blood work

1. blood work

hey im going to get blood work this week im curious what do i ask for what are the important markers to look for or make sure i get on the blood work? i dont want to have to do blood again and would like to figure out everything once i go in ?

im sure this is posted somewhere in here down the line

2. Why are you getting bloodwork? Post cycle, pre cycle, trt, low test symptoms, etc?
    •   

3. checking how everything is seems like ever since i hit 29 i feel like **** all the time not recovering any more sleep issues ect

im natural lifted for past 14 years first time iv actually felt beat down sore not recovering and cant really push like i was anmore

4. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    checking how everything is seems like ever since i hit 29 i feel like **** all the time not recovering any more sleep issues ect
    In terms of hormones, Iíd say get your free test, total test, lh, fsh, shbg, dht, dhea, prolactin, estradiol, tsh, t4 t3, reverse t3, cortisol, etc.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicGuru View Post
    In terms of hormones, I’d say get your free test, total test, lh, fsh, shbg, dht, dhea, prolactin, estradiol, tsh, t4 t3, reverse t3, cortisol, etc.
    do i ask for a full panel hormone test to get all those?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    do i ask for a full panel hormone test to get all those?
    Most physicians just order the things to get tested; so if you were to be getting bloodwork ordered by a physician, youíd probably just want to let them know what you want tested. Some physicians arenít the smartest and can often order the wrong tests or just not even bother to order half of the ones I listed. Thereís probably other things youíd want tested as well. Do you think that your issues are related to testosterone?

7. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicGuru View Post
    Most physicians just order the things to get tested; so if you were to be getting bloodwork ordered by a physician, you’d probably just want to let them know what you want tested. Some physicians aren’t the smartest and can often order the wrong tests or just not even bother to order half of the ones I listed. There’s probably other things you’d want tested as well. Do you think that your issues are related to testosterone?
    yea i think so definitely dont feel like i did when i was 21 22 years old anymore for sure

8. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    yea i think so definitely dont feel like i did when i was 21 22 years old anymore for sure
    Iíd get the stuff I mentioned tested then; they all work together and effect one another, so I think itís important to get them all tested. Iíd also do some reading online to get a better understanding and maybe even find more stuff to get tested as well.
  9. May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

10. any other opinions goin in the morning will bring up all those

11. got blood work will post results in 2 day not sure if this doctor will do what i want as i had high blood pressue 124/94 and she was already talking about putting me on blood pressure medicine

12. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    got blood work will post results in 2 day not sure if this doctor will do what i want as i had high blood pressue 124/94 and she was already talking about putting me on blood pressure medicine
    Sounds like it's not bad at all and diet, like less sodium, and better sleep would probably get it to perfect.

13. soo they have my blood results but wont tell me until i go see them tomorrow for an appt

they said nothing bad just elevated cholestoral and liver

i got my test number and they said 360 which was "fine" but reading stuff online thats the lowest normal reading

14. so test was 360 and free test was 7.1

15. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    so test was 360 and free test was 7.1
    Appears like you have low testosterone. What about the rest of the testing? Thyroid, vitamin D, Folate/B12, Iodine, estradiol, etc?
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:

16. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Appears like you have low testosterone. What about the rest of the testing? Thyroid, vitamin D, Folate/B12, Iodine, estradiol, etc?
    thyroid was 4.3 high end normal i told them to take a full thyroid panel of course they didnt also asked for dhea and coritsol nope didnt get those

vitamin D was low normal at 30 estradial was>20

17. Quote Originally Posted by TheIronAsylum View Post
    thyroid was 4.3 high end normal i told them to take a full thyroid panel of course they didnt also asked for dhea and coritsol nope didnt get those

vitamin D was low normal at 30 estradial was>20
    Iím guessing youíre referring to your tsh when you say thyroid. A 4.3 is abnormally high, which indicates that your pituitary is recognizing an insufficiency in t3, t4, etc. For tsh, anything above 3 is actually pretty damn high and is something to definitely look deeper into. Having insufficient thyroid levels will have a impact on a lot of other hormones. I recommend you find a better physician; clearly they have no idea what theyíre doing given that they didnít acknowledge your requests and especially that they ignored your abnormal tsh level.

18. Let me add that thyroid function depends on having adequate Iodine levels. Agree you need a better doctor.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:

19. so im basically fuked since thyroid is ****ed

20. what if i start low dose iodine as a kelp sipplement
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of blood work to get done??
    By toastynoodles in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 10:03 AM
  2. got my blood work back
    By shredded in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 10:39 PM
  3. Blood Work Results
    By jms31 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:37 PM
  4. M1t and blood work