Blood Test how Often and what should be looked at.

KzReklaw

Awards
Hey guys new to the forum and about to run my first cycle. My question is how often should I get blood work and what exactly do I want on my panel. I ordered a test from let’s get checked this particular one test for test, globulin, prolactin, estradiol, free androgen index, and cortisol. Is that all I need and if so how many times should I check during cycle. I have already taken this test pre cycle to see my baseline. Thanks in advanced and if there’s already a thread on this I didn’t see I apologize just link me to it.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey guys new to the forum and about to run my first cycle. My question is how often should I get blood work and what exactly do I want on my panel. I ordered a test from let’s get checked this particular one test for test, globulin, prolactin, estradiol, free androgen index, and cortisol. Is that all I need and if so how many times should I check during cycle. I have already taken this test pre cycle to see my baseline. Thanks in advanced and if there’s already a thread on this I didn’t see I apologize just link me to it.
4 weeks in is a good first one. The next will depend on length of cycle. Btw good job on getting them done already to get baseline. You'd be surprised on how many guys don't

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How much $ for that panel? I’m shopping around

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The most important (in my opinion) is always pre cycle blood work. This is what determines whether or not you should even run a cycle. Always want to make sure your numbers are good going in.

As far as additional blood work, it really depends on the length of the cycle, what you're running, etc. One person might run a 16 week cycle of test and EQ, while another person might end up only running a 3 week cycle of sdrol. So, mid blood work really depends. At this point, if I'm doing a 12 week cycle of 400 test and I finish it with a 3 week finisher, I usually don't even do mid cycle blood work. I am not saying you shouldn't... but I usually don't. The next time I get blood work done is post PCT. Some people do it immediately post cycle but I usually wait until 2 or 3 weeks after my PCT to check recovery.

So, personally I'm not perfect when it comes to blood work. However, the one consistent is that I have always gotten blood work done prior to starting a cycle.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like @Stacks1 said the before and after are gonna be most important. The mid cycle one is good to see how your body is reacting to what your on. For example if you're taking anadrol your gonna want to check your lipids and liver values. But sconce your first cycle is gonna be test only your gonna want to see how much your estro is at so you can find your upper limit dose before having to deploy a serm or ai

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Like @Stacks1 said the before and after are gonna be most important. The mid cycle one is good to see how your body is reacting to what your on. For example if you're taking anadrol your gonna want to check your lipids and liver values. But sconce your first cycle is gonna be test only your gonna want to see how much your estro is at so you can find your upper limit dose before having to deploy a serm or ai
Yes! I know I said I sometimes skip mid cycle bloods but that is mostly because I'm running fairly modest doses and compounds that I've already ran before. Since you're new to this OP, you should get mid cycle bloods when you're running new cycles and compounds. It'll not only help you with balancing your estrogen, prolactin, etc but it'll give you an idea how a compound might impact your lipids or how toxic one might be to your liver, etc. And depending on the impact, it might change how you think of running that compound the next time around.

KzReklaw

Awards
Yeah I plan on just test e starting at 250mg a week 12-16 weeks haven’t decided yet and I got some dbol but just holding onto it seeing how I do on test and if I handle it really well was thinking maybe throwing it in at some point but I’m undecided. Also stocked up on plenty of aromasin and nolvadex. The only thing I didn’t get was hcg im hoping I can pct fine without it.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good first cycle👍 not a fan of dbol but if your set on trying it then throwing it in around week 12 is good. By then you'll know how your body reacts to test and you'll be able to see how you react to dbol with end of cycle bloods

KzReklaw

Awards
Good first cycle👍 not a fan of dbol but if your set on trying it then throwing it in around week 12 is good. By then you'll know how your body reacts to test and you'll be able to see how you react to dbol with end of cycle bloods
Yeah not totally sure I’ll use the dbol this cycle as it’s my first cycle and I’m still not 100% sure how to handle the estrogenic side effects from it. My first run might just be a test only cycle. But it’s there if I feel good and wanna push the envelope. I’m 28 good shape been in the gym for last 10 years decent diet I’ve just hit that wall it feels like where I can’t get any bigger natty. Dbol would be nice to pack on some size fast.