Feedback on Bloodwork_2 Months on Testopel

lboston

lboston

Awards
Gents-

I'm looking for some feedback on this latest set of labs I got back from a urologist I went and saw. This was taken almost right at the 2 month mark of being on 12 testopel pellets (which I will NOT do again).

Lab used was Labcorp. Ranges are located in the parenthesis.

Test, Serum 450 ng/dl (348-1197)

% Free Test 1.9 (1.5-3.2)

Free Test, Serum 86 pg/ml (52-280)

LH 0.1 mIU/mL LOW (1.7-8.6)

FSH <0.2 mIU/mL LOW (1.5-12.4)

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) 14 ng/dl LOW (30-85)

DHEA-Sulfate 211 ug/dL (160-449)

TSH 1.840 uIU/mL (0.450-4.50)

Prolactin 7.3 ng/mL (4-15.2)

Estradiol 11.3 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)

Androstendione LCMS 46 ng/dl (44-186)

Albumin, Serum 4.9 g/dL (3.5-5.5)

Hematocrit 48.0 % (37.5-51.0)

SHBG 12.6 nmol/L LOW (16.5-55.9)

Any input and advice is appreciated. I am not impressed at all by the pellets. The doc that ordered these labs is NOT the same doc I saw that recommended and placed the pellets. This is a doctor who wants to allow the pellets to fully dissolve and then start treating using Clomid.
I just saw my GP today and showed him these labs and he agreed to let me do injections of test Cyp @ 100mg/ week at home. Going to do that and see how it feels. I was on injections before the pellets. Liked the way I felt on injections, but the doc recommended pellets.
I did feel good on the pellets, but only for about the first month and a half--then energy, mood, etc began declining.

Looking for any apparent concerns....Thanks.

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
450 seems low, I was 400 and I'm 44 so I think you made the right choice. I'm on doctor prescribed Test cyp 200mg per week for about a week now and I already notice good changes. I'll say this, there is no replacement for injections, I think pellets, test boosters, gels and patches are useless after a while....IMO. Eat clean, drink plenty of water and get good sleep and you'll be happy. I might even go down to 100mg like yourself as the test cyp came on pretty quick.

lboston

lboston

Awards
450 seems low, I was 400 and I'm 44 so I think you made the right choice. I'm on doctor prescribed Test cyp 200mg per week for about a week now and I already notice good changes. I'll say this, there is no replacement for injections, I think pellets, test boosters, gels and patches are useless after a while....IMO. Eat clean, drink plenty of water and get good sleep and you'll be happy. I might even go down to 100mg like yourself as the test cyp came on pretty quick.
Thanks. I was VERY disappointed with the pellets. Only getting to 450 total T with 12 pellets is ridiculous. Not to mention the cost. I started the TRT journey with t levels of 172 ng/dl....something was needed!

dondon

dondon

Awards
  • Established
A doctor tried to convince me about using the pellets, after hearing how they are put in etc, I said...why even bother? whats the advantage? He said it would release slowly with better consistency. I wasn't sold on it, and after seeing everyone's posts about pellets not working and the literal pain in the A** it is to put them in, I never gave it much thought after...test injections for me.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Matrix-

Hoping you'd chime in on this. Should I be concerned by the low SHBG numbers?

Anything you see that you could shed some light on?

Went back to T injections as of Saturday. No more pellets for me...

DGeez

Awards
That seems on the low side for your test levels...free and total. If I'm doing TRT, bet I will at least be average! Test C at 140wk seems to be great for me. My SHBG is low as well. I'm looking forward to Matrix's response.

lboston

lboston

Awards
That seems on the low side for your test levels...free and total. If I'm doing TRT, bet I will at least be average! Test C at 140wk seems to be great for me. My SHBG is low as well. I'm looking forward to Matrix's response.
I don't really get why'd it be so low...hoping matrix slaps some knowledge on it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I don't really get why'd it be so low...hoping matrix slaps some knowledge on it.
Low shbg is usual insulin related issues. Pellets work for some.others they are a pain in the ass literally. Unless i had total health and.medical history it be difficult to know where to begin.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Low shbg is usual insulin related issues. Pellets work for some.others they are a pain in the ass literally. Unless i had total health and.medical history it be difficult to know where to begin.
Thanks-
What sort of labs would be done to look at those insulin related issues you mentioned?