Bloodwork Results - A little confused

ronnymex

Awards
Hey guys, I'll try and keep this as brief as I can while including at the relevant info.

I'm 38 and for the last few years I've had all the classic "low t" symptoms. Told my doctor, got bloodwork done for thyroid, he said it was fine. Get more sleep is the advice given.

Fast forward to this summer, was sick of the no libido thing, had trouble losing weight this past year so went to an anti-aging clinic and got more bloodwork done this time with testosterone .

8/2012

Test Serum - 320
Range 348-1197

Free Test - 4.2
Range 5 - 21

LH - 2.5
Range 1.7 - 8.6

FSH - 2.4
Range 1.5 - 12.4

So I was clearly out of range on testosterone, and agree to administer test myself with injections .

50mg Test E - 2X a week
250iu HCG - 3X a week
.25 Adex - 3X a week

Results: Feel great, libido is back, amazing social change (much more confident and funny like I used to be)

New bloodwork

10/2012
Test Serum - 910
Range 348-1197

Free Test - 22
Range 5-21

Estradiol Sensitive - 10
Range 3-70

Now here's the part that worries me (because my doctor told me it was fine this summer):

TSH - 6.49
Range .45 - 4.5

T4 - 7.2
Range 4.5 - 12

T3 uptake - 32
Range 24-39

Free T4 - 2.3
Range 1.2-4.9

Can anyone help me interpret these results? I think it might be time to get a new doctor...

Thanks in advance for reading this and any replies!

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
First off, that E2 sensitive test is worthless. You want the cheaper one that has the RANGE of (7.6 - 42.6). A number of 10 on that test
would normally mean that you are really near the high 20's (which is good).

Next, HCG, works like TSH, although it does not show up as TSH on a blood test. So HCG is stimulating your thyroid, which
makes your FT4 level (current thyroid output) really even worse than the test shows. I would have TSH, FT3, FT4, Thyroid antibodies, Vitamin D, and IRON panel blood tests done. So many ppl with low Thyroid output have LOW Vitamin D.

I wish I had those FT numbers.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now here's the part that worries me (because my doctor told me it was fine this summer):
he told you it was fine, so go get the #s from them and compare.

rfarns01

Awards
First off, that E2 sensitive test is worthless. You want the cheaper one that has the RANGE of (7.6 - 42.6). A number of 10 on that test
would normally mean that you are really near the high 20's (which is good).

Next, HCG, works like TSH, although it does not show up as TSH on a blood test. So HCG is stimulating your thyroid, which
makes your FT4 level (current thyroid output) really even worse than the test shows. I would have TSH, FT3, FT4, Thyroid antibodies, Vitamin D, and IRON panel blood tests done. So many ppl with low Thyroid output have LOW Vitamin D.

I wish I had those FT numbers.
I find it funny in this forum we support the labcorp E2 test of 7.6 to 42. Another forum I am on are totally against that test and point everyone to the sensitive test. But I agree with you the sensitive test gives false results.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Forget the hormones. I be more concerned with thyroid imbalances which may be caused by low adrenal function.
Thyroid testing is in accurate need Free levels. Suggest kicking dr to curb get a new one.

vassille

Awards
High TSH means that your pituitary senses a low thyroid function and wants the thyroid to increase production. Low testosterone seems to be a common issue with people with hypothyrodism. Get it looked up by someone who know what they are doing.