Help me evaluate blood panel..20 and I need some guidance!

Viper Six

Awards
First a background (20 years old, 6'2" 165lbs)

At 12 years old I noticed I had a varicocele in my left testicle. I was embarrassed about this, I never told anyone until I was 16 when it was confirmed. At 13 years old I developed gynecomastia. I was told repeatedly it would disappear, and it did NOT disappear even to this day.

Fast-forward to 16 years, I was concerned that this varicocele had something to do with an apparent hormonal imbalance. I had defied genetics and grew to 6'2". I had very little muscle mass, yet I still had gone through puberty. (pubic hair and such). I decided to ask my doctor at 16 for a testosterone and estradiol test. Test came up at 330, and Estradiol came up at 42. Doc said I was alright and had nothing at all to worry about.

Fast forward to 20 years old. Still have varicocele and gynecomastia. I have gained weight, and consider myself fairly strong...though have had VERY slow gym progress despite proper training. I have weak erections, sore joints, and occasionally feel very fatigued throughout the day. I bloat easily I begun to do research again and my varicocele and have noticed a STRONG correlation with hormonal abnormalities and varicocele. I am specifically worried that having the varicocele pre-puberty screwed me up big time.

I decided to go forth and get my blood tested, and get checked up on for my varicocele. My varicocele is fairly minor, though it can be see without touching it. Doctors said it can not have affected hormone levels, and they refuse to operate due to discomfort. I am going to another urologist for a second opinion. As for the BLOOD TESTS, I am quite surprised at the results considering my symptoms.

Testosterone Total- 818 (>250)

PROLACTIN 14 2-18 ng/mL

LH 5.7 1.0-12.0 mIU/mL

FSH- 3.0 (1-12 MiU/ML)

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 66 37-117 U/L

ALT 22 <36- U/L

CREATININE 0.92 <1.34- mg/dL

GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE - NONAFRICAN AMERICAN >60 >60- mL/min

GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE - AFRICAN AMERICAN >60 >60- mL/min

COMMENT, GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE SEE NOTE

GLUCOSE, FASTING 102 60-99 mg/dL

CHOLESTEROL 124 <239- mg/dL

TRIGLYCERIDE 77 <199- mg/dL

HDL 36 >40- mg/dL

LDL CALCULATED 73 <129- mg/dL

LDL, GOAL <130 DESIRED

POTASSIUM 4.2 3.5-5.3 mEq/L

SODIUM 143 133-145 mEq/L

WBC COUNT 6.1 3.5-12.5 K/uL

RED BLOOD CELLS COUNT 4.91 4.10-5.70 M/uL

HGB 15.2 13.0-17.0 g/dL

HEMATOCRIT 44.7 39.0-51.0 %

MCV 91 80-100 fL

RDW, RBC 12.7 11.9-14.3 %

PLATELET COUNT 186 140-400 K/uL

NEUTROPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT 38 41-79 %

LYMPHOCYTES %, AUTOMATED COUNT 53 13-44 %

MONOS %, AUTO 7 5-14 %

EOSINOPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT 2 0-6 %

BASOPHILS %, AUTOMATED COUNT 0 0-2 %

NEUTROPHILS, ABSOLUTE, AUTOMATED COUNT 2.3 2.1-7.4 K/uL

What are my results telling me? My doctor refused to test FREE TESTOSTERONE. HE said the importance of this test is wildly overblown and an internet thing. I obviously have high total testosterone, well, normal testosterone for someone my age. What should my course of action be? Should I ask to have my Free T checked? SHBG? What do i need to have tested to make sure I am being looked at from ALL angles. Am I over-reacting? The only symptoms I told my doctor was lower libido then what I feel is normal.

Please help me in my journey to health.

Thank you for anything.

NOTE: Health is one of my interests. I eat very healthy for somebody my age, and am constantly researching to optimize my health.

Thanks again, sorry for the length.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a problem with your labs now today but your older labs showed your Estradiol levels on the high side and your having gynecomastia. I feel it's still to high as for your Total T it's good but if your SHBG is high with high Estradiol this will bind up your Total T and you can end up with low Free T. Listen Free T is only 1 - 2 % of all the T in your body and if it's all bound up it's high but not working.

Your Dr. is not very good at this like most Dr.'s I can't for the life of me understand why a Dr. will not just say I don't know. Telling your Free T is not wildly overblown he is.

You can tell if your Estradiol levels are to high with out labs men will have sore and hard nipples, loss of night time and morning wood, Hot Flash's and sweat easy, Hold water and look red on the upper parts of there body and face. And have brain fog with feelings of Anxiety or Panic.

If you have this get some Indolplex/DIM it's a supplement that lowers or converts estraidol into good E's so your liver can wash them out. Take one tablet at dinner time and give it a few week see if you start to feel better and if you get night time and morning wood back.

Please don't buy some cheap junk DIM and post back to me it dose not work. This brand works.
http://www.iherb.com/Enzymatic-Therapy-Pure-Rip-with-DIM-60-Tablets/12814?at=0

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I see major issue
1. low cholesterol
2. No thyroid parameters
3. Potential adrenal imbalance
4. Potential malabsorption issue
5. Low mitochondriol function
6. High e2, but need to know shbg in order to determine
7. Low vitamin D levels.

Again I can go on and one.
Suggestion I suggest getting a medical professional in your area. If you are in the north east USA I be glad to make some recommendations. If not I have other colleagues around the united states