Land of confusion

acidred06

Banned
Awards
In a land of confusion.

1st, I am 38, I train 4 days a week and do HIIT 3 days a week. My diet is pretty clean, high pro., med carbs. and low/med fats. 50/30/20

I am looking for some help with all kinds of meds and conditions. I am currently being treated for bi-polar/depression, hypothyroid, bloodpressure and low testosterone

bipolar/depression - wellbutrin 300mg, zyprexa 2.5mg, lamictal 300mg
thyroid - syntroid .100mcg
bloodpressure - lisinopril 20mg
low test - androgel 10g

I just had a physical and bloodwork last week and now I have high cholesterol and my test levels went even lower.

cholesterol - total 226, LDL 158 & HDL 43
test - 229
My thyroid, triglis, white blood count, liver functions all cool.

Isnt test-cholesterol-thyroid-depression all linked in some way.

My Dr. wants me to go on Lipitor for 3 months then check blood again. I do not want to add another med to my hugh list.

My question is if I was treated correctly for hormone issues would or wouldnt some of my other problems go away or at least lower.

Low test can result in depression, correct

If anyone can help I would so appreciate it.

cjones84

Awards
I have read severe depression can effect thyroid function so with low T causing depression it can all be related I guess.

Have you tried supplimenting with 5-HTP? This converts in the brain into serotonin. Other herbs that have an effect on stress, anxiety, depression include passion flower, tryptophan, kava, and valerian.

Thyroid treatments - Dr. Murray Natural Living | Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism

Dr. Murray Natural Living | High Blood Pressure - Make sure you get some good fish oils, this will also help your high cholesterol

I wouldn't know what to recommend for low T I would go with Dr John's recommendations for now and take a good quality fish oil once or twice a day and a good vitamin E capsule, not the cheap d-alpha stuff

Water, Green Tea, Nettle Tea and Cranberry Juice are generally good for the male constitution, you shouldn't need to take suppliments daily for any of these, instead maybe take your suppliments with them? :cheers:

Osteoporosis, heart attack, stroke, prostate cancer, sleep cycle being disturbed, immune system break down (catching about 8 or 10 times the colds you normally do, accompanying prostatitis, prostate hypertrophy and resultant poor urine flow), bones and joints ache a lot, energy level, focus, concentration and mental sharpness deteriorating, penile and testicular atrophy can all result from low testosterone

It is important to remember that this hormone is a mans best friend in nearly every way. Doctors who are not really tuned in with this accept much lower levels of it than they should.

Hope you get yourself back to optimal health

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
In a land of confusion.

1st, I am 38, I train 4 days a week and do HIIT 3 days a week. My diet is pretty clean, high pro., med carbs. and low/med fats. 50/30/20

I am looking for some help with all kinds of meds and conditions. I am currently being treated for bi-polar/depression, hypothyroid, bloodpressure and low testosterone

low test - androgel 10g

I just had a physical and bloodwork last week and now I have high cholesterol and my test levels went even lower.

test - 229

My Dr. wants me to go on Lipitor for 3 months then check blood again. I do not want to add another med to my hugh list.

My question is if I was treated correctly for hormone issues would or wouldnt some of my other problems go away or at least lower.

I would stay away from Lipitor. Recently Lipitor user posted his blood test results, do not remember details but nothing to write home about it. Worst than proscar.

Your test is low. Get it to 600-800 and then wait 6 months to a year at that level so other things get ballanced out.
Androgel, either you are spilling lots of it or have absorption problem.
I would try dividing each 5gram pouch into 4-5 portions and spread all over.
I use 100mg/1gram Tcream, 1gram daily, much easier control over it.
If you have to, do injections but not less often than every 3 days.
Your testis will shrink. If you do not worry about it, leave it as is.
If you do, use HCG, Novarel 250IU every other day.

Armour Thyroid is best, use as much as you have to to get FreeT3~3.8
then if your FreeT4 is low add Syntroid.
Carefull when ramping up the dose.
Always keep months supply at hand. If you run out of Armour, you have a gentle way to ramp down.

Correct T and E levels are conducive to proper cholesterol level and often help with depression (did for me).

What is bipolar? What people with this condition do/feel/behave/other. What happens to you along these lines?
============================
You could use a good doctor:
These can take care of many of your problems.
Best Patient-Recommended Practitioners for Thyroid Conditions
Thyroid Disease Top Doctors Directory -- Best Practitioners for Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism & More

You can always use good blood test, I often post my (long) list.
If you want I can post it again.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Land of confusion - Thanks

Thanks all to your advise.

Believe me I am fighting with my Dr. on Lipitor or Zocor because I do not want to add another med. I am actually trying to get somone to look into my hormone issues, thyroid and low test and see if correcting them will help me get off the depression and bi-polar meds. All these meds make me feel like a freak.

My test sucks. Androgel doesnt seem to work for me but I will give you twice a day method (or did you mean 5g 4-5 times a day). I've been on it over a year. I apply it on bi's, tri's shoulders, calves and tops/side of feet where skin is thin.

I would love to pin T but my Dr. says noway and market is not trust worthy anymore. I;m waiting for my urologist to call me back as to what to do at this point.

I would love to do Armour but Dr. wont switch me and dont know where to get it. I pissed her off by switching to Cyto without her knowing so she put me back on synthroid.

Bi-polar is a severe form of depression. Days where I cant get out of bed and cannot feel any happiness even though I have a great life. Give me a million dollars and Demi Moore and I would want 2 million and Demi and Pam Anderson.

I;m trying to see if I can get a Endocreziologist (spelling) or hormone Dr.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Thanks cjones84

I want a Dr. to look at my hormone levels and validate if they could cause my head issues. 4 different meds just so I dont blow my head off. Got to be a better way.

What is 5-HTP? I have to tell you I have zero faith in supplement companies. I managed a health store and a gym and tried so many supplemnts with little or not change. Clen and gear are the only thing that worked.

Herbs and meds for head dont mix well. Thats a sketchy subject. at best.

I will look up Dr. Murray and see what he has to say. My thyroid test where ok but with low test I am getting love handles, soft look no matter what diet I'm ON. I did just start HIIT and a cardio weight training program so we will see.

I take Adam multi, 2 Flaxseed oil (pills) and 3 Omego 3 daily. Actually just started the flax pills Monday.

I actually met Dr. John at one of my Dr. office. If either my family Dr. or urologist found out I was going to Dr. John they would drop me.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks all to your advise.

Believe me I am fighting with my Dr. on Lipitor or Zocor because I do not want to add another med. I am actually trying to get somone to look into my hormone issues, thyroid and low test and see if correcting them will help me get off the depression and bi-polar meds. All these meds make me feel like a freak.

My test sucks. Androgel doesnt seem to work for me but I will give you twice a day method (or did you mean 5g 4-5 times a day). I've been on it over a year. I apply it on bi's, tri's shoulders, calves and tops/side of feet where skin is thin.

I would love to pin T but my Dr. says noway and market is not trust worthy anymore. I;m waiting for my urologist to call me back as to what to do at this point.

I would love to do Armour but Dr. wont switch me and dont know where to get it. I pissed her off by switching to Cyto without her knowing so she put me back on synthroid.

Bi-polar is a severe form of depression. Days where I cant get out of bed and cannot feel any happiness even though I have a great life. Give me a million dollars and Demi Moore and I would want 2 million and Demi and Pam Anderson.

I;m trying to see if I can get a Endocreziologist (spelling) or hormone Dr.
How about you make a plan. The plan is:
Take control of your T and E for at least 6 months and see what that do to you.
Testosterone:
You have Androgel, keep it.
When applying you must be extremely carefull to not to spill it, gel is very thin. Each packet divide into 4-5 little portions and spread it everywhere except genitals.
If you have to, use three packets, 15 grams daily.
It is a lot of gel, you may have to apply twice daily.
I am using 100mg/1gram Testosterone cream, compounded.
10x less volume than Androgel.
If that fails go to shots, but do them at least every 3rd day.
Test every 6 weeks to see where you are.
Test Estradiol.
Use Arimidex 1/4 pill every other day, adjust as need.
Use DIM+I3C+TMG
If you have a problem getting script for blood test, buy it from LEF.org

Good levels ot T and E should stabilize you emotionally.
May help with bi-polar -- I am totally guessing here.
But definitely will help "ordinary" depression.

When you do not have a cold and otherwise normal,
take your body temperature at least 3 hours after you are out of bed.
Post it here. Use digital termometer under tongue.
This may get idea about your thyroid status.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
I have the bottles of AG not the individual packs. 1.25g per pump. So adding it up I take 8 pumps every morning give me 10g per day. Waiting for Dr. to call back as to whats next. Dont know if you can take more than 10g per day. The paperwork and bottles dont mention it.

What are these DIM+I3C+TMG

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have the bottles of AG not the individual packs. 1.25g per pump. So adding it up I take 8 pumps every morning give me 10g per day. Waiting for Dr. to call back as to whats next. Dont know if you can take more than 10g per day. The paperwork and bottles dont mention it.

What are these DIM+I3C+TMG
The amount of Androgel that you need depends on your tested blood levels. If your blood test shows that you are low you have to increase the dose. Spread each 1.25g pump separately. You probably do not want to use more than 15grams total per day. If you need more that mean your skin have absorbtion problem, switch to injections. You need blood tests to figure all that out, no guessing.
If you have a recent blood test that shows low T, increase dose of Androgel, call doctor's nurse for refill on Androgel because you are running low on medicine.
If you have the money or prescription insurance you are set.
Compounded T cream or injections are way less expensive, about $1.00/day or less.

When it comes to estrogen management, until better explained;
we use Arimidex, about 1/4pill EOD adjusted per blood test.
there are also good/bad estrone rato. We use DIM to adjust that. As usual it is not just a DIM there is some more.
Read some on this here:
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...
To be more sure about that ratio and other details Dr John uses
Home
they do urine test and provide explanation of results.
Hormone Profiling
I can tell you what I am using and it works for me.
Good luck.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
I'm new to allot of this so

what is Compounded T cream or injections are way less expensive, about $1.00/day or less.

I requested it but my Dr. did not test my estro, Is there a simple way to know if its high. i will read on Arimidex

I definatley need to read on what the hell good/bad estrone rato is and what DIM is as well Thanks for the links, I need to study up

Can I ask what you are taking

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm new to allot of this so

what is Compounded T cream or injections are way less expensive, about $1.00/day or less.

I requested it but my Dr. did not test my estro, Is there a simple way to know if its high. i will read on Arimidex

I definatley need to read on what the hell good/bad estrone rato is and what DIM is as well Thanks for the links, I need to study up

Can I ask what you are taking
Depending on one's needs creams can be made with
Testosterone
Pregnenolone
DHEA
Chrysin
probably many more

Some people use "pure" DIM, but I am in a camp that believe that other ingredients are also beneficial.
So I take
6pills of
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
and two pills of
Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets
and 6 pills of
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
and 3pills of
Dhea (Dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base, 100 Mg 60 Capsules
but I am just about to change to DHEA and Chrysin creme, supposedly much better absorbtion and less cost.
-----------------------------------------------------
I got your PM.
Since Dr John is so close to you,
I would let him run your TRT, adrenals/thyroid.
With that stabilized, I bet your other problems if not disappear at least should be easier to handle.
-----------------------------------------------------
I would still got my long blood test, it would give you (and Dr John) good foot to start with.
Before you go for a blood test, set your routine and do not change it for a month, better 6 weeks the do the blood draw.
I posted my list often. If you cannot find it I may repost it.
Good luck.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
Holy crap this is confusing

Dude, first if you are busy I can take the time this weekend to try and get info on these subjects and product. If you have the time, sweet. I dont understand most of the med stuff anyways.

I looked at there site but it only wants to send me literature. Couldnt find where/how/cost of anything.

Testosterone - I have Androgel, is there better

Pregnenolone - what is this and why would i need it

DHEA - heard this is mostly hype

Chrysin - heard a little on this but thought it was just another supplement that claim lots and give nothing

"pure" DIM - WHAT IS THIS

Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw,

60 Vegetarian Capsules ?

Tmg (Trimethylglycine), ?

Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, ?

Dhea (Dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base, ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dude, first if you are busy I can take the time this weekend to try and get info on these subjects and product. If you have the time, sweet. I dont understand most of the med stuff anyways.

I looked at there site but it only wants to send me literature. Couldnt find where/how/cost of anything.

Testosterone - I have Androgel, is there better

Pregnenolone - what is this and why would i need it

DHEA - heard this is mostly hype

Chrysin - heard a little on this but thought it was just another supplement that claim lots and give nothing

"pure" DIM - WHAT IS THIS

Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw,

60 Vegetarian Capsules ?

Tmg (Trimethylglycine), ?

Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, ?

Dhea (Dehydroepiandrosterone) Free Base, ?
Arimidex is AI, Aromatase Inhibitor, used to lower high estrodial (E2).

Take it easy, get education first.
You have few choices.
1. Do not worry about anything, let you doctor handle you problems.

2. Get enough information to be able to evaluate if your doctor is on the right track

3. Get enough information to try to help your self

There are other options.

If you get the blood test I am harping about, we may get a head start.

For right now get some knowledge, read this, first once but keep it handy for frequent re-checking:
Adrenal Disease
Adrenal Disease: Online Reference For Health Concerns
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Bph): Online References For Health Concerns
Blood Testing Protocols
Blood Testing Protocols: Online References For Health Concerns
DHEA Restoration Therapy
Dhea Restoration Therapy: Online References For Health Concerns
Male Hormone Restoration
Male Hormone Restoration: Online References For Health Concerns
Thyroid Regulation
Thyroid Regulation: Online References For Health Concerns
Convenient and Low-Cost Blood Testing
Life Extension Blood Testing Center
do search on bipolar

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya when I first got sick they did all kinds of tests. Then told me I am suffering from Major Depression I had to go along with this because I was off on sick leave. To make this story short I was on every dam AD med on the market told I was bi-polar you name it. I went through this for 5 yrs druged up on all this crap. So bad one day I could not void and went see a Uro he found I was not Depressed but I have low testosterone. I was on so much AD meds I had to go into Re-hab to get off them. When I started on TRT I never had this feeling again in my head. Now I am not saying this is your case but it's worth a try only way you can do this is see a different Dr. Once they get you on AD meds they don't what to try taking you off.
In a land of confusion.

low test - androgel 10g

test - 229