Normal T, low Free T, High SHBG - TRT or not?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Quote Originally Posted by mcs5309 View Post
    Sorry, the FBG was 91 and spiked to 121. Not too bad, I thought, but then the natural sugar content is very low, around 15g I would say.

Tell me more about caber and dostinex; hate adding more drugs, not familiar with either.
    Not that bad.
    Caber reduces prolactin something that gets elevated with the use of deca, npp, tren. If you going to do deca I'd say caber is a must. No sides to speak of, easy on the liver very good drug. Dosage is 1mg every 7 days. My favorite drug I;d say, got my friend on it and he swears by it now when it comes to his sex drive.
    Btw, it also rises sex drive taken on it's own without anything else.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Not that bad.
    Caber reduces prolactin something that gets elevated with the use of deca, npp, tren. If you going to do deca I'd say caber is a must. No sides to speak of, easy on the liver very good drug. Dosage is 1mg every 7 days. My favorite drug I;d say, got my friend on it and he swears by it now when it comes to his sex drive.
    Btw, it also rises sex drive taken on it's own without anything else.
    Good to learn something new, thanks.

What are your thoughts on stevia? I use it as an alternative to synthetic sweeteners. The studies show that it actually increases insulin sensitivity and doesn't provoke an insulin spike.

This is interesting: [tiredthyroid.com/insulin-resistance.html]. I wonder if it's true.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Good to learn something new, thanks.

What are your thoughts on stevia? I use it as an alternative to synthetic sweeteners. The studies show that it actually increases insulin sensitivity and doesn't provoke an insulin spike.

This is interesting: [tiredthyroid.com/insulin-resistance.html]. I wonder if it's true.
    Glad to help.
    Stevia is a great alternative to sugar. I dont necessarely use a ton of it but I do use when I need something to be sweeten.
    As for the link, I have mentioned it earlier that too much T3 is not good and it has it's own problems. It is true. That's why anything you may do needs to be cycled or if used as a replacement course be within range.
    What's interesting insulin resistance is a natural phenomenon the body uses when faced with different life situation...like too much or too little food. Trick is to use it in accordance to your needs.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

Glad to help.
    Stevia is a great alternative to sugar. I dont necessarely use a ton of it but I do use when I need something to be sweeten.
    As for the link, I have mentioned it earlier that too much T3 is not good and it has it's own problems. It is true. That's why anything you may do needs to be cycled or if used as a replacement course be within range.
    What's interesting insulin resistance is a natural phenomenon the body uses when faced with different life situation...like too much or too little food. Trick is to use it in accordance to your needs.
    Interesting glucose control supp I just happened on. Wonder about the soy though in terms of estrogens:
    metagenics.com/mp/products/glucorest

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11516639
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

Interesting glucose control supp I just happened on. Wonder about the soy though in terms of estrogens:
    metagenics.com/mp/products/glucorest

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11516639
    Soy will increase estrogens no doubt about it.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

Soy will increase estrogens no doubt about it.
    The take home message from this new study says it all: "... a low FT level is a significant predictor of a risk for loss of appendicular muscle. "
    nature.com/srep/2013/1305...srep01818.html

But what would be the case if you have a normal or high TT and your FT is low, but SHBG is low normal?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%

The take home message from this new study says it all: "... a low FT level is a significant predictor of a risk for loss of appendicular muscle. "
    nature.com/srep/2013/1305...srep01818.html

But what would be the case if you have a normal or high TT and your FT is low, but SHBG is low normal?
    Some gets converted to estrogen. I have to look it up there is a entire cascade of hormones that follows a particular path and if it doesnt work right testosterone gets used for other things. Testosterone is not only used for muscle repair. I will look it up hopefully I find it.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.92%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Need.to address.other issues first before doing methylation. Why protocols back fire.
    Just curious if you've ever heard that mannitol/sugar alcohols should not be consumed by a person with a MTHFR defect. The reason I ask: Mannitol is commonly used as a filler in the majority of rhGH and peptide products.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help! Blood work , high E2, low free T
    By mrXYZD in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:59 AM
  2. Bloodwork: low test overall, high free test %. Confused.
    By jarhead in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
  3. High Free Test, high Estrogen and SHBG...odd?
    By rickrad in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM
  4. 37 with High SHBG- Low Total Free T
    By tiporp in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
  5. Please Advise Needed on high T low Free T
    By zap427 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:32 PM