blood work

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
hey im going to get blood work this week im curious what do i ask for what are the important markers to look for or make sure i get on the blood work? i dont want to have to do blood again and would like to figure out everything once i go in ?

im sure this is posted somewhere in here down the line

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why are you getting bloodwork? Post cycle, pre cycle, trt, low test symptoms, etc?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
checking how everything is seems like ever since i hit 29 i feel like **** all the time not recovering any more sleep issues ect

im natural lifted for past 14 years first time iv actually felt beat down sore not recovering and cant really push like i was anmore

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
checking how everything is seems like ever since i hit 29 i feel like **** all the time not recovering any more sleep issues ect
In terms of hormones, I’d say get your free test, total test, lh, fsh, shbg, dht, dhea, prolactin, estradiol, tsh, t4 t3, reverse t3, cortisol, etc.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
In terms of hormones, I’d say get your free test, total test, lh, fsh, shbg, dht, dhea, prolactin, estradiol, tsh, t4 t3, reverse t3, cortisol, etc.
do i ask for a full panel hormone test to get all those?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
do i ask for a full panel hormone test to get all those?
Most physicians just order the things to get tested; so if you were to be getting bloodwork ordered by a physician, you’d probably just want to let them know what you want tested. Some physicians aren’t the smartest and can often order the wrong tests or just not even bother to order half of the ones I listed. There’s probably other things you’d want tested as well. Do you think that your issues are related to testosterone?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
Most physicians just order the things to get tested; so if you were to be getting bloodwork ordered by a physician, you’d probably just want to let them know what you want tested. Some physicians aren’t the smartest and can often order the wrong tests or just not even bother to order half of the ones I listed. There’s probably other things you’d want tested as well. Do you think that your issues are related to testosterone?
yea i think so definitely dont feel like i did when i was 21 22 years old anymore for sure

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yea i think so definitely dont feel like i did when i was 21 22 years old anymore for sure
I’d get the stuff I mentioned tested then; they all work together and effect one another, so I think it’s important to get them all tested. I’d also do some reading online to get a better understanding and maybe even find more stuff to get tested as well.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
any other opinions goin in the morning will bring up all those

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
got blood work will post results in 2 day not sure if this doctor will do what i want as i had high blood pressue 124/94 and she was already talking about putting me on blood pressure medicine

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
got blood work will post results in 2 day not sure if this doctor will do what i want as i had high blood pressue 124/94 and she was already talking about putting me on blood pressure medicine
Sounds like it's not bad at all and diet, like less sodium, and better sleep would probably get it to perfect.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
soo they have my blood results but wont tell me until i go see them tomorrow for an appt

they said nothing bad just elevated cholestoral and liver

i got my test number and they said 360 which was "fine" but reading stuff online thats the lowest normal reading

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so test was 360 and free test was 7.1

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so test was 360 and free test was 7.1
Appears like you have low testosterone. What about the rest of the testing? Thyroid, vitamin D, Folate/B12, Iodine, estradiol, etc?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
Appears like you have low testosterone. What about the rest of the testing? Thyroid, vitamin D, Folate/B12, Iodine, estradiol, etc?
thyroid was 4.3 high end normal i told them to take a full thyroid panel of course they didnt also asked for dhea and coritsol nope didnt get those

vitamin D was low normal at 30 estradial was>20

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thyroid was 4.3 high end normal i told them to take a full thyroid panel of course they didnt also asked for dhea and coritsol nope didnt get those

vitamin D was low normal at 30 estradial was>20
I’m guessing you’re referring to your tsh when you say thyroid. A 4.3 is abnormally high, which indicates that your pituitary is recognizing an insufficiency in t3, t4, etc. For tsh, anything above 3 is actually pretty damn high and is something to definitely look deeper into. Having insufficient thyroid levels will have a impact on a lot of other hormones. I recommend you find a better physician; clearly they have no idea what they’re doing given that they didn’t acknowledge your requests and especially that they ignored your abnormal tsh level.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me add that thyroid function depends on having adequate Iodine levels. Agree you need a better doctor.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so im basically fuked since thyroid is ****ed

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
what if i start low dose iodine as a kelp sipplement