Need some advice on low range Total Testosterone Level

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
I recently had a blood test done, and my total testosterone level shows its 322 and the normal range is should be 300 to 1000, so I guess it is still in normal range, but kinda low.

What do you guys think of this? Am I ok with this much only TT level, will it hinder my bodybuilding goals? How can I increase my test level?

I've been asking a few people about my blood test result and I figured I could get a lot more opinions if I post a thread, I don't know which sub-forum is the best to post a question like this, but I'm guessing this sub-forum would be suitable.

A bit of my background:

I'm 23 years old and I have never used any PH/PS or AAS before in my life.

What do you guys think the cause of my low level?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I recently had a blood test done, and my total testosterone level shows its 322 and the normal range is should be 300 to 1000, so I guess it is still in normal range, but kinda low.

What do you guys think of this? Am I ok with this much only TT level, will it hinder my bodybuilding goals? How can I increase my test level?

I've been asking a few people about my blood test result and I figured I could get a lot more opinions if I post a thread, I don't know which sub-forum is the best to post a question like this, but I'm guessing this sub-forum would be suitable.

A bit of my background:
I'm 23 years old and I have never used any PH/PS or anabolic steroids before in my life.

What do you guys think the cause of my low level?
For 23 year old

.Check pituitrary with mri in case of tramatic head injury
2 Examine life style and eating patterns - If you are on go 24 hours day no sleep and party like typical 23 year old SLOW DOWN get some sleep
3. examine adrenal function - saliva or 24 hour urine test
4. Examine thyroid function - ft3 and ft4
5. Examine glucose response through 3 hour glucose tolerance test. - hidden inuslin resistance is very common
6. Seek help from reputable physcian ask for references we will post.

GET FURTHER BLOOD TESTING JANSZ CAN POST SHORTEN VERSION OF SUITABLE TEST

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
For 23 year old

.Check pituitrary with mri in case of tramatic head injury
2 Examine life style and eating patterns - If you are on go 24 hours day no sleep and party like typical 23 year old SLOW DOWN get some sleep
3. examine adrenal function - saliva or 24 hour urine test
4. Examine thyroid function - ft3 and ft4
5. Examine glucose response through 3 hour glucose tolerance test. - hidden inuslin resistance is very common
6. Seek help from reputable physcian ask for references we will post.

GET FURTHER BLOOD TESTING JANSZ CAN POST SHORTEN VERSION OF SUITABLE TEST
Thanks for the suggestion

My eating pattern is alright, but I don't get a lot of sleep, maybe that could be cause.

Here are some other info from my hormone panel, I'm not sure if these are related or not:

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl

Blood glucose (fasting) = 85 mg/dl

Glucose (after meal) = 107 mg/dl

Oh another thing is, when I did my blood test, I did it in the afternoon, just after I finish my workout, could that be the cause of the low test level?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

My eating pattern is alright, but I don't get a lot of sleep, maybe that could be cause.

Here are some other info from my hormone panel, I'm not sure if these are related or not:

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl

We ranges BRO

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean exactly? As in everyone is different?

Care to elaborate more on that?

Thanks
Ranges for the testing results they are just numbers we need to have their ranges :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl

HAN------"If you are on go 24 hours day no sleep and party like typical 23 year old SLOW DOWN get some sleep"

That is terrible advice to give to 24 yo.
Specially that kid is nice and clean, hi said:
"I'm 23 years old and I have never used any PH/PS or anabolic steroids before in my life."

I did not said that it was wrong advice.
-----------------------------------------------------------
THe rest of advice is also good, check
adrenals
thyroid
metabolic
gonads
risk factors
etc
--------------------
My long list is a good start.

-----------------------
Total test=322
is never good not matter how you slice it, 650-1000 more like it
but speaking of testosterone
you want to have a FreeT and BAT in high upper range when supplementing, FreeT(160-250)
or at least in middle range when natural (FreeT>160)
------------------------
My list of tests is here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html#post918085

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

My eating pattern is alright,[B] but I don't get a lot of sleep[/B], maybe that could be cause.

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl

Oh another thing is, when I did my blood test, I did it in the afternoon, just after I finish my workout, could that be the cause of the low test level?
Janz as more and more I run across 21-24 years old I see the same life style pattern over and over again and if it just means getting to bed earlier and getting there body in a natural pattern to get them back to health and to prevent possible adrenal burnout later down the road then they ight as well start now because Young people today underestimate the need to simple "unwind and relax" We are a GO GO GO society " and rarely do you ever take time out to appreciate piece and a quiet mind. So changing lifestyle is the first step to recovering ones health over anything. Yes you can eat healthy never do drugs, but if you are constantly in sympaethetic mood you are going to burn out your parasympathetic and better get a pair of good boots you are going to be in deep shnitz later down the road..When dealing with peoples problems I approache it from a naturopathic side and examine all aspects of a persons life and behavior patterns and just the simpliest changes make the world of a difference..

Solitute
1. how often you work out
2. how long do you work out
3. When was last time you took a week off from the gym
4. how much cardio do you do

Reason I am looking at this is because young people have a bad habitof over training and just simply need a week off and will be fine ..After 6-8 weeks hard I take a recovery week off

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Ranges for the testing results they are just numbers we need to have their ranges :)
ah I'm sorry.

I'll be more specific

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml Ranges: 0.8 - 2.00

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl Ranges: 5.1 - 14.1

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml Ranges: 0.27 - 4.20

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml (Not sure here, it doesn't say for adult male)

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml Ranges: 4.04 - 15.2

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml Ranges: 7.63 - 42.6

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml Ranges: 025 - 0.56

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl Ranges: AM 5 - 25 & PM 2.5 - 12.5

Testosterone = 3.22 Ranges: 3.0 - 10.6

Blood glucose (fasting) = 85 mg/dl Ranges: <100

Glucose (after meal) = 107 mg/dl Ranges: <120

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
HAN------"If you are on go 24 hours day no sleep and party like typical 23 year old SLOW DOWN get some sleep"

That is terrible advice to give to 24 yo.
Specially that kid is nice and clean, hi said:
"I'm 23 years old and I have never used any PH/PS or anabolic steroids before in my life."

I did not said that it was wrong advice.
-----------------------------------------------------------
THe rest of advice is also good, check
adrenals
thyroid
metabolic
gonads
risk factors
etc
--------------------
My long list is a good start.

-----------------------
Total test=322
is never good not matter how you slice it, 650-1000 more like it
but speaking of testosterone
you want to have a FreeT and BAT in high upper range when supplementing, FreeT(160-250)
or at least in middle range when natural (FreeT>160)
------------------------
My list of tests is here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html#post918085
Thanks

Yeah, I haven't party or touch alcohol for at least half a year. :)

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Janz as more and more I run across 21-24 years old I see the same life style pattern over and over again and if it just means getting to bed earlier and getting there body in a natural pattern to get them back to health and to prevent possible adrenal burnout later down the road then they ight as well start now because Young people today underestimate the need to simple "unwind and relax" We are a GO GO GO society " and rarely do you ever take time out to appreciate piece and a quiet mind. So changing lifestyle is the first step to recovering ones health over anything. Yes you can eat healthy never do drugs, but if you are constantly in sympaethetic mood you are going to burn out your parasympathetic and better get a pair of good boots you are going to be in deep shnitz later down the road..When dealing with peoples problems I approache it from a naturopathic side and examine all aspects of a persons life and behavior patterns and just the simpliest changes make the world of a difference..

Solitute
1. how often you work out
2. how long do you work out
3. When was last time you took a week off from the gym
4. how much cardio do you do

Reason I am looking at this is because young people have a bad habitof over training and just simply need a week off and will be fine ..After 6-8 weeks hard I take a recovery week off

Answers:

1. how often you work out: Full Body 3 times a week

2. how long do you work out: 1 hour to 1.5 hour

3. When was last time you took a week off from the gym: I took 2 week off before I had my blood test, because I had busy weeks, but I train hard like on the particular day I withdraw the blood sample. Could that be the cause?

4. how much cardio do you do: None

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Solitute
3. When was last time you took a week off from the gym: I took 2 week off before I had my blood test, because I had busy weeks, but I train hard like on the particular day I withdraw the blood sample. Could that be the cause?
Possible simple regulate sleep patterns may all that may be needed to bring you back in balance. Did you eat after working out for 2 hours before blood test ?

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Possible simple regulate sleep patterns may all that may be needed to bring you back in balance. Did you eat after working out for 2 hours before blood test ?
I will clarify that.

I workout for 1.5 hours, and then after that I had protein shake, then 2 hours later I had the blood test.

I also had a whole meal for my pre-workout meal 2 hours before my workout

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Answers:

That is 3-4.5 hour of work per week

any other activity that could count as work.

say like brisk walking to work, 45 minutes morning and back

or working jack-hammer or framing houses all day

so basically you are sedentary person

no judgement, just trying to put some perspective

It does not look like you problem is because you are over extending your body phisically.

Eat 2000-2500calories/day and work enough to not gain weight.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ah I'm sorry.

I'll be more specific

T3 = 1.23 ng/ml Ranges: 0.8 - 2.00

T4 = 7.51 ug/dl Ranges: 5.1 - 14.1

TSH = 4.87 iu/ml Ranges: 0.27 - 4.20

LH = 7.60 mIU/ml (Not sure here, it doesn't say for adult male)

Prolactin = 5.33 ng/ml Ranges: 4.04 - 15.2

Estradiol = 23 pg/ml Ranges: 7.63 - 42.6

Progesteron = 1.97 ng/ml Ranges: 025 - 0.56

Cortisol = 16 ug/dl Ranges: AM 5 - 25 & PM 2.5 - 12.5

Testosterone = 3.22 Ranges: 3.0 - 10.6

Blood glucose (fasting) = 85 mg/dl Ranges: <100

Glucose (after meal) = 107 mg/dl Ranges: <120
T3 is screaming for help. This is a biggie and might be a root cause of issue.

Why is your LH so high? Primary hypo comes to mind.

Progesterone anyone?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I will clarify that.

I workout for 1.5 hours, and then after that I had protein shake, then 2 hours later I had the blood test.

I also had a whole meal for my pre-workout meal 2 hours before my workout
This is not right.

Before blood test, take two days rest of excercises or any other heavy physical work, no alcohol, no sex.

Eat normal up until evening of a day of blood test.
5AM drink 16-24oz of plain tap water
Do blood test 7AM
you may have another draw at 3PM (cortisol).

If you have other tests, discuss with your behaviour/diet/sex/exercises with doctor

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for all the input guys..

What happened was like this, I already took two days rest like you said (Sat and Sun), before I had my blood withdrawn on Monday, then when I got my result on Tuesday (The next day after, right after I finish my workout I came home and received the letter containing the lab test result), and noticed that the stupid lab did not do the hormone panel, so I was pissed at them why didn't they do the hormone panel while I already specifically asked them to do it, then they apologized and told me to come back and get another blood withdrawn because they didn't have enough to do the hormone panel.

So I came back on that day itself (Tuesday) and that day was my training day, I train that day, because I didn't know that I was supposed to withdraw more blood, when I arrived I told the lab people that I just came back from training and will it skew the result I asked? They said don't worry about it.

Well that was what happened in more detail.

I'll make sure that I get the blood withdrawn in the morning next time and with proper rest, thanks Janz!

Plymouth, what are your recommendations to get my T3 level down?

Is my LH to high? What does primary Hypo means?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for all the input guys..

What happen was like this, I already take two days rest like you said (Sat and Sun), before I had my blood withdrawn on Monday, then when I got my result on Tuesday (The next day after, right after I finish my workout I came home and received the letter containing the lab test result), and noticed that the stupid lab did not do the hormone panel, so I was pissed at them why didn't they do the hormone panel while I already specifically asked them to do it, then they apologized and told me to come back and get another blood withdrawn because they didn't have enough to do the hormone panel.

So I came back on that day itself (Tuesday) and that day was my training day, I train that day, because I didn't know that I was supposed to withdraw more blood, when I arrive I told the lab people that I just came back from training and will it skew the result I asked? They said don't worry about it.

Well that was what happened in more detail.

I'll make sure that I get the blood withdrawn in the morning next time and with proper rest, thanks Janz!

Plymouth, what are your recommendations to get my T3 level down?

Is my LH to high? What does primary Hypo means?
What time was the lab drawn because 16 cortisol in some naturopathic practices is alittle bit on low and you want to get t3 up not down. In thi situation your dr may want into look into possible giving you some plain t-4 since you are converting normal .. Armour would cause too much rise in t3 and cause an imbalance in t4 to t3 ratio. Adrenal could be uncoverd by urine test if dr wants to further investigate to rule things out..

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
What time was the lab drawn because 16 cortisol in some naturopathic practices is alittle bit on low and you want to get t3 up not down. In thi situation your dr may want into look into possible giving you some plain t-4 since you are converting normal .. Armour would cause too much rise in t3 and cause an imbalance in t4 to t3 ratio. Adrenal could be uncoverd by urine test if dr wants to further investigate to rule things out..
Ah, so T3 must be higher not lower, I see, thanks

It was around 2:30 PM when I had the test.

What is Armour?

I haven't had the time to discuss this with my dr. I will go and see him today and ask his opinion on it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Ah, so T3 must be higher not lower, I see, thanks

It was around 2:30 PM when I had the test.

What is Armour?

I haven't had the time to discuss this with my dr. I will go and see him today and ask his opinion on it.
Cortisol at 16 is out of range according to PM range !! which could explain your low test levels due to exercising previously

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol at 16 is out of range according to PM range !! which could explain your low test levels due to exercising previously
Ah I see, so the problem must be because of the hard workout I had previously.

Makes me feel a bit easier now. :)

Would supps for cortisol control will help to suppress my cortisol and keep my test level high?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Ah I see, so the problem must be because of the hard workout I had previously.

Makes me feel a bit easier now. :)

Would supps for cortisol control will help to suppress my cortisol and keep my test level high?
Just have them retest you I heard t levels fluctuate a great amount in specific instance. I read on study where taking a plane trip cross country for 8 hours lowered a person hormones levels by 60-80% hence stress did it :)
You probably would test may be in 500-600 if had a normal day and God knows what you had day before the test or if you got pissed off for being there, ahole in front of you could have made you mad. Why take it first thing aM no worrys be happy

Solitude

Awards
  • Established
Just have them retest you I heard t levels fluctuate a great amount in specific instance. I read on study where taking a plane trip cross country for 8 hours lowered a person hormones levels by 60-80% hence stress did it :)
You probably would test may be in 500-600 if had a normal day and God knows what you had day before the test or if you got pissed off for being there, ahole in front of you could have made you mad. Why take it first thing aM no worrys be happy
Hahaha! You're right bro! :D

Thank you so much for all the help, I appreciate it!

Reps to you!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I will look into it. Thank you JanSz :)
Do not over analyze, (at first).
With luck you may not need anything or only wery little.
Remember, there are grades of problem.

Some problems present them selves as psychological and that how they are treated by doctors while all that is need is adjusting couple of hormones.
--------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitude
Solitude of a person means seclusion or isolation, i.e. lack of contact with other people.

If you like me, (low testosterone wise), 9 months to a year after you raise your T to proper level, you outlook will change for the better.