Lab results and low test need advice ASAP!!!!

wrxkid86

Awards
I am new to posting to this site but I keep up with some of the threads daily. I am 27 5'11 amd was at 178lbs a year ago. I work out regularly and eat healthy. Over the past year I lost a lot of mass and my strength went downhill. I am 154 now and just got my lab test back. My total testosterone is 403, free test is 85 pg/nl, shgb is 31 out of 71 and my vitamin d is 38 out of 89. I eat a lot and work out every other day but I am having issues with fatigue, libido, sleeping, and recovery. My dr just wants me to take OTC vitamin d for the low vitamin d levels but doesn't care about the test being low or the fact I lost so much weight. Not sure what to do now...just need some advice. Thanks

stamp_on_kids

Awards
Did you cycle anything? How many cals you getting in? I am surprised he didn't care

wrxkid86

Awards
Never been on any kind of cycle. All the dr cared about was vitamin d. Drs around here are not realistic when it comes to those under 30 with low testosterone. I consume about 3500 calls a day and around 180 to 200 grams of protein. Same routine that I had before I lost my weight.

murk01

murk01

Awards
take vit D and a multi. natty test supps. ur not getting trt at that level. unless u find a better doc.... but u dont want to do trt forever any way.

look into stress and diet. lower ur routine intensity at the gym

wrxkid86

Awards
Exactly but for my age it should be somewhat higher. Testosterone gets lower as you age so by the time I'm 30 maybe the dr would put me on trt.

wrxkid86

Awards
Yeah my dr told me to take vitamin d with my other vitamins and stick with my normal routine. I am getting a second opinion though. I am currently on otc testosterone supplements and a multivitamin though.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yeah my dr told me to take vitamin d with my other vitamins and stick with my normal routine. I am getting a second opinion though. I am currently on otc testosterone supplements and a multivitamin though.
some ppl r just lower. no perm fix. trt or roids only help when ur on. ur test goes back to ur bods normal levels when off cycle. if ur dik gets the job done dont stress it.

the dic wont put u on trt unless ur lower then 250.

if ur realy conserned find another doc in sport medicine ; endo or anti aging. some internal med docs take it more seriusly to

wrxkid86

Awards
Thank you I will look into talking to a sport medicine dr.

stamp_on_kids

Awards
Yeah your test level isn't great but since its in range not surprised he doesn't care. I would think he would have interest in you losing almost 25 pounds when your weren't trying to?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Exactly but for my age it should be somewhat higher. Testosterone gets lower as you age so by the time I'm 30 maybe the dr would put me on trt.
It won`t go any lower in 3 years.