Dragon93 get his hands on LG's new EPIC Preworkout

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I got this bottle that looks like a bottle of oil in the mail from LG Sciences. It is the new EPIC Pre Workout supplement.
P10-02-12_19-28.jpg
P10-02-12_19-28[1].jpg
P10-02-12_19-29.jpg

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
My Gym
P09-24-12_17-28.jpg

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Something tells me this isn't a joke.

It's better then nothing I guess haha!
Yah no joke. Hit on some hard times. The company I worked for went under. So now got no money for a gym. Bought a tower 200 at kmart for 25. Had to set it up outside because I'm living in a camper. Had an interview yesterday so hope to be back to work soon and into a real gym.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
good luck my friend i hope you can get to the poles and vote in a prez who gives a **** about you and can LEAd us back to a strong economy.
i feel your pain.. i used to live in a house on river front with a wet bar in the basement and a pool out back ... when the economy colapsed i was forced to move from my home 3 states away to eek out a little money and feed my family. i now live in an apt. and am very thankfull i have work.
i wish you the very best and think there is nothing wrong with your training set up.. in fact its awesome! you got more than some people and im sure you will score that job my brother! now get to training hard with that EPIC

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
good luck my friend i hope you can get to the poles and vote in a prez who gives a **** about you and can LEAd us back to a strong economy.
i feel your pain.. i used to live in a house on river front with a wet bar in the basement and a pool out back ... when the economy colapsed i was forced to move from my home 3 states away to eek out a little money and feed my family. i now live in an apt. and am very thankfull i have work.
i wish you the very best and think there is nothing wrong with your training set up.. in fact its awesome! you got more than some people and im sure you will score that job my brother! now get to training hard with that EPIC
AMEN bro - We need to get a good president in the white house. Honestly, we need to dig Washington, Lincoln, and Regan up, take their DNA and "create" a president that will actually care about the best damn country in the world and make the world fear us once again. Just my opinion.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
AMEN bro - We need to get a good president in the white house. Honestly, we need to dig Washington, Lincoln, and Regan up, take their DNA and "create" a president that will actually care about the best damn country in the world and make the world fear us once again. Just my opinion.
reps for life.. welcome to my brotherhood!

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
reps for life.. welcome to my brotherhood!
Thanks bro - I'm a Navy veteran, been out for 10 years but I see where this country is going and I do not like it at all.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my grandfather was a navyman and faught in wwII i ~s~ u sir.. ty for your service to our country.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Ripper, I tried to PM you this question but I'll just ask it, I'm asking company reps the same question

As a company rep, when someone logs your company's product, it is your "duty" as a rep to provide support not limited to answering questions about the product they are logging and just being there for the logger, correct??

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
pms cleared guys sorry.. every time aj send me a message he send two :09:

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ripper, I tried to PM you this question but I'll just ask it, I'm asking company reps the same question

As a company rep, when someone logs your company's product, it is your "duty" as a rep to provide support not limited to answering questions about the product they are logging and just being there for the logger, correct??
i would say its not a written duty but myself personally i like to see to it to help in any way i can. you will often see me recomend other company products and even compare like products for given goals.. at LG we are currently trying to go through a reboot of sorts.. and i can promise you that while i am here i will make sure all our reps do their very best to help were they can and give strait forward HONEST answers to the very best of our abilities.

ripp~

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
i would say its not a written duty but myself personally i like to see to it to help in any way i can. you will often see me recomend other company products and even compare like products for given goals.. at LG we are currently trying to go through a reboot of sorts.. and i can promise you that while i am here i will make sure all our reps do their very best to help were they can and give strait forward HONEST answers to the very best of our abilities.

ripp~
Cool man.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Ok day one with Epic. I did the 2 dose the insane way. It doesn't take long at all to kick in. Taste not bad. I thought the Stim isn't as strong at AS-GT. Which anyone that has read my old logs will know I love. Thats what made me want to try this new preworkout. Epic made for a nice intense workout. If you are looking to push an extra few reps out then this is the preworkout for you. It is too early to tell if it will replace my AS-GT. This would work great stacked with a prohormone. Makes wish I had the money for some. I need to hurry up and get back to work. Put together a LG stack and scare the hell out of the locals at the gym.
Todays workout was a Chest, back, and arms.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Just got done a great workout. I did legs, shoulders, and abs. Epic really help push out the extra reps. I love it.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Workout today was killer. Pump was unreal. I did a 45 min chest, back, and arm workout. After all the sets was done I didn't want to stop. It felt like I was just getting warmed up. Can't wait until I can stack this with a prohormone.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Workout today was killer. Pump was unreal. I did a 45 min chest, back, and arm workout. After all the sets was done I didn't want to stop. It felt like I was just getting warmed up. Can't wait until I can stack this with a prohormone.
Awesome man, I love that feeling - not wanting to leave the gym

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man, I love that feeling - not wanting to leave the gym
Yah this makes you want to keep going. I even did all workouts in supersets. Hitting the same muscle from 2 different angles on each set.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Yah this makes you want to keep going. I even did all workouts in supersets. Hitting the same muscle from 2 different angles on each set.
Hell yea man, love doing supersets..especially doing a bi/tri superset. Makes me feel like my arms are as big as Hulk Hogan's...with the 24 inch pythons running wild on you...BROTHER!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you guys want to get your chest to pop try what I call my "Inferno routine". Take 45-50% of your 1RM on flat bench. Use a neutral/ normal grip and do 5 reps at a 3,1,2 pace. Rack it, re-grip with narrow grip, do 5 more reps at same 312 pace. Rack it again then go as wide as you can (and still get the bar off the rack unassisted) and do 5 more reps at same pace. The only rest is long enough to change grip. Do this for 7 sets and see how that feels!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I will have to try that sometime.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That label says it taste like candy, wait 60 seconds you've been warned...

How does it taste? Lots of energy?

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
In!

EPIC is one of the rare pre workout mixes that actually make me feel good. Love it! Im almost out too...weh.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
If you guys want to get your chest to pop try what I call my "Inferno routine". Take 45-50% of your 1RM on flat bench. Use a neutral/ normal grip and do 5 reps at a 3,1,2 pace. Rack it, re-grip with narrow grip, do 5 more reps at same 312 pace. Rack it again then go as wide as you can (and still get the bar off the rack unassisted) and do 5 more reps at same pace. The only rest is long enough to change grip. Do this for 7 sets and see how that feels!
Wow, Luke - that sounds like a hell of a bench workout!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That label says it taste like candy, wait 60 seconds you've been warned...

How does it taste? Lots of energy?
Not really like candy to me but not too far off. It's not a heroin needle in the forehead with a stamp on the tongue kind of energy but it's a good fast hitting, long lasting steady energy for me.

Wow, Luke - that sounds like a hell of a bench workout!
Try it and you'll see why I call it Inferno! Lol! I like to throw that in every so often to just punish myself.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I agree with luke. Its not realy like candy. You don't really want to sit there and drink the bottle. With that said the taste isn't bad at all. It hits real fast. The stim I think is more mild than ASGT, but it is long lasting.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Just got done my leg, shoulder, and ab workout. This stuff really makes me push. Which got me thinking I might want to change from a 2 day split to a 3 day split to prevent overtraining since I'm not using anything to give me an anabolic advantage to speed up recovery. What do you guys think?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just got done my leg, shoulder, and ab workout. This stuff really makes me push. Which got me thinking I might want to change from a 2 day split to a 3 day split to prevent overtraining since I'm not using anything to give me an anabolic advantage to speed up recovery. What do you guys think?
You can usually work out more when you're on.
What's your current split look like?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 is a chest, back, and arms. Day 2 is Legs, shoulders, and abs. Day 3 off then back to day one.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 1 is a chest, back, and arms. Day 2 is Legs, shoulders, and abs. Day 3 off then back to day one.
What exercises & reps/sets?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Day 1
chest superset Press and fly 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
back superset rows and pulldowns 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
arms superset reverse grip pulldowns and reverse grip curls 3 working sets about 10 reps each
arm superset kickbacks and curls 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
Day 2
squats 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
leg extensions 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
leg curl 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
upright rows 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
Military press 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
front raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
side raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
bent over rear raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
seated weighted crunch 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 1
chest superset Press and fly 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
back superset rows and pulldowns 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
arms superset reverse grip pulldowns and reverse grip curls 3 working sets about 10 reps each
arm superset kickbacks and curls 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
Day 2
squats 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
leg extensions 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
leg curl 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
upright rows 1 warm up 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
Military press 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
front raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
side raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
bent over rear raises 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
seated weighted crunch 3 working sets about 10 reps each last set to fail
Damn. Have you been seeing growth with that?

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
I'm just getting back to working out. I have always pushed myself and had decent growth., but I'm not on the supplements I use to be on. Can't afford them :(

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Answer these questions really quickie pimp

1)How do you feel when you get out of bed?

2)How do you feel during the day?

3)Appetite changes?

4)Still getting stronger / progressing right?

Bro....it TAKES ALOT to get overtrained....are you doing close to 1rm deadlifts and squats 4-7 times a week? If not, you have absolutely nothing to worry about...and I mean absolutely nothing. Basically you will know when your overtrained.....plus its very rare for someone to get overtrained / overreached in their lifetime.

If your not progressing or feeling a bit down, its most likely your macro nutrient intake is not enough, and/or stress. I mean so many other factors will play into this aswell, but in conclusion overtraining isn't something to ever worry about unless your going balls out with potent CNS exercises like deadlifts/squats/power cleans..etc......go ahead and train twice a day, 6-7 times a week brother!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Answer these questions really quickie pimp1)How do you feel when you get out of bed?2)How do you feel during the day?3)Appetite changes?4)Still getting stronger / progressing right?Bro....it TAKES ALOT to get overtrained....are you doing close to 1rm deadlifts and squats 4-7 times a week? If not, you have absolutely nothing to worry about...and I mean absolutely nothing. Basically you will know when your overtrained.....plus its very rare for someone to get overtrained / overreached in their lifetime. If your not progressing or feeling a bit down, its most likely your macro nutrient intake is not enough, and/or stress. I mean so many other factors will play into this aswell, but in conclusion overtraining isn't something to ever worry about unless your going balls out with potent CNS exercises like deadlifts/squats/power cleans..etc......go ahead and train twice a day, 6-7 times a week brother!
The only thing I have really noticed is that sometimes the muscle is still sore when it came time to work it again. I'm more hungry and so far strength is still climbing. When it comes to twice a day workouts I have only done that when on a good prohormone.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Answer these questions really quickie pimp

1)How do you feel when you get out of bed?

2)How do you feel during the day?

3)Appetite changes?

4)Still getting stronger / progressing right?

Bro....it TAKES ALOT to get overtrained....are you doing close to 1rm deadlifts and squats 4-7 times a week? If not, you have absolutely nothing to worry about...and I mean absolutely nothing. Basically you will know when your overtrained.....plus its very rare for someone to get overtrained / overreached in their lifetime.

If your not progressing or feeling a bit down, its most likely your macro nutrient intake is not enough, and/or stress. I mean so many other factors will play into this aswell, but in conclusion overtraining isn't something to ever worry about unless your going balls out with potent CNS exercises like deadlifts/squats/power cleans..etc......go ahead and train twice a day, 6-7 times a week brother!
Every one has a different theory...
Muscles heal in 48 hours is what I've read. Thing is though you do need rest or you will get burnt out. I also read where someone posted that he can't over train, only under eat. :)

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Every one has a different theory... Muscles heal in 48 hours is what I've read. Thing is though you do need rest or you will get burnt out. I also read where someone posted that he can't over train, only under eat. :)
Well no one has ever said I under eat :)

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
The only thing I have really noticed is that sometimes the muscle is still sore when it came time to work it again. I'm more hungry and so far strength is still climbing. When it comes to twice a day workouts I have only done that when on a good prohormone.
Ah I see, slow recovery? But I was talking about training frequency, hmmm, lemme come back to ya in a couple hours lol, on my way to the gym haha. Ill help ya don't worry!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Every one has a different theory...
Muscles heal in 48 hours is what I've read. Thing is though you do need rest or you will get burnt out. I also read where someone posted that he can't over train, only under eat. :)
True, but thats not my theory, High Level coaches like Charles Poliquin / Christian Thibadeau are the guys who study this subject(overtraining/nervous system...etc..).

And Flex Magazine will tell you stuff like a muscle heals in 48 hours, which can be true. It just depends, on sooo many factors. Resting is for babies Aaron!! lol jk, a night of sleep is enough rest my dude, I mean if you really feel like you need a day off or your not progressing, thgats when you take the day off.

oh that reminds me I gotta go check on your log....im really curious to see the effects of PH17!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
True, but thats not my theory, High Level coaches like Charles Poliquin / Christian Thibadeau are the guys who study this subject(overtraining/nervous system...etc..).

And Flex Magazine will tell you stuff like a muscle heals in 48 hours, which can be true. It just depends, on sooo many factors. Resting is for babies Aaron!! lol jk, a night of sleep is enough rest my dude, I mean if you really feel like you need a day off or your not progressing, thgats when you take the day off.

oh that reminds me I gotta go check on your log....im really curious to see the effects of PH17!
:thumbsup:

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Strength still climbing! Awesome! Keep it up! Yeah man keep progressing until you stop progressing! Until then, I wouldn't worry too much about doing too much. Your doing great!

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Insanity X3 Today I decided to try out 3 doses. Wow! Workout was intense. I up the resistance and intensity. It kept me pushing hard all the way to the end. The pump was so intense it hurt. I love it. On the label they should put 1 to 3 doses. Workout today was my chest, back and arms. Still doing the supersets.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Well had to take some time off thanks to the rain. Sucks not having a gym or a place inside to work out. Today we had some sun so took 3 doses of epic and went out for a hell of a workout. Did chest, back and arms. Strength was way up today. I upped the resistance and was still doing high reps in the 10 range. The thing that sucks is on chest and back workouts. I'm using the maxs resistance. So I have shorting rest between sets. I'm still doing supersets. May try to change it up a little to see if I can up the intensity on the muscles I maxed on. May add a 3rd workout to each set or something. I really need to start making money so I can get back into a gym. After I get working I would like to get another bottle of epic and a couple ph19 and hit the gym. Until then I will keep doing what I can do.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Well had to take some time off thanks to the rain. Sucks not having a gym or a place inside to work out. Today we had some sun so took 3 doses of epic and went out for a hell of a workout. Did chest, back and arms. Strength was way up today. I upped the resistance and was still doing high reps in the 10 range. The thing that sucks is on chest and back workouts. I'm using the maxs resistance. So I have shorting rest between sets. I'm still doing supersets. May try to change it up a little to see if I can up the intensity on the muscles I maxed on. May add a 3rd workout to each set or something. I really need to start making money so I can get back into a gym. After I get working I would like to get another bottle of epic and a couple ph19 and hit the gym. Until then I will keep doing what I can do.
Just keep working at it bro, you're doing great with what you have!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just keep working at it bro, you're doing great with what you have!!
What he said! ^^^ We like to see how it affects you and in what ways it helps. You are giving us that info! There are some loggers that just give their routine and nothing else. Not how they are feeling, what effects they are noticing, what gains/losses they are getting, none of that. I like to see the weight routines just for a progression scale but I really WANT to see the effects. I like how you are toying with the dosing and mixing things up. You just keep on doing your thing.

Dragon93

Dragon93

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback guys.