughts?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious- Since the need for TRT can be brought on by many potential factors, many of which can be indirectly remedied by restoring proper T levels, is it possible that restoring the body to equilibrium can eventually allow for a tapering off in the hopes that one's entire body can restart?

For example, if one has low thyroid, neurotransmitter or adrenal issues, which are often both the cause of low T and fixed once T levels are restored, is it possible that once the body is at equilibrium and natural pathways, etc restored that supplemental T can likewise be withdrawn in the hopes that natural production resumes?

I keep hoping, albeit it likely in vain, that we can do more than just fill up when down a quart, so to speak, and solve the underlying problem. Any thoughts?
Elevating your testosterone to physiological levels via exogenous testosterone is not restoring your testosterone production nor remedying an underlying condition. Actually you are masking an underlying condition. Exogenous testosterone will likely further inhibit your natural production in addition to the already preexistent underlying condition.

If you do indeed have a documented and treatable underlying condition then treat that. If that fails to be successful TRT could remedy the symptoms but not the underlying condition.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I do find it interesting that something I wrote almost 8 years ago is listed as a "new" topic.

Can't help but wonder what has happened or changed during this time!

This said, I continuously wonder why an ever larger number of men seem to have low T, even factoring in the more recent hype and marketing. It would seem we and our world are changing--and not for the better.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do find it interesting that something I wrote almost 8 years ago is listed as a "new" topic.

Can't help but wonder what has happened or changed during this time!

This said, I continuously wonder why an ever larger number of men seem to have low T, even factoring in the more recent hype and marketing. It would seem we and our world are changing--and not for the better.
Low T was just a fact of life that many men just accepted in the past. Now with marketing hype and anti-aging clinics spreading the word, many men are more aware of their options for TRT. I agree that there have to be environmental factors that are related to low T.

Brolz

Awards
Thinking of coming off 6 months androgel, been lifting and eating right for 8 years, 6' 210 lbs, a semi lean, had taken 2 months Ostarine (supposedly non suppressive SARM) about a month before first blood work but symptoms were there for years prior,original pre trt total test was 219, then 264, went to GP w low libido and energy at 29 years old after 3 years of these issues, sexual problems really upsetting, finally up to 4 pumps (TT was 531 at 3 pumps) awaiting blood results , slight improvement in mood and energy, thinking of trying to taper off or cold turkey and quit trt take some OTC pct, natty test booster, and humanofort (wish I tried this before trt as I've heard it's amazing and good for overtraining and adrenal fatigue which I feel may have been the cause of my low test). Questions for anyone who knows:
1) should I taper off or cold turkey? The 1.62 gel is mild and I haven't been on it very long. As above some OTC pct to help return to pathetic original levels maybe hopefully higher w the humanofort and a small break from training?
2) should I try and continue receiving my insurance paid androgel, taking it for 2-4 days pre bloodwork and cycle it for like 2-3 weeks on at 5 pumps , 2-3weeks off to keep balls working?
3) any thoughts or experiences w humanofort? My buddy and a lot of people on these forums seem to put a lot of stock in it for every ailment, so if libido, well being, and stress hormones can be controlled w that someone w a natty bs test boost maybe I can get by w out relying on the gel at my young age?(29)

Thanks for the help

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Low T was just a fact of life that many men just accepted in the past. Now with marketing hype and anti-aging clinics spreading the word, many men are more aware of their options for TRT. I agree that there have to be environmental factors that are related to low T.
I am not as convinced on this. Look around us- How many kids had autism, were obese, couldn't go near peanut butter or hit puberty while still in the single digits 40 or 50 years ago? We have changed our environment and are made for a time when if you didn't hunt, fish, pick or grow you didn't eat.

I've read studies documenting lower T levels & lower sperm counts with every passing generation. Personally, I think we are poisoning ourselves.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
We have not only changed the environment we have changed how and what we eat and our physical lifestyles and work schedules. Almost everything about post industrial life is unnatural and now we are reaping the "benefits" of veering so far away from what our bodies developed to handle. I also think too that there is massive over prescribing of medication and over use of many diagnoses. Things like autism, add, adhd and so on are "hot" and many kids are being diagnosed and medicated when there is no need to do so. I mean hell my sister in law works with NOTHING but austistic people and she saw traits of autism in my daughter, I meet all the pre screening standards for add/adhd...neither of us are going to take medication, we just have to learn to learn our own way...

anyman

Awards
  • Established
We have not only changed the environment we have changed how and what we eat and our physical lifestyles and work schedules. Almost everything about post industrial life is unnatural and now we are reaping the "benefits" of veering so far away from what our bodies developed to handle. I also think too that there is massive over prescribing of medication and over use of many diagnoses. Things like autism, add, adhd and so on are "hot" and many kids are being diagnosed and medicated when there is no need to do so. I mean hell my sister in law works with NOTHING but austistic people and she saw traits of autism in my daughter, I meet all the pre screening standards for add/adhd...neither of us are going to take medication, we just have to learn to learn our own way...
Indeed. I just read an article discussing how our modern life has ruined the delicate balance of bacteria we need to live. The micro biome as it is called is far, far less diverse in modern people than in recently discovered tribal groups. We are responsible for many of the changes we see. In time we will either adapt or die out.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Triptorelin could be a springboard to healing, but not exogenous testosterone.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A single 100mcg shot can restore the HPA within 1-2 months in individuals who do not have extreme testicular hypertrophy or testicular damage. It will benefit those who are secondary hypogonadic. Expensive though, but a worthy investment. I have no experience. I have a vericocele, so I can't do a restart. I'm a TRT lifer.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Using a proper dosage of triptorelin is essential though. If the dose is too high, it can permanently shut you down. Triptorelin has worked for many many people though and is very safe if used properly.