Anastrozole while on 150mg test per week?

hcontreras68

hcontreras68

Awards
Does anyone know if "generally" men need to take an AI like Anastrolzole on a regular dose of test cyp of 150mg a week? Right now I take 1/4 pill 2x per week (with each injection). I generally am the type of person that holds a lot of water weight while on my T. My concern is that I will suppress my E2 too much. Is it possible for that to happen with basically 1/4 pill x2 per week?

BJE

BJE

Awards
1/4 of an Arimidex pill is about what I take per week on 200mg test. Any less than that and I tend to get nipple pain.

hcontreras68

hcontreras68

Awards
1/4 of an Arimidex pill is about what I take per week on 200mg test. Any less than that and I tend to get nipple pain.
So am I taking too much? Mine adds up to be 1/2 pill weekly....

BJE

BJE

Awards
So am I taking too much? Mine adds up to be 1/2 pill weekly....
I wrote that wrong. I meant to say 1/4 pill twice a week. I think the dose is dependent on the individual. I wouldn't say you are taking too much unless you actually had evidence to show that.

hcontreras68

hcontreras68

Awards
I wrote that wrong. I meant to say 1/4 pill twice a week. I think the dose is dependent on the individual. I wouldn't say you are taking too much unless you actually had evidence to show that.
Well, no achy joints or anything like that....However, I have been feeling tired as hell when I get to the gym, but that could just be that my meals aren't on point like they normally are (been traveling so much).

BJE

BJE

Awards
When I've taken a lot of Arimidex I have had extreme muscle aching. I assume this is my reaction from getting E2 too low.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
One thing that is important that has not been mentioned....... Is the pill a 50mg pill or 100mg?

If you are splitting your 150/wk into 2 - 75mg injections I don't think you would need much if any. The only way to know for sure it to get labs done which is what I would recommend.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is very much up to the individual. 150 can be different for each of us and it also would make a big difference if it was all at once or split up. Also, what one e2 level might bother one person, may not bother another. I personally would not just start taking an AI without feeling like I did, matched with seeing the numbers.

hcontreras68

hcontreras68

Awards
One thing that is important that has not been mentioned....... Is the pill a 50mg pill or 100mg? If you are splitting your 150/wk into 2 - 75mg injections I don't think you would need much if any. The only way to know for sure it to get labs done which is what I would recommend.
1mg pills are pretty standard I thought.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
1mg pills are pretty standard I thought.
Name brand Arimidex I agree only comes in 1 mg pills but anastrozole (non-branded Adex) from a compounding pharmacy could have different dosing per pill so I thought it a revelant question as its seems common to refer to any "brand" of anastrozole as Arimedex.

emantest

emantest

Awards
It is very much up to the individual. 150 can be different for each of us and it also would make a big difference if it was all at once or split up. Also, what one e2 level might bother one person, may not bother another. I personally would not just start taking an AI without feeling like I did, matched with seeing the numbers.
Agreed. Get labs to confirm where your e2 levels are. Also it sounds like your being proactive with dosing the AI and you may just need it as needed when sides arise. I only use as needed if aggression picks up or my nips start itching. I'm on blast right now so I'll usually take 1/2 tab arimidex as needed. Are you pinning once per week? My coach cut my sodium way back because I have hypertension so I only use mrs dash for seasoning, has helped immensely with water retention.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
Hormone Panel for Females ......... $62.99 ........ less 15% discount = $53.55

My favorite test follows, because I have high SHBG....
Hormone Panel with F&T Testosterone & SHBG ......... $152.99 ...... less 15% discount = $130.05

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
It all depends like some one already said, I take 2-3 whole pills a week...