Adrenal Fatigue, Hypothyroid symptoms/problems... help?

billytk03z

Awards
I am a 35 yr old male who has been dealing with major fatigue and mild depression problems for approximately the last 3-4years and now most disturbingly recently (within last 4 months) I am now experiencing Hypoglycemia...

My quick, condensed back history is like this... I have always been a big work out fanatic, always finding something to do in the gym everyday. I always ate healthy (i believe almost too healthy). I used caffeine and ephedra regularly prior to work outs for the energy boost not for weightloss. I usually got about 5-6 hours of sleep which seemed like enough cuz I was always filled with abundant energy. Then out of the blue back in Dec, 2005 something peculiar happened to me... I went to the gym to get a work out and I popped my usual ephedra and black coffee combo but i felt no effect.. Infact, I never got any more incredible, unlimited energy rush again from the ephedra/caffeine combo.. Also, I started to notice a decline in natural energy and mood which slowly progressed to get worse and worse over the years. I also started to have a hard time sleeping through a complete night.... fast forward to now.... Im always fatigued, irritable, sleepy, I get tired after eating any kind of meal, my libido is low (although still able to perform), started shedding alot of hair within the last 3 months (not mpb according to dermatologist), and the list goes on... basically I have all the adrenal fatigue symptoms and most of the hypothyroid symptoms.... Anyway, I knew something good wasnt going on within my body so I started getting blood work done and seeing various docs who always said I was fine even though I knew I was internally slowly falling apart... about 3 years ago I had an adrenal saliva test from NeuroScience which showed the following=
8am-7.3 (7-10)
noon- 3.4 (3.0-6.0)
6pm- 9.6 (2.0-4.0)
10:30pm- 2.7 (0-1)

My most recent blood work from LabCorp, Nov. 09 shows-
test (serum)- 475 (241-827)
test (free)- 9.8 (8.7-25.1)
LH- 6.0 (1.5-9.3)
FSH- 5.0 (1.4-18.1)
Estradiol- 21 (0-53)
dheas- 187 (120-520)
dhea- 539 (146-850) ..... was supplementing with 25mg dhea prior to test
progesterone- 0.5 (0.3-1.2)
prolactin- 6.6 (2.1-17.7)
TSH- 2.350
8AM cortisol (blood)- 14.7 (4.3-22.4).... according to the book "safe uses of cortisol" the AM cortisol should be in the upper 20's/low30's...

*** past blood test over the past years revealed the following-
- fluctuating TSH levels between 1.0 - 2.350 (last tsh test was highest ever)
- T4 and T3 always seem to be in middle of ref ranges
- fluctuating high and low E2 (estrogen)
- IGF-1 is low 154 (115-307) from lab corps
- low vit d/ vit d3 levels

I recently started taking 25mg of HC (generic HC called hisone).
7am- 10mg
11am-10mg
3pm- 5mg
***sometimes another 5mg around 6-7pm if physically active during that time.

-I have been taking HC now for the past 9 days and I have not felt any difference as of yet....
-I am constantly getting tired/sleepy after eating meals
-I get hypoglycemic after drinking anything with caffeine (especially coffee)
-If i dont get tired after eating I get hypoglycemic.

I have taken my temperature about 4 to 6 times a day for the past 5 days and I am averaging 97.3 temperature with low 96's upon wakening and low 97's afternoon and high 97's in evening......

I started taking lugols solution (5%) iodine/iodide, vit c, b, d3, and e... Zinc, tyrosine, licorice root, adrenal cortex, magnesium, pregenolone, dhea (thinking about adding progesterone)....

Im lost and I need help... something is definately wrong.....

spinn

Awards
  • Established
When you take stimulants, your body senses that it has enough energy so it stops producing its own energy. When the stimulant runs out you then have no energy reserves and crash. Most then take more stimulants which makes the problem worse. If you havent already, you should stop taking caffeine/ephedra, it is suppressing your adrenal glands. You should probably ween off of them.

billytk03z

Awards
When you take stimulants, your body senses that it has enough energy so it stops producing its own energy. When the stimulant runs out you then have no energy reserves and crash. Most then take more stimulants which makes the problem worse. If you havent already, you should stop taking caffeine/ephedra, it is suppressing your adrenal glands. You should probably ween off of them.
I stopped using all stims back in 2006 after I got no positive effects and my condition started to worsen... to be clear, I have been off all "stims" for the past 3 years... and my condition continues to worsen...

Philec48

Awards
  • Established
You mentioned low Vit D-3. Are you supplementing? You may need to take 8-12k iu D-3 each day to get within a good range.