am vs. pm blood test

  1. New Member
    Independent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    8489
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    21.55%

    am vs. pm blood test


    What should the difference be for total testosterone? I tested in the am at 540ng/nl and tested around 2pm at 288ng/nl. These test were done on different days. I know you peak in the morning but should the drop be that great?

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    What should the difference be for total testosterone? I tested in the am at 540ng/nl and tested around 2pm at 288ng/nl. These test were done on different days. I know you peak in the morning but should the drop be that great?
    Testosterone alters during the day time, there could be several reason why this happens..If the body is stressed then it may drop and divert enzymatic pathways to cortisol vs testosterone, This is why proper evaluation of the patient or client is crucial to know why this may be occuring.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Independent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    8489
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    21.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Testosterone alters during the day time, there could be several reason why this happens..If the body is stressed then it may drop and divert enzymatic pathways to cortisol vs testosterone, This is why proper evaluation of the patient or client is crucial to know why this may be occuring.
    Thank you Matrix.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,675
    Rep Power
    64119
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Independent View Post
    What should the difference be for total testosterone? I tested in the am at 540ng/nl and tested around 2pm at 288ng/nl. These test were done on different days. I know you peak in the morning but should the drop be that great?
    We found that getting blood work done on 1 day of the month really is rather insignificant and not a true indicator of your "monthly total." As the tests can depend on NUMEROUS variables, stress, excitement, depression, hearing good news, bad news, anxiety etc etc....

    After researching several research studies, we finally conducted a series of questions and body images for people to answer and choose from that accurately will score your Testosterone levels.

    Given you are compltely honest in answering questions and do not choose inaccurate body images representing yourself, we have seen people use our AndroSTAT program and feedback has been "almost" dead on.

    To test the AndroSTAT, we had our beta testers get actual blood work drawn and got their values on paper. Then we had the beta testers take the AndroSTAT test and answer everything accurately, and the difference between AndroSTAT results and their blood draw results were in most cases within 10-70 ng/dL give or take.

    Not too shabby for a community accessible online tool --- The AndroSTAT

    -
    Matt
  5. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Matt,
    Please provide before blood work and post blood work using these methods I would be curious to see it and what parameters are measured.
    Again it depends on what is affecting the testosterone in the first place. This is where detailed client or patient history is crucial to isolate where the imbalances may lie. It great to boost your testosterone by using Androstat principle if you are looking for muscle building effects. In majority people I deal with along with Dr's are just looking for a better quality of life. People are looking for a sustained response not a temporary boost as a bodybuilder would. If a person who is not well adrenals are shot then one give them a testosterone boost the person could be in serious trouble. I have seen boosting testosterone in sick individuals which resulting in an adrenal crisis which is life threatening. The message is one needs to aware of the situation in people who are very ill and in a delicate state of health. Shifting to much of one thing can cause a horrible and sometimes life threatening chain reaction (I have experienced almost stopping breathing due to wrong cortisol medication). People just need to be aware of the potential dangerous tinkering with human chemistry especially hormone, adrenal and thyroid. When you have sat on both sides of the desk, then you know the reprocussions first hand.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,675
    Rep Power
    64119
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    67.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Matt,
    Please provide before blood work and post blood work using these methods I would be curious to see it and what parameters are measured.
    Again it depends on what is affecting the testosterone in the first place. This is where detailed client or patient history is crucial to isolate where the imbalances may lie. It great to boost your testosterone by using Androstat principle if you are looking for muscle building effects. In majority people I deal with along with Dr's are just looking for a better quality of life. People are looking for a sustained response not a temporary boost as a bodybuilder would. If a person who is not well adrenals are shot then one give them a testosterone boost the person could be in serious trouble. I have seen boosting testosterone in sick individuals which resulting in an adrenal crisis which is life threatening. The message is one needs to aware of the situation in people who are very ill and in a delicate state of health. Shifting to much of one thing can cause a horrible and sometimes life threatening chain reaction (I have experienced almost stopping breathing due to wrong cortisol medication). People just need to be aware of the potential dangerous tinkering with human chemistry especially hormone, adrenal and thyroid. When you have sat on both sides of the desk, then you know the reprocussions first hand.
    Matrix

    What exactly are you asking? I was simply agreeing with you in terms of testosterone blood draws will differ depending on time of day and variables people could be facing. I was just saying that a more accurate testosterone measurement would be something of a "monthly total" so you would have more of an average....

    AndroSTAT is essentially that.

    I agree that depending on the persons condition high amounts of endogenous hormones may NOT be in their best interests depending on the state of health.

    -Matt
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Blood test results total free test 277
    By elgenyo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
  2. Help me understand my blood test results - Low Test and Low Prolactin
    By jami20 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
  3. Advice pleaes test well below my last blood test range
    By mackmang in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
  4. Help with blood test (high estradiol, normal test)
    By diablosho in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in