Donating blood

hcontreras68

hcontreras68

Awards
I've been in TRT for almost 3 years now. I've never donated blood. Should I be doing so? If so, how often do you guys suggest?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The main reason guys on TRT donate blood is to help with their high blood count and hematocrit. If your levels aren't high then you really don't have to worry about donating, but it is an easy way to help the community. I always said I'm poor as fu$# so I give blood instead!

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I have had borderline high hemoglobin and hematocrit for a while, and my doc said they need to come down (last test was over the top of the range) or he is cutting my dose. I am now donating whole blood e as frequently as they allow me to, plus i am a B- blood type so my blood is pretty rare...

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is the sure way to get it down. Also make sure you stay VERY hydrated. Water helps also while donating whole blood.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stay away from iron. Research chelation on Google. Iron is the culprit here.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take Tumeric and inositol hexaphosphate and give blood. This has everything under control now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been in TRT for almost 3 years now. I've never donated blood. Should I be doing so? If so, how often do you guys suggest?
Almost 5 years here and I have never donated. By BP is normal and my hematocrit and RBC is normal for the altitude I live in. I supplement with natto and naringin and that helped regulate in the beginning and has kept things in range since. Plus staying hydrated is always a recommendation.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Naringin sounds like the bees knees.

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
Something that is often dismissed is also one of the most important things to observe during and after cycles: blood counts. Really this is far more important than your precious testosterone levels. I'll even go as far as saying that it's more important than estrogen levels. Gynecomastia won't kill you. Ignoring blood level "forever" can certainly be fatal. In order to understand the effects of steroids, it's entirely important to understand the process in which blood is affected. The amount of RBC's that you have matters. Too little, you're in trouble. This is called Anemia. Too many RBC's you're still in trouble, and that's called Polycythemia. Hepcidin Suppression and Oxygen Deprivation are "2" major area's where steroids affect your blood.

Best thing is a quick blood test called Complete Blood Count (CBC) panel . Were looking for Hematocrit , (HCT). Hematocrit is a measure of how thick your blood is. The more RBC's you have, the higher the number will be. "Your blood just got super thick and super slow.
You can use "Lab Reference ranges. The goal is to stay with in the range. If your HCT level goes a little over a bit, it's not the end of the world, but don't ignore it. If it get's to around 58%,you have some serous issues to attend to. And I'll be the first to say, It can get up there pretty fast...

Just my thought only!!!...........AnalogMan

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, that would definitely be something to watch and I would venture that most doctors wouldn't want you above 52-54% if you live at sea level. Here they don't think much about seeing up to 55% before monitoring. I keep mine around 51-52% on TRT.